Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single (11507 Views)

16 Break-up Texts That Will Make You Thankful You’re Single (photos) / 7 Things You Don’t Have To Do Just Because You’re Single / 11 Engagement Photos That Will Make You Happy You’re Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Jeff148(m): 8:38am On Feb 01, 2013
OK, you may not have plans this Valentine’s Day, but it is just another day on the calendar after all, and there will be many more to come in which to score the perfect date.

Even for the happiest of singletons Valentine’s Day can be a nightmare, with reminders of love and romance hard to avoid. However, Valentine’s Day needn’t be just for couples. To celebrate your singledom and make the most of the day, check out these tips for enjoying Valentine’s Day as a single guy or girl.

(1)REMEMBER IT’S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD
While many of us dream of being swept off our feet and lavished with attention (and gifts) from an adoring partner, in reality it’s important to retain some perspective and remember that it’s not the end of the world if Valentine’s Day is a bit of a letdown on the romance front. OK, you may not have plans this Valentine’s Day, but it is just another day on the calendar after all, and there will be many more to come in which to score the perfect date.

(2)TREAT YOURSELF
If you don’t have anybody to spoil this Valentine’s Day, why not take it as an opportunity to spoil yourself? Treat yourself to a bit of pampering, cook yourself a nice meal or have a relaxing bath with candles and a glass of champagne. With no one else’s feelings to consider, you’re free to spend the day doing whatever you want and to make it a special day just for you.

(3)DON’T GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR EX
With romance in the air and seemingly everyone coupled up, it is perfectly natural for your mind to drift to past loves on Valentine’s Day, particularly if you are only recently single. However, although the temptation may be strong to get in touch with an ex, remember that setting yourself up for rejection and heartache is not going to improve your day. Give a friend a call and spend your valuable time and conversation on someone who will appreciate it instead.

(4)TAKE OFF THE ROSE-TINTED GLASSES
It’s easy to feel jealous of those who are loved up on Valentine’s Day. However, it’s important to maintain some perspective and remember that no relationship is perfect and that the romance you see on Valentine’s Day is not representative of a day-to-day relationship. Rather than being envious of the relationships around you, remind yourself of all the things you don’t miss about being in a relationship, and all the perks of being single you get to experience now.

(5)STOP TORTURING YOURSELF
Sobbing into a bucket of popcorn as the credits roll on another romantic movie, wailing along to ‘All by myself’ at the top of your voice, or going over and over all the reasons your ex was definitely ‘the one’ to your poor best friend… Does any of this sound familiar? And if so, is this really how you want to spend your Valentine’s Day? Make a resolution not to torture yourself this February 14th by listening to love songs, watching romantic movies or sitting about reflecting on your failed relationships. Instead, get out there and do something fun!

(6)SPEND TIME WITH OTHERS
Just because you are single on Valentine’s Day that doesn’t mean you have to spend it alone. Rather than moping at home, make plans to spend time with your family or friends doing something you enjoy. You could get the girls round to watch DVDs, visit a family member you rarely get to see, or head out for cocktails with friends. After all, Valentine’s Day is a day for spending time with those you love, whoever they may be.

(7)KICK-START A NEW ROMANCE
If there’s someone you’ve got your eye on and you think they may be interested too, why not take Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to express your interest? Send an old-fashioned anonymous card or just a flirty email and set the wheels in motion. Alternatively, sign up for online dating or look into other ways to find love, and let the thought of a potential new romance brighten up your day.

5 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by jessybarbie(f): 8:48am On Feb 01, 2013
When you are at the office with a hard to impress boss you won't know when the day will be over!

19 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 01, 2013
2 and 7 i definately do. Been doing it for d past two years.. Damn...
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Hmm,good points.
But truth is,when u remember for a sec. what that day is all about,u'll def. feel sick in the stomach & find urself wishing u were coupled up.

4 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 01, 2013
binger: Hmm,good points.
But truth is,when u remember for a sec. what that day is all about,u'll def. feel sick in the stomach & find urself wishing u were coupled up.
but wetin person go do buh live life to its fullest.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by fittty(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2013
Na wah oh! What's up wit this Val day noise. undecided There's still 14days na and even when it was 1month everyone was already tlkn... Itss beginning to get more recognized than xmas. Mtschewww!! So much ishey ku shey... Abeg give us tips on how to make money instead of surviving that dumb day ***Smfdh*** sad

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Intrepid1(m): 9:52am On Feb 01, 2013
The concept of Valentine's Day is over-rated, and is being exploited by Capitalists to bleed dummies dry!

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by vivianc(f): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2013
I have never celebrated valentine's day before, so its no big deal for me. I don't even look forward to it cos its just like every other day. If this one falls on a weekend, then I will be hitting the club, its been long I really danced.

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by justaqad(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2013
Intrepid!:
The concept of Valentine's Day is over-rated, and is being exploited by Capitalists to bleed dummies dry!

whats Valentine? cant find 14 feb on my Calendar...

