Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity (17884 Views)

Herdsmen Kill father And Son In Benue State (GRAPHIC PHOTOS) / Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud / Robbers Kill Father Of Two, Rape Three Ladies (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by ElCaballa(m): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
They wanted to do yahoo+ on their father but maga no gree pay.R.I.P guys in advance.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by dasparrow: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
@Post

Its a sad story but this should also serve as a lesson to Nigerian bred men who obsess so much about having male children/offspring so much so that they wreck their marriages, leave the wife of their youth and commit adultery by shacking up with another woman all because they are looking for the proverbial fleece - which in this case would be a male child/ren. Now look how this professor's 'precious' male children have brutally murdered him.

When I keep trying to tell the average Nigerian that not all children are blessings, they begin to shout like crazy monkeys while arguing that all children are a blessing from God. Now tell me, have these two sons ended up being a blessing to their father? Imagine working so hard just to be stabbed to death in your old age by a set of human beings that you helped bring into the world.

The bible is/was right. In the last days, parents will be against children and children against their parents. Those innocent baby boys and girls born today can grow up tomorrow and rob you of much needed peace of mind and joy and probably your life!

1 Like

Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by fluttershy23: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
wat is d world turning into no human simparty again imagin kill their ouw fada because of N40m thy shuld be kill 2 tongue[color=#000099][/color] shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
LAND FOR SALE IN KUJE ABUJA
20 Ha.@ kuchiyako buildable with C-of-O

10 Ha.@kuchiyako Ext. with R-of-O

100 Ha.@kuchiyako Ext. with R-of-O

2500sqm @AA1, residential with C-of-O

2000sqm @AA1, residential with C-of-O

1000sqm @AA2, residential with C-of-O

1000sqm @ barawa, residential with R-of-O

1000sqm @ kuchiyako iv, with datas

And so much more,,,,,,,,,,prices are negotiable.
contacts; Engr. Lucious
phone;08063951617/08093472656
E-mail; johnspenser24@yahoo.com
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Olalekan0(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
How can 40M be paid to a retired lecturer? Did he retire from shell? May be the reporter meant 14M

2 Likes

Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by brownlord: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
ypzilanti: I knew the man. Last time I saw him was when I needed a job reference 5 years ago. My office sent the reference request to my former school, and the darn thing was lying unanswered in UNICAL economics department HOD office for over 6 months.

Had to travel there, and saw the Professor...he remembered me after the 8 odd years since I had graduated. Anyway, he helped me discover the problem at the HOD office(nothing...Nigerian factor). He was willing to write a good recommendation letter for me.

Long story short: He was really helpful. He wrote me a nice recommendation letter, which I paid for to be DHLed to my workplace (I asked for the courier service).

What a shock. I was even planning to see him for another reference request this January, and was wondering if he would still remember me.

RIP, Sir. Na wah.

U fit still go see am for mortuary before them bury am now, make e quick reference u
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by snthesis(m): 4:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Its a sad story but this should also serve as a lesson to Nigerian bred men who obsess so much about having male children/offspring so much so that they wreck their marriages, leave the wife of their youth and commit adultery by shacking up with another woman all because they are looking for the proverbial fleece - which in this case would be a male child/ren. Now look how this professor's 'precious' male children have brutally murdered him.

!
wetin kwonsain male children 4 dis tori

go lament elsewhere tongue
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Symphony007: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
At last, their father who gave them life and ensured they grew into men is dead, they are wanted by the police and no one will enjoy the 40 million..so what was the use?
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nonsense!

Nigerians are fond of blaming West for their failures. The people are pathetic!
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by dalhatumodibbo: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Frazy: Double post.
this people must be idiot! They should not go unpurnish.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
I dey laugh.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by ignis: 6:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Another sign of the end time.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by anataala: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
smartmom: The Cross River State Police Command has arrested a man, identified as Ekemini Bassey for allegedly killing his father, a retired University of Calabar lecturer, Prof. Nathaniel Bassey, to claim his N40m gratuity.

Ekemini’s brother, Odiong Bassey, is also wanted by the police for being an accomplice in the alleged murder.

