Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria (8428 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Contradiction By Modenine / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by damn: 11:36am On Mar 18, 2008
I no knw y dem de beef u corporately shocked
i feel ya o jare.
guy talk say im de see am 4 coolcafe
so??!! angry
u don follow am talk b4
Baddest belee.
No mind them ojare
no b fufu in a satchet cool
Daaaaaammmmmmnn cool!! wink
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by fastmoney(m): 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
damm, i hate it when you guys compare sauce kid to modenine, sauce kid spits fake gangster shit, if is so damm good, he would have kept rapping in califonia or where ever he was, AFRICAN AMBASADOR OR RAP MY ASS, im not sure he got an album out and he thinks he'z an ambasador, ask sauce to show us his tunes before he came back to naija, his mixtapes before he came back, in america rap is like politics, u cant just come out one day and be great, u need to have a history on the underground scene, sauce kid got non, i swear JJC of 419 squad can lay more street cred in uk than sauce kid can claim in the states, sauce kid heard modenines tunes and decided to come to naija to feed yall with his fake gangstar ting,
wat swagger are u guys talkin about, ?i got more money than sauce kid, belliv that
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2008

look at that shirt mehn.
omo it shows aw foolish u r meeeeennnnn, so na shirt dey trip u. e be like say i go stop 2 dey argue wit u sef. u got nothing upstairs, wat has dat got to do with good music, wat we r talking about here is good intelligent well composed rap not tshirts and ur other foolish broda talk say dem write hiphop all over am, u guys tickle me meenn,

U talk about stupid meaningless tracks that sauce kid has, aw many pple know am, aw many pple don hear am, ?

If dey bron d two of u well, for any sauce kid's song u talk about post lyrics that u feel makes d track unique from wat 9 does, if u cant den dont boda replying my post. U r a fan of sauce kid but i dont know how wen u cant defend him intelligently in anyway dan to yab, o su mi oooooooo

IF DEY BRON TOSIN AND SKINGO WELL, D ONLY THING DAT CAN DETERMINE THE BETTER RAPPER HERE IS THE SONGS DEY WRITE, IF AUCE IS DAT GOOD POST HIS LYRICS, D ONES U KNOW FROM D NNET OR ANYWHERE POST DEM AND LETS ANALYSE EING OLODO JATIJATI,

BATTLE RAP, MODE 9 WUD RIP SAUCE KID TO PIECES, R U KIDDING ME, ?

He cant dear come near 9 in battle rap cos he wud be elctrocted to death (lyrically, lol)

My flows are electrifying cos i spit powerlines, sick sick ill,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
if men tickle u then i dnt wana av nothing to do wit u, modenine tickles u?lol
that shirt is about 169 at the website so please.can u spend that much money on a shirt? i wont even try it so just relax
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by deola1(m): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2008
congrats buddie, am hoping to meet my favourite artiste Faze too
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2008
Waaaat?
i cant believe this sheeeet
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2008
skingo:

if men tickle u then i dnt wana av nothing to do wit u, modenine tickles u?lol
that shirt is about 169 at the website so please.can u spend that much money on a shirt? i wont even try it so just relax

U r such an olodo, so u dont know wat figures of speech are? How u go know wen ur rap idol knows nothing about RAP in which poetry is a major part of. What does an expensive shirt has to do with composingd rapping well, u just support sauce for nothing, u know nothing intelligent about his stupid and meaningless music. He has nothing intelligent to offer so his target aydience shud b ur types, Its just a metter of time wen 9 wud murder him (lyrically) as he has said then u wud come searching for him as ur new idol,

I BECOME UR POP IDOL, ONLY WHEN I SHOOT WAT U PRAY TO, , Sick !!!!!!!!

