Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,376 members, 7,868,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1011467 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
You can get ur lappy ship to Naija and your location for at least $40 his charges are $10 for commission and $10/kilo and 1kilo = 2 pounds. Most laptops are around 4-5pounds in weight. So, do the maths.

To get the weight of your laptop, check ebay page for the specific item you wish to buy.
domcarez:
i tot texaco z one of us? As long as his charges are nt exorbitant i wil try him, let texaco gv us d details of his service....

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by texaco1: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
2s£xy:
You can get ur lappy ship to Naija and your location for at least $40 his charges are $10 for commission and $10/kilo and 1kilo = 2 pounds. Most laptops are around 4-5pounds in weight. So, do the maths.

To get the weight of your laptop, check ebay page for the specific item you wish to buy.
Thanks , pls kindly give me this week to fine-tune some grey areas in nigeria.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
No P...
texaco1:
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Usiyaro(m): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
beatbug: you changing no I.P brov.
k gat it
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Usiyaro(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
texaco1:
bro abeg include abj
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by dotcomnamename: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
surveycash2:

Ok.

Surveycash, please can u or anyone here give me a good seller link to a very good configured android tablet for $100, i mean an android company that can customize the android for me plus shipping total of $100.

Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
Just join the retailers if you don't have the funds. Customization would only be for bulk purchasers...
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Surveycash, please can u or anyone here give me a good seller link to a very good configured android tablet for $100, i mean an android company that can customize the android for me plus shipping total of $100.

Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Standing5(m): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
1) Please i want to know how flexible the shipping options are. Can i specify an address that's not Lagos i.e Asaba, Enugu or Jos and still get my orders delivered with such precision? If not what's the process of moving such goods like and or how far do the various shipping option go within Nigeria.

2) How reliable is Alieexpress generally speaking?

3) This one is more of a suggestion. Seeing that the thread, beginning from season 1 might be considered too long to go through why don't the Mods of this thread and section creates a list of FAQ and corresponding answers, and maybe post after every three pages of reply to reduce redundancy of questions and make the thread neater?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by xzibukz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
^^Your Q's are so funny to me
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash2: 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Thanks

I try as much as possible to evade this question because I don't want to take responsibility to any seller's inefficiencies.

There are over 1 million tabs out there and the choice of picking one is really a daunting and herculian task. Over the years, I have developed a method of screening while saving time and keeping quality.

How do you know a quality product? Or, How do you know which tablet to buy?

Here is what I do.

1. I go to Alixp

2. In the search box, I type '3G tablet PC with Sim slot'. AliXP gives me over 100, 000 tablets.

3. I click on ORDERS to arrange them in descending no of orders. Here is where I sniff the market pulse, to know what tablet has the most order.

4. I take the first three to scrutinise. Here is what I look for;
a. In-buit 3g - Once I check network/communication and I see '3G external' or 'supports 3g dongle', I close and move to the next one.

b. Feedbacks - Positive or negative. What are the complains? Are Nigerians buying this? What are their views and Alixp membership status - silver, bronze or gold?

c. Communication - Is the seller responsive? How do they handle complains? can the seller adjust price immediately realtime, while I pay immediately?

On customization, it will be difficult for 1pc tablet PC. Most of the manufactures on Alibaba have an MOQ of 1000pcs for customization. You will be luck to get 500pcs MOQ if you can chat with them. Most sellers on AliXP are trading companies who buy in bulk from Alibaba and put their names on it. So, you too can buy 500pcs @ 70usd/pc from alibaba and brand it ' dotcom_na_me_na_me'to resell on AliXP for 98usd or more.

Still on customization, if you can't buy 500pcs tab and still need it customized, Surveycash Group of Companies grin will start offering that service later this year.

The product search criteria can be used for any product in any category. If am looking for the hot-selling wristwatch, I just search and arrange the orders in descending order.

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
In that case, following your spec ^^^^^, what do you think of this. I want it for myself, and not resale. Is the price right? Thanks

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-10-1-N10-SANEI-3G-GPS-N10-QUAD-CORE-4-8GHZ-1G-16G-with/681436022.html

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Afoskalex(m): 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
2sexy.us:
I guess it's time to create an export thread and let the research begin. It does not matter if we don't have sufficient info...

I will create the thread now.
pls do b/c i have been waiting patiently for a thing like this.Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash2: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
Unique!:
In that case, following your spec ^^^^^, what do you think of this. I want it for myself, and not resale. Is the price right? Thanks

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-10-1-N10-SANEI-3G-GPS-N10-QUAD-CORE-4-8GHZ-1G-16G-with/681436022.html

The price is good with DHL free shipping. Dont forget to add a leather/keyboard case.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by akanbiolawale(m): 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
surveycash2: @mayorall...

I once bought the 2nd one. Mallam was pricing it for N1,200 telling me it will wash in few months. I dashed them out and return to my tablet PC biz smiley

@ eedriyz...
Bomsoft is everywhere on NL spamming any thread he sets eyes on top. I wonder why he is not banned yet while I suffer ban every now and then..

Plz ooo,surveycash I need ya help like madt ooo. Ma pin 28CFB4BC plz send me a request asap. Need 2 ask u some priv8 ques. May Almighty ALLAH bless u as u send the request.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 12:43am On Jul 18, 2013
Hmm. Gonna miss a lot. Wanna go sell uniosun post utme form and e-past question at uniosun thread for a while. Will soon be back here in Hong Kong. grin grin grin. Don't mind my small teeth, its still growing.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 18, 2013
I have solid surprise for first 5 people that will take me on this offer...

