Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April (12747 Views)

Pictures From The Boom J8 Launch In Lagos / New Samsung Galaxy S IV To Feature Eye-tracking Technology? / Samsung Galaxy S4 To Launch In March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 04, 2013
CGKing:

IV actually used an android, not for long though. When u talk of user experience, u can't compare the iPhone or iOS to android. When u talk about user friendliness, the iphone is just over the top. From simple tasks to animation to thrill, the iOS has got it pretty much handled as though it understands the way we think and feel. For someone like me that easily gets bored, swiping the screen to move to the next screen page is not just enough, the feel of these movements, the handling scores high with me. That is how u know a strong brand. Swipe at the iOS screen and then android and compare.

As for functionality, I would just give u 2 of many remarkable experiences I got with the iPhone.

1. When I bought the iPhone, my bb was switched off. I was thinking of how I'd transfer my contact to the iPhone knowing that the brand won't allow any kind of collab with any other device. So I started setting up the phone. First thing I did was to feed in my apple ID, credit card details and email. Then I just casually put on my bb cos its been off for so long. Barely 10 minutes after I put on that bb, I realized that all my email contact, phone numbers, the whole shibang was available on my iPhone. 10 mins. No Bluetooth on, no sim switch, no infra red, no nothing. I almost fainted, I spent hours thinking about it, I thought someone might have hacked into my devices; until I remembered it could be via my email which I also had registered on my bb.

2. I was looking for a particular business woman i met at a trip to calabar. She is into branding and her coy is very good. I had her on my phone but I couldn't remember her name and I have over 400 names on my phone. So I tried to ftch mail exchanges we had almost a year ago but google had cleaned them all out. So I did a search for branding in my email and managed to get her coy name. I located her number on my phone but she was not reachable on that line. At that time, the iPhone was prompting me that it wanted to sync my Facebook contacts with my phone contacts. I agreed and after about 10 mins, I don't know how it did it, it showed me the picture of the lady and her real name of Facebook. It had matched the number and her coy name from my phone to what it found on Facebook and synced everything, and provided me a link to her Facebook profile. I never had this lady in my Facebook account, I never knew her name, I called her by her coy name. Now all the numbers and mail contact on my phone have a face attached with links to Facebook profiles, whether I knew them or not. How cool is that?

I can't tell it all here man, the experience with iOS and the iPhone is simply kick asss. It's just doing everything man, the only thing left for it to do is to wipe me clean when I take a dump. Guy forget, android is till coming. But here we r talking about the big boys.
small thing
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2013
asala1:
You are the one who needs a doctor. Andriod is an open source OS which can be used by any mobile phone maker if they wish to. FYI andriod is andriod on whatever phone. Windows is window either on a HP or an acer laptop. The hard ware maybe different, can be more silk and more durable but the operating system is the same.

Not really, my friend. The hardware also goes a long way in affecting user experience. Take for instance a pc. Windows 7 running on a pentium 4 pc with 512 ram can never run as smooth and fast as that on a quad core i7 pc with 6gb ram. And yet, they are the same OS.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Toroze(m): 9:43am On Feb 04, 2013
Leadn:

Wrong!!! they dont and will never have same features! A single core processor phone compared to a phone(a beast) with Dual core or quad core processor?? is it comparable?! more like Comparing the updated jelly bean 4.2 on Android with Nokia Java pttt!

Please read the specs of what you want to buy before you decide and draw conclusions!!...
Dude if you say jb is better than ics which is better than gb thats another thing if u even say htc one x has better specs than the sgs3 understandable but underneath it all its all android simple
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Toroze(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

Not really, my friend. The hardware also goes a long way in affecting user experience. Take for instance a pc. Windows 7 running on a pentium 4 pc with 512 ram can never run as smooth and fast as that on a quad core i7 pc with 6gb ram. And yet, they are the same OS.
You 're say the same thing both of ya
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Toroze(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2013
runzlord: Blackberry has transformed totally!!! 199 high gaphics HD games re coming to Z10.
No BIS
BBM video call
Its a WOW!!!!
Okay may be u've been living under a rock but hellooo android has had that function for over 2yrs
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by stave9ja(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2013
CGKing:

IV actually used an android, not for long though. When u talk of user experience, u can't compare the iPhone or iOS to android. When u talk about user friendliness, the iphone is just over the top. From simple tasks to animation to thrill, the iOS has got it pretty much handled as though it understands the way we think and feel. For someone like me that easily gets bored, swiping the screen to move to the next screen page is not just enough, the feel of these movements, the handling scores high with me. That is how u know a strong brand. Swipe at the iOS screen and then android and compare.

As for functionality, I would just give u 2 of many remarkable experiences I got with the iPhone.

