Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (29045 Views)

Fegor Ogude's Wife Kidnapped In Warri / Why Did Ghana And The Ivory Coast Fail? / The Ivory Coast Has The Best World Cup Uniforms: Hands Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by emiye(m): 6:39am On Feb 01, 2013
Nigeria was better than B/Faso when we played them, even with 10 men.

Nigeria was better than Zambia when we played them, even with poor officiating.

Nigeria was better than ethiopia when we played them, with over 60% ball possession, shots on goal and goals scored,and a frustrating defensive tactics from them.

Nigerian team is not as bad as we paint them to be.

CIV defense line is made up of players aged over 30 with less pace. Nigeria will have at least a chance for penalty on sunday.

CIV 2013 team is weaker than the 2012 team.

Cote d voire struggled to beat less fancied Togo 2-1, scoring the winner in the 90+minute. Nigeria's crew should study that tape.

75% of CIV defence line that conceeded two penalties against algeria is what Nigeria would be playing with.

YES, Nigeria has some weakness, but others have theirs too. With some luck and hard work, we will win the match.

7 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by JimmyBoy1: 6:41am On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel suspension is not yet confirmed, NFF and CAF are still on it.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by ignis: 6:59am On Feb 01, 2013
tunapawizzy: Actually it makes no difference.....
It makes a whole lot of difference sir.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by buchai: 7:18am On Feb 01, 2013
God has answered my prayer i'll only miss fegor but for mikel he should wait if he wants to get tired of waiting no problem. We wil have to watchout for Anti Climax dat day comes sunday and believ so well in my team they wont disappoint us.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by leonshom(m): 7:19am On Feb 01, 2013
uzeba: u no dey read??
He was only expressing a sad mood bout d news, nt dat he couldn't read,d *Y nau* I guez its an expression !
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Fussbot: 7:22am On Feb 01, 2013
Na lie jhor..caf said he wil play
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by UdekeJ(m): 7:24am On Feb 01, 2013
Is there anybody that attends prophet TB's church? grin
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by brownlord: 7:32am On Feb 01, 2013
Good excuse for keshi, anyway let set up committe to welcome back super eagles back home tomorrow before the match so we dont earn ourselves this continental disgrace
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Mologi(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2013
lakad4u: Second to comment.......when he dey there,wefin happen self,so hin absence na just freestyle....
pls open ur very wel b4 comentin lol['cus ur last 2 coment nt 2nd]
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by hoochay: 7:38am On Feb 01, 2013
1 And on that day when the Super Eagles had
gathered in the burning bush against the
Ethiopians of the eastern Desert, Keshi, the
leader of the delegates gave directions to the
people, but they listened not.
2 And Keshi knowing what awaited him at
Abuja knelt down in his heart and cried unto
the heaven saying "My God, my God, please
do not forsake me, give me only one chance."
3 As soon as he spoke those words, the Lord
heard his cry, and the Holy Spirit descended
on the burning bush in the south of Africa
where the men had gathered and said to
Moses the Son of Victor, "Moses,moses,moses" go yea forth
into the 18 yard box of the Ethiopians."
4 And Moses hearkened unto the voice of the
lord and ran into the 18 yard box of the
Ethiopians. and behold, a defender of the
Ethiopian Army brought him down and
caused a penalty.
5 And when this had happened, Keshi knew
that the lord had heard his prayers and used
Moses to cause a big scare for the Ethiopians.
So he beckoned unto Moses to open his ears
to the voice of the spirit and heed the
commandments of the lord.
6 And the spirit came unto Moses again,
saying "Moses, play ye the ball into the left
corner of the Ethiopian net. And when Moses
had done this, the Eagles recorded their first
goal in the burning bush.
7 And the spirit drove Moses into the 18 yard
box again and caused another great scare in
the defense of the Ethiopians which made
the keeper of the Ethiopian army attack him
unwisely and got a red card from the
Moroccan Judge of the southern Court.
8 When this had happened, the people could
see the hand of God on Moses. And Keshi
knowing the way of the spirit, said unto
Moses "because the lord had used you to
deliver the people of Nigeria out of the hands
of the deadly Ethiopians, you shall go forth
again and take the penalty.
9 Thus, as the lord would have it, Moses
brought down the Armies of the Ethiopians
by placing the ball beyond the reach of the
make-shift goal keeper who the Ethiopians
had brought against him.
10 And when Mikel the son of Obi saw this
things, he became jealous and said in his
heart "see this small boy, for him mind, e go
dey think say him play pass me now because
say e score 2 penalty and I miss 1. I go soon
do ham watin drogba do Torres. Then him eye
go clear."
11 And when the draws were made, it was
said that the Super eagles of Nigeria would
go to war again with the eagles of Ivory
coast, where Drogba the son of Didier was
captain
12 When Keshi the son of Stephen heard
these words, he cried unto heaven and said
"My God, My God, Why has thou forsaken me?
For he knew that the defeat would be mighty,
else the lord send a Prophet