Any sauce kid fan ready to play dis game with me, ? Les spit the lyrics of our man
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2008
fukk u and ur figures of speech mode nine. u gay as far as i give a damn
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2008
I won, u got nothing to offer, nothing at all, i m sure sauce kid wud be ashamed of u, idiot. I rep 9 better u r a wack sauce fan, go call ur seniors come make den come try me, u too weak, impotent fool and a dog witout canine,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2008
ur father na maga and i dey give ur father everlasting swagga. oponu did that rhyme?lol
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 8:06pm On Mar 19, 2008
heeyyyyy, dis mumu sef won do wordplay, no be for everybody, na wetin ur idol sace kid teach u b dat, sssooooooooooooooooooooooooo wackkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kai,

your father na maga and i dey give your father everlasting swagga

kai, final warning come at me wit dem wack lines u wont c tommorow morning,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by chrysler(m): 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2008
Hello,nairalanders, pls have got some problems and will need your assistance

1. I don`t know how to post topic on this website and;

2.While a friend was helping me to burn some music onto some disc, he tried to protect them. As a result, i found it very difficult to play those songs n realplayer, each time i try this it tells me that it needs to download a licence which obviously i give it chance to download and afterwards it tells me "Bad Image, exception Processing Message 0xc000007b Parameters 0x7650023C 0x7650023C 0x7650023C 0x7650023C and whenever i click on this small window twice, this is when it will now play the music,

Please is there any way i can deprotect or unprotect all the music so that i an play it freely because i go through this process for each and and every song on my laptop,

T tried downloading the songs on itune and it told me that it needed to convert it to a format it can play and in trying to do this, it said it can`t convert protected music,

So pls, how can i unprotect the music, i will be expecting reply frm you all soon, 1 luv
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by LoveKing(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2008
@ skingo and java

Man i dey shame for una, una nor dey try at all. people just dey look una stupidity right from the home page. wetin mode and sauce do una?
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by datnigadaz(m): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2008
Who is modenine yo?.
when dude said he been wanting to meet modenine and M, i figured this cat gotts to be big, and so I googled, and nutin spectacular popped. I aint hatin or nutin, but again, some one please hip me. WHO DA Bleep IS MODENINE?, AND WHAT GALLERIA WAS DUDE TALKING ABOUT? chicago, houston, los angeles,, where?. I'm serious yo. I wanna know.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Sonye(f): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2008
Modenine is "In my opinion" the best rapper in Nigeria.His songs are really tight and matured. I heard the guy is 40 sha. Don't know how true it is. you could listen to his music on youtube.com. Just search Mode9.
Enjoy smiley
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by prince84(m): 11:06pm On Mar 19, 2008
@ all posters

get a life,

works in looks around,shakes his head,signs and works out.

get a life,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by allboyz(m): 12:59am On Mar 20, 2008
Wetin dey do you skingo? U n o dey shame? ask Djnee to teach you something, u just dey go abt for this forum dey spil and abuse person, if u don't have things to share then,shup up.

No force me to ban you ohhh

Jalove, Kudos, 1love to the KING of RAP in AFRICA, 9
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by hahaha2(m): 1:38am On Mar 20, 2008
Modenine is all about drooping fatlines and crazy metaphors that make u go yeaahh and awwww, mode is just a punchline rapper and making good music goes beyond drooping fatlines u need to actually construct your rap into music that people can enjoy and listen too, without trying to crack the cipher behind every line. Another punchline rapper is Talib Kweli, this guy com naija nobody even send am, he performed at reloded(formerly 11:45), he dint get no response. sad

Saucekid on the other might not be the world's wittiest rapper but he can sure make good music, is hit single yebariba has probably out-hit any of Modenine singles ever. another example is D'banj not really smart writer but great music(i no som d'banj fans go wan cut my head). grin

So if am holed up somewhere and am told to choose btw good music and the FATTEST raplines ever i will definately go for the good music.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by texazzpete(m): 7:14am On Mar 20, 2008
My 2 cents

1. I've never really enjoyed modenine's music much, and i've said so to chukky so many times. i just feel he's so busy trying to make these great metaphors that he often forgets to make his music actually enjoyable. That model, IMHO, works for many people because they can sit back and admire his lyrics, but i actually require my music to be fun. I'll pass. I always do.

