Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London (20438 Views)

Woman Dies After Acid Attack In Benue State (Photo) / 27-yr-old Lady Dies From Boyfriend’s Acid Attack / 20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
SHE DONT LOOK TOO BAD. SHE WILL HEAL. MUST HAVE BEEN WEAK ACID

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by coogar: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
a man could have worn the hijab.......
the british authorities are cowards - they have been told to ban hijabs but it seems they have no cojones to do it. france have done it - why can't britain. all forms of masks in public should be banned including hoodies, balaclavas, etc.

however, i am disappointed in the met. police!
the attack happened in dagenham, there must be hundreds of cctv around that area. they can trail her digital footprint if they want to. i have no doubt if the victim was white they would be putting more effort to catch the culprit!

2 Likes

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
obadiah777: SHE DONT LOOK TOO BAD. SHE WILL HEAL. MUST HAVE BEEN WEAK ACID
Did you say weak acid? Means there are more potent ones? shocked
Chineke me!
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by honeric01(m): 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
coogar: a man could have worn the hijab.......
the british authorities are cowards - they have been told to ban hijabs but it seems they have no cojones to do it. france have done it - why can't britain. all forms of masks in public should be banned including hoodies, balaclavas, etc.

however, i am disappointed in the met. police!
the attack happened in dagenham, there must be hundreds of cctv around that area. they can trail her digital footprint if they want to. i have no doubt if the victim was white they would be putting more effort to catch the culprit!
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by fkaz(m): 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
this is bad, most especially when you don't know who is behind the attack
soriooooooooo
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
Brand_new: Did you say weak acid? Means there are more potent ones? shocked
Chineke me!
OH YEAH THE ONES WHITE GUYS USE ON THEIR WIVES ARE MORE POTENT. IT DISSOLVES THE SKIN AND LIGAMENTS AND ALL THE FACIAL FEATURES STICK TOGETHER AND MELTS. THE ONE USED ON HER ONLY AFFECTED HER SKIN. ALL HER FACIAL FEATURES REMAIN INTACT WHICH IS GOOD NEWS FOR HER. WHEN SHE SHEDS AWAY THE BURNT SKIN SHE WILL LOOK THE SAME BEFORE THE ATTACK
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
DAMNN!!! AND SHE IS A NIGERIAN OH...EDO STATE PERSON**frm the names**
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by obamasbabe(f): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
In my opinion she knows the cause of the attack. Most of these young girls will not leave people's husbands alone not knowing it hurts and such affairs can destroy peoples' homes. Well I may do same cos I never dated any body's husband while single.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by vislabraye(m): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
I wonder what the women movement are doing about this. They're fighting against, "female circumcision, women drinking blood of their husband etc". But this covering of veil is bad.

We should be careful of culture and tradition
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by SamMilla1(m): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
too bad
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by coogar: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
vislabraye: I wonder what the women movement are doing about this. They're fighting against, "female circumcision, women drinking blood of their husband etc". But this covering of veil is bad.

We should be careful of culture and tradition

what can the women movement do about it? it's religion. i remember a young student who was told to stop wearing hijab to school. she refused until she was expelled. the women actually want to wear it based on their religion and there's nothing wrong with that - i just expect the authorities to have taken a hard stance on this ish. this is not the first time hijabs have been used to perpetrate crimes - something should be done!
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by logica(m): 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
Huh? No girls have yet come to defend the attacker by telling us her/his side of the story?
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
obama'sbabe:
In my opinion she knows the cause of the attack. Most of these young girls will not leave people's husbands alone not knowing it hurts and such affairs can destroy peoples' homes. Well I may do same cos I never dated any body's husband while single.
AND YET YOU CALL YOURSELF OBAMAS BABE. DO YOU KNOW HE IS A MARRIED MAN ? THE HYPOCRISY

2 Likes

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by logica(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
obama'sbabe:
Aha...I spoke too soon. I love this post.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by coogar: 1:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
obama'sbabe:

how could she have known the cause of the attack? you people and your nollywood mentality.........what if it was her ex boyfriend or someone she had a brazilian weave deal with that poured acid on her? it could even have been a random attack like the boy that punched a white chic the other day?
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by abbeyty(m): 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
it is a case of if i cant have her nobody will...may God help us, wickedness in highest order
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Omuha(m): 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
obama'sbabe:
Why do you fail to see that it is your husband dating someone else,not someone dating him.You write as though your husband is a bag of beans with no mind of his own.You honestly do no deserve to mix with humans.

2 Likes

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Asis(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
Oh this is bad,really bad,there is always going to be a problem with the wearing of hijab in public,its has to be banned,dealing with traditions or not,we have to give up certain things,habit,traditions as the case may be, for the greater good.So many traditions we once practiced are no longer practiced or are either outdated,isn't change the only constant thing?Though i still doubt that,but it seem people only get to make the right choices when it thus affect them,even if they try to improvise a way of committing other hideous crimes, we have at least dealt with one.all izz well..
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by okunoba(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
@ijebabe:, Tradition does not make everything right, was it not tradition to use human beings as sacrifice in most parts of Africa until the Europeans banned it, was it not the tradition in calabar to kill twins until our colonial masters stopped it. Please lets look at issues based on logic not because it`s our tradition, culture or religion. These things are meant to be dynamic not stagnant, change is part of growing up. We can`t keep on holding on to things just because our forefathers did it that way. Based on your reasoning maybe we should go back to the culture of enslaving our fellow black brothers since it was our tradition before Britain put a stop to it by force. We should be governed by reason not tradition from the dark ages.

