Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1005371 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Dazzled: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Please how can I buy stuffs from Alibaba.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by gsparks01(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Please I need somebody who knows much about inverters to share what he/she knows, and if I can get from the Chinese markets
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bashorundon(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 9free(m): 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
gsparks01: Please I need somebody who knows much about inverters to share what he/she knows, and if I can get from the Chinese markets
Inverters come in different capacities(VA) and are used for converting DC(Batteries preferable dry cell or Gel)voltages to AC voltage. Before you buy for Nigerian market, make sure the output voltage is 220volts, frequency 50Hz, Modified or Pure sine wave output and that it has an inbuilt battery charger.
Chinese inverter are made with high frequency transformers or what Nigerians call Chopper transformers. The have very high conversion efficiency, cheap and affordable but output power is usually LOW compare to American or European inverters that are build with standard power or magnetic/ferrate core transformers. They output high power, rugged, expensive to buy and have conversion efficiency of at most 90percent.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
yemi2plus: Good Day to all Importors in the House.
I'm new on this thread and on this importation business.

Kindly throw more light on the UBA Africard and how it works.

At first, I thought all I have to do was just apply for the card and start using it online. I tried using it on aliexpress but could not make payment on the website and other sites.

I login into the africard website and activated the card via "verified by visa" but stil could not pay for any goods.

Please, Tell me the steps you took before yours started working for you.

And also, how much extra charges do they charge for each transaction?
How much is a dollar?
Why does the africard website refuse password on PC even if you type in the correct password?
I paid N1,500 while applying for the card only to see 870 as my current account balance. I thought the card cost N500

I have some other questions I will love to ask, but let's take it steps by steps. Thanks in advance. I know some of the above question might have been asked and answered before, but I can't start reading it from page one.
Somebody should please help me with the above questions. Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Rita30: 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pls help! I noticed that there are many shops and different suppliers on aliexpress, if i buy goods from more than one shop how do they collect all the goods together for shipping, are they going to be shiped diferently by the difernt sellers or are all the shops located in one building. Someone pls help
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Rita30: Pls help! I noticed that there are many shops and different suppliers on aliexpress, if i buy goods from more than one shop how do they collect all the goods together for shipping, are they going to be shiped diferently by the difernt sellers or are all the shops located in one building. Someone pls help
This is one of the questions I will also love other importors to answer.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by gsparks01(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
9free:
Inverters come in different capacities(VA) and are used for converting DC(Batteries preferable dry cell or Gel)voltages to AC voltage. Before you buy for Nigerian market, make sure the output voltage is 220volts, frequency 50Hz, Modified or Pure sine wave output and that it has an inbuilt battery charger.
Chinese inverter are made with high frequency transformers or what Nigerians call Chopper transformers. The have very high conversion efficiency, cheap and affordable but output power is usually LOW compare to American or European inverters that are build with standard power or magnetic/ferrate core transformers. They output high power, rugged, expensive to buy and have conversion efficiency of at most 90percent.
thanks man, so you advise not to buy from China?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by tolu4you: 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
Importing Items like Blackberries, Ipads, Wrist watches,Galaxy Tabs,Andriod Phones,Laptops etc and Make N250k to N450k Monthly Right Here In Nigeria visit this blog site http://importationbiz.
you can start with 6000naira.... a secondary school student can do this
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Rita30: Pls help! I noticed that there are many shops and different suppliers on aliexpress, if i buy goods from more than one shop how do they collect all the goods together for shipping, are they going to be shiped diferently by the difernt sellers or are all the shops located in one building. Someone pls help

Lols. Buy your goods. Your seller ship your goods. Its no one concern the numbers of goods you bought.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
Mayorall, Thanks for today
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Debeloved87(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
I want to buy one very cheap 7inch tablet of 46dols on aliexpress, but most of this products, usually have something like, mininum orders,some could be 5, 10,50 etc is it that they cant sell one for someone and also what is the rate of exchange in dollars when buying goods on aliexpress, like dat product of 46dols dat i said hw much will it cost in naira..?pls help reply thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by manufos(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
yemi2plus:
Somebody should please help me with the above questions. Thanks.

