Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria (8427 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Contradiction By Modenine / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by yemmydavid(m): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2008
na wa o. c as u describe d whole thing like say na HOME VIDEO.
i happy 4 u sha but wetinu want those of us wey dey c mode9 like every day and talkin to him regularly make we do

i love mode9 and he is a very frndly person.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by FactorChic(f): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2008
yemmydavid:

na wa o. c as u describe d whole thing like say na HOME VIDEO.
i happy for you sha but wetinu want those of us wey dey c mode9 like every day and talkin to him regularly make we do

i love mode9 and he is a very frndly person.

You see am too cheesy cheesy

This post is weird sha
THe shamefull part is, grown ups con dey sit down here dey argue about who is better and who is not, at d end of d day e no go put food for Mode9's table a bi Sauce kid. (whoever that is)

This is just pure trash mehn! *hiss*
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by sturvs: 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2008
clap for yourself
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2008
ice_zik:

@skingo

I'm the first to admit that MOde9's songs are not really marketable in Naija, but before you call Saucekid's name there are still much better rappers with club bangin songs like Ruggedman and Terry tha Rapman. Even O.D (have you seen his video with sound sultan?) don they try these days, as well as rising stars like M.I and OJ Jazz. Personally, I love Eminem because of his lyrics and 50 cent because of his beats. 50 cent is making more money than Eminem but at the end of the day, If someone writes a list of the ten best rappers of all time only Eminem can get in. The same is true about Mode9 and Saucekid, I don't hate or even dislike Saucekid (I love Yebariba) but the truth is at the end of the day when awards are being given out for great rapper, Mode9 will always beat Saucekid. Why do you think at the Oscars, action blockbusters like Transformers don't win anything even though they make so much money? Because its not about how flashy or gangsta you're but how genuinely good you're.

Mode9, Ruggedman, Freestyle, Terry tha Rapman, Six foot plus and O.D are the rappers people will remember for the next decade not Saucekid because these guys have classics. "Cry" will outlive "Yebariba".

yo ma guy, cry is not a classic. it was a song for the moment. infact, i dont know many intelligent people who sing along to cry. in my views, who will u rather give an award relating to rap in naija (modenine, terry, od, ruggedmdn, ill bliss, nigga raw, 6ftplus)
of the above names mentioned modenine is the most popular in the industry. modenine has the most videos on mtv, channel o, ait bla bla bla than these other artists. and the videos modenine has on air are not videos for hit singles, or even hit records. they are just for songs he has done.

so if u were to vote, of course it will be modenine.

sauce kid will win more awards than modenine will win in total when its all said and done.
quote me!
its naija
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by alexbragga(m): 12:22am On Mar 21, 2008
you shud av just told us that you suckd his dick!!!!
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by Gamine(f): 12:23am On Mar 21, 2008
See wetin Mode9 don cause for NL shocked
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by KUNLEx: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2008
Dont mind these haters, I am a big Modenine fan, his lyrics are intelligently crafted. Which is what good hip hop is about. check out his latest track here http://naijaconnects.com/index.php?action=media_audio&page=listen&id=1226&cat=recent
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by frgy1: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2008
so what if he is gay?
ehen?
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by bricks(m): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2008
This is really interesting,never thot i would see a thread like this(so stupid)so you saw mode 9 what the Bleep?how old are you guyz anyways?
14 or 17? dont mean to disrespect mode but i really dont see why should be star struck by him, i mean i met rugged man way before he blew up(actually had the opportunity to listen to one of his tapes back then),paul play,eedris all before they was known,now they are big so what like i'll see them tommorow and get goose bumps?nigga please!
mode is good with the mic but there are a lot of other great naija MCs out there like DOUBLE K,O.D;these guyz spit real hip hop shit.
mode's lyrics are kinda flat! he uses a lot of synonyms and they are really not quite indepth,what makes him stand out is the way he puts them together,try to listen to his joints carefully and u 'll find out there is really no diferent from the tracks.
if am to make a choice ,i'll pick O.D over mode and for y'all information,they are both from the same camp(SWAT ROOTS).

one!
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by dblock(m): 9:41am On Mar 22, 2008
Last i checked i still had a big one hanging low between my legs.

Niggaz got a big 1. You ladies heard??

Get this dude's numba. Hook in. wink

I mean sure yeah he gets hard ons from guys, buy ayyy what's wrong with that.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2008
skingo:

yo ma guy, cry is not a classic. it was a song for the moment. infact, i don't know many intelligent people who sing along to cry. in my views, who will u rather give an award relating to rap in naija (modenine, terry, od, ruggedmdn, ill bliss, nigga raw, 6ftplus)
of the above names mentioned modenine is the most popular in the industry. modenine has the most videos on mtv, channel o, ait bla bla bla than these other artists. and the videos modenine has on air are not videos for hit singles, or even hit records. they are just for songs he has done.

so if u were to vote, of course it will be modenine.

sauce kid will win more awards than modenine will win in total when its all said and done.
quote me!
its naija

Modenine would not be given awards because of popularity. He is not the most popular naija artiste and we all know that. Practically everyone that knows/likes modenine in this country would say dey feel him because of his tight rhymes and he definately be getting awards for same. The people giving out awards are not fools because they know who the cap fits.

