Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim (2424 Views)

Who Is Your Most Favourite Reciter Of The Quran / A Christian Friend Has Just Accepted Islam, Help Make Her Strong / Your Favourite Quotes from the Qur'an (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by maclatunji: 7:13am On Feb 10, 2013
skyfall:

I'll give you the honor. Start thinking of the doctrines in your religion which breeds intolerance & potentially threatens world peace. Those would be expunged first. Definitely not limited to Islam. This has to be done for any religion or ideology which hurts the cause of humanity.

Islam is perfect as it is, people outside the religion have been attempting what you are trying and failed woefully. Tell me the perfect system or ideology you think will bring "World Peace".
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by skyfall: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Islam is perfect as it is, people outside the religion have been attempting what you are trying and failed woefully. Tell me the perfect system or ideology you think will bring "World Peace".

If people outside have tried and failed maybe it's time for people inside to try. And sorry, Islam is not perfect as it is, or at least as being practiced by a lot of Muslims. That's just a fantasy.

I know it's scary to contemplate doing something like editing the Quran but that won't be necessary. Muslims' attitude is the first thing they need to change. If 2 people are reading the same book and one is an intolerant extremist while the other is the direct opposite, then there is a state of mind and level of understanding the latter is in which the former needs to be. If all Muslims are like the latter, Islam will stop having problems with the world and will actually be a shining example.

As a matter of fact, many Muslims have started adopting the "live & let live" system. That's why most people irrespective of their background are comfortable to go work and holiday in the UAE today. A lot of Muslims & Muslim nations have a lot to learn from that country.
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by maclatunji: 9:47am On Feb 10, 2013
skyfall:

If people outside have tried and failed maybe it's time for people inside to try. And sorry, Islam is not perfect as it is, or at least as being practiced by a lot of Muslims. That's just a fantasy. I know it's scary to contemplate doing something like editing the Quran but that won't be necessary. Muslims' attitude is the first thing they need to change. If 2 people are reading the same book and one is an intolerant extremist while the other is the direct opposite, then there is a state of mind and level of understanding the latter is in which the former needs to be. If all Muslims are like the latter Islam will stop having problems with the world.

Finally, someone is thinking.
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by skyfall: 9:54am On Feb 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Finally, someone is thinking.

I'd rather say, someone is getting the message at last.
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by BetaThings: 4:56am On Feb 13, 2013
skyfall:

I'll give you the honor. Start thinking of the doctrines in your religion which breeds intolerance & potentially threatens world peace. Those would be expunged first. Definitely not limited to Islam. This has to be done for any religion or ideology which hurts the cause of humanity.

Let me quote some people. I don't listen to only CNN

lordnoah:

U need 2 wake up n face d reality on ground, bt bin brainwashed by d d western propagandas. Iran doesn't need any nuclear weapon to stand against any western bully. America, isreal, etc dt av nuclear weapons of mass destruction against humanity...r dey saints? Or wat do dey wnt to use it 4? We r both pointing a gun at each oda n u askd me to drop mine 4 peace, if u r sincere, y nt drop urs 1st. Oda countries nid to stand up against d devilish western bullies. America dt predicted d brk up of nigeria in 2015, dnt u tink dey r workn towards making it hapen tru d faceless bokoharam 4 naija oil? Iran hs no interest in nigeria 4 wateva reason, stop bin brainwashd by western propaganda.

solomon111: I have never seen a country as paranoid as the US.
Why won't they be?
When they 've stepped on so many toes.

Think back to the major conflicts in the past 2 decades, which were caused by Islam
Liberia, Sierra Leone, Cote D Iviore, Rwanda, Congo DR
Tunisia, Libya, Gaddafi - struggle for power
South America - major tensions are between America and SA states
Asia where more than half of the world population live
China v Japan - greatest threat to world peace.
North Korea v South Korea/US
China v Taiwan
China v Vietnam/Philippines etc - over land
Middle east - Israel v Arabs. Has been on for years. Has not really exploded
Consider a conflict between Japan and China and its implications
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by MacDaddy01: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2013
tpia@:

well, i see your point but it can be a fine line sometimes.

