Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (22208 Views)

Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 / Peter Odemwingie, English Premier League Player Of The Month(September) / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by vislabraye(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
He's not professional at all. What's wrong with African players. Later they would start shouting racism.
If Osaze isn't careful, he would spend a whole season on bench. Nansense.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by dabossman(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
blackchild09: Peter Odemwingie has become the first
player in the history of football to tap himself
up. Mug.

Hahaha! Guy you bad o!
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Frankiss44(m): 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

He was driving a long journey and maybe turned off his cell. I think that was why he wasn't informed that the deal had collapsed by Hoilett not signing.

After going through all your post, I have to conclude that u re either Osaze or u re related or you are on his payroll.... Stop trying so hard to justify mediocrity, you suck at it and it doesn't even make sense... Osaze bleeped up #truthbetold

3 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by dabossman(m): 12:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
opeoluwa2: People are funny,how can Nlanders bash their own country man just bcs the guy spoke the truth abt keshi?
And now pple are happy cos he got embarrased due to some misunderstanding between WB and QPR.
I blame osaze for ever associating himself with Nigeria.he had opportunity to play for his mothers country but he insisted he was coming to Nigeria.
And the best we always do is to ridicule pple on Nland.
Pple have turned Nland to a forum of hates and castigation.
Most of your have nothing to show as an achievement,but quick to talk down on pple.
TALKING DOWN ON PPLE IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF A SMALL MIND.

I'm not happy for your mistakes osaze,
I pray you find your footing very soon.
All the best

Er, which mother's country are you talking about? Uzbekistan? How many major tournaments have they qualified for please? Nigeria has done a lot more for Osaze's footballing CV than Uzbekistan ever can, so don't even go there. And please is Keshi also not our country man? Full-blooded at that. So it's okay to bash Keshi, but let's leave Osaze alone because his skin is almost white right?

I bet you are one of those who call the Eagles "super chickens". Are they not your countrymen too?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by vislabraye(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
Why are people so sentimental about this Osaze issue?
When someone does something wrong, you start looking for excuses. Are you his PRO?
Imagine the long drive. If the deal was done, wouldn't he be properly informed?
Was that how Demba Ba moved to Chelsea? Which player have you heard that got himself embarassed like that? I don't think Balotteli would act like that.
Btw why is Osaze always getting into trouble? In his country and outside he gets into controversy.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by SEGAD: 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

He was driving a long journey and maybe turned off his cell. I think that was why he wasn't informed that the deal had collapsed by Hoilett not signing.

grin[quote author=thegoodjoehunt]

I think you are Osaze's rep. on nairaland
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by onatisi(m): 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
no doubt about it osaze messed up,he is a pro nd he knows the rules until u are given officail clearnce from ur club you must not talk to another club except stated otherwise in ur contract.he should have gotten cleaarance from his club and stayed out of public veiw until he had signed .this is really embarassing for him nd this is the first time i will hear of a player been turned back at the gate of another club
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
He has been told not to turnout for training today till next week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21293416
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by JNdupu: 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
justwise: He has been told not to turnout for training today till next week.

However, although Odemwingie regrets his actions in travelling to London, he insists his long-term future remains away from The Hawthorns.

"I am a very emotional person who sometimes doesn't think," he told Sky Sports News on Friday.

"I will still leave the club. It is only a matter of time."

He really needs to chill out, stop talking for a while. How many clubs will touch him seeing as he seems to attract trouble and burn his bridges everywhere?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
Just read that dude was sent home from training
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
Peter Odemwingie has become the first player in the history of football to tap himself up
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by queensmith: 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
i knew it, there had to be some sort of agreement!

he said he joined west brom under the same circumstance, i don't know why people are crucifying him all of a sudden. His club have done very badly, if the guy wants to leave let him go! its not like he has much time left

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by dare2think: 3:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
queensmith: i knew it, there had to be some sort of agreement!

he said he joined west brom under the same circumstance, i don't know why people are crucifying him all of a sudden. His club have done very badly, if the guy wants to leave let him go! its not like he has much time left

lol, he can leave when he wants if his father owned the club. He signed a contract for a specified period and is being paid for those period to supply his services.