You don't know aw many intelligent people sing along cry, ?

"They were man and wife but he hardly slept with her,
Out late with his friends, hurting is liver,
She's night month pregnant crying a river,
Alone at home, about to delver, " and so on,

Dont even go near cry as a song at all because the lyrics cannot be compared to that of any artiste u guys have listed. It contains all the elements of rap, Wordplays, Metaphors, Similies and all,

"Working hard but he drinks harder, married to the bottle about to be a father, "

Sauce kid would not last 5 years, u can bet me because he has started on a wrong footing, (quote me). I pray we r all stil alive sha but i know he wont have all d hype u guys are tying to mae us believe he has now. Modenine would forever be remembered as the LYRICIST OF THE CONTINENT, and of course, "CRY" would outlive "YEBARIBA"
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2008
javalove is modenine. has anyone figured this out. this guy is getting too personal. all the information u defending your argument with seems as if i am battling modenine. since i kow u are modenine, fukk u man yi. naija no send u. collect all the awards u want. u have nothing to show for it.
compared to tuface and the rest u should be ashamed of yourself. btu im sure ghetto p already said that!
end of discussion. honda accord
its naija
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by TBG: 4:55am On Mar 24, 2008
someone said the main problem with modenine is that he's not american,dat if only he was he would probably have won several grammy's.i completely agree and i think he should get it into he's head that he's not american he's nigerian and start constructing his word play in a way that reflects that.as far as am concerned mode 9 is the best nigerian imitation of an american rapper,so yes hes the best nigerian rapper ,at least the best imitation we have.he should learn from the best around in music eg.2face,dbanj,they didnt get 2 where dey are by trying to sound like anybody else but rather they grew their own style and they've blossomed.mode should take a cue from this guys,he is definitley intelligent but he should try and marry dat intelligence with some originality(look at asa now!!).for someone who is into something creative originality is of utmost importance dats how you can carve out a niche for urself. mode forget all that pentium ix and urubus unum ish, n get to doing something intelligent nigerians like you can feel rather than just appealing to those people wish and would give anything to be american.mode i know its somewhere in you please set it free and let it out and let the world appreciate it ,not just a few american wannabeesssss
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2008
TBg get mouth. wait and see this javaloave ho ass niigga come inside the thread and attack u. and if him change mouth, na suck up,
naija dont play that shit modenine doing. bottomline.
fukk whoever feels different. we no send
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by bricks(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2008
I think i would definitely agree with skingo that mode is about the most popular apart from ruggedman;i mean how well do people know OD,TERRY THA RAPMAN,or illbliss?, also cry is not and i repeat NOT a classic. it was an attempt at storrytelling which did not really hit the spot as far as am concerned,what made the song was the lovely voice of the person that did the hook only real hip hop heads would know what am talking about.

also i think javaman should make more research on rap as a whole beforemaking statements;saying mode9 is the best in the continent is blasphemy cos that means you 've not heard of PROVERB from south Africa,that boi spits fire and even mode would dorf his hat for him.

in conclusion ,our homegrown rappers need to work on thier composition going; along with one of te post skingo sent,all this going back n forth about intelligent rap is nothing cos when its all said and done the question is can you make music?thats the fomular 50cents has discovered.

comon,talibkwelli,roots,they all spit intelligent rhymes but i bet you that you cant listen to their full album like you would a 50 cent album.

thank God for Jay_Z biffing Nas ,his(NAS) career was almost dead with his intelligent shit.

you need to srtike a balance between the two(intelligence and marketability).SAUCE KID has a litle bit of that going for him.
his song with mike okri has a smooth flow to it that was okay.

mode still needs to find that balance,his club song "all tha ladies put your hands up" to me wa lack lustre.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2008
someone said the main problem with modenine is that he's not american,that if only he was he would probably have won several grammy's.i completely agree and i think he should get it into he's head that he's not american he's nigerian and start constructing his word play in a way that reflects that.as far as am concerned mode 9 is the best nigerian imitation of an american rapper,so yes hes the best nigerian rapper ,at least the best imitation we have.he should learn from the best around in music eg.2face,dbanj,they didnt get 2 where dey are by trying to sound like anybody else but rather they grew their own style and they've blossomed.mode should take a cue from this guys,he is definitley intelligent but he should try and marry that intelligence with some originality(look at asa now!!).for someone who is into something creative originality is of utmost importance that is how you can carve out a niche for yourself. mode forget all that pentium ix and urubus unum ish, n get to doing something intelligent nigerians like you can feel rather than just appealing to those people wish and would give anything to be american.mode i know its somewhere in you please set it free and let it out and let the world appreciate it ,not just a few american wannabeesssss

Hmmm, well said TBG. You r indeed intelligent. I beg to disagree with some of your abstract facts. The person said that because we picture american hip hop acts as those who do the thing well and r probably d best in d world. We picture them to have the best rappers, lyricists and all. For modenine to survive and get a grammy there which u agree with me he would get means he is good to the extreme.