Go here https://www.nairaland.com/1288795/uba-afri-card-users-only
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 9free(m): 1:40am On Nov 26, 2013
gsparks01: thanks man, so you advise not to buy from China?
If you're only powering resistive low power devices like Light bulbs, PCs, Laptops, TVs, Home threatre, e.t.c go for china products.
If you intend to power high power resistive and inductive loads like AirCon, Fans, Electric kettles, Room heaters e.t.c go for US/EU
Ensure you buy pure sine wave inverters or modified sine wave inverters in a worst case scenario wether you are buying from china, US or EU markets.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 3:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Soyedele1: Mayorall, Thanks for today

Boss. You are welcome. Na as you komot I tear sleep, no vex boss, woke up around after 7 and slept back at to 8. No vex. So how your tabs.

Our next order is gonna be higher than that so we should get the tabs with all accessories with,keyboard, memory card etc at #22,000 plus DHL shipping.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by sunday478(m): 5:00am On Nov 26, 2013
How do I get my goods delivered to me, I know this question might have been answered. But someone pls help, as for me am not staying in lagos or abuja, not even close to any sea port in nigeria. So how do I get my goods delivered. I stay in benue state (not makurdi)
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 6:47am On Nov 26, 2013
sunday478: How do I get my goods delivered to me, I know this question might have been answered. But someone pls help, as for me am not staying in lagos or abuja, not even close to any sea port in nigeria. So how do I get my goods delivered. I stay in benue state (not makurdi)

It will be delivered to your house and post office. Shipping here doesn't mean water. Its via air.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by gsparks01(m): 7:05am On Nov 26, 2013
9free:
If you're only powering resistive low power devices like Light bulbs, PCs, Laptops, TVs, Home threatre, e.t.c go for china products.
If you intend to power high power resistive and inductive loads like AirCon, Fans, Electric kettles, Room heaters e.t.c go for US/EU
Ensure you buy pure sine wave inverters or modified sine wave inverters in a worst case scenario wether you are buying from china, US or EU markets.
Peace.
aii thanchu!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by sapienman(m): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Hi Mayorall, I need your assistance here abeg sad

I bought a phone from aliexpress, shipped through dhl since saturday.

How long should it take to arrive port harcourt?

The tracking info isn't online yet. Is this normal? It's 3 days already!!

Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 10:03am On Nov 26, 2013
sapienman: Hi Mayorall, I need your assistance here abeg sad

I bought a phone from aliexpress, shipped through dhl since saturday.

How long should it take to arrive port harcourt?

The tracking info isn't online yet. Is this normal? It's 3 days already!!

Thanks.

6 days . When did the seller give you the tracking number. He might give have given you reference number, ask for your original trackinng number. The fake number might just be for you not to disturb him.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by akokite: 11:40am On Nov 26, 2013
mayorall:

Boss. You are welcome. Na as you komot I tear sleep, no vex boss, woke up around after 7 and slept back at to 8. No vex. So how your tabs.

Our next order is gonna be higher than that so we should get the tabs with all accessories with,keyboard, memory card etc at #22,000 plus DHL shipping.
sorry to bump in but chrisvicmall told me yesterday that dhl does not ship anything with batteries .also I paid into their account no on Friday and till today my status is still not yet any suggestions on what to do .I have sent many mails and no reply.their nos are still not going.pls help
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Rita30: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
mayorall:

Lols. Buy your goods. Your seller ship your goods. Its no one concern the numbers of goods you bought.
thanks but i thought u put all into one shopping cart
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
akokite: sorry to bump in but chrisvicmall told me yesterday that dhl does not ship anything with batteries .also I paid into their account no on Friday and till today my status is still not yet any suggestions on what to do .I have sent many mails and no reply.their nos are still not going.pls help

Okay. You as an importer that wanna buy tablets, will you buy tabs from me if I advertise to you?. So you want them to tell you so that you can take their money to dhl.

Received this via Dhl yesterday.

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shinaf: 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
yemi2plus:
This is one of the questions I will also love other importors to answer.

think well ..you will answer the question..okay ....NO......unless you use CVM or specuit air like...because they of different store
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shinaf: 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Soyedele1: Mayorall, Thanks for today

baba ooooo you don collect your x7...share us the pics SIR
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rita30: thanks but i thought u put all into one shopping cart

I don't know about that cos its rare.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
shinaf:

baba ooooo you don collect your x7...share us the pics SIR

You can join our force in getting created X7 at cheap price in our next order.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by princeuk21(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oga mayor go finish the goods for alibaba and aliexpress before we go buy. wink grin cheesy
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by nbolaji(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shinaf: 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.