Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Les Fang-beti-pahouin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Les Fang-beti-pahouin (7085 Views)

Pour Les Francophones Africains / If You Can Speak French (les Haut-parleurs Français Laisse Le Rassemblement Ici) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 2:45am On Feb 03, 2013
my Ethnicity, let me present you my people .hope we will have fun
I'M A BETI cool

1 Like

Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 03, 2013
FIRST AND FIRST WE CAN SAY THAT BETI-PAHOUIN and THE FANG form one group tho none want to adopt the name of the other.
BUT we all agree on the term EKANG WE ARE EKANG or the CHILDREN OF AFRIKARA cool.
however i will divide the group to give a clearer explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by onila(f): 3:43am On Feb 03, 2013
smiley pls post hot beti men
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 4:09am On Feb 03, 2013
^ lmao shocked shocked
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by onila(f): 5:50am On Feb 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^ lmao shocked shocked
tongue
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 03, 2013
merci pr le sujet CAM smiley
i ll be back soon with questions
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 03, 2013
Wait wait let me present first wink I'm looking for stuff in English
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Wait wait let me present first wink I'm looking for stuff in English

kk wink
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
Sybellah and ivo drop your questions pyguru me fatigue ,je vais resumer les ways la apres
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
ahahah ma tete me fait trop mal actu j'arrive plus a penser grin
non mais la honte, ils ont ferme notre bouche
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
EKANG PEOPLE 10 - +15millions

THE BETI-PAHOUIN

EARLY POPULATION MOVEMENTS

The Beti-Pahuin's exact origins are unclear. At one point, they were thought to have migrated into the territory of present-day Cameroon from the Azande area of Sudan, but the current belief is that they originated in the forests south of the Sanaga River, not far from their current territory. At some point they crossed the Sanaga and moved north until they reached the upper Kadéï River. They soon came under attack there from the Vute or Mbum people, so they fled further north to the eastern Adamawa Plateau.

The Beti-Pahuin groups would not remain there long, however. Their migration coincided with the jihad and Fulbe conquests of Usman Dan Fodio and his lieutenant, Modibo Adama, in the early 19th century. Under pressure from Fulbe raiders, the Vute moved once more into Beti-Pahuin lands, and the Beti-Pahuin were forced to relocate once again. They moved south and west in a series of waves. The first group included the Bulu and Fang, who split somewhere near what is today the town of Ebolowa. The Bulu followed the Nyong River westward, while the Fang turned south and followed the Dja River valley into the southernmost territories of modern Cameroon and into the area of present-day Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. Then the Ntumu and Mvae (Fang subgroups) moved toward present-day Gabon. The Beti, including the Ewondo, moved south in the final wave and settled north of their Bulu and Fang relatives.

During this process, the migrants encountered other ethnic groups. The invaders were militarily superior, however, and (possibly aided by a reputation for cannibalism), they were able to absorb and "Pahuinise" most of the indigenous groups they encountered. Those peoples who refused or resisted assimilation had no choice but to flee. One such group was the Maka-Njem, who were living south of the Lom River but who fled south and east upon the Beti-Pahuin's arrival.

These migrations also coincided with the apex of European trade off the Cameroonian coast. The newly claimed jungle and near-coastal territories of the Beti-Pahuin allowed them to ensconce themselves into a lucrative role as middlemen; in exchange for European goods, they provided items such as kola nuts, ivory, and slaves. After the establishment of a British naval presence in 1827 to hinder the West African slave trade, Beti-Pahuin merchants widened their operations to include such products as palm kernels and rubber (though slaves continued to be sold secretly).
http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Beti-Pahuin_-_History/id/4849481