2. The original poster admires modenine and he said as much. I dunno why so many idiots are getting gay vibes from his post, but he's got a right to admire who he likes. At least he showed enough restraint to not ask for a photo with modey.
i'm pretty sure all this hoopla is cos his hero is modenine. if y'all ran into Okocha, i'm sure you'd be similarly awestruck.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 7:14am On Mar 20, 2008
good music always sells and great rappers over 35 are not great rappers, they are history lessons.
there is a new era and we live in it. all boyz fukk off.
its naija
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by DatNiggaAk(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2008
i once met modenine at a studio in abuja with blast(the guy produced and featured in that hausa song in his album:toron giwa)
nice guy i admit, but like hahaha said and i might add.
good music is not about tight/phat lyrics
to me, a good beat comes first, tight chorus second and you can blah blah blah your way to the end of the song.

by the way,one tight naija guy who hasn't discovered that formular is OD(OverDose) i hope he reads this
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by dee02(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2008
why should i meet mode-nine?!
f*uk it they can come meet me, grin
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by trhymes(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2008
I Dont Understand What you Guys are Jumping on. All i know is that Mode9 is red Hot. cool
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by g4d4f1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2008
I suppose this is very basic to comprehend.No need for argument.Sauce is just as phat as Mode 9 is.Unfortunately some of you lot paint Mode 9 to look like he prefers to get credit for lyrics,word play and intelligence without much aggression for the pay I don't disagree though,there ain't nothing wrong.
Sauce on the other hand looks hungry,and even though his lyrics might not sound as intelligent as some folks would have it he chose in my opinion the best option "perform" by all means to get paid.Definition of an entertainer.

Back to Mode,personally I think he's truly a hip hop head,a real rapper,I hear his Dj premo style of tunes and thats just totally game.No lie he's got it.

To sum it up, I'd listen to Mode but blast Sauce from my car.
Do I hear hear you say Unequal Credit?
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by seunspice(m): 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2008
i know we are supposed to be celebrating our artistes but what would you d if you meet Michael Jackson? go nuts? or simply pass out. i am a freak of his , but i would not join the bandwagon of those who go jelly in the brains when they see him. these guys are all human like us boooo.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by icezik1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Skingo

Pick 5 random tracks from both modenine's and saucekid's albums and sit down and listen to them. Unless you're deaf, you have to agree that mode9 is better than Sauce Kid. MOde9's previous album "Pentium IX" was all about him spittin great lyrics, but his new album "E'Pluribus Enum" was all about making great tunes. Afterall, tell me how many awards Saucekid has received. MOdenine got over 5 awards for E' PLuribus Enum, he even won a Kora for Cry. Listen to his track Contradiction and tell me how many Americans have better lyrics or tunes than this guy. Mode9's only mistake is that he is a Nigerian. If he were an American and had the same opportunities as them kayne and 50 cent he would pack Grammys like nobodys business.

"Hip-Hop has died off, there's nothin good on. Diss me and fall off before you get put on" - Mode9 (from Contradiction on the E' Pluribus Unum album)
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2008
buahahahahahahhah grin grin

so?becos u saw modenine
u want to kill urself grin

hummunu!
i wonder what u will
do when u see me wey be
mega star grin grin grin grin

men u gat to bigup o!
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by MojiEsther(f): 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2008
Lol. You guyz are killing me with laughter,
Hey chukky76, trying to steal my place as modees No1 Fan huh? Anyways i really feel you, love him to da bone. And there's nothing wrong with you liking an artiste like Mode ix so much. Dont mind them haters. Pretenderz.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2008
infact people like u
would even lick
his sheo to
shine lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

mumu grin grin!
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by FLOWSHOW: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2008
g4d4f1:

To sum it up, I'd listen to Mode but blast Sauce from my car.
[/b]?

correct talk, if u would rather blast sauce from ur car , then mode aint good enuff to be blasted. init? check it this way
the naija market dont know the meaning of intelligent lyrics, they only recognise club bangers and banging tracks ,

let me give u 2 examples
1. look at yebariba for example, the mere sound of yebariba makes everyone scream. when i was in naija in december  i was in starcomm party in abj and the girls went hell crazy when they heard yebariba , they all screamed sanboribobo, no modenine song is good enuff to be played in a club ie intelligent lyrics dont sell in naija and they are not danceable lyrics in a nigerian market.and nigerian society. capisch? the worst part is that i neva heard any modenine song being played in any club.

2. i was in kanye west and t-pain show in abj.the same december during the show when t-apin finshed and kanye was about to come in , the dj played yebariba and everyone went gaga.

moral of this lesson: naija rap scene recognises hot slangs and mad delivery and not intelligence rhymes or whateva bookworm semantics yall call it . period
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2008
ice_zik:

@Skingo

Pick 5 random tracks from both modenine's and saucekid's albums and sit down and listen to them. Unless you're deaf, you have to agree that mode9 is better than Sauce Kid. MOde9's previous album "Pentium IX" was all about him spittin great lyrics, but his new album "E'Pluribus Enum" was all about making great tunes. Afterall, tell me how many awards Saucekid has received. MOdenine got over 5 awards for E' PLuribus Enum, he even won a Kora for Cry. Listen to his track Contradiction and tell me how many Americans have better lyrics or tunes than this guy. Mode9's only mistake is that he is a Nigerian. If he were an American and had the same opportunities as them kayne and 50 cent he would pack Grammys like nobodys business.

"Hip-Hop has died off, there's nothin good on. Diss me and fall off before you get put on" - Mode9 (from Contradiction on the E' Pluribus Unum album)

u just said an artist made a mistake to be nigerian.

lets talk about sauce kid off the mixtape: round here, we fly high, blow, chevy ridinh high, u got the key.

i am not going to list any of modenine s tracks coz obviously i dont know them word for word. and i dont think i will. that does not mean im not intelligent. it means mode nine does not interest me. but sauce does. and they both rap, so it must be something bout their charisma, energy, flows, looks, or whole package. and i seriously admit that sauce kid has a better package. if modenine had a better package, he would have been the hottest thing around 5 years ago. 5 years later, thank god for sauce kid. naiaj is going tothe top of the african hiphop charts with sauce kid. no long thing.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by icezik1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2008
@skingo

I'm the first to admit that MOde9's songs are not really marketable in Naija, but before you call Saucekid's name there are still much better rappers with club bangin songs like Ruggedman and Terry tha Rapman. Even O.D (have you seen his video with sound sultan?) don they try these days, as well as rising stars like M.I and OJ Jazz. Personally, I love Eminem because of his lyrics and 50 cent because of his beats. 50 cent is making more money than Eminem but at the end of the day, If someone writes a list of the ten best rappers of all time only Eminem can get in. The same is true about Mode9 and Saucekid, I don't hate or even dislike Saucekid (I love Yebariba) but the truth is at the end of the day when awards are being given out for great rapper, Mode9 will always beat Saucekid. Why do you think at the Oscars, action blockbusters like Transformers don't win anything even though they make so much money? Because its not about how flashy or gangsta you're but how genuinely good you're.

Mode9, Ruggedman, Freestyle, Terry tha Rapman, Six foot plus and O.D are the rappers people will remember for the next decade not Saucekid because these guys have classics. "Cry" will outlive "Yebariba".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track / Razor aka Genuflect Releases New Tracks From ' Who Killed The Evening? ' Check 'em Out And Comment! / Top Ten New School Rappers From 06 Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.