Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (29043 Views)

Fegor Ogude's Wife Kidnapped In Warri / Why Did Ghana And The Ivory Coast Fail? / The Ivory Coast Has The Best World Cup Uniforms: Hands Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by darenxy732: 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
we to day abuse mikel but he day useful in da milfield expecially dis kind match

2 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by hollandis(f): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
darenxy732: we to day abuse mikel but he day useful in da milfield expecially dis kind match
Yes useful useful for passing ball backwards ,missing penalty and not scoring cheesy
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by leslieu63(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
I hope they won't have us for super fried chicken as their coach says.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by fujirice: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
leslieu63: I hope they won't have us for super fried chicken as their coach says.
Na u interview d coach? When im talk dat one? Some pipo can sabi smear 9ja sha! Mak una carry on! But no forget say d seed u plant today, u shall surely reap d fruit in due time. 9ja for the cup jare!!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Dreal1247: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
Yes useful useful for passing ball backwards ,missing penalty and not scoring cheesy[/quote] .
Even in monkey post can u d anything? Why not suport d players 4 crying out loud. Mikel stil remaihs 1 of d best playes dat we av in dis country 2day. No b ur fault. Even Jesus Christ said it dat a prophet is without honour only in his place.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by keleto(m): 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
cleared by Caf to play
against Cote D’Ivoire
The midfielder only received a
caution and will be available for
selection but his team mate Fegor
Ogude will miss the clash
By Sam Ade Oguns, in Rustenburg
Comments Tweet
Awesome Dislike
1 0
Mikel: I want to lead Nigeria
to Afcon success Kalou: Mikel has been
boasting about victory
Nigeria midfielder Mikel Obi is
eligible to play against Cote D’ Ivoire
in Sunday’s quarter-final match of
the Africa Cup of Nations as the
records of cards offences on the Caf
website showed that he only got one
yellow card, not two.
However, Fegor Ogude won’t be
involved in the match as a result of
two yellow cards he got in the group
stage of the competition.
DON'T MISS
Mikel’s yellow card records on the
site was only against Ethiopia in the
last match that fetched the Super
Eagles the quarter-finals ticket after
they defeated Ethiopia 2-0.
Nigeria has the second highest
number of cautions with 10 yellow
cards while Togo has the highest
number of cautions having received
11 yellow cards.
Other Nigeriam players that received
cautions include: Nosa Igiebor who
was cautioned in the 67th minute of
the match against Burkina Faso for
reckless tackle. Celtic defender Efe
Ambrose also got two yellow cards
and red card. He has since returned
from suspension.
Ahmed Musa, Emmanuel Emenike
and Godfrey Oboabona have also
received yellow cards[b] cleared by Caf to play
against Cote D’Ivoire
Comments Tweet
Awesome Dislike
1 0
boasting about victory
yellow card, not two.
DON'T MISS
11 yellow cards.
from suspension.
received yellow cards[/b] cleared by Caf to play
against Cote D’Ivoire
Comments Tweet
Awesome Dislike
1 0
boasting about victory
yellow card, not two.
DON'T MISS
11 yellow cards.
from suspension.
received yellow cards
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by 9jauk: 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
I'm so glad Mikel is not playing,God is good,all d time,his too lazy when is playing for National team shame,God bless Sunday Oliseh amazing kid.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by leslieu63(m): 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
fujirice:
Na u interview d coach? When im talk dat one? Some pipo can sabi smear 9ja sha! Mak una carry on! But no forget say d seed u plant today, u shall surely reap d fruit in due time. 9ja for the cup jare!!!!
what has planting fuc*ING seeds got to do with Nigeria doomed failure.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by RaindropGCFR(m): 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
its only Ogude dat was suspended, Mikel is nt suspended, he had only 1 yellow card nt 2, so has been cleared by caf
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Akiika: 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
When did this rule change? i thought all preliminary round bookings does not extend to the eliminination rounds. But how come players and coaches don't know that? once again, our shoddy preparation and plan has come to haunt us.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by pmc01(m): 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ibanga p: Mikel- Motivation- Advice. It doesn't add up. What is he advising dem to do? Play like him? Smh.
grin
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by playto(m): 12:07am On Feb 01, 2013
zico2: What a bombshell. without mikel this eagles cannot fly. we shall all see