1 Like

Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 12:14am On Feb 04, 2013
EKANG PEOPLE 10 - +15millions
are u sure because i read on web that beti is 20% of the population of cameroun
and 80% of eq.Guinea and 37% of Gabon (both countries are less than 2 millions pop)
very interesting, i want know that if pahouin is: Bulu and Fangs?
and waht the fondamental différence between Bulu, Ewondo, Fangs, Eton etc...
and is cameroonian beti can understand gabon beti and equatorial guinea beti,
what the typical names of fang beti people (ex: typical akan name are kouamé, kouassi, kouadio, koffi, assamoah etc...,
and also tell me if these names are beti Zogo, Zibi, Ateba, Atebi, Zobo, Zoua, Azo( it's ivorian bhete and dida name),
and could you post the traditional attire of beti people please

3 Likes

Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 12:14am On Feb 04, 2013
@syb on di koi
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 04, 2013
^^Nice! very interesting
Today, i supposed Beti subgroups have developed their own identity with time
How languages differ among the Beti? By that i mean can Bulu and Fang for example understand each other to some extent?
And how the cultures grew differently? I have u been influenced by neighboring ethnic groups?
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 04, 2013
ivoqueen: @syb on di koi

on dit ri1 ma cherie, ch8 1 peu fache a cuz des types la , mais ca va passer lool
et toi ca va?
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 04, 2013
ivoqueen: EKANG PEOPLE 10 - +15millions
and 80% of eq.Guinea and 37% of Gabon (both countries are less than 2 millions pop)
very interesting, i know that if pahouin is Bulu and Fangss?
what the typical names of fang beti people (ex: typical akan name are kouamé, kouassi, kouadio, koffi, assamoah etc...,
and also tell me if these names are beti Zogo, Zibi, Ateba, Atebi, Zobo, Zoua, Azo( it's ivorian bhete and dida name),

ahah we asked somewhat the same question smiley

1 Like

Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 12:23am On Feb 04, 2013
Sybellah:

on dit ri1 ma cherie, ch8 1 peu fache a cuz des types la , mais ca va passer lool
et toi ca va?

mon chere c'est pas toi seul, moi je suis plus supporteur oooh
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 04, 2013
ivoqueen:
mon chere c'est pas toi seul, moi je suis plus supporteur oooh

ouais cette fois j'ai vraiment coupe igname , la gbai c plus bouche

Have u met a lot of Beti from Cam/Gabao/Eq.Guin, do u tjink their looks are somewhat close to the Bhete/Dida?
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 12:37am On Feb 04, 2013
Sybellah:

ouais cette fois j'ai vraiment coupe igname , la gbai c plus bouche

Have u met a lot of Beti from Cam/Gabao/Eq.Guin, do u tjink their looks are somewhat close to the Bhete/Dida?
no, i know some gabonese(fang and batéké) and he tell me that bhete dida come from fang people, and i don't know bhete people very well i have to ask that at @ivorian225
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 04, 2013
ivoqueen: no, i know some gabonese(fang and batéké) and he tell me that bhete dida come from fang people, and i don't know bhete people very well i have to ask that at @ivorian225

hayii!! u did not meet many Bhete before? did u leave civ very young or what?
i ll ask him smiley
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 12:51am On Feb 04, 2013
Sybellah:

hayii!! u did not meet many Bhete before? did u leave civ very young or what?
i ll ask him smiley
si si but i don't know there culture very well, i know that their differente gagnoa is dif of daloa etc... but i don't know their tradition very well, i'm in france since 12 years
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 04, 2013
ivoqueen: si si but i don't know there culture very well, i know that their differente gagnoa is dif of daloa etc... but i don't know their tradition very well, i'm in france since 12 years

aa ok i c...but i was talking in term of physical appearance, if they kinda look alike koi
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 12:57am On Feb 04, 2013
Sybellah:

aa ok i c...but i was talking in term of physical appearance, if they kinda look alike koi
huuum i would say yes for the fang of gabon but for cameroonian fang i don't know because i don't know them very well
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 04, 2013
ivoqueen: huuum i would say yes for the fang of gabon but for cameroonian fang i don't know because i don't know them very well