however, his endorsement by logicboy would make him seem rather suspect, just saying.

although it doesnt really take from what he was trying to say with the other topic.

however, on nl, its always wiser to assume a poster has an agenda, and might not be who they say they are

From your own bible

The wicked run when no one chases
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by skyfall: 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
@BetaThings

Your argument may be good enough for ignorant people who don't know history of the world and religions, but you're not discussing with such people here. Your points still can't erase the fact that a lot of people carry out violent and unjustifiable crimes in the name of Islam, and they're even ready to do worse if only they had the chance(can you imagine someone like Ayman Al-Zawahiri laying hands on a nuclear bomb today?) And badly enough, they use Quranic verses and Hadith to justify these evil acts. And please don't tell me they're not Muslims. As a matter of fact, they're many Muslims' role models.

You cite instances of wars & conflicts which are caused by failures of man-made systems, and then use that to compare, justify & dismiss evils committed by people who're supposed to be following a divine way of life which ought to be infallible. I know you're passionate about your religion and you expect it to be perfect. But sadly, it's not perfect. That's a fact which every follower of every religion has to accept sooner or later. Failure to do this is just living in denial. There is no way you can be a 100% religious believer/follower, and then still be a reasonable and peace-loving human being who just wants to "live & let live." It's simply not possible, and this is not just theory. The facts are all around us, both in history and today.
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by BetaThings: 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
skyfall: @BetaThings

Your argument may be good enough for ignorant people who don't know history of the world and religions, but you're not discussing with such people here. Your points still can't erase the fact that a lot of people carry out violent and unjustifiable crimes in the name of Islam, and they're even ready to do worse if only they had the chance(can you imagine someone like Ayman Al-Zawahiri laying hands on a nuclear bomb today?) And badly enough, they use Quranic verses and Hadith to justify these evil acts. And please don't tell me they're not Muslims. As a matter of fact, they're many Muslims' role models.

You cite instances of wars & conflicts which are caused by failures of man-made systems, and then use that to compare, justify & dismiss evils committed by people who're supposed to be following a divine way of life which ought to be infallible. I know you're passionate about your religion and you expect it to be perfect. But sadly, it's not perfect. That's a fact which every follower of every religion has to accept sooner or later. Failure to do this is just living in denial. There is no way you can be a 100% religious believer/follower, and then still be a reasonable and peace-loving human being who just wants to "live & let live." It's simply not possible, and this is not just theory. The facts are all around us, both in history and today.

Please mention one knowledgeable group (just one) who put Muslim Terrorists at the top of their global threat assessment list
It never pays to ignore reality because of the hatred of a religion
So a nuclear bomb will be a toy in the hands of the Norwegian terrorist, Breivik? Or his associates in Poland who wanted to murder government officials or the David Koresh and his suicidal band
Even Sri Lankans who faced the Tamil Tigers would not agree with you

So failure of man-made systems make evil and death less painful? The victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki disagree
Today the Americans fear a nuclear-armed foe, whatever his motivation even if from Mars

If your religion or atheism is not perfect, you can continue working on it. Even Americans now admit that the meddling in Iraq has made the ME less safe

Islam is perfect. We only need to explain it to cut the blood flow of new members to the extremists who never on their own commit suicide. You would like to upset the 99% of Muslims who abhor violence in order to take curtail the actions of the extremist 1%. That has never worked and will never
Much is to be learnt from History. Your "ideal" muslim country of UAE proves that eloquently
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by MacDaddy01: 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
BetaThings:

Please mention one knowledgeable group (just one) who put Muslim Terrorists at the top of their global threat assessment list
It never pays to ignore reality because of the hatred of a religion
So a nuclear bomb will be a toy in the hands of the Norwegian terrorist, Breivik? Or his associates in Poland who wanted to murder government officials or the David Koresh and his suicidal band
Even Sri Lankans who faced the Tamil Tigers would not agree with you

So failure of man-made systems make evil and death less painful? The victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki disagree
Today the Americans fear a nuclear-armed foe, whatever his motivation even if from Mars

If your religion or atheism is not perfect, you can continue working on it. Even Americans now admit that the meddling in Iraq has made the ME less safe