So, he cant just leave. We are not in Nigeria where contractual obligations are treated like a pot of isi-ewu.

You cant eat your cake and have it. He is now eating an humble pie.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
dare2think:

lol, he can leave when he wants if his father owned the club. He signed a contract for a specified period and is being paid for those period to supply his services.

So, he cant just leave. We are not in Nigeria where contractual obligations are treated like a pot of isi-ewu.

+1000
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by brilapluz(m): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
dare2think:

gbam..
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
JNdupu:

However, although Odemwingie regrets his actions in travelling to London, he insists his long-term future remains away from The Hawthorns.

"I am a very emotional person who sometimes doesn't think," he told Sky Sports News on Friday.

He really needs to chill out, stop talking for a while. How many clubs will touch him seeing as he seems to attract trouble and burn his bridges everywhere?
His actions are born out of illiteracy.Who says education is easy to come by even with money should go ask Peter Osaze Odemwingie
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by brilapluz(m): 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
queensmith: i knew it, there had to be some sort of agreement!

let me let u in on transfers..wen a player,in dis case osaze,informs or presents a transfer request,its den obvious 2 d club officials dat he wants 2 leave but since he is on a contract,d club wil now place a certain amount 4 club suitors 2 meet..if d fee has been agreed,his club wil give d suitor permission 2 speak 2 d player in question(in osaze's case,he sud have obtaind a letter of permission b4 leaving westbrom) 4 dem 2 discuss personal terms,medical and odas.wen both parties r satisfied,an agreement & a public declaration on d both clubs website wil b made known signifyin dat such player now belongs 2 anoda club..osaze sayin dat such a tin hapend durin his transfer 4rm russia means he is yet 2 undastand dat policies differ in certain countries,in dis case uk..like a sayin goes,'wen in rome,behave like d romans'..
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by brilapluz(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
after watchn skysports & d interview wit osaze via a fone conversation,am compelld 2 ask dis questions:did osaze obtain a letter of permission 2 get 2 Qpr since he declard dat d clubs had reachd an agreement?
Why was d white guy tellin osaze,who was leavin westbrom,2 wait but osaze refused?
Wat role did his so-cald agent play in dis disgraceful act?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by livethinme: 5:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
brilapluz: after watchn skysports & d interview wit osaze via a fone conversation,am compelld 2 ask dis questions:did osaze obtain a letter of permission 2 get 2 Qpr since he declard dat d clubs had reachd an agreement?
Why was d white guy tellin osaze,who was leavin westbrom,2 wait but osaze refused?
Wat role did his so-cald agent play in dis disgraceful act?

But wait, you saw that interview. He said that the deal wasnt 100% done but close. In other words, a deal had not been agreed upon
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
livethinme:

But wait, you saw that interview. He said that the deal wasnt 100% done but close. In other words, a deal had not been agreed upon

Yes so he rushed down hoping to get in before ϑ window closes. On reaching there he found out ϑ deal failed and left.

I like this comment from a dailymail reader:

West Brom should be blamed for this unwholesome incident. A player cannot find his way to another club if there wasn't any form of agreement reached. He must have been given permission to go to QPR and when he got there and found out the opposite he returned home and shows up at training. Someone in West Brom wants to mess up with the guy. Did West Brom accord the Russian club the same treatment when the player moved? If he was no longer in their plan, why force him to stay? West Brom obviously can't win the League or any other competition or qualify for Europa. However, in the case of QPR they have a major challenge in hand which is to beat the drop, and if they are able to do that challenge for Europe the following season. This I believe is what Peter wants to be a part of, help QPR remain in EPL and challenge for Europe next season as well as the manager he's going to play for (Harry). So this explains his reason for chosing QPR over remaining in West Brom.

I don't get why there is so much backlash. If it was so bad, he would have been facing punishment.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by namdo(m): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
SOMEOE was supposed to go to WBA on loan from QPR for the deal to complete but that failed. Osaze had an understanding though it was not written. Read the BBC report again.

Redknapp>>> QPR manager Harry Redknapp said he felt sorry for Odemwingie and suggested Junior Hoilett's decision not to go on loan from QPR to West Brom was one reason why any potential move broke down.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

It is the media making it look bad. If Osaze went behind their back to discuss with QPR, the West Brom board would have been talking abot purnishing him.

