Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,051 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1006680 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by halmat(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
beatbug: from my calculation your are 19-21yrs...what experience have you got to write a book on importation, you haven't even imported before... Anyways, na me even get time de answer...no, surprise some peeps wil stil buy.
your calculations are ryt, bt u knw wat u got me wrong. I hate selling free ideas i gained to people, these are ebooks i bought with my money, and am here sgaring it for free.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by halmat(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
2sexy.us:
Read between the lines and age has got nothing to with it. He may have gotten it from buying the ebooks and where did he state that he wrote the ebooks?

There are teens that will outsmart you in today's world... The world is changing and changing pretty fast.
nice bro, i think you understand me bettrer.... *thumbs up*

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
I disagree with you on saturation area for export.

Exportation is just as saturated as importation... You are looking at it from what you see on nairaland. Well, I learnt about both just the same time some years back and did some researches.

I think the smartest thing is to use the alibaba.com forum and interact with potential buyers. That is the secret of Kenneth Obi. The good thing is that once you get a buyer, they become repeated buyers and they pay you in $$$$. You might even be invited over to their country for further business talk and they come here also for same.

It was a Russian that bought the sesame seeds and he came to Nigeria before he paid.

My problem is where to get the products here in Nigeria. But trust me, I can enter any forum and make friends with top men... That's the secret of my pending $25k deal in domaining. *winks*
texaco1: @funclub,
Now u are beginning to understand.you know I told u almost 2 months ago to start exportation,I guess u didn't take me serious then.
I like ur guts and courage,but you have to start thinking out of the box,stop doing follow follow business,create ur own niche ,it may be shaky at the beginning but after some time it will pick up.you have a goldmine in ur hands which you aren't seeing,the day you see it is the day your rocket take off.
VENTURE INTO AREAS OTHERS DARE NOT GO.business is all about image.
a lasting image may take some time to clear but when it finally does it will never go away ,but a fake image will look good at first only to vanish fast.I am talking in parables,I hope u will understand me.like I always say to you ,there is only one direction for you and the sky is the limit
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
No problemo... Don't let anyone intimidate you, buddy. The world is your oyster! cheesy
halmat: nice bro, i think you understand me bettrer.... *thumbs up*
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Okay, bros at least that will keep me busy while I am home for the brief holiday...

Thanks for that.
the funclub enterprise:

@2sexy alrite , we would see this weekend, we need talk about that web page issue sef, someone I was speaking with in lagos charged me fairly , but I haven't done it yet tho.
When we see.

@everyone mikky isn't bad @ all when you get to know him (I mean for ebay shipment) , although still not as cheap as what a reseller will want but its ok.
Mikky is Good IMO and we should always remember that he is a country where standard of living is very high and the money paid is only substantial when they add up.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
halmat: your calculations are ryt, bt u knw wat u got me wrong. I hate selling free ideas i gained to people, these are ebooks i bought with my money, and am here sgaring it for free.

Hmmm! Good to know his calculations are right. Good to also know that's not a drawback for you.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
BizBloke:

Ah! Sorry o. That was too high. You would have used a 3rd party shipping service though. If there's a China - Nigeria route, the flip-side is also attainable at almost same cost.

Anyway, that one don pass.

Do you know of any?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by halmat(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
Here is a tip on how to raise capital i got from patrick ogidi as a subascriber, its called other peoplel's money, though not tested yet by me due to my low courage, bt av seen people saying it works, just that you have to use your head and look as a coperate body while approaching your customer. Here is the culled version.....
Here's how it works, in step by step.
Step 1- You get a picture of a product from any of the import portals (don't worry, we shall get to that!)
Step 2- Make sure it's a product that's hot indemand... like the one I demonstrated here
Step 3- Show the picture to as many people you think would need it as possible. I love starting with people I've got some kind of relationship with - relatives, friends, colleagues at work, classmates etc, especiallythose already in the business of selling the product or similar stuffs, or people that are likely to need the product.
Chances are that they jump at the product and possibly demand to have some.
Step 4- Tell them, you currently have a link to bring in the product as much as you want, but... That you're currently busy, but can help the person bring in some if he/she likes it and is ready right away.
Chances are that, they'll jump at it and give you some money to get the stuff for them. Atleast 1 out of every 5 persons you contact, so long you have a very good and appealing product.
Step 5- Name your price... making sure you make enough profits, but don't be greedy. For me, I ensure I’ll be making 100% profit or more.
Once they pay, import the stuff for them and smile home with your profits.
This works great. Don't belittle the efficacy ofthis tip.
I remember using this to make over N150k in pure profit helping small a boutique owner in Imo state University junction, Owerri bring in some 'female weight loss pants'
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Lol... Hope you are not a reader of success digest oh. If you are, you go just enter one chance. Those guys don't practise what they sell... And that's what they thrive on. Anyway, we know where we for dey meet. cheesy
halmat: Here is a tip on how to raise capital i got from patrick ogidi as a subascriber, its called other peoplel's money, though not tested yet by me due to my low courage, bt av seen people saying it works, just that you have to use your head and look as a coperate body while approaching your customer. Here is the culled version.....
Step 1- You get a picture of a product from any of the import portals (don't worry, we shall get to that!)
Step 2- Make sure it's a product that's hot indemand... like the one I demonstrated here
Step 3- Show the picture to as many people you think would need it as possible. I love starting with people I've got some kind of relationship with - relatives, friends, colleagues at work, classmates etc, especiallythose already in the business of selling the product or similar stuffs, or people that are likely to need the product.
Step 4- Tell them, you currently have a link to bring in the product as much as you want, but... That you're currently busy, but can help the person bring in some if he/she likes it and is ready right away.
Chances are that, they'll jump at it and give you some money to get the stuff for them. Atleast 1 out of every 5 persons you contact, so long you have a very good and appealing product.
Step 5- Name your price... making sure you make enough profits, but don't be greedy. For me, I ensure I’ll be making 100% profit or more.
I remember using this to make over N150k in pure profit helping small a boutique owner in Imo state University junction, Owerri bring in some 'female weight loss pants'