Islam is perfect. We only need to explain it to cut the blood flow of new members to the extremists who never on their own commit suicide. You would like to upset the 99% of Muslims who abhor violence in order to take curtail the actions of the extremist 1%. That has never worked and will never
Much is to be learnt from History. Your "ideal" muslim country of UAE proves that eloquently

Yawn. Where is Justaqad to handle Betathings?
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by justaqad(m): 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Yawn. Where is Justaqad to handle Betathings?

shocked shocked shocked shocked

why u de call me na?
you wan make my fellow muslims brand me hypocrite again?
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by MacDaddy01: 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
justaqad:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

why u de call me na?
you wan make my fellow muslims brand me hypocrite again?

Anyone that calls you a munafiqh because I praised you is wrong.

Guilt by association is wrong.

The real munafiqh are not steady in their deen and that is why they are afraid of having atheist pals online!
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by justaqad(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Anyone that calls you a munafiqh because I praised you is wrong.

Guilt by association is wrong.

The real munafiqh are not steady in their deen and that is why they are afraid of having atheist pals online!

Bitterthing is something else...
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by skyfall: 8:55am On Feb 21, 2013
I find it laughable when people say oh...this religion is perfect. Damn it, no religion is perfect! This is a propaganda which we were all taught as kids. A lot of their ideologies were probably useful in the old ages but most can't stand the test of time, and that's why there's so much conflict between religions and modernization/technological advancement. The only consolation is that technology is helping people reason. I know that no ideology is perfect but they should all be subject to constant improvements.
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by MacDaddy01: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2013
justaqad:

Bitterthing is something else...

lol....Bittathings
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by BetaThings: 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
skyfall: I find it laughable when people say oh...this religion is perfect. Damn it, no religion is perfect! This is a propaganda which we were all taught as kids. A lot of their ideologies were probably useful in the old ages but most can't stand the test of time, and that's why there's so much conflict between religions and modernization/technological advancement. The only consolation is that technology is helping people reason. I know that no ideology is perfect but they should all be subject to constant improvements.
To you, your ideas
To me, my beliefs

So you cannot deny me my right to hold on to what I believe in. Arguing that I must reform, I must reform holds is not binding
I don't come over to your own domain and insist that you must live your live as I want it
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by MacDaddy01: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
BetaThings:
To you, your ideas
To me, my beliefs

So you cannot deny me my right to hold on to what I believe in. Arguing that I must reform, I must reform holds is not binding
I don't come over to your own domain and insist that you must live your live as I want it

lol.....yo sound like someone who knows that he is wrong. "it is my belief and I like it"

No one is forcing you to change our beliefs. Your beliefs are just illogical and that is what he is telling you. Everyone is free to believe what they waant. Howeer, in a public forum, yu cant expect people to treat your beliefs with gloves
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by BetaThings: 9:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
MacDaddy01:

lol.....yo sound like someone who knows that he is wrong. "it is my belief and I like it"

No one is forcing you to change our beliefs. Your beliefs are just illogical and that is what he is telling you. Everyone is free to believe what they waant. Howeer, in a public forum, yu cant expect people to treat your beliefs with gloves

Hahahaha. Gloves!!! This is a discussion forum. So you can dish out the criticism. But no matter what you say or write, I know what I know. When I discuss Islam, I am explaining my understanding to people, learning about the religion of others. But I never require validation from non-muslims.
Maybe it is illogical to you. To me it is not. And I really don't set so much store by the thinking of atheists
Re: Justaqad Has Just Become My Favourite Muslim by MacDaddy01: 10:07am On Feb 26, 2013
BetaThings:

Hahahaha. Gloves!!! This is a discussion forum. So you can dish out the criticism. But no matter what you say or write,# I know what I know. When I discuss Islam, I am explaining my understanding to people, learning about the religion of others. But I never require validation from non-muslims.
Maybe it is illogical to you. To me it is not. And I really don't set so much store by the thinking of atheists

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etiquette And Rulings For Celebrating Eid-ul-adha / Virtues Of Al-muharram / Question And Aswer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.