Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! (3194 Views)

Okar Coup Anniversary: IBB Disappeared with Charm! / "Buhari Is Shy Around The Opposite Sex" - Gideon Samani / Inec's Grace Okar Is Disenfranchising Over 1000 Registered Votters In SURULERE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
The alleged plot of Ihejirika to Igbonise the Nigerian army is making waves. And I happen to co,me across a facebook page started by a Northern blogger on the issue.
I was going through comments of many Nigerians hoping to find some balance, but what did I see? The same ethnic war-fares that have bedeviled Nigeria from 1914.

I took my time to go through most of the comments but one of them really caught my attention and I decided to bring it to Nairaland.

Srj Afaka
The Okah coup attempt and their gross plan to cut off north from Nigeria is more than enough for us to be cautious of the blood thirty Igbos as they practically demonstrated by killing our political and military leaders during bloody Igbo coup attempt of 1960..

This the link to the page.

http://www.facebook.com/A.U.Tilde (the comments are long, please take your time and go through. it is mind blowing)

Now, i am yet to really understand the mindset of this people, it seems any person that is not core North and is not core West is Igbo.

To my Igbo brothers: beware of the ghost of 1966.
To my non Igbo brothers: please be informed that you are all "junked" with Igbos.
To my Northern brothers: please, we do not want another war! Please, let Nigeria split in peace.

5 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
Don't worry, by 1915 Nigeria will be history. This One Nigeria project is not working.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Jeel: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mmmm i'm surprise
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by drnoel: 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
confusion247: Don't worry, by 1915 Nigeria will be history. This One Nigeria project is not working.
Nigeria is not splitting anything..
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
drnoel:
Nigeria is not splitting anything..
The earlier you get prepared for it the better for you.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by ebucha: 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2013
Major Gideon Gwaza Orkar is from Benue State. A humble and very brave people that stopped Uthman Dan Fodio from Islamitizing the whole Nigeria. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by redsun(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
The fact is that if a country like nigerria organizes a military coup now,it will be totally grounded by the international and another scenero like mali will spontanously emerge.

The world is civilized for tribal military coup now.But still very wide open for constructive and rational revolutions by rational minds.It is the era of reasons and of the people like minds.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Ddaji(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
@op,we all agree that this fake queen marriage is not working.Equally all the segment and component of this fake marriage are complaining. The question is who will make the first move for the peaceful divorce.pls.don't use biafra war as reference for the desire of igbo to split out nigeria.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ddaji: @op,we all agree that this fake queen marriage is not working.Equally all the segment and component of this fake marriage are complaining. The question is who will make the first move for the peaceful divorce.pls.don't use biafra war as reference for the desire of igbo to split out nigeria.
This is not issue of Biafra or IGBOS, even northerners is aware of the amalgamation clause and they are griped with the fear of south south invoking that clause at UN come 2015. As for the IGBOS, Is a dream come true. Based on what i have seen so far, south south will be the first to make the first move.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Ddaji(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
@Confusion247,if that clause exist then the job is simple.The 2015 is around the corner,let the south south table the issue then we shall see,the region that will oppose them.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by miiraaj: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
ebucha: Major Gideon Gwaza Orkar is from Benue State. A humble and very brave people that stopped Uthman Dan Fodio from Islamitizing the whole Nigeria. So when ever you are giving thanks to God for being a christian, always remember to be grateful to the brave people of Benue State. Thanks

Is there any sense in this post?
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
confusion247:
This is not issue of Biafra or IGBOS, even northerners is aware of the amalgamation clause and they are griped with the fear of south south invoking that clause at UN come 2015. As for the IGBOS, Is a dream come true. Based on what i have seen so far, south south will be the first to make the first move.
Goodluck is a sure bet....
are you ready to royaaallll rrrruuuuummmmbbbbbbllllleeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ddaji: @Confusion247,if that clause exist then the job is simple.The 2015 is around the corner,let the south south table the issue then we shall see,the region that will oppose them.
The clause really exist. It is not whining. Northerners are fully aware of it.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by miiraaj: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
confusion247: Don't worry, by 1915 Nigeria will be history. This One Nigeria project is not working.

Some people think splitting the country is as easy as typing on your keyboard. Whether we split or not,the task ahead of everyone of us is to clear corruption out of our system. Ethnicity and Religion are the basic weapons our leaders use on us in order to achieve their selfish desire. Check out most cases of corruption,you will see those involved are from different part of the country but they put sentiment aside and loot whatever is available to them.

You guys should all go and start calling your ward councillors to order instead of shouting online about invoking the amalgamation clause. Stop spewing trash and do what's possible instead of living in Fantasy Island.

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
miiraaj:

Yes is the answer.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Noiseless2: 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
The sense there my dear is that the great people of Benue state where Gideon Okar was from, were actually one of the people who gave your muslim jihadists led by otman danfoodio their hardest day at trying to force everyone into islam.
miiraaj:

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by AngweHemen(m): 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gideon Okar was a Tiv man
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by PointB: 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
If our Northern brother regards another Northerner as Igbo man, I wonder then how the view other groups from the SS.

Na wa o.

A little spark is what is needed in the combustive mix. Every non-core Northerner anywhere near the North should consider taking safety measure to protect, and defend himself.

