Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1003461 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Can anybody please share the link to some cheap and good tablets seller on aliexpress. Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Can anybody please share the link to some cheap and good tablets on aliexpress. Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by born2wyn(f): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
@eph12,yes my money was deducted and i cant open dispute cos d protectn has elapsed.d worst is i cant trace d parcel.pls help me track it.RS138470148NL tanx
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 05, 2014
qualityimports:

Ofcos its not original Lenovo sir,ey are cloned tablets but branded with a popular name. Now that does not mean the tablet is not good or wont work well, they do that cos they know if they put thier own unkown brand name no one will buy hence that justifies the price. hope this helps.

Thank u very much sir. I actually suspected sth was wrong with d tablet. I undastand it might work fine but I don't like d idea of buying imitation products. That's d problem with all these china sites. Its hard 2 tell which is original or fake. Pls where can I get original branded tablets? Do u have any suggestions? Should I check ebay? Even if I check ebay and see a tablet that's located in china, should I still go ahead because its ebay or should I look for tablets that are located in d US or UK exclusively? Ur response would be highly appreciated sir
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by eph12(m): 12:27am On Nov 05, 2014
born2wyn:
yes my money was deducted and i cant open dispute cos d protectn has elapsed.d worst is i cant trace d parcel.pls help me track it.RS138470148NL tanx
There's nothing anybody can do for you sir. Your tracking number didn't work for 2 months and you didn't do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by qualityimports(m): 5:45am On Nov 05, 2014
beabea5:
. Thankk you the additional charges of *10k expecialli the custom clearance. I dont understand will i pay dhl after delivery or before delivery or i will go to airport to cler it ni...please explain more on that because the manufacturer asked for my address in nigeria.Thanks @quality imports

The custom charges have to be paid before DHL delivers to your house or location. DHL will call you or send you a mail informing you that custom as requested you to pay custom charges of xxxx amount and all you do is pay the amount into the designated DHL account meant for custom charges and they will pay on your behalf and clear youru goods and then deliver to your location. very simple no hassles you dont have to go to the airport at all.

This is from my several experience though (4x) and hope this helps.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by qualityimports(m): 5:49am On Nov 05, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

Thank u very much sir. I actually suspected sth was wrong with d tablet. I undastand it might work fine but I don't like d idea of buying imitation products. That's d problem with all these china sites. Its hard 2 tell which is original or fake. Pls where can I get original branded tablets? Do u have any suggestions? Should I check ebay? Even if I check ebay and see a tablet that's located in china, should I still go ahead because its ebay or should I look for tablets that are located in d US or UK exclusively? Ur response would be highly appreciated sir

Pls look for in UK or US but also note that most products now are produced in China and thats because a whole lot of big brand now have thier factory sited in China for cheap labour and fast production resons but any original branded tablet will be more expensive than what they will offer you.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by phemmy26(m): 6:42am On Nov 05, 2014
Hello, all,

please i need some information. I happened to buy some stuffs from asos which amounts to about 60k, items bought were shoes, bag and clothes and all of a sudden i received a mail that from skynet that i was to pay a custom charge of 30k on top items that was not up to 60k. On getting to there office, they were telling me that custom charges is 52% of the total cost of items. Is it true? cos i thin this is daylight robbery
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2014
phemmy26:
Hello, all,

please i need some information. I happened to buy some stuffs from asos which amounts to about 60k, items bought were shoes, bag and clothes and all of a sudden i received a mail that from skynet that i was to pay a custom charge of 30k on top items that was not up to 60k. On getting to there office, they were telling me that custom charges is 52% of the total cost of items. Is it true? cos i thin this is daylight robbery

custom charge is 5% vat , 5% duty. Some items does not attract vat. The highest you are supposed to pay is 10% of the total cost. Go violent with them man. Items less than 10kg is not dutiable, less than $500 is not dutiable.

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 05, 2014
qualityimports:

Pls look for in UK or US but also note that most products now are produced in China and thats because a whole lot of big brand now have thier factory sited in China for cheap labour and fast production resons but any original branded tablet will be more expensive than what they will offer you.

Ok thanks boss. I appreciate
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mickyboiz: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
Jamieb:
Thanks to every one that have been keeping this site going. I saw some laptops on ebay that caught my fancy. now my question is can someone get a brand new laptop (e.g dell,hp,acer e.t.c) on ebay with a budget of 45-50k and can it be shipped to one's address here in Nigeria. pls i need your expert opinions.

www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-Pavilion-15-G070nr-Dual-Core-4GB-500GB-HD-15-6-Windows-8-1-HDMI/281483644496?hash=item4189bb8e50
yea within 2wks typin frm experiance nt even electronics i bought but BB pouch and i got @post office
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by assalaamat(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
I was told by a friend that Stanbic IBTC Bank Debit Card is the best when it comes to online importation biz. Is it true guys?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mickyboiz: 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
hello house , nw d festival is around i decide to buy sum cheap shirt, t-shirt, polo, shoes for school b4 i resume hope ds ar nt contraband goods in nigeria, planing to use third party agent to ship it or i shd use nipost normal free shipping bt rememba i wan shop frm diffrent seller , tho ds is nt my 1st tym buyin frm aliexpress bt av nt buy clothes;shoes b4 ur opinion house
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by adeiza4u(m): 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
Please, i am having problem with the post office of my area. I used to pick up my parcel from them and all they request for is recharge card fee which i normally give to them regularly not until last week i was told by them that they recieve an order from their head office to be collecting #500 before handling parcel to me even if its below 1kg. Pls is it so in your area? Whats ur advice? Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Azwealth(m): 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
adeiza4u:
Please, i am having problem with the post office of my area. I used to pick up my parcel from them and all they request for is recharge card fee which i normally give to them regularly not until last week i was told by them that they recieve an order from their head office to be collecting #500 before handling parcel to me even if its below 1kg. Pls is it so in your area? Whats ur advice? Thanks.

