Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? (2138 Views)

Real Reasons Why Some Men Beat Their Wife / Why Do Men Beat Women? / 5 Reason Men Beat Their Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by OCTAVO: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
Is anything wrong with some men mentally? Cos I wonder why a man will raise his hand to hit or flog his wife.
What happened to the first love they had for each other?
When I asked some men why they engage in battering, their response was that some women are deleberately troublesome. And if the situation demands for it, they have to flog their wives (an example is a wife that jerks her husband's shirt during any arguement).
No matter what a woman does, does she really deserve to be beaten?
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by chikeorji123(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
No matter what she does to u as a Man,l ill never support u or my Dad..what about me? ha! l rather divoice her peacefull than layed my hand on her..
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by k2039: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives?
Raised by dad who also beat their mum.
Also some men are naturally aggressive and violent, they will beat anything beatable as long as they are sure they will get away with it.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Mynd44: 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
Awhole lot of reasons ranging from Transferred aggressions to having an inferior complex to downright criminal mind to being a caveman.

A whole lot of reason
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
If a woman gives you flying elbow followed by roundhouse kick ending with a gaddem-you type uppercut (afterwhich you here somebody laughing "Muhuhuhahahaha" in the background) grin
Abeg No counter. Chop am like man grin grin grin cheesy

LOL anyway, ya it's pretty fawked up though.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Rocktation(f): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Most wife batterers are naturally angry. Like everyone else, they usually don't need reasons to be who they are.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by FXKing2012(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
OCTAVO: Is anything wrong with some men mentally? Cos I wonder why a man will raise his hand to hit or flog his wife.
What happened to the first love they had for each other?
When I asked some men why they engage in battering, their response was that some women are deleberately troublesome. And if the situation demands for it, they have to flog their wives (an example is a wife that jerks her husband's shirt during any arguement).
No matter what a woman does, does she really deserve to be beaten?
Problem is Nigerian men dont respect women and it's because the law protects the man. Any man who beats his wife should be made to spend years in prison and even forfeit half his assets to her.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Arosa(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
Men that beat their wives are by nature cowards,they have no respect for women and they also have anger management problem.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Do you have to beat a woman?
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Arosa(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
tpacalipse: Do you have to beat a woman?
Never! and try not to abuse her psychologically as well.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by KINGwax(m): 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Maybe someone is an animal

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by omicron(m): 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
Men that beat their wives are not men. And they are below women either. They are animals! Same with men that beat their mothers. I don't care to know why they do it. The thought alone disgusts
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Skywalker3(m): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
The reasons are

1. He didnt marry her for love.

2. He cant argue like me grin

I believe that men will resort to beating only when they run out of words to say in hot arguments.
As for me, I ll give her all the talking she needs, till she s gonna be the one who wants to do the beating grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by kokoye(m): 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tis same thread has been created like 75 billions times already and the answer is always the same.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Mynd44: 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
kokoye: Tis same thread has been created like 75 billions times already and the answer is always the same.

And a lot of those who condemn it will do it without a second thought

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
it can be as a result of transfered agression, insecurity, frustration and lack of self control .

In as much as i don't support(i despise it) men that beat their wives, i'll also advice the ladies to know when not to cross their boundaries with their actions or inactions cos we men are humans and prone to errors.some might not be able to control their anger

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Acidosis(m): 8:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
sorry to digress.... How about those that beat their younger & elder sisters? cool remember, your sister is a woman...
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by MrsChima(f): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
Because they have seen their daddies beat their mommies.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by nobniger: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
same reason

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
nobniger: same reason

Hahaha the girl grab pass am. How he take put himself for dat kain predicament sef?
This is the kind of thing that makes a man MOVE from his current town because he won't be able to live that ish down. grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by 190theclown: 1:24am On Feb 01, 2013
when some women run their mouths anyhow

its best to slap that okro seeds out of her mouth undecided
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by greatgod2012(f): 4:01am On Feb 01, 2013
Why do some men beat their wives?

Because their wives allows them.

Sincerely, no man can lay his hand on me to beat me, that is d MOST UNACCEPTABLE in my marriage.......no man dares it.......he will rot in jail. Infact, those men knows d type of women who can indulge them in that area.
Women, d fact is that, if you dont allow it, no man can do it.

No man can beat you without your permission.
Its one of those things to thoroughly discuss b4 marriage.
May God help us all.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Mynd44: 4:06am On Feb 01, 2013
^^
Ma'am, I completely disagree with your point that no man can beat you without your permission. As wife battering is a crime, we canot say a man needs permission to commit a crime.