PUNCH Metro learnt on Saturday that the duo had been having a running battle with their late father, who was not pleased with their recent negative behaviours.

A family source, who pleaded anonymity, said Ekemini and Odiong, who are university drop-outs, had been making frivolous financial demands on their late father.

PUNCH Metro further learnt that the retired lecturer was said to have complained to some of his colleagues that his children were intimidating him into borrowing money to meet their demands, which did not go down well with him.
If a proper DNA test was carried out, you will find out that, is not his biological child

Police sources told our correspondent that things, however, became tense in the house after the boys got clues that their father was due to be paid N40m.

One of the sources said, “Ekemini confessed that they got some clues that their father, who was teaching on contract basis after his retirement, was about to be paid his benefits and gratuity of over N40m and they decided to kill him so that the money would be paid to them as the next of kin.”

The sources added that Ekemini confessed during interrogation that they stabbed their father three times in different parts of the body and stuffed his mouth with old newspapers so that he would not cry for help.

It was learnt that penultimate week, Ekemini and his brother killed their father and tactically dropped a knife beside him to create the impression that their father committed suicide out of frustration.

Luck, however, ran out of the brothers after Ekemini hired an ambulance to convey the father’s corpse to Nsit-Ubium in Akwa Ibom State for burial. He was accosted by security agents, who were brought by some senior staff of the university.

A source at the university said, “On getting wind of the death of the lecturer, the university security authorities swung into action and arrested Ekemini while his brother took off to unknown destination.”

In a blood chilling story, the fact that naija is gradually turning into the Westrn world is highlighte in the story below!

When PUNCH Metro visited the state Criminal Investigation Department in Calabar, it was learnt that Ekeminin was being interrogated and as at the time of filing this report, Ekeminin was still with the police interrogators for his role in the alleged murder of his father.

UNICAL’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, Prof. James Utsalo, said, “Well, we cannot comment on the matter because it is a criminal case and police are handling it, so we are still awaiting the official report. Besides, the autopsy report is not out; when it is out we will know what killed him.”

The Officer-in-Charge, Homicide unit of the State CID, Mr. Joseph Inuyashi, confirmed the incident, saying investigation on the matter was ongoing.

He said the police were still on the trail of Odiong, who is on the run

.http://www.punchng.com/news/police-arrest-son-for-killing-father-over-gratuity/

Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by SELFWORTH: 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
This story is weird:

40m naira for gratuity for a lecturer. This means senators will get 80 million gratuity. If they are not paid they will automatically help themselves to public funds.

People keep praying for the dead. No prayers affects the dead. I wish people will stop wasting their words.

Someone is praying for his sons to go to the hottest part of hell. Has anyone been there and come back to tell us what it's like?

1 Like

Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by greatknght: 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
So who will collect the 40m as next of kin?

sent from my wirless ikpu handheld device...
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by blackbeau1(f): 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
For those of you saying the Prof didn't train his children well.I'm going to ask a question and if you can sinderely say yes to this question,then you can blame the prof.most of the things you do today,did your parents train you to do that or would they be proud of you if they knew what you are doing? R.I.P sir

1 Like

Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]trust me bro, some children don't wish to be trained in the way that they need/ought to grow in. because some parents have done everything humanly possible to insert these trainings unto their children. But if a child decides to do what seems right unto him would you blame the parents still?[/size]

God bless u my broda. Exactly wot I said earlier in my post and somebody almost chewed me up. I guess we r on d same page. Parent will blame teachers at school and teachers will blame parents also for not raising their kids properly, but that's not d case. Like I said before Pikin wey wan spoil go spoil. Shekena
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by kheart(m): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
This is some crazy shit.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Clazzik: 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
Fast cash without workin hard... Varnity upon varnity....
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by abifoluwa: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
brownlord:

U fit still go see am for mortuary before them bury am now, make e quick reference u
you dumb bro
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Mogidi: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
otss: Based on research, d father(prof) must hav bin wicked to them... Wat a sad event. RIP

So you'll kill your father for #40m abi? Your children may then kill you for #10m, you're a scumbag.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by sweetrace(f): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
They're still investigating!!! Hope the police won't collect a part of the 40 Million so the case can slowly but surely die an unnatural death.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by vicope: 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
otss: Based on research, d father(prof) must hav bin wicked to them... Wat a sad event. RIP
Are you kidding me? Is that a good reason to sniff life out of the poor man? Are you trying to justify what those boys did? Obviously you must be criminal minded or just high on some cheap local gin.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 05, 2013
shocked

I dey open mouth wide like yoruba man.