U be mumu...did d writer say eagles cannot fly witout mikel...I suggest u put on ur glasses
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel or no Mikel Cote D'ivoire team is in trouble.They are sure going to fall against the Super Eagles.Naija for life

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by tglobal(m): 12:11am On Feb 01, 2013
I dont even know where these websites are getting their information from. Mikel wasn't even booked in our last match...only Ogude and Mba received yellow cards. So where are they getting their details from?
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Gistwitherico(m): 12:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Stop posting rubbish NL, mikel has been cleared 2 play cote d'iviore
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Redman44(m): 12:19am On Feb 01, 2013
I have not really followed the progress of the Super Eagles in this particular edition of the African Nations Cup holding in South Africa. To me, the last Eagles Squad I fancied was the team that represented Nigeria at the 2002 Nations Cup. Nigeria does not have many dedicated players again. You can hardly count outstanding Nigerian players in Europe on your fingertips. Mikel Obi is not even playing to his full potential yet. What happened to players like John Owoeri, Onyekachi Apam, Chrisanthus Macaulay etc? Back in the late 80's and early 90's, the Nigerian Premier League produced a lot of gifted players that held their own against the Europe based professionals. I am talking of guys like Isaac Semitoje, Friday Elahor, Friday Ekpo, Yisa Shofoluwe, Benedict Idahor etc. The Nigerian League was very competitive back then. I just hope we will get past Ivory Coast in the Quarter Finals of the ongoing African Nations Cup. Cheers.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by pmc01(m): 12:21am On Feb 01, 2013
The Egyptian ref for Zambia-Nigeria match wasn't sent packing o. Na NFF just play 'dundee, ur papa neva com back' for Nigerians o.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 01, 2013
Akiika: When did this rule change? i thought all preliminary round bookings does not extend to the elimination rounds. But how come players and coaches don't know that? once again, our shoddy preparation and plan has come to haunt us.

In the last couple of World Cups, and other major tourneys, yellow cards are carried over to the knockout rounds. It's only after the quarterfinals that single yellow cards (i.e. players on one yellow card) are cleared off.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Owoniho(m): 1:14am On Feb 01, 2013
Left 2 me, i dnt realy want mikel 2 play. I wsh he had nt evn bn calld in d first place. D havocs he's causin in our previous matches are mor than d good. Keshi shd try oda hungry playas on sunday.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by 190theclown: 1:15am On Feb 01, 2013
50calibre: Irrelevant! Even if they were to play, it wouldn't stop Ivory Coast from winning. Only thing now is that it may decide how wide the goal margin will be. If it was meant to be 2-0, it would now be 4-0

grin grin grin
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 01, 2013
50calibre:

You are a quintessential case of why Nigeria remains stagnant and underdeveloped because they can't be honest with themselves, they instead of being a realist, chose to hang on to hallucinations, promise of miracles and signs and wonders, false hope, wishful thinking.

You are a naive kid and come Sunday, you will get yet another disappointment as you are used to getting, question is will you be any wiser after Sunday?

You're a complete idio.t. All you've done on this thread is insult the national team and predict doom for them. These are young boys representing their country, and YOUR role at this time is to offer SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT to them regardless of your opinion on their quality. Imagine if YOUR SON or your BROTHER was a member of the squad. Would you still have this spiteful attitude towards them?

2 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:41am On Feb 01, 2013
Owoniho: Left 2 me, i dnt realy want mikel 2 play. I wsh he had nt evn bn calld in d first place. D havocs he's causin in our previous matches are mor than d good. Keshi shd try oda hungry playas on sunday.

To be honest with you, Mikel has had a wonderful tournament so far. I wonder what you guys have been watching. It is not the person that covers the most laps on the pitch that is useful.