But if you meant a man needs your permission to turn it into an habit then you are completely right

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by OCTAVO: 8:29am On Feb 01, 2013
nobniger: same reason
Your picture got me laffing.

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
When a man finally decides to marry his wife, I assume love existed to make them decided to accompany each other for lifetime. I assume bride and bridegroom dont expect a divorce on a later date when they plan to marry, LOL! If there is love from the man to his wife, why the heck on earth that he can physically abuse his wife until bruises occurred throughout her body? No matter what reason is that, man should never use their gifted strength to beat his wife. Such man is too violent and need to be punished. tongue
Men have no right to hit his wife or any woman for that rolmatter. As Children when we get beating from our Parents, its fine because they have the right to do so and they would do if if we are doing something very wrong. That beating is mild enough to be forgotten soon. But as grown ups no one gets the right to hit each other. If the wife has done something wrong and the husband is really mad at her he can show his anger by shouting at her.Yes it will lead to heated arguments and fights but that is still within control. But Hitting and abusing a woman is the worst thing a man can do

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by DonTonero: 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
am not in support of a man to beat his wife but you guys should pray not to marry the type that nags and dont take correction.as i have witnessed,my neighbour a woman went to an extent of trying to naked his hubby in public,the hubby ignored her and went in yet she went ahead again when the man came out but this time she went for the man dick.so if its you what else is she seeking for? beside the quarrel was as a result of the hubby noticing that the woman is a cheat.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by greatgod2012(f): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
Ma'am, I completely disagree with your point that no man can beat you without your permission. As wife battering is a crime, we canot say a man needs permission to commit a crime.

But if you meant a man needs your permission to turn it into an habit then you are completely right

heloooo, my dear brother, a man may not need my permission to commit any other crime, but not when my body is involves, as i've said b4, its one of d things to thoroughly thrash out b4 marriage, no, not ever, will i allow a man to lay his hand on me and IF he makes an attempt to break our agreement then, he should be ready to pay for his criminal and unheard attitude of his.
I wish you know me in real life, im very tolerant, but highly principled. Abeg, no make me talk, even reading about it is disgursting, i tell you, i can go EXTRA-EXTRA MILE with anyone that try it with me.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Mynd44: 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
greatgod2012:

heloooo, my dear brother, a man may not need my permission to commit any other crime, but not when my body is involves, as i've said b4, its one of d things to thoroughly thrash out b4 marriage, no, not ever, will i allow a man to lay his hand on me and IF he makes an attempt to break our agreement then, he should be ready to pay for his criminal and unheard attitude of his.
I wish you know me in real life, im very tolerant, but highly principled. Abeg, no make me talk, even reading about it is disgursting, i tell you, i can go EXTRA-EXTRA MILE with anyone that try it with me.
Ma'am, you are not getting my point. I am againt the word "Permission" even you have said there that it is one of those things you will thrash out before the marriage. You you will tell him what he should/should not do but he can decide to go against those rules.

You are not permitting him but he does anyway and that's when you will bring in the law. But that first time, he does not need your permission. It is just like saying you cannot allow yourself get robbed. You can and might get robbed but the correct statement is that you cannot allow any man get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by OCTAVO: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
greatgod2012: Why do some men beat their wives?

Because their wives allows them.

Sincerely, no man can lay his hand on me to beat me, that is d MOST UNACCEPTABLE in my marriage.......no man dares it.......he will rot in jail. Infact, those men knows d type of women who can indulge them in that area.
Women, d fact is that, if you dont allow it, no man can do it.

No man can beat you without your permission.
Its one of those things to thoroughly discuss b4 marriage.
May God help us all.
Mynd_44: The correct statement is that you cannot allow any man get away with it.
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by greatgod2012(f): 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Ma'am, you are not getting my point. I am againt the word "Permission" even you have said there that it is one of those things you will thrash out before the marriage. You you will tell him what he should/should not do but he can decide to go against those rules.

You are not permitting him but he does anyway and that's when you will bring in the law. But that first time, he does not need your permission. It is just like saying you cannot allow yourself get robbed. You can and might get robbed but the correct statement is that you cannot allow any man get away with it.

o.k oooo, i concur
Re: Why Do Some Men Beat Their Wives? by Mynd44: 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
greatgod2012:

o.k oooo, i concur
I give up too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Would You Allow This? / Ring Is Not A Symbol Of Love / What Would You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.