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
obadiah777: OH YEAH THE ONES WHITE GUYS USE ON THEIR WIVES ARE MORE POTENT. IT DISSOLVES THE SKIN AND LIGAMENTS AND ALL THE FACIAL FEATURES STICK TOGETHER AND MELTS. THE ONE USED ON HER ONLY AFFECTED HER SKIN. ALL HER FACIAL FEATURES REMAIN INTACT WHICH IS GOOD NEWS FOR HER. WHEN SHE SHEDS AWAY THE BURNT SKIN SHE WILL LOOK THE SAME BEFORE THE ATTACK
Her tendons and ligaments only survived because her skin is tougher. Can't compare with whites nau. Shey na body be that one wey be like frozen chicken? grin
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by ijebabe: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
okunoba: @ijebabe:, Tradition does not make everything right, was it not tradition to use human beings as sacrifice in most parts of Africa until the Europeans banned it, was it not the tradition in calabar to kill twins until our colonial masters stopped it. Please lets look at issues based on logic not because it`s our tradition, culture or religion. These things are meant to be dynamic not stagnant, change is part of growing up. We can`t keep on holding on to things just because our forefathers did it that way. Based on your reasoning maybe we should go back to the culture of enslaving our fellow black brothers since it was our tradition before Britain put a stop to it by force. We should be governed by reason not tradition from the dark ages.
It is obvious you did not understand my post. Afam made reference to religious tradition, I was only saying that tradition still remains tradition. Christians will argue that God said a woman's role is to cook and not the man. When we know its just traditions brought into religion.

Banning the nijab based on these crimes is pointless and no one has the right to strip that away, secular society or not. That's my argument. I am not supporting crimes or wicked traditions.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by maygah(f): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
Wicked world.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Afam4eva(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
ijebabe:
It is obvious you did not understand my post. Afam made reference to religious tradition, I was only saying that tradition still remains tradition. Christians will argue that God said a woman's role is to cook and not the man. When we know its just traditions brought into religion.

Banning the nijab based on these crimes is pointless and no one has the right to strip that away, secular society or not. That's my argument. I am not supporting crimes or wicked traditions.
The bolded is permitted as long as it's done in the comfort of one's home. But anything that will affect other people need to be looked into. I'm not saying it's wrong to wear a hijab but for the sake of security and posterity, any kind of total face covering should be banned. We need to see the faces of people around us. if they want to keep covering their faces then they should stay indoors.
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by SisiKill1: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
logica: Aha...I spoke too soon. I love this post.

So so so sooooo disappointed you think that post made an iota of sense.

Used to think your username aptly described you...LOGICAL...then again maybe it does describe you seeing has it is incomplete.

1 Like

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by shadrach77: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
Osahon7: DAMNN!!! AND SHE IS A NIGERIAN OH...EDO STATE PERSON**frm the names**
oni is yoruba undecided undecided undecided
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by claremont(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
I can't believe people are blaming the wearing of a hijab for this attack. What difference would it have made if the attacker did not wear a hijab?! The young lady was attacked by a masked person, the fact that the person used a hijab to mask him/her self shouldn't be an issue of debate.

I'm an Atheist, but I believe a secular society like Britain should allow people to practise the basic tenets of their faith; and if wearing a hijab is an integral part of the faith of some people, then so be it.

7 Likes

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by Afam4eva(m): 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
claremont: I can't believe people are blaming the wearing of a hijab for this attack. What difference would it have made if the attacker did not wear a hijab?! The young lady was attacked by a masked person, the fact that the person used a hijab to mask him/her self shouldn't be an issue of debate.

I'm an Atheist, but I believe a secular society like Britain should allow people to practise the basic tenets of their faith; and if wearing a hijab is an integral part of the faith of some people, then so be it.
I hope you know the killing of twins is also part of the faith of some people, should it also be permitted?
Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by coogar: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
claremont: I can't believe people are blaming the wearing of a hijab for this attack. What difference would it have made if the attacker did not wear a hijab?! The young lady was attacked by a masked person, the fact that the person used a hijab to mask him/her self shouldn't be an issue of debate.

you are talking nonsense as usual.......
without the hijab, the victim would have gotten a description of the attacker. maybe the attacker is someone she knows - if the wearing of hijab is prohibited, this attack wouldn't have happened especially in a nanny state such as london!

2 Likes

Re: Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London by claremont(m): 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I hope you know the killing of twins is also part of the faith of some people, should it also be permitted?
Guy, listen to yourself. How can you compare the killing of another human being to the wearing of a hijab?! Think through your arguments before you write them.

France outlawed the hijab NOT because they felt it was an instrument of murder (which YOU claim it is), but because they believed it infringed on female rights.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thief Caught After Dismantling Motorcycle To Sell For His Mother's Burial. Photo / Bandits Kill A Man 10 Days After His Wedding In Sokoto / NDLEA Arrests Three Suspects With 134Kg Of Cocaine At MMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.