4 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by pillzthadrugz(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2013
buh do u realise dat u're a medium fool?
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by liveogd(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2013
50calibre: Irrelevant! Even if they were to play, it wouldn't stop Ivory Coast from winning. Only thing now is that it may decide how wide the goal margin will be. If it was meant to be 2-0, it would now be 4-0
shame go catch una
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by faithinnaija: 8:01am On Feb 01, 2013
Sorry guys mikel is eligible to play against CIV but ogude is not• Confirmed statement
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by emex50: 8:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Mikel has not really impressed many furios Nigerians who have really expected much from him. whether he is there or not will not make any difference. let him rest his ass on the bench.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by boron10(m): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2013
I'll rather have the news as "The Super Eagles Squad has been boosted by the Absence of Mikel and Ogude" cool.

Mikel is Damn too slow while Ogude is too aggressive.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by emiye(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2013
emex50: Mikel has not really impressed many furios Nigerians who have really expected much from him. whether he is there or not will not make any difference. let him rest his ass on the bench.
Some of you just make statements without any logic to side it, you only make follow-follow statement with emotions, and one begins to wonder if you have watched the matches.

Of the four goals Nigeria has scored so far, Mikel has 3 assists.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by idinc(m): 8:31am On Feb 01, 2013
Goal.com says Mikel is cleared 2 play but Fegor Ogude wil miss out on suspension,dis news is late
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Arsenate(m): 8:33am On Feb 01, 2013
50calibre:

You are a quintessential case of why Nigeria remains stagnant and underdeveloped because they can't be honest with themselves, they instead of being a realist, chose to hang on to hallucinations, promise of miracles and signs and wonders, false hope, wishful thinking.

You are a naive kid and come Sunday, you will get yet another disappointment as you are used to getting, question is will you be any wiser after Sunday?
na, there's nothing new to learn. Football has always been a game of win or lose. You win, fine, you lose, you move on. But most importantly one should always learn to stand by one's team. Come sunday, I'd be rooting for Eagles win and no matter the outcome, I really won't feel disappointed. No one wins forever and no one loses forever. I'm "wise" enough to know that.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Dranatomy: 8:35am On Feb 01, 2013
The ban has been lifted
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by otipoju(m): 8:35am On Feb 01, 2013
Babzilla:

PREACH!

THEY WILL INSULT U 4 TELLING THE TRUTH BUT PREACH ON BROTHER
Truth is a statement of a fact. I.e an event or condition that has occured. What your preacher has expressed his merely his own opinion. How can men like me from my own country be playing and I will be wishing them bad? And me too I want to progress. Even if they play badly even if they loose I will support the eagles come rain come shine especially when they are playing against bench warmers like Kalou and Eboue.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by otipoju(m): 8:53am On Feb 01, 2013
emiye: Nigeria was better than B/Faso when we played them, even with 10 men.

Nigeria was better than Zambia when we played them, even with poor officiating.

Nigeria was better than ethiopia when we played them, with over 60% ball possession, shots on goal and goals scored,and a frustrating defensive tactics from them.

Nigerian team is not as bad as we paint them to be.

CIV defense line is made up of players aged over 30 with less pace. Nigeria will have at least a chance for penalty on sunday.

CIV 2013 team is weaker than the 2012 team.

Cote d voire struggled to beat less fancied Togo 2-1, scoring the winner in the 90+minute. Nigeria's crew should study that tape.

75% of CIV defence line that conceeded two penalties against algeria is what Nigeria would be playing with.

YES, Nigeria has some weakness, but others have theirs too. With some luck and hard work, we will win the match.

Thank you for this pragmatic analyses of both teams.Unlike some who cannot give any cogent reason to back their claims. Even if I wan fear team na cotedevoire I go dey fear.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 01, 2013
wow,was it the same mikel who passed to emenike for the goal against BF,abi was that a pass backwards and hey he even won MOTM that day,nigerians ave serious issues and most of them dont know it
how many of these arm chair professional football analysts don rep them sec school b4?
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 01, 2013
emiye: Some of you just make statements without any logic to side it, you only make follow-follow statement with emotions, and one begins to wonder if you have watched the matches.

Of the four goals Nigeria has scored so far, Mikel has 3 assists.

watch them say well,he missed penalty
They shoukld just be bold enough and say Mikel! I hate you and we go accept say u hate the boy and stop coming here under useless pretence to spew what they can not back with facts and stats
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 01, 2013
9jauk: I'm so glad Mikel is not playing,God is good,all d time,his too lazy when is playing for National team shame,God bless Sunday Oliseh amazing kid.
now that it has been confirmed that mikel is playing,which God do you serve
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Gbenge77(m): 9:02am On Feb 01, 2013
huni_naija: Nigeria should just pack there bags and leave with her pride and dignity intact, i don't see this ending well for the super fowls... Ivory coast go use their necks as boxing match ... shocked

