Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify (4973 Views)

CAF Invites Akpabio And Uduaghan To AFCON Final. / Local TV Stations To Show AFCON Final / Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 06, 2013
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Aminu Maigari said on Tuesday that President Goodluck Jonathan will watch the finals of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), if the Eagles qualified.

Jonathan had said last year that he would want to be at the closing ceremonies of the 2013 AFCON at the National Stadium, if the Super Eagles would make it to the finals.

Following the steady progress from the group stage to Sunday’s 2-1 elimination of pre-tournament favourites, Cote d’Ivoire, the Super Eagles are only a leg away from fulfilling the president’s desire.

``I have just spoken to the head coach, Stephen Keshi and the captain, Joseph Yobo and they have assured me that they will strive to fulfill Mr President’s desire.

``It is rare to have this kind of support from a head of state.

``On our part, the NFF has motivated the team enough to do Mr president and the nation proud by not only winning Wednesday’s tie, but lifting the trophy on Sunday,” Magiari said.

He said that Jonathan also spoke to Keshi and the players on Tuesday and reiterated his desire to be at the closing ceremonies on Sunday.

The Nigeria High Commissioner to South Africa, Sonni Yusuf, has also expressed the sentiments of the president to be physically present at the finals of the 2013 AFCON, if the Eagles would make the finals.

``The President watched you and was excited that you showed the true Nigerian character and his private secretary just called to say you should just fulfill your own part of the bargain and leave the rest to Mr President.

``With what we have seen of your performance in this tournament, we are sure you will not disappoint,’’ Yusuf added. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/46926/2013/02/05/president_goodluck_jonathan_will_watch_2013_afcon_finals_if_maigari.html
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Chanchit: 8:16am On Feb 06, 2013
If only our celebs knows how to use their status, they should also troop in for the final, that alone go scare Ghana, n would make our bois play d same way they palyed against ivorie coast, n it would also boost the celebs image. So they should not leave the job for Pawpaw alone.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 06, 2013
1st,2nd or 3rd to comment

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by tunapawizzy: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2013
it will make no difference, GEJ is not known to be a good motivator...
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by yuzedo: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2013
Ok.. undecided
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by tunapawizzy: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2013
Chanchit: If only our celebs knows how to use their status, they should also troop in for the final, that alone go scare Ghana, n would make our bois play d same way they palyed against ivorie coast, n it would also boost the celebs image. So they should not leave the job for Pawpaw alone.
e be like u dun watch d semis already,,,for ur mind,,,,Av u ever thot of a BurkinaFaso vs Mali final?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2013
Mek he no go put d boys under pressure o. Mbeki watched bafana bafana and they lost so bro president shd just watch on TV o
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by ebamma(m): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2013
Did i just hear you say clueless in charge
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by ypzilanti: 11:34am On Feb 06, 2013
Now that is one trip that would justify 200 aides and hanger-ons...more crowd to support super eagles. grin

I support GEJs trip. Go Eagles!
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by onthefence: 11:34am On Feb 06, 2013
opportunists. Why not watch the semis?
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by madridsta007(m): 11:34am On Feb 06, 2013
Chanchit: If only our celebs knows how to use their status, they should also troop in for the final, that alone go scare Ghana, n would make our bois play d same way they palyed against ivorie coast, n it would also boost the celebs image. So they should not leave the job for Pawpaw alone.

Una don dey think about Ghana without overcoming Mali in the semis.... Proper 9ja mentality. Over confidence. Reminds me of a certain world cup that we ignored small Denmark and started planning for how we would beat France at the Quarter Finals. Denmark humiliated Nigeria 4-1.

Hope history won't repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by swtchicgurl: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2013
ok

*returns to frying egg*
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by ypzilanti: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2013
chiover: Mek he no go put d boys under pressure o. Mbeki watched bafana bafana and they lost so bro president shd just watch on TV o

You mean Zuma?
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by alex406(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2013
Thats my presido.
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by outrage: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2013
He'll be there to watch mali carry the cup! Because they are going to win not just nigeria but the competition.

