Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria (8425 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Contradiction By Modenine / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by chukky76(m): 8:21am On Mar 07, 2008
Being arguably one of modenines biggest fans on these forums AHH and Nairaland its been really odd that i havent even met the big guy physically, save for shows with about a thousand people between me and the stage but this sunday past i finally met the ninestein. it was for like five minutes but it was great.

Here i was walking into the galleria on a date with this chick who was yet to show up by the way, (chicks and their the guy has to wait policy) so i'm strolling into Nu metro to browse the Nigerian novel section and pick out a spot where my book should be sometime in the future, i have my Headphones on, hooked up to my Htc Tytn and i'm bumping "i'm not like you" from the E plurubus unum album and walking straight by the nigerian movies section just at the entrance and i hear this nasally, gravelly heavily accentuated voice saying "that song is sick man, i don't know why i love that track so much" and i'm like dude seriously this guy sounds like modey and i look up and in two seconds i find myself face to face with modenizzy himself.

Even though i'd never played this scene out in my mind before but i'd once had an argument with my family about what movie star or celebrity would make em go gaga, my answer was just two eminem and modenine but i swore i wouldnt be all gushy and star struck the way most people are.

Well here i am standing in front of someone i've spent a lot of my free time hyping on all these forums and it was just soo unreal. i break into a smile and like we were old friends he smiles back at me and everything else just flowed natural. i stretch out my right hand and he shakes me, a nice firm handshake with an "eh wats up chief or chairman" not sure which , everything was moving in rapid slow motion. he definitely knew i recognized him but for added effect i pull out the usb jack of my headphones and he cocks his head with a "whats that?" straining to listen to the music over rooftop mcs blasting in the background. when he finally catches on he breaks into this huge grin and says "yeah yeah that was back in the days before this rooftop mcs started copping my style , stealing my flows, you know they've been begging me that they want to hangout with me you know, teach them some stuff but they actually good , thats them playing on the set" and thats when i realize that yeah they were other people around him, in galleria, in victoria island, in lagos and on planet earth, thats how lost i was. he was in company of the rooftop mcs about four guys standing around him but who gives a shit? i was talking to modenine.

determined not to be a bumbling fan i resisted the urge to ask him for a pic so i say yeah sure i thought they were great, its been great meeting you, i love your music i'm a huge fan and i think i'll be one my way now. so we shake again and as i walk away with my pride intact he says over his shoulder "hey you should cop their album, its over here" i holla back a yeah sure will do and walk away into obscurity putting my headphones back on thinking how wrong modenine was as it gets to the part in "i'm not like you" where he says "my number one fan is going to be a girl."

Last i checked i still had a big one hanging low between my legs.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 07, 2008
chukky76:

Being arguably one of modenines biggest fans on these forums AHH and Nairaland its been really odd that i havent even met the big guy physically, save for shows with about a thousand people between me and the stage but this sunday past i finally met the ninestein. it was for like five minutes but it was great.

Here i was walking into the galleria on a date with this chick who was yet to show up by the way, (chicks and their the guy has to wait policy) so i'm strolling into Nu metro to browse the Nigerian novel section and pick out a spot where my book should be sometime in the future, i have my Headphones on, hooked up to my Htc Tytn and i'm bumping "i'm not like you" from the E plurubus unum album and walking straight by the nigerian movies section just at the entrance and i hear this nasally, gravelly heavily accentuated voice saying "that song is sick man, i don't know why i love that track so much" and i'm like dude seriously this guy sounds like modey and i look up and in two seconds i find myself face to face with modenizzy himself.

Even though i'd never played this scene out in my mind before but i'd once had an argument with my family about what movie star or celebrity would make em go gaga, my answer was just two eminem and modenine but i swore i wouldnt be all gushy and star struck the way most people are.