West Brom accepted QPR's offer at the deadline, hoping to get Hoilett as his replacement.

Osaze's agent must have called him to get down there to complete the deal, only for Hoilett to reject the deal.

It is not as bad as the media and jealous footballers are making it.

Dude give it a rest. you are beginning to sound like a troll.
For your information, it was Tony Fernandes himself who said Junior would not be let out on loan.
The bottom line is that Osaze himself made himself out to be a t.wat
He his not the first player to want to force a transfer and he will not be the last. truth is his conduct in the last 72hrs have been massively idiotic and unbecoming of a millionaire let alone a hungry impoverished human.
The childishness of his twitter rants sound like a man who is unhinged upstairs.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Yes so he rushed down hoping to get in before ϑ window closes. On reaching there he found out ϑ deal failed and left.

I like this comment from a dailymail reader:

West Brom should be blamed for this unwholesome incident. A player cannot find his way to another club if there wasn't any form of agreement reached. He must have been given permission to go to QPR and when he got there and found out the opposite he returned home and shows up at training. Someone in West Brom wants to mess up with the guy. Did West Brom accord the Russian club the same treatment when the player moved? If he was no longer in their plan, why force him to stay? West Brom obviously can't win the League or any other competition or qualify for Europa. However, in the case of QPR they have a major challenge in hand which is to beat the drop, and if they are able to do that challenge for Europe the following season. This I believe is what Peter wants to be a part of, help QPR remain in EPL and challenge for Europe next season as well as the manager he's going to play for (Harry). So this explains his reason for chosing QPR over remaining in West Brom.

I don't get why there is so much backlash. If it was so bad, he would have been facing punishment.

most of the backlash are for his childish idiotic tweets.
He could have been a bit more matured in his comments,remembering that until he had that contract in his back pocket that he was still a WBA player.
How about arriving London and checking into a hotel close to Loftus road until he got a green light?
In fact, how about waiting for QPR to fetch him and not degrade himself by hanging around Loftus?
It is not like he is jobless and down on his last 100 pounds.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How can Osaze still be earning #15000 a week after all these years. It is sad the West Brom officials didn't let him go. He would have been earning #45000 a week if the deal had gone through.

This is too heart breaking. I can't imagine how he feels.

you are a very funny fellow. this is pure comic relief. Heart break indeed.
for your info Osaze was on 42,000 pounds a week at WBA. He signed a new contract before Roy left for the England job and that new contract made him the highest earner at WBA.
To believe he was earning over 40k a week and behaving like a jobless lad on benefit by whoring himself around south london is laughable and slightly idiotic of him.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
JNdupu:

This is a lesson for females too. Not every fine boy is okay upstairs.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by brilapluz(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
mbulela:
This is a lesson for females too. Not every fine boy is okay upstairs.
lol..i dey laugh ohh
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
This case and others like it make me wonder: has nobody ever sat down with a footballer and explained just what exactly signing a contract entails?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
It sounds as if he just asked "can I go?", and Ashworth thought he just wanted to go home, not drive the whole way to London.
by the way, you mean this clown drove all the way from the midlands to london? He could not even hire a cab or ask QPR to get some executive care hire thing to take him to london from midlands?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
Odemwingie offered olive branch
Clarke admits it was "total lunacy" for Odemwingie to turn up at Loftus Road on deadline day before any deal had been agreed between the two clubs.

He also claimed Odemwingie had been "badly advised and should be looking for new agents".

The move eventually fell through and Odemwingie is not being considered for Sunday's home Barclays Premier League encounter with Tottenham because he is not in the right frame of mind.

But Clarke hopes bridges can eventually be rebuilt between himself, Odemwingie, players and supporters after meeting the 31-year-old on Friday morning at the club's training ground.

He said: "I was very disappointed with yesterday's events. There was never a situation where Peter was not our player.

"I was surprised when he turned up at Loftus Road because he had not been given permission to do that.

"It is obvious there has been some form of misunderstanding by Peter of the situation, but West Brom never gave permission to QPR to speak to Peter.