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
toluxa1:

Do you know of any?

Any?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
2sexy.us:

Exportation is just as saturated as importation... You are looking at it from what you see on nairaland. Well, I learnt about both just the same time some years back and did some researches.

You are very correct bro and I totally agree with you. I don't know who that Kenneth guy is, but I have 2 people on my trade manager who are fully into export. One exports charcoal, the other exports wood and some kind tins wey I no know.

The export thing entails a lot more work than importing. You have to constantly source for buyers and it'll take a while to be recognized. We all must have seen how 'pushy' the chinese sellers are. They really really wanna sell their stuff, sometimes in very aggressive ways and that is how to be a successful exporter.

Anyway, I live in an area where I have access to grains a lot. Seseme sead (bene seed), millet, gnut, guinea corn, maize etc. This are products that the international communities know are very much available in Nigeria, so attention is fairly towards here. Infact during harvest season over here, one can buy a bag of seseme seed at 9-10k at Dec and sell it at 20 by March. Same with guinea corn and millet. But terms and conditions (several factors) apply...lol. This has been a constant trend especially for seseme seed for the past 10years apart from year 2010 or 2011 when price fell (Boko Haram factor).

Let's continue to work and research sha. If you get big buyer of any of those listed grains, hint me o, we can source them in tonnes.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by halmat(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
BizBloke:

[b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000033]Hmmm! Good to know his calculations are right. Good to also know that's not a drawback for you.
can neva draw me bak, faced many challenges survived all, his is the smallest av faced

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Tell them buddy... NEVER be intimidate...
halmat:
can neva draw me bak, faced many challenges survived all, his is the smallest av faced
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blym4real: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Wow so good to be back I went on a research and with my new findings have got something good, I should have posted it three weeks ago but I was ban for no reason. I just found a reliable freight forwarder that can help you buy from us,uk and china they can even give you your own us uk and china address, if you want to ship in bulk that is not up to a container they will help you, after finalizin my findings I will post their website here
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Interesting.... That means you are in the North.

Now that we know we have a someone at proximity, one problem is solved.

toluxa1:

You are very correct bro and I totally agree with you. I don't know who that Kenneth guy is, but I have 2 people on my trade manager who are fully into export. One exports charcoal, the other exports wood and some kind tins wey I no know.

The export thing entails a lot more work than importing. You have to constantly source for buyers and it'll take a while to be recognized. We all must have seen how 'pushy' the chinese sellers are. They really really wanna sell their stuff, sometimes in very aggressive ways and that is how to be a successful exporter.

Anyway, I live in an area where I have access to grains a lot. Seseme sead (bene seed), millet, gnut, guinea corn, maize etc. This are products that the international communities know are very much available in Nigeria, so attention is fairly towards here. Infact during harvest season over here, one can buy a bag of seseme seed at 9-10k at Dec and sell it at 20 by March. Same with guinea corn and millet. But terms and conditions (several factors) apply...lol. This has been a constant trend especially for seseme seed for the past 10years apart from year 2010 or 2011 when price fell (Boko Haram factor).

Let's continue to work and research sha. If you get big buyer of any of those listed grains, hint me o, we can source them in tonnes.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by aAK1(m): 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
2sexy.us:

I think the smartest thing is to use the alibaba.com forum and interact with potential buyers. That is the secret of Kenneth Obi. The good thing is that once you get a buyer, they become repeated buyers and they pay you in $$$$. You might even be invited over to their country for further business talk and they come here also for same.

It was a Russian that bought the sesame seeds and he came to Nigeria before he paid.