2sexy.me:
Hello,

In any business of any kind, branding and image building is the key to pulling prospect to you offers.

Positioning yourself as an authority is a quite needed in your importation business and helping to differentiate yourself from the pack of other importers is highly recommended.

With that said, I will advice that whoever has a long term goal in this business should get a website where they can showcase their products to prospect and further build their credibility across the horizon in Nigeria Importation sphere.

What will a website do?

1. It will review you as a serious business man.

2. It will make your prospects trust you.

3. It will make them buy from you.

4. It tells them you are real.

5. It brands your business as a professional.

6. ..and many more.

For an affordable website set up, get in touch with me.

EMAIL: doyen2fine@gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 3:26am On Jul 18, 2013

3) This one is more of a suggestion. Seeing that the thread, beginning from season 1 might be considered too long to go through why don't the Mods of this thread and section creates a list of FAQ and corresponding answers, and maybe post after every three pages of reply to reduce redundancy of questions and make the thread neater?

Seems like a good idea. But who has the time for that. I certainly don't. Maybe my Ogas like survey fit sha.....hehe
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bukkylois(f): 4:37am On Jul 18, 2013
Good morning! Pls are there courier companies I can use that r cheap an offer cash on delivery services. Due to scammers I am having a hard time getting buyers to trust me enuf to send d money b4 I send deir goods. Also can u recommend good sites I can advertise my beauty goods for free. Tnx
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash2: 6:01am On Jul 18, 2013
akanbiolawale:

Plz ooo,surveycash I need ya help like madt ooo. Ma pin 28CFB4BC plz send me a request asap. Need 2 ask u some priv8 ques. May Almighty ALLAH bless u as u send the request.

Here is my pin 08050568713 grin

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash2: 6:06am On Jul 18, 2013
toluxa1:

Seems like a good idea. But who has the time for that. I certainly don't. Maybe my Ogas like survey fit sha.....hehe

Why not? If they can pay N5k/month membership fee to view the FAQs..In fact, I go offer consultancy and guerrilla techniques join nam wink
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Activityj(m): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=Usiyaro][/quote] my man please don't trust this scamadviser of a thing,me i don't know if all these scam companies use to pay them to rank them high. Bros go to google type in the name of the site+scam or the name of the site+review.regards.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 18, 2013
bukkylois: Good morning! Also can u recommend good sites I can advertise my beauty goods for free. Tnx

9jads, olx, tradestable, google trader. Fbk etc etc
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bukkylois(f): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2013
Slaak:

9jads, olx, tradestable, google trader. Fbk etc etc
Tnx dear, u r a darling
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2013
bukkylois: Good morning! Pls are there courier companies I can use that r cheap an offer cash on delivery services. Due to scammers I am having a hard time getting buyers to trust me enuf to send d money b4 I send deir goods. Also can u recommend good sites I can advertise my beauty goods for free. Tnx

I can't say about cheap (cheap is relative), but cash on delivery? Try Tranex. You may have to register with them though.

PM me and I'll send you the details of a rep you can contact and meet in person.

Hope this helps.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bukkylois(f): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2013
BizBloke:

I can't say about cheap (cheap is relative), but cash on delivery? Try Tranex. You may have to register with them though.

PM me and I'll send you the details of a rep you can contact and meet in person.

Hope this helps.
sent u a PM
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by PeterAruya: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2013
tunax5loon:

hi, the seller will give you a tracking number after two days of shipment.. yu'll now use the tracking to register for updates on DHL website.. DHL will snd yu mail or sms which eva yu need.
also, dhl will call yu wen yur goods arrive naija.
as for the price of yur tab, it depends on how much profit yu wanna make from it
hope this help?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by PeterAruya: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2013
tunax5loon:

hi, the seller will give you a tracking number after two days of shipment.. yu'll now use the tracking to register for updates on DHL website.. DHL will snd yu mail or sms which eva yu need.
also, dhl will call yu wen yur goods arrive naija.
as for the price of yur tab, it depends on how much profit yu wanna make from it
hope this help?
tanks at tunax5loon
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by BizBloke(m): 9:42am On Jul 18, 2013
bukkylois: sent u a PM

Seen. Replied.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2013
surveycash2:

The price is good with DHL free shipping. Dont forget to add a leather/keyboard case.

Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
cool
2sexy.me:
Hello,

In any business of any kind, branding and image building is the key to pulling prospect to you offers.

Positioning yourself as an authority is a quite needed in your importation business and helping to differentiate yourself from the pack of other importers is highly recommended.

With that said, I will advice that whoever has a long term goal in this business should get a website where they can showcase their products to prospect and further build their credibility across the horizon in Nigeria Importation sphere.

What will a website do?

1. It will review you as a serious business man.

2. It will make your prospects trust you.

3. It will make them buy from you.

4. It tells them you are real.

5. It brands your business as a profession.

6. ..and many more.

For an affordable website set up, get in touch with me.

EMAIL: doyen2fine@gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ajibaby2: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Standing5: 1) Please i want to know how flexible the shipping options are. Can i specify an address that's not Lagos i.e Asaba, Enugu or Jos and still get my orders delivered with such precision? If not what's the process of moving such goods like and or how far do the various shipping option go within Nigeria.

2) How reliable is Alieexpress generally speaking?

The problem with Nigerians is that they get lazy when it comes to reading. Read through the previous season, you will be glad you did.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
BizBloke:

Hope this helps.

I will appreciate this info too myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.