After working all these years only to be killed like that? I believe capital punishment would be proper in this case.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by aribisala0(m): 2:34am On Feb 05, 2013
can't we have a debate without bringing your bleeping bible into it
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by azimibraun: 5:57am On Feb 05, 2013
I wll neva support the taking of anybody's life by anoda.. Hell No! Bt if I may ask; why do ppl always think parents are right and kids wrong? I knw 2 many Men who are alive 2day because God is touchin the hearts of their kids. Its nt gud for a Man 2 b wicked 2 his own family. I hate wt dis boys did bt who gv birth 2 dem and who raised them 2 bcome murderers and dropouts? Was it 2 mch luv dt caused it or a father always cursing his kids and telling dem he regrets having them? He trainned his innocent kids 2 bcom mmaniac. Dts all I cn say. U rip wt u sow.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by otokx(m): 6:27am On Feb 05, 2013
RICHIE BOI:

God bless u my broda. Exactly wot I said earlier in my post and somebody almost chewed me up. I guess we r on d same page. Parent will blame teachers at school and teachers will blame parents also for not raising their kids properly, but that's not d case. Like I said before Pikin wey wan spoil go spoil. Shekena
my mom told me that instead of me to spoil it would be better i die, so grateful to God for her discipline and that of my dad. Parents these days are too busy to train children.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by ypzilanti: 6:35am On Feb 05, 2013
brownlord:

My story was told as a remembrance to the late Prof. Your joke is very innappropriate. There are enough Tonto Dike stories on Nairaland for you to practice your comedy.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by obix60: 9:21am On Feb 05, 2013
Some profs earn as much as 1 million a month so the figures may not have been misquoted.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by vicope: 11:55am On Feb 05, 2013
azimibraun: I wll neva support the taking of anybody's life by anoda.. Hell No! Bt if I may ask; why do ppl always think parents are right and kids wrong? I knw 2 many Men who are alive 2day because God is touchin the hearts of their kids. Its nt gud for a Man 2 b wicked 2 his own family. I hate wt dis boys did bt who gv birth 2 dem and who raised them 2 bcome murderers and dropouts? Was it 2 mch luv dt caused it or a father always cursing his kids and telling dem he regrets having them? He trainned his innocent kids 2 bcom mmaniac. Dts all I cn say. U rip wt u sow.
A professor of Economics trained his 'innocent' kids to become maniacs? You must be thinking from somewhere else, not ur brain.
Re: Sons Kill Father Over N40M Gratuity by pendy79: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
Reading this story from the first paragraph, i was like when did cross riverians start to behave like akwa ibomites. Only to see that they were from Nsit Ubium in Akwa Ibom State. It is really a pathetic story and may the soul of the departed rest in peace. i've lived and worked in Akwa Ibom for almost 10years now and i"ve seen two instances where two boys with the collaboration of their mother killed the father and buried him in the same room overnight. Was at the police station to take bail of a colleague sometimes in December 2012 and a young man was brought to the station for hacking his grandmother to death with cutlass, her offence " He suspect her of being responsible for his mother's death through witchcraft he said" Her own daughter. Many cases abound here where lives are taken over assumptions and their thoughts. Who told them their father's gratuity is close to 40million Naira. Really a painful way to go . Adieu Prof. May your Soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Bad Guys Cut Off This Girl's Breast While She Is Still Alive - See More / Three Suspected Railtrack Vandals Arrested In Enugu (Photos) / Police Arrest 18 Year-old Lady, 2 Others For Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.