Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,077 members, 7,835,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Who Will Tell Channels TV??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Tell Channels TV??? (3200 Views)

This Photo Of Soldiers Training Will Tell You Why Soldiers Are Mean / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / Buhari's Colored Original Result And Old School Pics: Channels Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2013
I watched with dismay and disgust, how the Channels TV duo of Kayode and Alaero (Presenters of the Saturday tv programme Sunrise), embarrassed themselves while discussing rail transport in Nigeria on the programme yesterday.

First, Kayode tried to ridicule the flag off of laying of tracks on the Abuja-Kaduna fast railway project (they probably read the report on NL). Then Alaero picked up from there and went on and on about how she travelled on air-conditioned trains to Jos some decades ago, how all that has become history and how it will be difficult to convince her kids that once upon a time, air-conditioned trains were a mode of transportation in Nigeria.

I wonder why presenters of such popular tv programmes and indeed many journalists in Nigeria cannot do simple research before going on air to embarrass themselves and the country.

Who will now tell Kayode, Alaero and Channels TV that trains with air-conditioned couches (first class) are back on track? Who will tell Channels TV that trains with air-conditioned couches have been plying the Lagos-Kano railway since December 2012? Who will tell Channels TV that the issue of air-conditioned trains being back is a FACT and not a myth? Who will tell Kayode and Alaero that as we speak today, their kids can travel from Lagos to Kano and vice-versa on first class air-conditioned couches? Who will tell Kayode and Alaero that the report on the Abuja-Kaduna fast railway being built is a FACT and not a myth? Who will tell the Channels TV duo of Alaero and Kayode to STOP mis-informing Nigerians, particularly those in diaspora?

Yes the trains along the narrow guage line are slow, congested and services are still poor. Yes, there is still so much room for improvement BUT we should not tell SATANIC lies just to score cheap political points.

The duo of Kayode and Alaero have shown on numerous occasions that they'r pro-ACN. They should learn a lesson or two from the presenters of Sunrise Daily (Chamberlane, Maope and Sullia) who are mostly non-partisan.

Evidence of air-conditioned trains in Nigeria:
https://www.nairaland.com/1226729/train-ride-lagos-kano-live
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/124876-premium-times-train-trip-lagos-kano-live-blog.html
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-03-27/world/38060502_1_high-speed-rail-railway-network-train
https://www.nairaland.com/1335980/premium-times-train-trip-kano
http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=144891.0
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2013/apr/05/reborn-nigeria-train-trip-tells-nations-history/

9 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 07, 2013
Your lack of shame deh make me wan vomit.

.....Meanwhile,do you still have that your gonoria mixture? Abeg I need three sachet.
PEACE!
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by kkkp: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2013
Tell ur oga at d top dat dis is 21st century..we dnt nid those type of train..dey are outdated..those type of trains wr used during mungo park era and slave trade

7 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Alxmyr(m): 8:46am On Jul 07, 2013
kkkp: Tell ur oga at d top dat dis is 21st century..we dnt nid those type of train..dey are outdated..those type of trains wr used during mungo park era and slave trade

At least some people are using it. Wait till light rail comes, Amaechi is building one already.
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by splashbaby(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2013
Wasted efforts to "brain wash" us! Is this how they run train services in other countries where terminals are occupied by goats and cattles grazing on the over grown grass instead of people...where schedule of routes are for showmanship and commissioning purpose...please can you display a schedule of your airconditioned-train to the North?

6 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Enegod(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2013
kkkp: Tell ur oga at d top dat dis is 21st century..we dnt nid those type of train..dey are outdated..those type of trains wr used during mungo park era and slave trade
Speak for yourself man. You have no right to speak for others. Haven't you heard that CONGESTION is now a problem for the Nigeria railways? Who is causing the CONGESTION if not multitude of people patronising the Nigeria railways? Can you give us any example of a public service (whether state or federal owned) that is being run efficiently? Even the Lagos BRT is now becoming another molue. I was the first to admit the poor services at the railways but we shouldn't tell LIES.

The plan of the govt is to first return the railways and then concession them to the private sector for better and more efficient services. It is a 25yr railway modernization plan that makes sense. If you have better plans, pls share with us rather than exhibit delusion of granduer

12 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by takedat(m): 9:20am On Jul 07, 2013
Do not blame them if they are unaware. The best way to convince Nigerians is for them to see President Jonathan and his ministers travel 32hours, from Lagos to Kano, and another 32 hours back to Lagos in one of those air-conditioned coaches.