Well here i am standing in front of someone i've spent a lot of my free time hyping on all these forums and it was just soo unreal. i break into a smile and like we were old friends he smiles back at me and everything else just flowed natural. i stretch out my right hand and he shakes me, a nice firm handshake with an "eh wats up chief or chairman" not sure which , everything was moving in rapid slow motion. he definitely knew i recognized him but for added effect i pull out the usb jack of my headphones and he cocks his head with a "whats that?" straining to listen to the music over rooftop mcs blasting in the background. when he finally catches on he breaks into this huge grin and says "yeah yeah that was back in the days before this rooftop mcs started copping my style , stealing my flows, you know they've been begging me that they want to hangout with me you know, teach them some stuff but they actually good , thats them playing on the set" and thats when i realize that yeah they were other people around him, in galleria, in victoria island, in lagos and on planet earth, thats how lost i was. he was in company of the rooftop mcs about four guys standing around him but who gives a shit? i was talking to modenine.

determined not to be a bumbling fan i resisted the urge to ask him for a pic so i say yeah sure i thought they were great, its been great meeting you, i love your music i'm a huge fan and i think i'll be one my way now. so we shake again and as i walk away with my pride intact he says over his shoulder "hey you should cop their album, its over here" i holla back a yeah sure will do and walk away into obscurity putting my headphones back on thinking how wrong modenine was as it gets to the part in "i'm not like you" where he says "my number one fan is going to be a girl."

Last i checked i still had a big one hanging low between my legs.

HATERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I thought the day was Sunday on African Hip Hop till you swiftly made the change.

why u going around forums posting this nonsense? what sense do you make now? I guess your "big one" drops to your toes.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by fastmoney(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2008
this is totally homo, i knw ur a fan and im feeling nine too but the way you took out time to write all this shit makes it seem like ur writing it for a lover and shit, so homo
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by edosioo(f): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2008
lol
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by chukky76(m): 10:20am On Mar 07, 2008
if gay vibes is all you took away from my post about someone i admire then your f u c k i n g pathetic.

NOT WORTH MY TIME
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by tosinadeda: 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2008
No mind them jare,i feel u wellaaaa
but i wld rather meet rooftop mcs than mode
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2008
Meeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnn i feel u jare, i have not met this guy too but i pray to meet him oneday, Haterz would always say their mind, i feel u but i think i m more fan that u are sha cos i love dis guy, (oya begin dey call me gay), i lov everything about him, his music, lyrics, sense of humour, exposure, intelligence and all, He's definately da best,

"I'm swazzy with the quil plus I m ill with lyrics,
Some claim dey write for so and so, but i dont feel it,
They wud have gone straight if they were shakespare's spirit,
So kill it, goes on and n"

I definately love dis guy,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2008
u should have got his fone number and kissed him to really give the stori the homo feel u looking for.
like wtf??
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2008
Skingo, if i talk now, u go dey call me bastard, shey wetin u post now make sense, I have said it b4 dat all ur posts on this forum make no sense and i wonder what u r still doing here,

Dont call me bastard again oooo
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by nosa101(f): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2008
chukky = fheg

iLOL
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2008
if u no be bastard thenn your father is ashamed of you. that one is a given. no long thing. e be like say u collect modenine fone number. give it to me pls so i can find out what he does in his spare time. lol
gaylord
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by fastmoney(m): 11:49pm On Mar 07, 2008
ur really deep in this gay shit, shingo dont mind these dick in a butt ss niggaz, you should have kissed modenine or sked him out on a date, lol
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by kaydee(m): 11:57am On Mar 08, 2008
"Nigg*s fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
Guess it's just the fury of man" - Nas

Y'all haterz can shut ur muthaf mouth and go write on ur anal sex routine with Saucekid since y'all talk thru ur ass like Fagg*ts that u are.

@ Chukky

Man! Next time,make sure u take that pic.

