Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,194 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) (17164 Views)

Shiites Protest, Demand Release Of El-zakzaky In Kaduna (PICTURE) / Lamido And Son Smile After Granted Bail / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by Rhino5dm: 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
Stop chatting balderdash. Who is more corrupt than Jonathan? You think Ameachi is that weak that you lots can threaten with cooked allegations? Why don't you start with Nancy Ebere, the courier of Patience Jonathan that was caught trying to move 9 million dollars to their offshore account. Jonathan redefines corruption.

KnowAll:

[size=16pt]All the Governors have skeletons, beam a search light on Rivers State's accounts holistically and forensically and watch how all d mighty will fall. I am sure neither Amechi nor Lamido would want a search light focus on all their activities. Amechi stands to lose if a war of attrition brews between him and d Presidency. Him been an Ikwerre man, and his deputy being ijawish tribe, it would be in the interest of d Presidency to impeached Amechi for wrong doings knowing his deputy would dance to d tune of Aso Rock, just like in Bayelsa.

The case against Amechi has to be 'prima facia'(because he is a popular Governor in his state) and I am sure such a case can easily be found and established not with d gluttonic nature and tendencies of our Governors, I doubt if any investigator would have to dig deep to find a throve heap of evidence against Amechi[/size].
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by vanstanzy(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
I NO WANT NORTHERNER O!!!!!
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by vanstanzy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2013
uchlukez: This

Are we going to sit back and allow power return to this destructive North again.
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by Gbawe: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Lamido yes, but Ameachi?? ? I doubt if he is that close to OBJ.

Anyways, I pray the house of the wicked collapse on self-weight.

My Brother, OBJ had his own problems with Ameachi but I think our former President has come to accept that Ameachi has genuinely come into his own as an influential politician. Politics remain about permanent interests. Anyway, as you conclude we pray the PDP house collapses under its own "do or die" weight.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/32942/2012/08/20/obasanjo_backs_lamidoamaechi_ticket_2015.html

Obasanjo Backs Lamido/Amaechi Ticket For 2015

Mon, 20/08/2012 - 2:03am | BAYO OLADEJI Cover Stories News

Ahead of political horse trading over who become the presidential and vice presidential candidates of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015, indications emerged last night that former President Olusegun Obasanjo is backing Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido and his Rivers State counterpart Rotimi Amaechi for the coveted positions respectively.

A source close to Obasanjo also confided in LEADERSHIP that the former president is now drumming support for a power shift to the North on the grounds that the region deserves the development.

The source, who sought anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the matter, added that Lamido and Amaechi will slug it out with President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice -President Namadi Sambo if Jonathan decides to contest the 2015 poll.

He said, “I can authoritatively tell you that Baba (Obasanjo) has thrown his weight behind Lamido/Amaechi ticket for 2015. He is of the opinion that the duo will put in place a dynamic government for positive development. The two governors, you will agree with me, are delivering the dividends of democracy to the people of their states.

“You will recall that Obasanjo was the mastermind of the late Umaru Yar Adua-Goodluck Jonathan ticket in 2007 when it became clear that the third term agenda had flopped and this was done at the expense of former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai who had been endorsed by the technocrats that served in his second term.

“With the demise of Yar Adua, Jonathan became the President and it was the same Obasanjo who encouraged him to run for the Presidency against the PDP zoning policy.

“But I can tell you that both Obasanjo and Jonathan have parted ways for two reasons; the failure of Jonathan to involve him in his government and his interest in contesting the 2015 presidential poll”.

When reminded that Obasanjo and Amaechi were not in good term, the source replied that former Osun State Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola had resolved the dispute.

He added that the development prompted Amaechi to support Oyinlola at the expense of a former Minister of Transport, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, during the last PDP Convention in Abuja.

According to the source, Amaechi is one of the PDP chieftains that drummed up support for Oyinlola and ensured that he emerged as the national secretary of the party.

Lamido was nominated for ministerial appointment by Obasanjo and later emerged the Foreign Affairs Minister on June 30, 1999, the post he held from 1999-2003. He returned to Jigawa purposely to wrestle power from the ANPP government.

In the late 2007, Lamido clinched the governorship candidacy of the PDP and emerged as the governor on May 29, 2007.

The source also claimed that Oyinlola, as an ally of Obasanjo, would work on the political arrangement while Amaechi is expected to use his influence as the Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, NGF, to sell the joint candidacy to the party’s governors.
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by Fellonigerians: 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
I ask all u noisemakers, is Amaechi better than Goodluck? If yes, how?
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by Rhino5dm: 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
How dare you compare living (Ameachi) with a corpse (Jonathan)?

But then let me entertain you for the benefits of other nairalanders. Even though, I'm not impressed with Ameachi of lately after his flagrant acquisition of private jet , but projects like Agip flyover, expansion of Ikwerre road, construction of notorious artillery-woji, rehabilitation and construction of Opkoro road, modernization and upgrading of all public schools, building and commissioning of various health centres, linking various communities to Portharcout city. . . .initiating Portharcout metro lines, enhancement of greater Portharcout city, rehabilitation and expansion of Olu Obasonjo road. . .completion of Afam power station are records Jonathan can't break till the end of time.

On contrary, can you point ONE project initiated and completed by Jonathan is Beyelsa state? The last I know, Jonathan is a ghost in Beyelsa with zero foot prints for the two and something years he spent as a governor in Beyelsa. Sereki Di.ckson is the only governor worth mentioning in Beyelsa state.

Fellonigerians: I ask all u noisemakers, is Amaechi better than Goodluck? If yes, how?
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by phabouluz(m): 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hand of Esau voice of Jacob, only the wise will understand. Don't be a pun in the game.
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by rcb34: 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
This car fake, not real,am not a politician neida do like wia nigeria is heading politically,bt from ma own opinion d car is fake "photoshop" parol
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by esilove(m): 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
This is handiwork of political Juntas. This is not true, its a photoshop arrangement. Campaign banner will always bear the correct name of the candidate. The spelling of his name is AMAECHI not AMECHI, the other thief prefer using SANUSI to LAMIDO with this i feel the arranger just want to distract the govt. Onbehalf of my amiable and dynamic gov Rt Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi i urge the general public and the Nigerian govt to disregard this rumor. We respect the govt of Nig led by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. God bless Nigeria
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by pazienza(m): 1:10am On Feb 07, 2013
Any political manipulation that does not end up with an easterner being the presidential candidate,cannot shake GEJ base in the east. The power is already in the east,why should we debase ourselves to VP position?

Lamido would be better off with a yoruba VP,that way,he can share yorubaland with anybody tinubu and ACN would be pitching their tent for.

Picking Amaechi as a vice,to me,is the highest height of political naivety.
Re: Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 07, 2013
BUT GEJ HAS LOST GROUNDS IN THE WEST!

pazienza: Any political manipulation that does not end up with an easterner being the presidential candidate,cannot shake GEJ base in the east. The power is already in the east,why should we debase ourselves to VP position?

Lamido would be better off with a yoruba VP,that way,he can share yorubaland with anybody tinubu and ACN would be pitching their tent for.

Picking Amaechi as a vice,to me,is the highest height of political naivety.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwara Monarch, Ibrahim Chatta-Umar, Backs Buhari For 2019 / Governor Uzodimma Appoints Brother As Imo State Deputy Chief Of Staff / Boko-Haram In Military Uniform Kill 8 In Borno Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.