Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? (751 Views)

Alternative To DSTV For Watching EPL Matches / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast / Nigeria Vs Tunisia Are You Watching The Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by YOHANAN(m): 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2008
I was just watching the ManUtd - Fulham game again on HiTV tonight with some guys and someone asked why fans of such consistently mediocre clubs like Fulham, Derby, etc. pay good money to watch their club play against heavyweights like ManUtd, Arsenal, Chelsea, (and even) Liverpool when the result is virtually guaranteed to be against them (whether home or away).

Is it because they are blindly loyal? angry
Or they don`t get tired of being beaten black and blue week in week out?
Or is it just to catch a glimpse of their more illustrious opponents? tongue

Please let me have your views
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by tosinadeda: 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2008
They hapnd 2 b born\live where those clubs are!
Simple
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by Olumide7(m): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2008
If Nigeria happened to be a country that always gets beaten in football and are actually one of the worst teams in world football, would you cease to support Nigeria in football?
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by tommyex(m): 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2008
Tosin answered it

But trully do u fink the underdog team accepts defeat?they always feel they have a chance even Derby
+ they want to watch good football at times
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2008
A fan would always be a fan; not someone who would jump ship when his club is not doing well.
Nigerians are fond of this.
I wonder where all the Chelsea fan of now were before and where all the Real Madrid fans during my college days went to?

Its possible for some people to support 5 teams in the course of a decade depending on the fortunes of the team in question.
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2008
As for me I support Bayern Munich sickness in health for better for worse In Champions league in Uefa cup.

T
Lots of people would ask why you dont support an EPL team or Barca or Madrid. but I have been glued to Bayern(Days of football made in Germany) for 16 years and counting
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by akinalabi(m): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
dayokanu:

A fan would always be a fan; not someone who would jump ship when his club is not doing well.
Nigerians are fond of this.
I wonder where all the Chelsea fan of now were before and where all the Real Madrid fans during my college days went to?

Its possible for some people to support 5 teams in the course of a decade depending on the fortunes of the team in question.

Good talk. Especially those real fans. They were quite many a
few years back.

And Chelsea? I knew only one Chelsea fan 10 years ago.
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2008
@ Akin,
Those are the type chacal tag plastic fans do you notice the gradual thinning of Chelsea fan base in the last 4 -5 months?
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by akinalabi(m): 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2008
Yes its thinning rapidly. I've heard many of them say
they no longer support Chelsea because they don't
like Avram Grant.
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Mar 10, 2008
Read my post about chacal. I was trying to use his language . Those are the types chacal tag Plastic fans
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by hustler(m): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2008
If they are still supporting their teams it's cuz they are true fans of these teams not the bunch of hypocrites we have everywhere in this country.

When Blackburn was dominating the Premiership i used to have some of their fans around me now they have moved on to Chelsea or ASS-ANAL.

It's a known fact that most of the Chelsea fans today joined post Abramovich era
Re: Why Do These Fans Keep Watching? by akinalabi(m): 11:55pm On Mar 10, 2008
Defecting from one team to another is a ridiculous thing
to do.

I support two teams in my life. Shooting Stars and Man
Utd.

I remember when Sooting were relegated in 1986
and I was downcast. (Was very young then though)

My brother put his arms round me saying even if we were
relegated to Division 40, we would support Shooting Stars
for life.

Same for Man Utd.

I've got a cousin that supports Fulham and he's proud of
it. My brother supports MK Dons and one of my best friends
supports West Ham.

To my friend, no team plays, sings, supports as well as
west ham. To him upton park is the heaven of football.

That is how it should be.

(1) (Reply)

(video) Man Utd Vs Portsmouth - In Nigeria / Nigeria Will Not Use 'alien' Vuvuzelas / Fact About The Fifa World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.