They are more determined and have more reason to fight for it.
The situation in their country!!

Its just like last years competition,

The zambian team came ontop because of the plane crash that claimed the life of their players some 20years back, at that same place.

This year, mali will because of the challenge they are facing in their country.
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by abujub(m): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2013
Nigerians should stop this and allow d boys to concentrate on d match, all this might make dem loose concentration, they should rememb we still have mali before talking about playing d final
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Donlexino(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2013
make yobo nor try am near dat field o
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2013
U are right. were are all d celeb,we hv in naija. P,square, Koko master,Timaya,Omo Sexy,Don J, Iyanya, Jim Iyke,and so on.
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by MadCow1: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2013
ok
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 06, 2013
swtchicgurl: ok

*returns to frying egg*
your eggs are burnt tongue
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by mascot87(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2013
This post has been hidden for safety purpose.
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Kaxmytex(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2013
Dat's gud....can't wait 2 see GEJ cheering up d eagles.....

[size=28pt]4get! 9ja don enta final....infact..na burkina faso we wan play sef....watch out[/size]
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by mj(m): 11:49am On Feb 06, 2013
Predict the Nigeria Vs Mali game correctly and win an Android phone:
https://www.facebook.com/parktelonline/app_117049981714413

Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by swtchicgurl: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: your eggs are burnt tongue

yes, i'm actually trying to match ur complexion. tongue grin
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by casestudy: 11:51am On Feb 06, 2013
make d guy no carry badluck and bad belle carry give us oooo. make him jus pack wella for aso rock dey chop 1.3bn NGN food
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by sapien(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2013
Goodluck = Badluck.
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2013
swtchicgurl:

yes, i'm actually trying to match ur complexion. tongue grin
sorry don't look like burnt eggsx tongue grin
Women and their careless attitude, your house is on fire shocked shocked, what are you trying to match this time undecided grin
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Petraman(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
What else will he says? He'll surely want to see his team win the tournament with his two eyes. Just pray that we beat Seydou Keita's side today before he booked his flight to Nelson Mandela's town
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Orikinla(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
[size=48pt]SO?[/size]
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by ignis: 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
tunapawizzy: it will make no difference, GEJ is not known to be a good motivator...
Don't you know that GEJ carries spirit of Goodluck?
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 06, 2013
madridsta007:

Una don dey think about Ghana without overcoming Mali in the semis.... Proper 9ja mentality. Over confidence. Reminds me of a certain world cup that we ignored small Denmark and started planning for how we would beat France at the Quarter Finals. Denmark humiliated Nigeria 4-1.

Hope history won't repeat itself.
That was France 98. guy dat match pain me. and in 2000 Olyp,i. Austr, 4:2 i think to Chile. Ivan Zamorano be won kill us.
Re: GEJ To Watch AFCON Final If Eagles Qualify by Kaxmytex(m): 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2013
[size=28pt]saying ghana go beat d burkinbes at d mbombela stadium is jux lyk u're saying man u go beat r.madrid at d estadio santiago bernabeu.....keep deceiving ursef o..even pikin wey dem born 2day go knw say dat 1 no fit possible....
Ghana are nt used to dat pitch unlyk d burkinabes wey b say na dere dem play all dere match..one way or d other,it'z gonna affect ghana..
apart 4rm dat,lukin at d playerz in d burkinabes squad,d lyks of pitriopa,bance,traore and 1 wey resemble he-goat(i no fit r'mba im name naw)...mehn! Ghana is as gud as dead grin
[/size]

[size=28pt]i won't b surprise if i see group B quater-final qualifers also qualifying for d finals...[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wrestling Betting Site / Osaze Odemwingie Scores Epl Fastest Goal / Nigeria Vs Namibia Ends 7-0: Congrats Super Falcons!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.