His wordplays are not too tech for a nigerian to understand. I don't know what u guys mean when u say we can't relate to his kind of music. Does it mean lots of Nigerians are not intelligent, ? Hell No, (sorry except skingo). The song "It's a Goal" would in 1000 years to come never be done by an american. Nigerians are soccer loving people and he came down to our level to make a song we would all feel, He didnt sing about B-Ball or Golf. He sang about what we discuss in your day to day life,

"My Cold flows bring more AC to Milan, ", Sick!!!
"Why don't rappers use their heads like Victor Agali, ", Sick!!!, From It's a goal

Point out some of his wordplays that are too difficult to understand, plssss. Dont talk from abstract. Base your points on facts and figures. Lets trash them out here. Is it figures of speech that are too difficult for us, ? When other Hardcore rappers like 2shots felt they could not make it doing real hiphop (hardcore), they switched and mode 9 said he would not, Thats a waste of talent, He Says!

"Many rappers compromise skills fr the wad,
They need to hang a mind-the-glass sign on their pads,
Cos what they write is transparent, How Sad, " From Germs.

Lots of rappers were scared that they would not make it doing hardcore. They feared Nigerians would not buy their CD's but the last lyricist standing who against all odds carried on with his skills has been able to carve a niche for himself. At least he has a fair share of the market, Not like 2face and others though but he should be commended,

You also talked about imitation, ? Who is he imitating, Accent wise or lyrics wise, ? The original culture of RAP is found in US and if u want to keep it REAL, i mean how it should be done, it has to be that way. I can't figure out where he is imitating sha but maybe u mean his accent, That means Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is imitating American Evangelism, lol. That means Pastor Paul Adefarasin is also imitating American evangelism because there is no dfference, Accent is not the thing ooooo my brother, In fact i prefer Sauce Kid's accent to his, (oya, make una start to dey swear for me, skingo and co)

When u guys say Nigerians don't lisen to this, we don't listen to that, we don't feel this, we don't feel that. I ask myself, ----Who sets the standards, ? Please tell me who? Una too dey limit our brain for this forum. If we don't when would we start feeling or listenng to them. When would we be concerened about intelligence and not anyhow music we see idiots coming out with, KONGA to b precise. Thank God the song was banned because its a disgrace to our music industry.

"A Konga, B Kinga Ileke Konga Ajupapapapatipatipa, Ajupapapapatipatipa, "---what d hell is d meanng of this?

You also talked about style. Every musician is unique in one way or the other. Mode 9 is unique in his own little way too. How many American rappers can do what 9 does with the mic. How many of them can be as swazzy as 9 with the quill.

"I'm swazzy with the quil plus i m ill with lyrics-----Some claim they write for so and so but i don't feel it, "---From Who got the rhyme, ?

What 9 really does is not difficult to decipher. Instead of him saying 'I am a boy'. He would say I m the opposite of a girl, more like it sha but i hope i used the right illustrations. Similies, metaphors, wordplays and all, He;s got them. His rhymes are unique and exclusive to him alone. When i hear a verse, I can tell if its nine, (like 70% sha). He rhymes intelligently. He disses intelligently too. He attacks u from behind and stabs with his lyrics, lol. While you're still trying to figure out its surface meaning, He would be at your funeral smiling sining hyms, lyrically. He dosnt diss in a raw manner. Thats better than som1 coming on a track and screaming, "waka waka waka waka waka waka, " for like 2 mins, it doesnt make sense, u know what i mean, cheesy

You mentioned ASA. Dont even compare them i that regard. They are both intellihent but with differet styles. I hope you're not telling mode to start singing like ASA, lol. I like ASA very much and I like her style too. She's unique and good at what she does. The originality of what ASA does is different from the originality RAP,

Pentium IX and EPluribus Unum are great albums. Intelligent Nigerians appreciate what he is doing.Everyone has his or her own target audience so does 9. I am one of them, (thank u.thank u, thank u, cheesy) and I m proud and happy. Financially the bobo is not doing bad so what he embarked on as the MISSION KEEPING IT REAL did not fail him. His name is also not missing in the bills. He is recognized by those who want to take the intelligent route to reach its customers, Rule u world!!!

Mode is really a role model for those who want to achieve what lots of people are cricticizing. He kept the dream alive and God supported him. Wateva u want to achive, no matter the external pressures forcing u to drop, just keep on keeping on. One day, Nigerians would be forced to reckon with his style.