My problem is where to get the products here in Nigeria. But trust me, I can enter any forum and make friends with top men... That's the secret of my pending $25k deal in domaining. *winks*
I am happy u guys r thinking export. I've for months been thinking in that direction too.Sesame Seed is in abundance where I stay in the north.the planting season Is close and I would really want to tap into it this year.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by stpat1(m): 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
blym4real: Wow so good to be back I went on a research and with my new findings have got something good, I should have posted it three weeks ago but I was ban for no reason. I just found a reliable freight forwarder that can help you buy from us,uk and china they can even give you your own us uk and china address, if you want to ship in bulk that is not up to a container they will help you, after finalizin my findings I will post their website here

we are waiting cos I intend to buy some stuffs from china that are not up to a container.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
You dey here too? Choi. Na d website wey u design dey ya siggy? Hope no b say you pay money for that thing o. shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
stpat1:

we are waiting cos I intend to buy some stuffs that are not up to a container.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
The kind people way dey view this thread ehn... I even see pimples dey view importation. Can you imagine? I hope no be cream to multiply na hin pimples dey find? Shollypoops, i see ya oh
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by michelism(m): 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Pls does any1 have information about Pipo tablets?I intend placing an order for Pipo M6 but some1 discouraged me that, Pipo tablets are not good.Any1 have a clue?
Or any1 have better tablet in the range of $250- $300?Am in love with Rockchip 3188 and I need 3g in-built.....anyone?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blym4real: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
I present you www.aascargo.com their service is just the best I stand to be corrected
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by stpat1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
2sexy.us:
You dey here too? Choi. Na d website wey u design dey ya siggy? Hope no b say you pay money for that thing o. shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

naaa did it myself
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
I for fear... If you want something better, holla at me. I will be in Benin this Friday and would have access to good internet usage, unlike this rubbish ikare wey i dey.
stpat1:

naaa did it myself
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by michelism(m): 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
the funclub enterprise: I don't know who this beatbug guy is, but he keeps putting up some insultive comments, why call someone an infant?
I blame the computer age, you just sit down and insult someone u have never met before! When in this life we don't know who is who.
The other time in mikky's section when u were having some issues and I tried calming things down that's how u insulted me in ur language (luckily for me I knew it was awka ibom/calabar and had my sister's sale girl tell me the meaning) I just laughed and didn't bother answering you.

Its a kid that insults and call people he hasn't met kids, those people deserve apologies!, stop insulting people! It won't make you a boss.

By the way, who says a 19-21 yrs old boy can't run things. No bragging @ 19 I already had 2 business and 3 staffs on my payroll, and moreover the guy never said he wants to sell ebooks, go and re-read his comment!

Stop being quick to bash people almighty old mr beatbug! If you don't have a contribution ,just save space for the thread.

Goes out to some people here too who throw insults around , please it has to stop! This is not jokes section.

I hope to see a better beatbug. Thanks

Nice post!
He called me infant for asking a reasonable question frm sm1*smile*
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ajibaby2: 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
halmat: Here is a tip on how to raise capital i got from patrick ogidi as a subascriber, its called other peoplel's money, though not tested yet by me due to my low courage, bt av seen people saying it works, just that you have to use your head and look as a coperate body while approaching your customer. Here is the culled version.....
Am into that too, it really help a great deal. Am importing the slimming pants too. pls, I would like to know the amount you sold out to the reseller. I have done my price list but would want to be fair in my price list.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by kunletoks(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
michelism: Am new here.Pls anyone tell me ''name of a store'' or ''store number'' that you have succesfully bought phone or tablet from and got it delivered.
I need to buy Pipo m6(Retina display,built-in 3g).Or does anyone no of a better bargain?My bugget is $300 dollars.Pls suggest a good-machine Android tablet in this price range.Thanks brothers.

This is the store i buy from.
The woman is a good seller. I just place order for another 2 tablets today.
You can tell her Awotunbo directed you to her.

Her name is Cherry He
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/514439

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by kunletoks(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
Unique!:
@ all, I have repeatedly tried paying with my GT Naira Mastercard debit card, all to no avail. Don't know what else to do to make a successful payment. I keep getting the following error message:

Sorry, your payment was not successful! No money has been deducted

Reason: Your card issuer declined the transaction.
Solution: Please make sure you are paying using a valid credit card.
Please contact the bank or agency that issued your card.

Now, what else could I do, I have contacted GT card services and they told me there was no problem from their end. Contacted Ali, but couldn't get any satisfactory answer.

Its the mastercard, i also experienced it with my GTBank Debit card, i called GTBank customer care and the said my card is ok.
I now use my UBA mastercard now.
Go get UBA card.
I Used it 2 days ago and i still use my UBA card today.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by michelism(m): 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
kunletoks:

This is the store i buy from.
The woman is a good seller. I just place order for another 2 tablets today.
You can tell her Awotunbo directed you to her.

Her name is Cherry He
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/514439

Bro, thanks.....Am already checking it!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by michelism(m): 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
michelism:

Bro, thanks.....Am already checking it!

Bro, she doesn't have pipo.Thanks anyway.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 9free(m): 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
a.A.K:
I am happy u guys r thinking export. I've for months been thinking in that direction too.Sesame Seed is in abundance where I stay in the north.the planting season Is close and I would really want to tap into it this year.
My Ogas, am also based in north central. Lots of grains, vegetable and fruits here. Just PM/inform me for when the time is right.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
michelism:

Bro, she doesn't have pipo.Thanks anyway.
my good friend, you've been warned & am sure uv read it b4. pipo tabs ve plenty issues. seems yu wantu waste ur money. go ahead
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2sexyus: 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
How many tonnes can your locality produce in a year?

If you can give some figures, then I will dive into this niche.
a.A.K:

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.