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by PrinceNN(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2013
[size=18pt]no need...Feb 14 is our POP cheesy[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Teejayphillip(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2013
Valentine month again? shocked shocked shocked

My wife go don dey await her gift... Thinking mode activated
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by uzeba(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2013
I don vex!! I no go even do val for anybody again!! It is not biblical!! #just my own excuse#
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by EzePromoe: 10:01am On Feb 01, 2013
8.) CARRY YOUR CONJI COME NAIRALAND
You may be lucky to see those loveless soul that will do the flirting with you wink
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Words of consolation.
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by DJDOLA(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2013
Well am a free agent...I don't think about val..well if u like 2 be my val holla @ ur boy
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by pboiskinpy(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2013
Visiting the less privilaged,will surely do...
#jux passing and singing..#wia r my single ladies? Wia r my single ladies??

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by dopeJemi: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2013

did u say survive? So we r gonna die on vaLentine's day because we r singLe? Z being singLe a crime, I'm finking of hau Manchester united z gonna beat ReaL Madrid on d 13th, u dey here dey give us tips, keep ur tips 2 urseLf

10 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by sexybash(f): 10:21am On Feb 01, 2013
am so taking my self out on that day,i already book a full body massage and mud wrap on that smiley day,then go for movies on silver bird galleria, do some little shopping at mango,s grin no time , i no fit carry last

1 Like

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Tolexander: 10:22am On Feb 01, 2013
Na so o, val is in this month. Little wonder all these gurls remember to say happy new month to me this mornin which is very unusual.
for now am single only to reunite with my gurlfriends after the val. 5gurls on val, haw am i to divide myself and cash?

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 01, 2013
For christians its going to be the second day of Lent (For those that understand). I guess its time for all to reflect on the meaning of TRUE LOVE. Jesus died for true Love to save us all.
Cheers everyone and Happy Val's day in advance.

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 01, 2013
It ws supposed 2b a religious day, bt pple changed d meaning(tru devilish intentions)...it ws nt abt romance nd relationships, it wz abt pure agape love as commanded by Christ...visiting the orphans 2 shw dem love, nd d widows to show dem love, ..never 4get dat love z d greatest, 4 God z love....
Evn D catholics no longer recognic ds dy as st. Valentines day(it ws removed 4r dia calender) ...most churches dont recognic it officially again, .....al because d heathens hijacked d day n made it sinfull....
Pls celebrate it d way u should...d right, remenber 2 kp d day holy..if u r nt married,no fornications, if u r married,no adultery..
Tnx
FACT; 90% of pple wont accept 2 do dat...

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by pboiskinpy(m): 10:27am On Feb 01, 2013
dopeJemi:

did u say survive? So we r gonna die on vaLentine's day because we r singLe? Z being singLe a crime, I'm finking of hau Manchester united z gonna beat ReaL Madrid on d 13th, u dey here dey give us tips, keep ur tips 2 urseLf
...u r on point...if man u win real madrid,na sleep I go d sleep throughout the next day being una so called "VAL day"..UP MAN U

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2013
If ur BF/Husband is a MANUTD supporter, pray hard for them to beat Real Madrid cos that game is a day before Val.

If you've been used 2 singledom, I see no reason while u can't surpass that 'val-love' feeling on feb 14th. Afterall its just a day/date in a calender year where peeps spend anyhow just to impress one or more peeps. Y'all know what I mean

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by valuka(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2013
kiss
ladunsky: 2 and 7 i definately do. Been doing it for d past two years.. Damn...
will u b my Val? wink
ladunsky: 2 and 7 i definately do. Been doing it for d past two years.. Damn...
will u b my Val? *(2121A5F1)
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by graceng: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2013
jessybarbie: When your at the office with a hard to impress boss you won't know when the day will be over!

True talk but you make it sound like a getaway from torture. It's a beautiful day and you should feel not just happy but joyous.Why not do your office work with all your heart, a smile on your face,making it so beautiful not just for you but for everyone that comes across you on that day,from home,your boss, colleagues, customers and after the day you'd feel that peace because you made the day for lots of people smiley
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by clockwise(m): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2013
If manchester united c, defeat real madrid, whalahi i will forget am single. ur advice englighted and help me alot. kip it up.
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 01, 2013
I even wan tey single tht day#facT
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by vivgermans: 10:49am On Feb 01, 2013
Its gud to be single, at least no one to monitor ur moves etc.
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Georgeorge20: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2013
I'd just advice them to get patient n pray to Almighty God because to find true love it not easy.
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by ikekings(m): 10:55am On Feb 01, 2013
Nna nekwanu ifeanyi ooo... What's wrong with being single? Valentine's day is just like every other to me... We talking money here you talking nonsense... #no time
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by funmeme(f): 11:02am On Feb 01, 2013
I use this opportunity to invite singles to come mingle on 16th of feb at no34 Benson street, off akerele road slere lagos.the old school for costume ball

Dress code:Vintage

The programme promises to be interesting, full of fun such as games,comedy,fashion show,dance, DJ to give us cool oldies, debate,food, drinks and many more..

Gatefee is N2000
VIP N5000
You don't wanna miss this...
Re: How To Survive Valentine’s Day When You’re Single by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 01, 2013
Am buyin a big doll (human size). U can guess the rest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done Or Witnessed In A Party? / Why Would My Wife Send Our Maid To Her Parents Anytime She's Travelling? / Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.