"I sworn after taking off, always keep it real,
But most time I m dropping fiction to prove skill, "----From Contradiction

Proverb, ? Wud do a search now and c aw i can get som of his tracks,

If u don't make decisions for yourself, someone somewhere would definately make it for u. If u don't set goals for urslef, someone would do that for u. Intelligent people make their own decisions. Fools follow public opinions. From the innermost part of my heart---this is for u SKINGO
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2008
a finger in the middle goes to u
u r a clown. jump inside swimming pool. try and drown and maybe God will save u
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by osasp(m): 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2008
javalove:

Hmmm, well said TBG. You r indeed intelligent. I beg to disagree with some of your abstract facts. The person said that because we picture american hip hop acts as those who do the thing well and r probably d best in d world. We picture them to have the best rappers, lyricists and all. For modenine to survive and get a grammy there which u agree with me he would get means he is good to the extreme.

His wordplays are not too tech for a nigerian to understand. I don't know what u guys mean when u say we can't relate to his kind of music. Does it mean lots of Nigerians are not intelligent, ? Hell No, (sorry except skingo). The song "It's a Goal" would in 1000 years to come never be done by an american. Nigerians are soccer loving people and he came down to our level to make a song we would all feel, He didnt sing about B-Ball or Golf. He sang about what we discuss in your day to day life,

"Why don't rappers use their heads like Victor Agali, ", Sick!!!, From It's a goal

Point out some of his wordplays that are too difficult to understand, plssss. Dont talk from abstract. Base your points on facts and figures. Lets trash them out here. Is it figures of speech that are too difficult for us, ? When other Hardcore rappers like 2shots felt they could not make it doing real hiphop (hardcore), they switched and mode 9 said he would not, Thats a waste of talent, He Says!

Lots of rappers were scared that they would not make it doing hardcore. They feared Nigerians would not buy their CD's but the last lyricist standing who against all odds carried on with his skills has been able to carve a niche for himself. At least he has a fair share of the market, Not like 2face and others though but he should be commended,

You also talked about imitation, ? Who is he imitating, Accent wise or lyrics wise, ? The original culture of RAP is found in US and if u want to keep it REAL, i mean how it should be done, it has to be that way. I can't figure out where he is imitating sha but maybe u mean his accent, That means Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is imitating American Evangelism, lol. That means Pastor Paul Adefarasin is also imitating American evangelism because there is no dfference, Accent is not the thing ooooo my brother, In fact i prefer Sauce Kid's accent to his, (oya, make una start to dey swear for me, skingo and co)

When u guys say Nigerians don't lisen to this, we don't listen to that, we don't feel this, we don't feel that. I ask myself, ----Who sets the standards, ? Please tell me who? Una too dey limit our brain for this forum. If we don't when would we start feeling or listenng to them. When would we be concerened about intelligence and not anyhow music we see idiots coming out with, KONGA to b precise. Thank God the song was banned because its a disgrace to our music industry.

"A Konga, B Kinga Ileke Konga Ajupapapapatipatipa, Ajupapapapatipatipa, "---what d hell is d meanng of this?

You also talked about style. Every musician is unique in one way or the other. Mode 9 is unique in his own little way too. How many American rappers can do what 9 does with the mic. How many of them can be as swazzy as 9 with the quill.

"I'm swazzy with the quil plus i m ill with lyrics-----Some claim they write for so and so but i don't feel it, "---From Who got the rhyme, ?

What 9 really does is not difficult to decipher. Instead of him saying 'I am a boy'. He would say I m the opposite of a girl, more like it sha but i hope i used the right illustrations. Similies, metaphors, wordplays and all, He;s got them. His rhymes are unique and exclusive to him alone. When i hear a verse, I can tell if its nine, (like 70% sha). He rhymes intelligently. He disses intelligently too. He attacks u from behind and stabs with his lyrics, lol. While you're still trying to figure out its surface meaning, He would be at your funeral smiling sining hyms, lyrically. He dosnt diss in a raw manner. Thats better than som1 coming on a track and screaming, "waka waka waka waka waka waka, " for like 2 mins, it doesnt make sense, u know what i mean, cheesy

You mentioned ASA. Dont even compare them i that regard. They are both intellihent but with differet styles. I hope you're not telling mode to start singing like ASA, lol. I like ASA very much and I like her style too. She's unique and good at what she does. The originality of what ASA does is different from the originality RAP,

Pentium IX and EPluribus Unum are great albums. Intelligent Nigerians appreciate what he is doing.Everyone has his or her own target audience so does 9. I am one of them, (thank u.thank u, thank u, cheesy) and I m proud and happy. Financially the bobo is not doing bad so what he embarked on as the MISSION KEEPING IT REAL did not fail him. His name is also not missing in the bills. He is recognized by those who want to take the intelligent route to reach its customers, Rule u world!!!

Mode is really a role model for those who want to achieve what lots of people are cricticizing. He kept the dream alive and God supported him. Wateva u want to achive, no matter the external pressures forcing u to drop, just keep on keeping on. One day, Nigerians would be forced to reckon with his style.