1. When I bought the iPhone, my bb was switched off. I was thinking of how I'd transfer my contact to the iPhone knowing that the brand won't allow any kind of collab with any other device. So I started setting up the phone. First thing I did was to feed in my apple ID, credit card details and email. Then I just casually put on my bb cos its been off for so long. Barely 10 minutes after I put on that bb, I realized that all my email contact, phone numbers, the whole shibang was available on my iPhone. 10 mins. No Bluetooth on, no sim switch, no infra red, no nothing. I almost fainted, I spent hours thinking about it, I thought someone might have hacked into my devices; until I remembered it could be via my email which I also had registered on my bb.

2. I was looking for a particular business woman i met at a trip to calabar. She is into branding and her coy is very good. I had her on my phone but I couldn't remember her name and I have over 400 names on my phone. So I tried to ftch mail exchanges we had almost a year ago but google had cleaned them all out. So I did a search for branding in my email and managed to get her coy name. I located her number on my phone but she was not reachable on that line. At that time, the iPhone was prompting me that it wanted to sync my Facebook contacts with my phone contacts. I agreed and after about 10 mins, I don't know how it did it, it showed me the picture of the lady and her real name of Facebook. It had matched the number and her coy name from my phone to what it found on Facebook and synced everything, and provided me a link to her Facebook profile. I never had this lady in my Facebook account, I never knew her name, I called her by her coy name. Now all the numbers and mail contact on my phone have a face attached with links to Facebook profiles, whether I knew them or not. How cool is that?

I can't tell it all here man, the experience with iOS and the iPhone is simply kick asss. It's just doing everything man, the only thing left for it to do is to wipe me clean when I take a dump. Guy forget, android is till coming. But here we r talking about the big boys.

Guy android has been doing this since 2010, you being suprised at that small things shows u r not technologically current. Every smart phone in d market does this and you enjoy it better with a droid
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2013
CGKing:

Dude, even my Nokia E5 does the above two you mentioned. ALL Sony android phones have facebook, twitter and linkedin integrated into their contacts out of the box with support for addins for other social networks like foursquare. Lets talk abt the things u can do in android u can't do with ur iphone.

1. Mobile hotspot out of the box
2. Bluetooth share
3. Adobe flash
4. No need 2 break the bank to get great apps.
5. Ability to tweak to your heart's desire.
6. OEM's even allow u 2 unlock bootloader to install custom roms. (Sony has a web page on their site that guides users thru the process of unlocking).
7. Over/underclocking of cpu.
8. Multi-windows (Samsung Note 1 and 2).
These are but a few I can think oat the moment. Will update the list whenI remember more.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Leadn(m): 10:23am On Feb 04, 2013
runzlord: shut up! B!10 is more expensive than GS3
https://www.nairaland.com/1176820/rims-upcoming-flagship-phone-blackberry

yu're a fool! who said it wasnt?? Ignoramus!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 04, 2013
Toroze: Okay may be u've been living under a rock but hellooo android has had that function for over 2yrs
I know, just saying BB has transformed
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 04, 2013
Leadn:

yu're a fool! who said it wasnt?? Ignoramus!
you're the fool! A blind one in fact! Read the post I quoted b4 talking
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by frevangel(m): 8:01am On Feb 07, 2013
ITbomb:
That is why you should go for Nokia / Window devices.
Your mobile and desktop work seamlessly

I will stick with my android it solves all my points. Nokia Lumia 920 is mean though, I had hands on with the device pre-launch. But I'm not just cool with Windows Phone.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 08, 2013
CGKing:

so after all these weye u suffer type, na just only one person come like'am, by d way almost all new phones do that contact synch shit, itz just unfortunate u just found out and was madly intrigued with a mere common device function. Okay go check out opera synch, itz stil a miracle
Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by Abbott(m): 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
Kaiii!
I shall not die but live to declare the works of my Daddy in the land of the living....
NLs una funny die. It was joy reading thru all the hilarious comments. :-D

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April by FilaSmith: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 The Best Rated Smart-Phone

Apple's iPhone 5 is the slowest smartphone on the market, according to tests by consumer watchdog Which?
Possibly the world's best-known mobile came seventh out of seven in a Geekbench 2 technical test of the UK's most popular phones.

The test measures processor and memory performance across smartphone platforms - if a phone has a high score, it will work well when photo-editing, playing games and using apps.
The results revealed Samsung's Galaxy S4 was almost twice as fast as Apple's star phone with Samsung's Note 2 also scoring higher in the Geekbench pecking order. Launch date April 2013.
HTC One,Sony Xperia Z, Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Blackberry Z10 smartphones also outranked the iPhone 5 for tasks such as games, pictures or apps. The Greekbench order accordingly after Samsung Galaxy S4.

More full detailed pictures of the rating as follows...
Read more ยป
http://dekodaworld..com/2013/06/samsung-galaxy-s4-best-rated-smart.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ZUS Review: This is the First Ever SMART Car Charger Made For Your Phone. / How To Hide Secret Images And Videos From Phone Gallery. / MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.