"There was a moment when I thought a deal might happen. But it was total lunacy to turn up at QPR because the deal was not agreed.

"He jumped the gun. If I was Peter Odemwingie, I would be looking for new agents."

Clarke has not written off the Nigeria frontman's chances of playing for Albion again, although he is not being considered for the Spurs game.

He said: "Myself, Peter, board members Dan Ashworth and Richard Garlick had a meeting this morning and that is the start of the process.

"Peter is not in the right frame of mind to be involved this weekend and he has been given permission to go back home.

"He will then come back when we decide the time is right for him to start training.

"There always has to be a way back. There are examples of high-profile cases where there has been a way back.

"It won't happen overnight but he is part of my squad and hopefully we will get to a situation some time in the future where there is a resolution and Peter can help West Brom.

"Has he played his last game for the club? As I sit here now, I can't say for sure he hasn't played his last game for the club. But I don't think he has played his last game for the club."

Clarke accepts it will be a gradual process to reintegrate the player back into his plans.

He said: "Everyone makes mistakes in life and you have to try to recover as best as you can.

"Maybe he has to apologise first, then he has to get back into the squad and show the team he is willing to help them. I sensed remorse when I spoke to him.

"I have had a good relationship with Peter and this will test it a little but I'm hopeful going forward we will continue to have that."
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2013
mbulela:

you are a very funny fellow. this is pure comic relief. Heart break indeed.
for your info Osaze was on 42,000 pounds a week at WBA. He signed a new contract before Roy left for the England job and that new contract made him the highest earner at WBA.
To believe he was earning over 40k a week and behaving like a jobless lad on benefit by whoring himself around south london is laughable and slightly idiotic of him.

How come you guys are still using the looking for job scenario. Yes he looked silly but it was a misunderstanding.

I am not saying that he didn't make a mistake but that he never went to force a move. I am yet to see a reason that states otherwise.

This is from an article telling a side of Osaze's view:

“I have learned that the role of the technical director is not superior to the chairman.

As far as I am concerned, it takes two hours to drive to London and I had to be there as we were 90% there and the deal did not happen because of a player West Brom was expecting,” Osaze said.

“Our technical director is way too good to make that mistake and not get a replacement for me. His last words to me were: ‘Sorry, Peter, we did not get the replacement’. But I do not think that was what did not make this transfer happen,”

He didn't go to engineer a move, he thought the deal was done and was tryng to reach there before the transfer window closes.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How come you guys are still using the looking for job scenario. Yes he looked silly but it was a misunderstanding.

I am not saying that he didn't make a mistake but that he never went to force a move. I am yet to see a reason that states otherwise.

This is from an article telling a side of Osaze's view:

“I have learned that the role of the technical director is not superior to the chairman.

As far as I am concerned, it takes two hours to drive to London and I had to be there as we were 90% there and the deal did not happen because of a player West Brom was expecting,” Osaze said.

“Our technical director is way too good to make that mistake and not get a replacement for me. His last words to me were: ‘Sorry, Peter, we did not get the replacement’. But I do not think that was what did not make this transfer happen,”

He didn't go to engineer a move, he thought the deal was done and was tryng to reach there before the transfer window closes.
guy, give it a break. your Osaze is a tool,stop being an accessory to his idiocy. He drove two hrs to London to discuss personal terms and do a medical for a move he did not have his club's permission.What part of that is not clear? He was chasing QPR.it should have been the other way round. Did you see how Nacho was flown into Shenley Training Centre by Arsenal via a private jet so he could sign for Arsenal on deadline day? you man was busy bursting guts and beating red lights to sign a deal he had not be authorized to. I hope he was wearing a seat belt while driving at high speed?

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by koolchicco: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2013
mbulela:
you man was busy bursting guts and beating red lights to sign a deal he had not be authorized to. I hope he was wearing a seat belt while driving at high speed?

Lol. True dat.

To get/drive to London from West Bromwich in couple of hours(on a Thursday evening?) you must be well over the speed limit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Eintracht Frankfurt : Europa League (1 - 2) - Live / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Dani Alves Sentenced To 54 Months In Jail Over Sexual Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.