Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast (9060 Views)

FC Midtjylland Players Dance To Nigerian Music After Defeating Man United (Video / Buhari Rejects N750,000 Bonus For Eaglets / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Asports: 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
It has emerged that the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF)are yet to redeem the $15,000 bonus promised to the Super Eagles,if they could defeat Ivory Coast in the quarter-finals of the 2013 African Nations Cup.
The Super Eagles have fulfilled their own part,by defeating Ivory Coast 2-1,but the NFF are yet to fulfil their own bargain,owing to a paucity of funds.

“We don’t know exactly what is going on. We are still expecting money from the NSC so that we can pay our debt and fulfill other responsibilities to the team. They have done well by reaching the semi-finals and we should show our appreciation,” said the source who spoke to The Punch.

It is understood that the NFF are yet to get all the funds they sent to the National Sports Commission for approval,with the NSC releasing only N400m before the tournament kicked-off in South Africa.

NFF is fretting over demoralising the players,ahead of the semi-finals game with Mali on Wednesday,as they feel the players might not be adequately motivated for the game,but they were hopeful of getting the remaining money before they take to the pitch against Mali.

“We have hope that with the progress we have achieved, the money will come before Wednesday,” the source added.

http://allsports.com.ng/2013/02/05/nff-yet-to-pay-super-eagles-promised-15000/
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Dfrenzy(m): 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
Yes, yes, you know this monetary things do take time to implement, i mean, there's alot of transfer of ownership documents to sign, bank transfer fees, exchange delays and alot. Trust me, we are working on it to ensure that every thing goes as plan, i just finished talk with the NFF president, who has also put a call through to the entire SE team, briefing them about the developments and also, urging them to be patient as we are currently on top of the situation. All hands are currently on deck to ensure that every thing goes as plan. As am speaking with you right now, am currently on an assignment to delegate a ten man panel commitee to look into the situation and ensure speedy appropriation of this money to this boys. Fact is, we never did envisage this boys actually defeating the Ivorians so this arrangements were not really made, rather as you must have seen in another report, we were making the neccessary arrangements for their flight back to the country. But, it's all good just a minor hiccup, nothing too serious to resolve before the end of the tournament.

8 Likes

Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nigeria and money ehn..... Mtchew***
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by SamMilla1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
How can they remember their obligations when they are busy thanking TB Joshua for the win against Ivory Coast.

Meanwhile, i suggest that The share of Ogenyi Onazi be sent to his parents.
I have a feeling that the dude will mail the money to TB Joshua.
I heard him shouting ' TB Joshua, i love you' on camera after the CIV game.
I pity my people.

2 Likes

Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
uncle Jona, I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by alienvirus: 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
why? who made the promise?

1 Like

Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Gwekzy: 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is a fat LIE...wat is naija turnin in2? D moni has been paid immediately afta d match...dis i know 4 sure
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Godjone(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
if them pay them now, shakara no go let them play our next match effectively. The govt shud keep the pay until the finals are over
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by zangiff(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
i hate the ffuuuking NFF, those guys worked and they need to be rewarded. They dont love Nigeria but the Money. I hate the phuck NFF
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by centlevi: 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
alrite then, lets kip the faith, up super eagles!
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by imperiouxx(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
Up Nigeria! Mouthed Naija!
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by safarigirl(f): 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
Really? Fifteen thousand dollars? That's Mikel's daily feeding money.

Let them just assume the NFF is saving their money until the end of the tournament, no be only dem wey never see payment, corpers for Abuja still dey wait.
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
Why are they in an hurry?

1 Like

Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by 80million1: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
so?
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
These players and their lust for money ? Cant they just finish the tournament and come home for the money ? Must it be paid to them during the tournament ? And why is the bonus denominated in dollars and not our Naira. Have we all lost our goddamn mind ?

3 Likes

Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by stolenstone: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
wait! Awon boys no sabi say na scam dem scam them?? Anyway sha, wetin be 15k compared to the euros wey dem dey scoop for their club side.
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Bolt2011(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
I hope all these will not serve as distractions to the eagles. While the Malian team are seriously working hard to ensure they win tomorrow's match, these ones are discussing money issues.

I wish them well o.
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by redsun(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
It is going to demoralized them,because that is what inspired them to win,not fyucking prayer.
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by pboiskinpy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
Whether they pay them oo or they no pay them oo...E NO FIT make ABINO rule NAIJA

#jux passing n dancing IGA-RI-GA
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Una nor know say the money is on fixed deposit?How una expect the NFF people to take collect their own share before when EFCC nor go wahala them?
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Are u a learne?r @ op, u shd hav known dat d bonus moni was and is still a radio moni and promise. Dem no go pay kobo to d players. Rember how ifeanyi udenze was chased out of super eagles bcox he ask for moni dat was paid only on radio and NTA sports.
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by imperiouxx(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
presegsADESIDA: Why are they in an hurry?

How long after/before month end you receive your salary? That's why they are in hurry.
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by erabe(m): 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
Talk is cheap...........
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by mrkels(m): 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
Okay o *yawns*
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Morgan1092(m): 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Gwekzy: This is a fat LIE...wat is naija turnin in2? D moni has been paid immediately afta d match...dis i know 4 sure
U de dia wen d gv dem? Abi 'hear say'
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by oluwadare26(m): 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
NFF didnt believe on those boys..they just make the promise out of Money sort..they never believe the boys can beat CIV. NFF dat already bought Return-Ticket to Nigeria 4 d boys
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
DISTRACTION!!DISTRACTION!!DISTRACTION!!DISTRACTION!!
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Morgan1092(m): 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
presegsADESIDA: Why are they in an hurry?
Hmmm! Grammer! No b by false 2 spik English oo

1 Like

Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by donsax: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
nairaland.com
Re: Eagles Yet To Receive $15,000 Bonus For Defeating Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Is their mindset Victory for Honor or Victory for Money ?!?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TRUE Blue:click Here To Download The Mp3 Chelsea Anthem / Kanu Nwankwo Builds N400m Hotel In Owerri / Oshoala Speaks About Her New Contract With Barcelona & Her AWCON 2018 Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.