If u don't make decisions for yourself, someone somewhere would definately make it for u. If u don't set goals for urslef, someone would do that for u. Intelligent people make their own decisions. Fools follow public opinions. From the innermost part of my heart---this is for u SKINGO

bobs. . .i thought i was modenine crazy until i saw ur post
hav u got all dem tunes u just dropped?

9 4 president!!!
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by icezik1(m): 9:43am On Mar 25, 2008
javalove:

What more can I say that hasn't been said here?

By the way, Ruggedman is more popular than Mode9.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by MojiEsther(f): 11:44am On Mar 25, 2008
Javalove,

Well written. You are too much joo! That should end it all. smiley
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by torture: 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2008
guy ur a jerk.so because u met mode9 u started telling the world.Go to CNN OR NTA.Anyway i love ur essay grin grin
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2008
also cry is not and i repeat NOT a classic. it was an attempt at storrytelling which did not really hit the spot as far as am concerned,what made the song was the lovely voice of the person that did the hook only real hip hop heads would know what am talking about.

Cry is not a classic, attempt at story telling, didnt he tell d story well, ? At the end of the Intro Track to Epluribus umum, 9 said,

"JT Tom west, rest in peace, i dedicate the next track to all y'all rest in peace, "

I agree the song was a story but its dedicated to those that have passed away, The song reflects that didnt it, It reflect tears and sorrow. I think thats where the title "CRY" came in, Pls always support ur posts with facts,

in conclusion ,our homegrown rappers need to work on their composition going; along with one of te post skingo sent,all this going back n forth about intelligent rap is nothing because when its all said and done the question is can you make music?thats the fomular 50cents has discovered.

A rapper needs intelligence to enhance his or her lyrical ability. Dont say intelligence is nothing. When wud all be said and done, ? Pls shed more light on "when its all said and done, " 50 cent is a commercial rapper and thats the formula all commercial rappers use.

osasp:

bobs. . .i thought i was modenine crazy until i saw your post
hav u got all them tunes u just dropped?

9 4 president!!!

Yeah pal, i got dem all,

skingo:

a finger in the middle goes to u
you're a clown. jump inside swimming pool. try and drown and maybe God will save u

u neva cease to amaze me,
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by bricks(m): 1:33am On Mar 26, 2008
javalove,go listen to the rapper: slick rick -THA RULER album or better still more recently JAY-Z-balck album;(99 problems;2nd verse)or NAS (not too sure if its the God son album or stillmatic album) "REWIND" just to mention a few; these are storry telling tracks.Technic,composition and execution was ill!

what mode did on cry was nowhere near creative,even you can do what he did! (sorry if i sound too critical)

50 cent is a commercial rapper and thats the formula all commercial rappers use.

i laugh at that cos apprently you 've forgotten too soon 50's debut album that got the whole world buggin-(get rich or die tryin) and set the whole world ablaze.tell me what was commercial about that?

dont get this all wrong,all rappers are inteligent in their rhymes,jadakiss is one rapper that i consider as very intelligent with his flows:

"blood is thicker than water only in certain cases/but you need water to live,you learn that in the basics"-from L.O.X WE ARE THE STREETZ(pity i can't remember the exact track,album is quite old), try and think of this line carefully and tell me what you can decipher from it, and to think that jada is not even considered amognst intelligent rappers cos the lad is so hard core.

would you consider jay-z as inteligent?my answer is a big fat yes, "even a broken clock is right twice a day"-gift and curse album.

"i sell ice in the winter ,fire in hell,am a hustler baby ,i can sell water to a well"-taken from one of the tracks on blue print.,am sure you will say jay too is commercial because he sells records?PLEASE!

I bet you that jay may not be considered by many as one of the rappers that spit so called "intelligence"but uncle jay would shread any rap cat to bits any day. all you need to do is listen attentively.even our mode had to borrow sumthin from him(nigerian girls)

The point is intelligent rap does not mean cramping up your tracks with just matephors and all the word play in the books without a good chorus,a tight beat and a hook to back some of them up ,thats the winning formular.

mode really needs to discover this.

rugged man,sauce kid,even eedris will move the crowd at a party and mode would move what?heads?nigga please.
an mc that can't move the crowd aint no mc.quote me on this and mode knows this too.

i ,ve seen some of his stage performances and the crowd re-cation is not all that.

at best mode would be considered as a good battle rapper just like the great cannibus; but then again where is cannibus?

think about that.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by FLOWSHOW: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2008
whats the moral of ur lesson?

sauce and ruggedman moves crowds and mode moves heads? lol
in naija the only thing u need to move is the naija crowd .period

ruggedy baba is better than 9. cant u see mr jagajaga has not replied since ?

even eedris can move a crowd better.than 9

rugged called names boldly ,mode is scared to call names , but uses style style to yab others.
if u wanna point a finger point it right at me!

ruggedy baba opomulero

2008 naija rappers latest rankings
1.saucekid
2.ruggedman
3.modenine
4. rooftop mcs
5. od
6. new improved eedris
7. terryda rapman
7-10. the best of the rest
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by icezik1(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2008
I have to disagree with your top ten. I'm an avid Mode9 fan and don't understand what all this rubbish about Sauce Kid is about. The only reasonble song he had was the one he did with Mike Okri.