Anyways #TeamElephants grin cool
You meant to say "their".Anyways,a little patriotism wouldnt hurt,You dont refer to the NIGERIAN NATIONAL TEAM(once number 5 in the world as super fowls) Its absolutely degrading,disparaging and ridiculous.Your post was quite indecorous
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by damosky12(m): 9:05am On Feb 01, 2013
In my opinion, I think Nigeria has the highest number of pessimists in the whole of the represented nations at AFCON. You guys have always been pessimistic, you were pessimistic throughout our group stages against minors, yet the boys pulled through. Now, you ve resumed ur pessimism against a weak civ team. Mehn! You guys are weird. In other parts of the world where they have minor teams, the support their teams even while they fall, but you here; most of you are unpatient bunch of pessimists. REPENT, CHANGE YOUR MIND SET FOLKS
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 01, 2013
hoochay: 1 And on that day when the Super Eagles had
gathered in the burning bush against the
Ethiopians of the eastern Desert, Keshi, the
leader of the delegates gave directions to the
people, but they listened not.
2 And Keshi knowing what awaited him at
Abuja knelt down in his heart and cried unto
the heaven saying "My God, my God, please
do not forsake me, give me only one chance."
3 As soon as he spoke those words, the Lord
heard his cry, and the Holy Spirit descended
on the burning bush in the south of Africa
where the men had gathered and said to
Moses the Son of Victor, "Moses,moses,moses" go yea forth
into the 18 yard box of the Ethiopians."
4 And Moses hearkened unto the voice of the
lord and ran into the 18 yard box of the
Ethiopians. and behold, a defender of the
Ethiopian Army brought him down and
caused a penalty.
5 And when this had happened, Keshi knew
that the lord had heard his prayers and used
Moses to cause a big scare for the Ethiopians.
So he beckoned unto Moses to open his ears
to the voice of the spirit and heed the
commandments of the lord.
6 And the spirit came unto Moses again,
saying "Moses, play ye the ball into the left
corner of the Ethiopian net. And when Moses
had done this, the Eagles recorded their first
goal in the burning bush.
7 And the spirit drove Moses into the 18 yard
box again and caused another great scare in
the defense of the Ethiopians which made
the keeper of the Ethiopian army attack him
unwisely and got a red card from the
Moroccan Judge of the southern Court.
8 When this had happened, the people could
see the hand of God on Moses. And Keshi
knowing the way of the spirit, said unto
Moses "because the lord had used you to
deliver the people of Nigeria out of the hands
of the deadly Ethiopians, you shall go forth
again and take the penalty.
9 Thus, as the lord would have it, Moses
brought down the Armies of the Ethiopians
by placing the ball beyond the reach of the
make-shift goal keeper who the Ethiopians
had brought against him.
10 And when Mikel the son of Obi saw this
things, he became jealous and said in his
heart "see this small boy, for him mind, e go
dey think say him play pass me now because
say e score 2 penalty and I miss 1. I go soon
do ham watin drogba do Torres. Then him eye
go clear."
11 And when the draws were made, it was
said that the Super eagles of Nigeria would
go to war again with the eagles of Ivory
coast, where Drogba the son of Didier was
captain
12 When Keshi the son of Stephen heard
these words, he cried unto heaven and said
"My God, My God, Why has thou forsaken me?
For he knew that the defeat would be mighty,
else the lord send a Prophet

LOL
.............THIS IS THE PART I LIKE BEST
'18 AND AFTER THE MIGHTY IVORIANS WHERE DONE WHUPPING THE NOT- SO SUPER , EAGLES OF NAIJA, THERE WAS GREAT MERRIMENT IN THE CITY OF ABIDJAN AND MUCH ANGER IN THE LAND OF NAIJA?
19 AND STEPHEN SON OF KESHI CRAPPED HIS PANTS
20 FOR HE KNEW WHAT WAS COMING. AND HE LIFTED HIS HANDS 2 HE HEAVENS AND CRIED 'WHENCE DO I GO FROM HERE ............,..
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Dedemise1: 9:11am On Feb 01, 2013
PosCaricature :
Enemy of progress. You shall be put to shame.
amen.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by damosky12(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2013
Guys, THE SUPER EAGLES WILL SURPRISE MOST OF YOU BY WINNING. Stop being PESSIMISTIC. Lets pray for the team instead of the unceremonous degrade.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by PosCaricature: 9:15am On Feb 01, 2013
50calibre:

You are a quintessential case of why Nigeria remains stagnant and underdeveloped because they can't be honest with themselves, they instead of being a realist, chose to hang on to hallucinations, promise of miracles and signs and wonders, false hope, wishful thinking.

You are a naive kid and come Sunday, you will get yet another disappointment as you are used to getting, question is will you be any wiser after Sunday?
I don't join issues with blocked-headed people like you who never wish their country well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ronaldo Gives Manchester United The Lead With Awesome Hat-Trick (Video) / Tobi Amusan Takes On Jasmine Camacho-Quinn At 8:23pm Tonight / Germany Players Banned From Sex During World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.