We are approaching,'There was a country' phase 2. Only that Nigeria will be that country, in this second phase.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by AngweHemen(m): 8:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
Gideon is ought to be remembered. He was a brave a soldier.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by drnoel: 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
confusion247:
The earlier you get prepared for it the better for you.
Ma guy, the country is splitting nothing. There is nothing to get prepared about. Come 2015 u will see for urself.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
miiraaj:

Some people think splitting the country is as easy as typing on your keyboard. Whether we split or not,the task ahead of everyone of us is to clear corruption out of our system. Ethnicity and Religion are the basic weapons our leaders use on us in order to achieve their selfish desire. Check out most cases of corruption,you will see those involved are from different part of the country but they put sentiment aside and loot whatever is available to them.

You guys should all go and start calling your ward councillors to order instead of shouting online about invoking the amalgamation clause. Stop spewing trash and do what's possible instead of living in Fantasy Island.
I can see how scared you are on hearing this. Be informed that religion and ethnicity is the reason why we can't win the war against corruption. It is so easy for yorubas to fight corruption among yorubas like wise the igbos. If you arrest an igbo man today of corruption, igbos will shout is he the only one, if you arrest an hausa man today of corruption it will be labeled ethnic fight and hatred. The councilor in my area will be set free by an hausa judge if we confront him of corruption. To split Nigeria is as easy as abcd because we were joined without war and without war we all will go our separate ways. The looting was possible because those involved knew that their kinsmen and tribe will come to their rescue. Disintegration is the answer. Don't be scared about it.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
Anybody that says okar is an igboman must be a fool from the land of the dead
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2013
drnoel:
Ma guy, the country is splitting nothing. There is nothing to get prepared about. Come 2015 u will see for urself.

Laughing in india. Don't be scared. Too bad that you've not heard about the amalgamation clause and what it stands for. Guy just get prepared to face reality because the so called one Nigeria is not working and can never work.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Dibiachukwu: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
miiraaj:

If Benue state people stopped Usman dan gay from bringing his blood thirsty religion of piss (war) down to Igboland, then all Nigerians and descendants of usman the gay should be grateful to them. If not for them, no descendant of usman dan gay would be around today to tell the story. And there would be no sokoto caliphate. Igbos hate wars, but we castrate war mongers. All of them.

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2013
I hope I was not misunderstood?

I know that Okar is from Benue State, I am only concerned that a core Northerner would call him Igbo.
Perhaps even the Beron people are also Igbos.
Emm, Gowon, Kedu kwa nu?

2 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by aurenflani: 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
noblezone: The alleged plot of Ihejirika to Igbonise the Nigerian army is making waves. And I happen to co,me across a facebook page started by a Northern blogger on the issue.
I was going through comments of many Nigerians hoping to find some balance, but what did I see? The same ethnic war-fares that have bedeviled Nigeria from 1914.

I took my time to go through most of the comments but one of them really caught my attention and I decided to bring it to Nairaland.

This the link to the page.

http://www.facebook.com/A.U.Tilde (the comments are long, please take your time and go through. it is mind blowing)

Now, i am yet to really understand the mindset of this people, it seems any person that is not core North and is not core West is Igbo.

To my Igbo brothers: beware of the ghost of 1966.
To my non Igbo brothers: please be informed that you are all "junked" with Igbos.
To my Northern brothers: please, we do not want another war! Please, let Nigeria split in peace.

Do not be jittery. You read a piece by an ill informed man. Do not be afraid.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by aurenflani: 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
If Benue state people stopped Usman dan gay from bringing his blood thirsty religion of piss (war) down to Igboland, then all Nigerians and descendants of usman the gay should be grateful to them. If not for them, no descendant of usman dan gay would be around today to tell the story. And there would be no sokoto caliphate. Igbos hate wars, but we castrate war mongers. All of them.

Are you prepared to accept and acknowledged this claim by you against the Shehu when asked by your Creator on the day of judgment? Why should unfounded hatred caused someone to be this bad?
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 03, 2013
aurenflani:

Do not be jittery. You read a piece by an ill informed man. Do not be afraid.
I am jittery, but not because of the ignorant man's piece but the fact that the slaughter of my kinsmen is still a viable occupation in the North.

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by aurenflani: 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
Angwe Hemen: Gideon is ought to be remembered. He was a brave a soldier.

But even braver are the Loyal soldiers who broke his childish misadventure in the back, ostracized his southern financiers, waste him andhis minions and forgave some of his moneybag sponsors for their usefulness as per tax considerations to one, indivisible Nigeria. The pride of the black race and nightmare of secessionists.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by confusion247(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
aurenflani:

But even braver are the Loyal soldiers who broke his childish misadventure in the back, ostracized his southern financiers, waste him andhis minions and forgave some of his moneybag sponsors for their usefulness as per tax considerations to one, indivisible Nigeria. The pride of the black race and nightmare of secessionists.
There is nothing like Indivisible Nigeria. It only exists in the minds of lazy fools who is so scared of standing on their feet. Boko haram and fulani herdsmen is also the pride of the black race. Thanks to amalgamation clause, it will soon be over. Every man to his tent. Once again peace will reign to all tribes that wants peace. Those tribes that breed suicide bombers and still shout one Nigeria will enjoy their product to the fullest. UN here we come.
Re: I Never Knew Gideon Okar Was An Igbo Man! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
People are confusing the sarcastic meaning of the title...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Will Tell Channels TV??? / Femi Aribisala: Is Goodluck Jonathan Really Clueless? / Support Me Or I Come After You Says Jonathan...martin Elechi's Son Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.