This is the real Top Ten:

1. Mode9
2. RuggedMan
3. Terry tha Rapman
4. MI
5. OD
6. 2Shotz
7. Roof Top MCs
8. OJ Jazz
9. Freestyle
10. Eldee

11 - 98. Everyone that deserves to be here

99. Saucekid

No be beef.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by vescucci(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2008
I usually don't do this but, here's the realest top ten rappers list in Naija. (In terms of flows)

1. Gino
2. Gino
3. Gino
4. Mode 9/Sauce Kid (Mode 9's first album was really great but all else is trash. Sauce kid's first album's ok too but I'll wait til I see the rest.)
5. Ruggedman
6. Roof Top MCS
7. Terry Tha Rapman
8. Freestyle
9. OD
10. 2 Shotz. I like 2 shotz cuz he's down to earth and a better musicians than some of the people I rate higher but he doesn't exactly rap, does he?

Now that's the Schindler's List, babies!
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by icezik1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2008
vescucci:

1. Gino
2. Gino
3. Gino
4. Mode 9/Sauce Kid (Mode 9's first album was really great but all else is trash. Sauce kid's first album's ok too but I'll wait til I see the rest.)
5. Ruggedman
6. Roof Top MCS
7. Terry Tha Rapman
8. Freestyle
9. OD
10. 2 Shotz.

Gino Dude, have you at least listened to Jimmy Jatt's album? He featured almost 50 hip hop and rap artistes like Mode9, Gino, Rugged Man, basically everyone in your top ten except Sauce Kid (Does anyone see a pattern here?). Anyway, Gino, in my humble opinion, didn't really cut it. If you're judging him just based on that his hit single then you need to get ur head examined. Listen to that album for a proper comparison between all the major rappers in Nigeria.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by skingo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2008
ice zik to be succesful in rap in naija, u need to move the crowd, not their heads. their heads will listen to what u're sayin if u movin their body,
yebariba samboribobo is not sauce kids best song btu its his hit song. it wil lgive u a reason to listen to what else he has. and truthfully speaking if u pay attention to youtube, myspace and facebook, and radios, u will see that sauce kid has got a lot of material. lots of materials. and

there isnt any pattern. sauce kid was not on jimmys mixtape for whatever reason. maybe jimmy jatt did not offer him enough money to do it. besides , sauce kid's mixtape is better than jimmys mixtape. so there's no justification.

either way. i've heard i cant feel my face is going to be the new club banger on sauce kids new album.

and once this album commot, u can expect awards, and the proper recognition for raw talent. until then. fukk u pls
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by osasp(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2008
yo java cud u upload
pain
the definition(from jimmy jatt. . . .i really need this one)
kontradiction
who got the rhyme

help me out plz
thnx
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by ppanther(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2008
@TexazzPete

"I've never really enjoyed modenine's music much.
i just feel he's so busy trying to make these great metaphors
that he often forgets to make his music actually enjoyable."

I couldn't agree with you more!

Honestly, I never knew rap had anything to do
with "metaphors" until Modenine came along!

One can't really blame him for not having flow when
he has to lace his lines with "punchlines" and "metaphors"

Check out Makaveli. The guy flows and paints images
that haunt you, make you think. That's what rap is all
about to me.

But then it would be unfair to compare Makaveli with
Modenine. One is expressing his thoughts as he flows
while the other is busy "forming" Nas.
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by FactorChic(f): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2008
PITIFUL!!! sad

When will dis lame conversation come to an end?

You met Mode 9
He's better than somebody, or somebody is better than him
someone is more popularthan d other

WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS? so called grown ups!
angry
Re: I Met Modenine Saturday At The Silverbird Galleria by javalove(m): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2008

what mode did on cry was nowhere near creative,even you can do what he did! (sorry if i sound too critical)

Tell me u r not the one writing this, Tell me its ur kid brother, lol, Are u kidding me, ? You always think you can do better when u listen to a track but d truth is u r being unfair to say dat song was not creative, Dont know wat to say to u walai, i dont. aw cud u say such, well its ur opinion and maybe it means u cant relate to wat he is saying, Cry is a song that justifies its purpose. The sonorous voice behind, the instrumentals, the lyrics and of course the video depicts the message the song passes across - Sorrows, pains, CRY. Which woman wud be happy to have dat kind of a man described in the first verse He drinks like he won't drink tommorow and in d end, he died causing pains to a woman who is carrying his baby,,,,

"He drinks away his pains but more pains to give her, " - From CRY ---Creative Line