Mikel is the only player that has created the goals we have scored in open play. At least commend him for that.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by mikron(m): 1:43am On Feb 01, 2013
im 100% sure we re going to beat ivory coast but without mikel it was going to be tough knowing what he brings to the eagles midfield but i also read it in goal.com that he was going to play, futaa.com also reported that he will make the team come sunday, so who are we going to believe? but for all those unpatriotic nigerians here clamouring for ivory coast to beat us u guys will eat ur words come sunday. enough said, i remain patriotic and i love the super eagles. naija for life

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 3:11am On Feb 01, 2013
50calibre: Irrelevant! Even if they were to play, it wouldn't stop Ivory Coast from winning. Only thing now is that it may decide how wide the goal margin will be. If it was meant to be 2-0, it would now be 4-0

PREACH!

THEY WILL INSULT U 4 TELLING THE TRUTH BUT PREACH ON BROTHER
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Person2: 3:14am On Feb 01, 2013
[quote author=Redman44]I have not really followed the progress of the Super Eagles in this particular edition of the African Nations Cup holding in South Africa. To me, the last Eagles Squad I fancied was the team that represented Nigeria at the 2002 Nations Cup. Nigeria does not have many dedicated players again. You can hardly count outstanding Nigerian players in Europe on your fingertips. Mikel Obi is not even playing to his full potential yet. What happened to players like John Owoeri, Onyekachi Apam, abeg who ask u 4 history?
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by preselect(m): 3:52am On Feb 01, 2013
@Person2
You mean 2004 eagles squad?

Anyways, mikel Obi now has a perfect excuse. He can say we lost bc he didn't play grin
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by FineBro(m): 4:14am On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel or no Mikel Nigeria will survive.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by phoneport247: 6:03am On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel was discovered at a time like this, so lets see more discovery today
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by mega360: 6:15am On Feb 01, 2013
wash
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Fidelcruiz(m): 6:20am On Feb 01, 2013
Asports: More worries for Stephen Keshi,as it has been confirmed that the duo of John Obi Mikel and Fegor Ogude would miss Nigeria’s quarter-finals clash against Ivory Coast on Sunday.

Both Mikel and Ogude, bagged two yellow cards each in the group stages of the 2013 African Nations Cup,which automatically translates to a one match ban.

Mikel on his part did not know that he would miss the clash with Ivory Coast,even boasting of the Super Eagles chances after the 2-0 defeat of Ethiopia.

“Playing against Ivory Coast is going to be both tough and exciting and some of our opponents are my friends, especially Didier Drogba,” Mikel was quoted to have said after the game on Tuesday.

But upon realizing his fate come Sunday,Mikel told KickOffNigeria.com how sad he is,over his unavailability.

“I found out last night and I am so so upset about it,” Mikel said.

“I was really looking forward to helping the team get past this game” the 25-year old added.

Despite his absence,Mikel believes that the players who would replace him, will do the required job to get Nigeria to semi-finals.

“I’m very disappointed to miss the game. But I am confident that the lads can do the job without us.

“We have a good team here and the new players are working very hard. I have tried to take some responsibility and speak to them, motivate them and give them advice.

“I am sure they will do the country proud.”

Players like Sunday Mba,Nosa Igiebor,Obiora Nwankwo Reuben Gabriel are all expected to fight for a place in starting eleven in the absence of both midfielders.

http://allsports.com.ng/2013/01/31/confirmed-mikel-suspended-for-game-with-ivory-coast/

Goal.com reports he's been cleared to face CIV on sunday
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by anonymous419: 6:38am On Feb 01, 2013
uzeba: u no dey read??

lol, verry funny
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Syenite(m): 6:38am On Feb 01, 2013
50calibre:

You are a quintessential case of why Nigeria remains stagnant and underdeveloped because they can't be honest with themselves, they instead of being a realist, chose to hang on to hallucinations, promise of miracles and signs and wonders, false hope, wishful thinking.

You are a naive kid and come Sunday, you will get yet another disappointment as you are used to getting, question is will you be any wiser after Sunday?

Don't be unpatriotic. This is AFCON and not the EPL. The better side does not always win. If our boys give their best in the match and luck being on our side we can win.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ronaldo Gives Manchester United The Lead With Awesome Hat-Trick (Video) / Tobi Amusan Takes On Jasmine Camacho-Quinn At 8:23pm Tonight / Germany Players Banned From Sex During World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.