yes, they just introduced the 500naira charge.....its official
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by gafsey(m): 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
Davis263:
Please my oga's in the room, if i bargain with a seller on aliexpress and he agree to a specific price how will i make payment cuz the price tag is still thesame? Thanks in advance

ask d seller to give you link to make payment for d new price.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by qualityimports(m): 12:16am On Nov 06, 2014
kendrababyice:
7ffaf13e

Sorry why drop this for the public
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by baabolight(m): 2:45am On Nov 06, 2014
eph12:

There's nothing anybody can do for you sir. Your tracking number didn't work for 2 months and you didn't do anything about it.
In future, track your items using the tracking number supplied by the seller around 3 to 5 days after it you get the tracking number. I use www.17track.net. Keep an eye on the days on your BUYER PROTECTION. I normally RAISE DISPUTE once my Protection is less than 30 days. Normally the Seller will state that your product is on the way, among their many responses asking you to cancel dispute.. DO NOT CANCEL DISPUTE until you receive your item AND CONFIRM CONTENT TO BE CORRECT.
About this order, take it as part of your LEARNING COST AS THE TRACKING NUMBER can not be traced. Better luck next time.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by baabolight(m): 2:49am On Nov 06, 2014
gafsey:

ask d seller to give you link to make payment for d new price.

If the seller agrees to the new price, he/she will change the price on YOUR order page after which you will pay. Any other arrangement will open you to fraud as you will not be covered by the Buyer protection which holds the money and pay the seller ONLY AFTER you confirm receipt of goods/item.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by baabolight(m): 2:52am On Nov 06, 2014
assalaamat:
I was told by a friend that Stanbic IBTC Bank Debit Card is the best when it comes to online importation biz. Is it true guys?

I use Mastercard issued by GTBank. It has served me well as I get alert when deductions are made as well as when refunds are paid.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by baabolight(m): 2:55am On Nov 06, 2014
Mickyboiz:
hello house , nw d festival is around i decide to buy sum cheap shirt, t-shirt, polo, shoes for school b4 i resume hope ds ar nt contraband goods in nigeria, planing to use third party agent to ship it or i shd use nipost normal free shipping bt rememba i wan shop frm diffrent seller , tho ds is nt my 1st tym buyin frm aliexpress bt av nt buy clothes;shoes b4 ur opinion house

Goods mentioned are not contraband. However, I let my sellers do the shipping. This gives me peace of mind as I confirm receipt of goods only after collecting from the post-office and confirming content to be as ordered.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by baabolight(m): 3:03am On Nov 06, 2014
temmyjudi:
Can anybody please share the link to some cheap and good tablets on aliexpress. Thanks

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/630728
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/600479
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Intellab(m): 5:56am On Nov 06, 2014
I won this auction on ebay (A wrist watch). Does it worth paying an extra $2.5 for shipping with tracking?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Black-Dial-Men-Luxury-Dress-Quartz-Wristwatch-Party-Gift-NG09H-/390963191604%3Fpt%3DWristwatches%26hash%3Ditem5b0738df34
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mickyboiz: 7:26am On Nov 06, 2014
baabolight:

Goods mentioned are not contraband. However, I let my sellers do the shipping. This gives me peace of mind as I confirm receipt of goods only after collecting from the post-office and confirming content to be as ordered.
ok bro tanx for d reply
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by roqrules04(m): 7:35am On Nov 06, 2014
Please gurus, I need help on how to convert USA cloth sizes to Nigeria sizes.. i.e A cloth that is of medium size in Usa will be what size in Nigeria
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by tunax5loon(m): 8:42am On Nov 06, 2014
qualityimports:

if its about getting S4 for $80, i can beat my cheat and bath no eye lid that yes you can get it for that amount but pls always know that its the cloned version but it works same way as original. hope this helps.
but he claimed it's original. but I've searched I couldn't find s4 cloned at d said price
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mcslize: 9:32am On Nov 06, 2014
Mickyboiz:
yea within 2wks typin frm experiance nt even electronics i bought but BB pouch and i got @post office

Does ebay ship directly to Nigeria?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by assalaamat(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Hello guys! Which is the best shipping agent that is highly reliable and trustworthy, which can ship items from US to Nigeria without any hitches. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by seyithug(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2014
assalaamat:
Hello guys! Which is the best shipping agent that is highly reliable and trustworthy, which can ship items from US to Nigeria without any hitches. Thanks
Search for Language Global shipping or @Chinosxl. He has a thread for shipping to Nigeria from the USA, and I am a beneficiary of his speed and professionalism.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Neroski(f): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2014
adeiza4u:
i am in lagos.i just collected a parcel from postoffice yesterday.i wasnt asked to pay anything o.this is my first time importing.thanks to every contributions here!
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by justi4jesu(f): 11:37am On Nov 06, 2014
Mcslize:

Does ebay ship directly to Nigeria?

Some sellers do ship directly to Nigeria but some don't, so before buying an item always check if the seller will ship international and always read the item descriptions before any purchase.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.