You do not expect everyone to fall for it, when government officials avoid it. Has Maku and his team ever gone on a train trip(Lagos-Kano) as part of the good governance tour to showcase it as an achievement of this administration? In Nigeria, government will claim they've built world-class facilities(hospitals, schools etc), yet top government officials and their wards don't patronize them.

21 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by moderatorr: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2013
lol
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by JackBaueress(f): 9:33am On Jul 07, 2013
....even sincere 9gerian hasn't travelled with the so call train before. Please try and travel with it and share the experience with us and stop disturbing us with your silly threads about trains bla bla bla bullshit! it's getting really irritating!

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2013
take dat: Do not blame them if they are unaware. The best way to convince Nigerians is for them to see President Jonathan and his ministers travel 32hour, Lagos to Kano, and another 32 hour back to Lagos in those air-conditioned coaches/trains.

You do not expect everyone to fall for it, when government officials avoid it. Has Maku and his team ever gone on a train trip(Lagos-Kano) as part of the good governance tour to showcase as an achievement of this government? In Nigeria, government will claim they've built world-class facilities(hospitals, schools etc), yet top government officials and their wards don't patronize them.
There are now 3 options for those willing to travel from Lagos to Kano: air, road or RAIL. Air transport is out of the reach of most Nigerians so the COMPETITION really is between road and rail transport. Now lets compare road and rail transport:

A bus journey from Lagos to Kano costs roughly N5,000. And it lasts about 25 – 28 hours.

While if the same journey is done by train, it costs N1,900 (second class) and it lasts 33hours.

Now lets bring in the safety factor. Obviously, it is far far safer to travel by rail than by road.

So, if you were to choose between rail and road, which would you choose? I would go for rail any day, any time. The choice is yours.

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2013
Jack Baueress: ....even sincere 9gerian hasn't travelled with the so call train before. Please try and travel with it and share the experience with us and stop disturbing us with your silly threads about trains bla bla bla bullshit! it's getting really irritating!
You'r not under any obligation to open this thread. There are threads on Tonto Dike that you may wish to open and spend your whole day on

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by JackBaueress(f): 9:55am On Jul 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'r not under any obligation to open this thread. There are threads on Tonto Dike that you may wish to open and spend your whole day on
This i touch a nerve ifeanyi? mu che che che che! cheesy
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by lakpalakpa: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2013
Who will Tell Goodluck Jonathan that he is a FAILURE??

Who will tell him that he is utterly corrupt and shameless??

Who will tell him that he's a shamelessly recalcitrant LIAR??

Who will tell him that he's been a disgrace to PhD holders??

Dr. Ifeanyi will you help us tell him??

Meanwhile my Landlord's daughter missed her "monthly", pls can you help a brother out??

5 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by awodman: 10:15am On Jul 07, 2013
take dat: Do not blame them if they are unaware. The best way to convince Nigerians is for them to see President Jonathan and his ministers travel 32hour, from Lagos to Kano, and another 32 hours back to Lagos in one of those air-conditioned coaches.

You do not expect everyone to fall for it, when government officials avoid it. Has Maku and his team ever gone on a train trip(Lagos-Kano) as part of the good governance tour to showcase as an achievement of this government? In Nigeria, government will claim they've built world-class facilities(hospitals, schools etc), yet top government officials and their wards don't patronize them.

One quick correction..Maku and the good governance team rode on the train from illorin-offa...

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/residents-laud-fg-over-resumption-of-railway-services-in-kwara/126792/

so get ur facts right...

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Omexonomy: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There are now 3 options for those willing to travel from Lagos to Kano: air, road or RAIL. Air transport is out of the reach of most Nigerians so the COMPETITION really is between road and rail transport. Now lets compare road and rail transport:

A bus journey from Lagos to Kano costs roughly N5,000. And it lasts about 25 – 28 hours.

While if the same journey is done by train, it costs N1,900 (second class) and it lasts 33hours.

Now lets bring in the safety factor. Obviously, it is far far safer to travel by rail than by road.

So, if you were to choose between rail and road, which would you choose? I would go for rail any day, any time. The choice is yours.
continue to drum it into their head until they become reasonable and understand what a train is.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Omexonomy: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2013
awodman:

One quick correction..Maku and the good governance team rode on the train from illorin-offa...

