Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1001613 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by DTalented(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
@Texaco1, its true that everyone wont be an importer. That is why everybody is not here. Thousands of people come to Nairaland daily and many enter business forum daily but have never clicked on this thread.
I believe anyone following, reading or asking questions here wants to learn or help others on how to purchase online for use or for re-sale.
To me, You sound as if anyone who cant purchase in bulk or who doesn't have large sum is not qualified.
Many people here are students and i remember this thread started as a mini-importation guide.

No offence pls . Just saying my mind.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by texaco1: 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
DTalented: @Texaco1, its true that everyone wont be an importer. That is why everybody is not here. Thousands of people come to Nairaland daily and many enter business forum daily but have never clicked on this thread.
I believe anyone following, reading or asking questions here wants to learn or help others on how to purchase online for use or for re-sale.
To me, You sound as if anyone who cant purchase in bulk or who doesn't have large sum is not qualified.
Many people here are students and i remember this thread started as a mini-importation guide.

No offence pls . Just saying my mind.

ok my guy , i understand , but u see not everyone has the same capability has you , believe me most ppl coming here to ask questions will not be in this business in the next few months , but they may be good in other areas , some people are naturally gifted in markets , while some have good foresight about marketable products , some dont even have all these but God has blessed them with money , and they are ready to bankroll any wonderful idea , all i am saying is try to gather some ppl , you dont have to be 100 or 50 , it may even just 5 to 10 , look at ways you can work together and make it , the African mentality is all about me me me , but the white man is about we , how can we do something.if u have 50k and u bring in goods at 2000 naira a piece and u sell to a good marketer at 3000 and he pays u instantly , even if the market price is 10k a piece u have made ur gain , does that marketer needs to import?he doesn't he will be waiting for you to bring more and ur own turnover is increasing , but we cant all agree on the same point that is why we are human beings , you may have your views and i may have mine , all i have been clamoring for is that you guys should team up and make some impact , buying one tab or buying 100 dollars jewelries isnt it , you have to look at the cost of maintaining urself before ur product arrives and put it all on the goods ,i may be wrong though , just saying my mind
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ib4ola(m): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
i think i will go with the Mini washing Machine. let me share my experience, some time a go i bought a mini washing machine for 30USD from a Chinese factory thats about 4,800 Niara. the market price in Kano state Nigeria was 18,000 niara, but quite unfortunate i made noting from that business you know why, i had to pay CVM 90USD to get the package to lagos and another 3500niara to kano. now if you do the total calculation you will find out that i spent about 22700Naira to get just 1 machine to my final destination. Just an Experience shearing.
Now imagine that i was able to buy 100pcs of that Same Machine i would have being able to get it lesser than 30Usd and the total cost of shipping would have being cheaper as i will just have paid CVM for Per Cubic Meter Space in a Container. Lets join Force, We can Achive it.

Imanuelle: Mini washing machine

tablets.

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Manutd19: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
Excellent idea. Let's do this

princeuk21: that's nice why dont we create a thread for that, exchange our contact (phone num# B.B Pin, Facebook i.d) and start something. But First who will creat the thread and bring us all together? Thinkng...... OGA SurveyCash our OGA @ The Top can do that grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by austineaddy: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
ib4ola: i think i will go with the Mini washing Machine. let me share my experience, some time a go i bought a mini washing machine for 30USD from a Chinese factory thats about 4,800 Niara. the market price in Kano state Nigeria was 18,000 niara, but quite unfortunate i made noting from that business you know why, i had to pay CVM 90USD to get the package to lagos and another 3500niara to kano. now if you do the total calculation you will find out that i spent about 22700Naira to get just 1 machine to my final destination. Just an Experience shearing.
Now imagine that i was able to buy 100pcs of that Same Machine i would have being able to get it lesser than 30Usd and the total cost of shipping would have being cheaper as i will just have paid CVM for Per Cubic Meter Space in a Container. Lets join Force, We can Achive it.

Nice1 bro I fink The Mini washing machine seem to av high margin accrdin 2 ib4ola, if we cn do more feasibility study on it, it cud pay off! Pls post link to the machine so we cn get 2knw its features! Thnx

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bobojoshua(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
9free:
[size=16pt][b]NO[/b][/size]. Aliexpress only accepts Ecobank VISA card. Go to any branch and ask them to issue you a VISA card linked to your account. They will charge you only N1,000 for it. Note that it will take btw 4-5days for you to get it.
Goodluck.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bobojoshua(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
9free:

[size=16pt]Yes!!!![/size]. A normal savings account will do. Also if you're opening a new account, tell them to issue you the VISA card and not Verve because by default they are programmed to issue out the Verve card.
I use that account solely for online transaction.
My Life saving dey cool for GTB..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
So, guys are suggesting mini-washing machine?

Let's see: what would be the title of the thread then?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ib4ola(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
http://xmxingchun.en.alibaba.com/search/product?_csrf_token_=1e9eedcmcow7f&IndexArea=product_en&SearchText=washing+machine

You Got one there wink

austineaddy:

Nice1 bro I fink The Mini washing machine seem to av high margin accrdin 2 ib4ola, if we cn do more feasibility study on it, it cud pay off! Pls post link to the machine so we cn get 2knw its features! Thnx
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
ib4ola: i think i will go with the Mini washing Machine. let me share my experience, some time a go i bought a mini washing machine for 30USD from a Chinese factory thats about 4,800 Niara. the market price in Kano state Nigeria was 18,000 niara, but quite unfortunate i made noting from that business you know why, i had to pay CVM 90USD to get the package to lagos and another 3500niara to kano. now if you do the total calculation you will find out that i spent about 22700Naira to get just 1 machine to my final destination. Just an Experience shearing.

this is great.
i need to contact you.
Besides , since we're trying to make profit , we would have to do our best to cut costs.