Or would u like to have d 2 guys described in d second verse as childern, ? Hell No. They murdered demselves in cold blood at the age their parents wud njoy the fruits of their labours. They went into cultism and forgot all d love they shared as kids,

"They were best friends from the tender age of 7, " - From CRY

and then when they grew up,

"They shot each other point blank heart to heart, OH MY GODDD!!!!!, They made their mama cry, " -- From CRY

Cleanning tears from my eyes, lol, -----Dont say such again ok---?

i laugh at that because apprently you 've forgotten too soon 50's debut album that got the whole world buggin-(get rich or die tryin) and set the whole world ablaze.tell me what was commercial about that?

it was commercial, take it or leave it. In da club was commercial and dat was d hit track in the album, get it,

don't get this all wrong,all rappers are inteligent in their rhymes,jadakiss is one rapper that i consider as very intelligent with his flows:

"blood is thicker than water only in certain cases/but you need water to live,you learn that in the basics"-from L.O.X WE ARE THE STREETZ(pity i can't remember the exact track,album is quite old), try and think of this line carefully and tell me what you can decipher from it, and to think that jada is not even considered amognst intelligent rappers because the lad is so hard core.

would you consider jay-z as inteligent?my answer is a big fat yes, "even a broken clock is right twice a day"-gift and curse album.

"i sell ice in the winter ,fire in hell,am a hustler baby ,i can sell water to a well"-taken from one of the tracks on blue print.,am sure you will say jay too is commercial because he sells records?PLEASE!

Every rhyme wey u post for here, she na sauce kid write dem abi na rugged man or OD, u c d calibre of pple u r comparing their rhymes wit 9, ? Dont deviate come back home and post lyrics of 9ja rap artistes abeg, we r talking 9ja rappers, When u said all rappers r intelligent in their rhymes, i was xpecting u to post rugged saucekid or OD or any of the home made rappers. U guys keep justifying why 9 is king, All hail d super lyricist modnizzzzzyyyyy!!!

I bet you that jay may not be considered by many as one of the rappers that spit so called "intelligence"but uncle jay would shread any rap cat to bits any day. all you need to do is listen attentively.even our mode had to borrow sumthin from him(nigerian girls)

Did he borrow from rugged man or saucekid. I hav said earlier that we picture americans as the best and u r really doing a good job by comparing 9 wit d best. At least he borrowed from the best,

"Now here is the punchline to follow, been hanging wit d best long enuf to know the rules, " - From Toron Giwa

He even borrowed from Nas too another sick head, NY State of Mind - Lagos State of Mind, No need to reinvent the whel of progress boi,

The point is intelligent rap does not mean cramping up your tracks with just matephors and all the word play in the books without a good chorus,a tight beat and a hook to back some of them up ,thats the winning formular.

mode really needs to discover this.

To an extent I agree with u cheesy . Personali I feel his beats r ok but he just needs a bit of work on his chorus since nigerians r chorus crazy. To me, i feel his chorus r ok sha,

rugged man,sauce kid,even eedris will move the crowd at a party and mode would move what?heads?nigga please.
an mc that can't move the crowd aint no mc.quote me on this and mode knows this too.

If he doesnt move heads or crowds, he wud hav neva been invited for song dat eventually became the hit track on jimmy's album. If he doesnt move heads or crowds, his name wud be completely missing in the bills, He still get invited to shows, performs well and get paid. heads or crowds wud not move if the auditorium was full with ur types cheesy. lol

i ,ve seen some of his stage performances and the crowd re-cation is not all that.

u no mean am, ? If he doesnt pull crowd, his name wud have died off sinceeeeeee,

at best mode would be considered as a good battle rapper just like the great cannibus; but then again where is cannibus?

think about that.

I dont refer to mode as a battle rapper, instead he is known to optimize wat he calls HIP HOP FOR THE INTELLIGENT. (check wikipedia) He can battle rap, no doubt but he is not refered to as that. He can rip rappers to pieces with his lyrics too, He has touched almost every area of life with his lyrcs and not just to battle. I am a java programmer and heared Pentium IX. No nigerian rapper, i repeat NONE can come up wit a track as dope as dat. Even a professor of computer science wud relate, Talked about children, Politics, Sports, Naija Gals, His Person (I m just a regular guy), 419, Lagos and son on, all done in rap and u say d only thing we wud remember hiim as is being a battle rapper, u no serious oooo, cheesy CHeck this out,

"Listen up, if u cant raise them, dont make 'em,
Cos its ridiculous to forsake 'em,
Or watch an orphanage or a foster home take 'em
Infant mortality is on the rise rapidly,
Plan ur family if u wanna live happily,
Educate ur kids about sex, dont be scared
Trust me, its the best thing though it sounds weired
And be careful wat u do around ur children,
Cos dey copy any and everything around dem,
Thats why their TV shud be on PG,
Neva leave em idle, make dem pick up a hobby,
I aint go raise my kids on teletubbies,
Teach dem aw to be polite,
speak well read and write,
Cos in the future dey r gon take care of u,
Neva spare d rod, but dont make em too scared of u, " ---- From Children are the leaders of tommorow,