aah kk
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 04, 2013
Ekang= Beti+Fang+Bulu+pahouin et les census que tu regardes sont vieux (1997-2003) et faux(politique).
Pahouin se sont les peuples que nous avons assimiles(comme dans l(article que j'ai poste) ils ont des noms Beti , parlent ne langue et les intermarriage font qu'ils soient Beti.
Il n'ya pas de langue Beti proprement nous Parkinson l'Ati qui a pour different dialectes(l'Ewondo,l'Eton , le fang et le Bulu ) oui tous sont comprehensible par chacun mais le Bulu est plus voisin du fang car voisin et l'ewondo plus voisin de l'eton
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 1:16am On Feb 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Ekang= Beti+Fang+Bulu+pahouin et les census que tu regardes sont vieux (1997-2003) et faux(politique).
Pahouin se sont les peuples que nous avons assimiles(comme dans l(article que j'ai poste) ils ont des noms Beti , parlent ne langue et les intermarriage font qu'ils soient Beti.
Il n'ya pas de langue Beti proprement nous Parkinson l'Ati qui a pour different dialectes(l'Ewondo,l'Eton , le fang et le Bulu ) oui tous sont comprehensible par chacun mais le Bulu est plus voisin du fang car voisin et l'ewondo plus voisin de l'eton
ok cool, thanks
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 1:16am On Feb 04, 2013
comment est l'organisation sociale chez les ekang?
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 04, 2013
les noms Bhete que tu as poste sont typiques Beti shocked
Nous avons un sous groupe qui s'appelle gbete ou mbete mais
Je vais poster tout ca t'inquiete
Mais une chose a savoir c'est que nous ne sommes pas Bantu ds tt les cas.
Pour les noms Akan Il y'a des ressemblaces ds la prononciation kouame(Akan)=Akame ,akama akam(Beti) etc
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by ivoqueen: 1:23am On Feb 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: les noms Bhete que tu as poste sont typiques Beti shocked
Nous avons un sous groupe qui s'appelle gbete ou mbete mais
Je vais poster tout ca t'inquiete
Mais une chose a savoir c'est que nous ne sommes pas Bantu ds tt les cas.
Pour les noms Akan Il y'a des ressemblaces ds la prononciation kouame(Akan)=Akame ,akama akam(Beti) etc
ah ok pour les noms c'est ce qu'un gabonais m'a dit aussi, j'en ai parlé a un bété et ma confirmé que c'est typique de chez eux aussi,
ok coool j'attend les infos seulement
ça m'interesse parce que vous et les bété la c'est pas claire hein peut etre vous etes un mm peuple,
je pensait pourtant que tout les gens de l'afrique centrale était bantou, merci j'apprend bocoup

1 Like

Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 04, 2013
Sybellah: ^^Nice! very interesting
Today, i supposed Beti subgroups have developed their own identity with time
How languages differ among the Beti? By that i mean can Bulu and Fang for example understand each other to some extent?
And how the cultures grew differently? I have u been influenced by neighboring ethnic groups?
the Beti culture is very welcoming but strong which means we all practice the same rituals only the names are different.
Language is slightly different of course I know when an Eton is talking or a Bulu but you as an outsider can't make the difference
Re: Les Fang-beti-pahouin by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 04, 2013
ivoqueen:
ah ok pour les noms c'est ce qu'un gabonais m'a dit aussi, j'en ai parlé a un bété et ma confirmé que c'est typique de chez eux aussi,
ok coool j'attend les infos seulement
ça m'interesse parce que vous et les bété la c'est pas hein peut etre vous etes un mm peuple,
je pensait pourtant que tout les gens de l'afrique centrale était bantou, merci j'apprend bocoup
ca ne me gene pas d'etre appele Bantu lol mais naa nous on vivait dans l'actuel Nord Cameroun jusqua en 1790 eihn les migrations Bantu avaient deja eu lieu. L'histoire veut que nous soyons originaire de l'actuel Soudan ou Egypte.(a prouver) mais notre presence ds le nord Cameroun est etablie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Own Egusi And Pounded Yam / Some Yoruba Grammars That Is Hard To Translate into English meaning / The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.