Now, to the house,

I think like minds should pair up.

Whatever goes in your area , find someone to team up with.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
DTalented:

from your post on page 170, you mean buying from you @cheap rate and not joint purchase.

Yes, for now or wouldn't you prefer buying @ N24, 250 in Nigeria than N27, 225?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
2s£xy:
So, guys are suggesting mini-washing machine?

Let's see: what would be the title of the thread then?

we can make it a whatsapp group for easy communication.
i must not have to log in everyday.
So do you also .

We can share images of what we want, Every one sees it first hand.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
surveycash:

Yes, for now

would we have to buy it at 22k from you ?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
9free: Oga surveycash, please treat my case biko oooo.......

See attached

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
***modified***
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by princeuk21(m): 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
Imanuelle:

So do you also .

what about people who use laptop and pc how will they log on to whatsapp??
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Manutd19: 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
not everyone is on whatsapp mate.

Imanuelle:

So do you also .

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
klens: Someone else should check on this x7 issue. can't use mine for 2hrs. with 3g 20% brighness

Hmmm, You just dey make afraid they catch me, lol. Wait, how many people exactly are using this X7 sef?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by toluxa1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
C. whyte:
Just seeing a great idea once more on this thread come alive.
Pull resources together and gain the market.
My advice.
Gather as many people as possible to deposit a total sum sufficient enough to procure about 200 tabs. And ask the manufacturer to brand it. Say "NairaTab", NairaPad"

Set aside some money for aggressive advertising even on nairaland ads. Create a Facebook page for the brand and also use Facebook ads.

Arrange a delivery team in few states.

Make it transparent enough.

The sky is just the beginning.

For some reason or the other, this is the only post that has got me kinda interested in this stuff. Well put.

WARNING: We should not run faster than our shadows. Rushing into this won't be a good idea. It's all looking kinda hushy hushy (fast fast) to me.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nairaland maybe then.. .

your choice.

But this is business,
too much onions will spoil the soup.
Group has to be limited. And planning should be discreet, and just between teammates ,

I just think nairaland is too open.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Interested in the mini washing machine stuff but need it for personal usage first before I can recommend it for people. I guess that's when I can advertise very well.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Manutd19:
not everyone is on whatsapp mate.

princeuk21: what about people who use laptop and pc how will they log on to whatsapp??

i just realized that. ..
thanks. ...
then a chain mail will do .
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ib4ola(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Noted

mayorall: Interested in the mini washing machine stuff but need it for personal usage first before I can recommend it for people. I guess that's when I can advertise very well.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Imanuelle:

this is great.
i need to contact you.
Besides , since we're trying to make profit , we would have to do our best to cut costs.

Now, to the house,

I think like minds should pair up.

Whatever goes in your area , find someone to team up with.

^^^Don't you think that would be haphazard? I think there should be a unanimous agreement as to who the team leads should be, some sort of nomination, 2 to 3 persons to start with. Then let others align with them, and then it takes off from there. Also, there should be some criteria for choosing team members, guys, we're talking of money here o, and if things are not carefully thought out and executed, then most definitely, this idea is DOA! I think it's best to work with small numbers first, see how it works out before enlisting more people. Just a thought...
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
Unique!:

^^^Don't you think that would be haphazard? I think there should be a unanimous agreement as to who the team leads should be, some sort of nomination, 2 to 3 persons to start with. Then let others align with them, and then it takes off from there. Also, there should be some criteria for choosing team members, guys, we're talking of money here o, and if things are not carefully thought out and executed, then most definitely, this idea is DOA! I think it's best to work with small numbers first, see how it works out before enlisting more people. Just a thought...

true,
your post and 2 others made me realize a few important things..

thanks !
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
Klens, is your x7 1 or two sims ?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by surveycash(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2013

Guys, it's a full house today. I think we should slow down on the joint stuff. To work it out, interested partners should be in the same location so that they can arrange for offline meetings to discuss modalities and formulate legal backings for the JV. We are talking about money here. At the meeting, the executives will be formed. Who will be the importer or the marketer?

As we are thinking of forming the JV, we should also try consider this.

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ib4ola(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
it works perfectly well, i tried washing an oily cloth with it, the result was perfect. furthermore the one i purchased was wash and squeeze.

Imanuelle:

what can you tell us about the one you purchased ?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by jonaboy: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
2s£xy:
Yes... Thank you.

I wanted to see if someone could buy the idea and also encourage it before I create a thread specifically for it and not derail this thread.

Does anyone here support this idea apart from my bro? It doesn't matter if you will participate or not, but what do you think about the idea? A company might be built with just this small move!

I need supports.

. I have been following this thread from season 1 and think something good would come out of this idea, count me in, together we'll go far.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 9free(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
Why am I not seeing the attachments. Is it just me? Or this phone dey misbehave tonite?

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.