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/residents-laud-fg-over-resumption-of-railway-services-in-kwara/126792/

so get ur facts right...
you try for answering them. they dont wont to see any thing good about nigeria
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 07, 2013
lakpa lakpa: Who will Tell Goodluck Jonathan that he is a FAILURE??

Who will tell him that he is utterly corrupt and shameless??

Who will tell him that he's a shamelessly recalcitrant LIAR??

Who will tell him that he's been a disgrace to PhD holders??

Dr. Ifeanyi will you help us tell him??

Meanwhile my Landlord's daughter missed her "monthly", pls can you help a brother out??

yekpaa!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
''my brother'' na quick marriage be the thing to do ooooo
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by takedat(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2013
awodman:

so get ur facts right...
So much in a hurry to defend "Your Master". Is Lagos to Kano the same as Ilorin-Offa? Even by road, Ilorin to Offa is a journey of less than 1hr!

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Omexonomy: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2013
take dat: So much in a hurry to defend "Your Master". Is Lagos to Kano the same as Ilorin-Offa? Even by road, Ilorin to Offa is a journey of less than 1hr!
why did it take you so long to respond. I hope ur fellow E-minions are not by ur side given E-advice as usual
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by AZeD1(m): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2013
Insincere Nigerian that your have low standards and are happy with mediocrity doesn't mean others should.
Every where in the world, trains are faster than cars but in Nigeria the reverse is the case and you expect us to rejoice?

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by dridowu: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2013
@op, if i were u as supporter of gej, i will take @least 2minute video of the rail system (1st class) and post it on youtube to convince us inorder to embarass d tv crew , but without doing so u are on a long thiiiiiiiiiiiiing
i saw d link u posted but with sincerity i dnt blve anytin in d link. With ds i blve d tv crew are still on track .
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by JackBaueress(f): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2013
awodman:

so get ur facts right...
Ilorin to Offa, i can even trek it sef! nonsense!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by awodman: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2013
take dat: So much in a hurry to defend "Your Master". Is Lagos to Kano the same as Ilorin-Offa? Even by road, Ilorin to Offa is a journey of less than 1hr!
Your point was that govt officials have made no effort to use any of these trains..and you mentioned Good Governance tour team as a reference..so am just showing you specificaly what the GGT team has done..remember GGT is state specific and Illorin-Offa is basically in same state..When the GGT team gets to lagos and doesn't make effort to use the train then you can go amok..

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Brimmie(m): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2013
LWKMD @comments grin grin grin

Dr Ifeanyi Is A Joker Aswear!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by finebadtboy(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2013
I will tell them grin
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Brimmie(m): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2013
[size=20]They rubbish SaharaReporters.com news, yet they never stop reading their articles even cull from them.

They call Channels TV Presenters pro-APC, yet they sit back and watch their stunning programmes to know what's going on in Nigeria.

By the time NairaLand is taken over by progressives, y'all will surely call Seun and His Mods Pro-APC!!
[/size]

=========================
Last Bullet: Dr. Ifeanyi, pls travel by train, record 2mins of your trip inside the train and post it on here. Who knows? I might stop watching Sunrise Daily.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by takedat(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2013
awodman:
Your point was that govt officials have made no effort to use any of these trains..and you mentioned Good Governance tour team as a reference..so am just showing you specificaly what the GGT team has done..remember GGT is state specific and Illorin-Offa is basically in same state..When the GGT team gets to lagos and doesn't make effort to use the train then you can go amok..

I specifically mentioned Lagos to Kano train trip so don't try to spin it the other way round.

"Has Maku and his team ever gone on a train trip(Lagos-Kano) as part of the good governance tour?"

So when is the NGGT coming to Lagos, or are they still cash-strapped, waiting for sponsors? Lol!
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by otokx(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2013
The last pictures i saw of the trains from lagos to kano, the inside reminded me of the 90s molue in lagos, 49 sitting and 99 standing.

Sincere 9gerian please tell us how comfortable the lagos - kano trains are. Is there a different charge for the air conditioned coaches? What about toilet facilities?

Some pictures too will be appreciated.
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2013
finebadtboy: I will tell them grin
Pls, do. Thank you in advance. Who else will tell Channels TV?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anyim, Otti, Call For Cancellation Of Polls In Abia State / Ex-minister Had Approached Me With An Offer To Return $250 Million- El Rufai / If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.