Na battle rap be dis one, ? For the next 100 yrs to come, no nigerian rap artiste shows any sign of spitting rhymes like mode 9 except d likes of Gino, OD and terry, Saucekid and rugged are no where to be found wen it comes to intelligent rhymesU neva know the value of wat u hav until u loose it, if dis guy die now, na in haters go dey confess say in b king,

@FLOW SHOW

ruggedy baba is better than 9. can't u see mr jagajaga has not replied since ?

even eedris can move a crowd better.than 9

rugged called names boldly ,mode is scared to call names , but uses style style to yab others.
if u want to point a finger point it right at me!

ruggedy baba opomulero

2008 naija rappers latest rankings
1.saucekid
2.ruggedman
3.modenine
4. rooftop mcs
5. od
6. new improved eedris
7. terryda rapman
7-10. the best of the rest

"Any eye service for me, is done with a racket,
You guys r quick to talk a good front but never back it, "
---------From Rock On

Giv resonable reasons aw rugeddybaba take beta 9. U all playa hate but without a good backing. Pls, Una go just dey press keyboard anyhow. Because Eedris neva reply am, Eedris na mode 9. If all modenine lyrics were to turn into bullets on rugged, he for don die sinnnceeeee, Mode reps naija better as a rapper. He is even listed on wikipedia and rapreviews.com meaning he has got both home and international appeal. Do a google search for mode and rugged and u wud b glad at the results. Just giv reasons, dont just burn ur cyber time,

Rugged called names boldly, ? Dats the unintelligence i m talking about. RAP stands for rhymes and poetry and a rapper who rhymes better and more poetic with his flows is d beta rapper. He is happy now dat he almost ruined som1 else's career coming out to diss in a raw manner. It doesnt make sense to me. U cud yab u but not to step on u to get on top. Modenine disses dont really hurt in reality, they r kind of abstract, it doesnt affect u in anyway,

"Your tight man is like a dry river, it dont flow,
Career is like a mouthless hooker it dont blow, " (Uppercut with a side kick) ---- From Spazmodic

"Here's d swetest part, this baba, dat baba
U not d father,
U got intellect myopia, (12 hit combo!!!)
so wen i diss a baba (ADISABABA, capital of ethiopia)
Its not ethiopia, "------------------------------------ From All the way

I m guessing dis is directed at rugged, Its all a game and let no one go physical with lyrics, !!!

This is a well constructed diss but aw does it hurt, Those who step on pple to get on top dont last believe me

Well ur top 10 s ur opinion, no comments on that,

Mine

To 10 rappers, best of d best in 9ja

1. Mode 9
2. Mode 9
3. Mode 9
4. Mode 9
5. Terry
6. Sauce Kid
7. Gino
8. Ruggedman
9. OD

make una help me complete am, k, 10. SKINGO, lol

But the most commercial rapper in naija is rugged. I respect him for that, He's got good marketing strategy and its payng him well. He knows aw to sell records, That doesnt mean all naija rappers have to emulate his style oooo. Everyone with his own style,

We have talked about mode and other naija rap artistes. No line from the names mentioned were posted at least to butress a point. It leaves me with nothing but to either question the lyrics of this artistes or question the nature of fans u guys are. All the saucekid noise makng for this forum, only SKINGO try small sha (dont know whether its dis thread sef), talking about my life being a game and he needs a memory card to save me , lol. (WACKK!!!!) Mode is too hot for this guys, u can bite, u dont hav to accept, ITS A FACT.

"You to me is floppy compared to hard drive, (floppy disk is 1.4MB and Hard Drive is in gigabytes!!!!!)
I serve u with the oldest rhymes in my archive,
I spit sharp knive, u spit razor blade,
I m too ill, like siame's twins with AIDS,
You say F9 u only calling out the grades,
I got straight A's give or take i m d smartest,

, ,

My style is like hell fire, no one wants to go there, " ------------ From 360 degrees poetry

U can go near his style if u want to be roasted sha, Rugged or saucekid wont last a verse,

Mode is got it all, sense of humour, tigh rhymes and all but una dey playa hate. Una won spoil d bobo name for net butttttt,

"PERPETRATORS TRY TO KILL MY NAME,
COME AT ME WITH DIRT BUT I EMERGE WITHOUT A STAIN,
NOW THE WORLD REMEMBERS U AS THE ONES WHO GOT SLAIN,
SUFFOCATED BY THE FUMES FROM MY VERBAL FLAMES",
----------------------------From Pain,

This is not beef, this is lyricall vandetta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Se mo wire abi moo wire, !!!!!! ? (Have i spoken well, ?)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rate Wizkid's Album And Your Fav. Track / Razor aka Genuflect Releases New Tracks From ' Who Killed The Evening? ' Check 'em Out And Comment! / Top Ten New School Rappers From 06 Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.