1 Like

Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by tosinadeda: 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2008
Guy wetin concern sauce kid with this one now?
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2008
kaydee:

"Nigg*s fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
Guess it's just the fury of man" - Nas

Y'all haterz can shut your muthaf mouth and go write on your anal sex routine with Saucekid since y'all talk through your ass like Fagg*ts that u are.

Is there really any beef between sauce and nine. or it u guys just spreading rumours around NL and AHH?
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by kaydee(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2008
@ Tosinadeda
grin grin grin

It ain't hard to tell. All y'all hating on this thread are Saucekid's fan

@ Babaearly
No beef btw em,the beef is just that Sauce fans don't know where to place their man.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by tosinadeda: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2008
tosinadeda:

No mind them jare,i feel u wellaaaa
but i would rather meet rooftop mcs than mode

kaydee, here is my post on this forum, is there any element of hate in it??
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Gamine(f): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2008
And so?

i always see modenine for coolcafe/ chocolate royal

Anyways

good for you sha, i wonder wetin go happen when you see Jay-z
maybe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2008
@chukky.No mid dat bingo guy or skingo.dat guy na NO 1 player 8terz.I'll do anything 2 hangout with modenizzy
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2008
kaydee and chukky are the same people. because its impossible for 2 different people to agree so much on stuff that is disagreeable.
anyway it is obvious that at any chance they will bring sauce kid into situation.on that note. fukk them and their lifestyle. we no go beg una to watch history in the making.

omo modenine has been in nigeria for at least 30 something years. if you want to see him, just go to rhythm unplugged backstage, you will see him hanging around the celebs. lol when u see him on stage you can take all the pictures you want. fukk u and your camera.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2008
Gamine:

And so?

Anyways

for Ogun state? shocked
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Gamine(f): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2008
ehen, i see you no sabi the one wey dey Ogun state tongue
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by dont8(m): 1:15am On Mar 09, 2008
i don't think we should be hater of playerz,anyway i feel modey.he's one of my favourite artiste in nigeria
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by kaydee(m): 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2008
skingo:

kaydee and chukky are the same people. because its impossible for 2 different people to agree so much on stuff that is disagreeable.

U're on that cheap stuff again grin grin grin I've told u so many times that i'm not Chukky
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Jessalene: 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2008
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Jessalene: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2008
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 11:35am On Mar 10, 2008
Gamine:

And so?

Anyways

And so, u dont feel him dats why u r not moved. There r enuf celebs i v seen and didnt get moved. If i se jay z or jarule, i won't b as happy as i would when i c modenine. I feel this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Not even RKelly,

kaydee:

@ Tosinadeda
grin grin grin

It ain't hard to tell. All y'all hating on this thread are Saucekid's fan

@ Babaearly
No beef between em,the beef is just that Sauce fans don't know where to place their man.

I agree with u jare,
skingo:

anyway it is obvious that at any chance they will bring sauce kid into situation.on that note. fukk them and their lifestyle. we no go beg una to watch history in the making.

omo modenine has been in nigeria for at least 30 something years. if you want to see him, just go to rhythm unplugged backstage, you will see him hanging around the celebs. lol when u see him on stage you can take all the pictures you want. fukk u and your camera.

who for ur family has been as successful as this guy. I m beginning to think that SKINGO is ur real name cos u r really acting according to its coded meaning, (aja, dog). Why do u always unintelligently ridicle 9. Dont u wish he was ur senior broda,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by femi1481: 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2008
men una sabi yab well well,good work make una keep am up?
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2008
its no yab jare, no mid dis wack guys wey won provoke me, dem no nadda!!!
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by alisigwe(m): 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2008
this idiot skingo is probably d most stupid guy i've encountered all my life,i wish i could meet u 101 to take d life out of u,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by youngdigi(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2008
this post is homo
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by tosinadeda: 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2008
java must u wreck havoc any where u go, how skingo post take affect u now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track / Simi – "Complete Me" (Video) / Razor aka Genuflect Releases New Tracks From ' Who Killed The Evening? ' Check 'em Out And Comment!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.