Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final (20437 Views)

CAF Invites Akpabio And Uduaghan To AFCON Final. / Pitroipa Cleared To Play In Afcon Final / Local TV Stations To Show AFCON Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Afriface: 7:11pm On Feb 07, 2013
President/Chief Executive of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote has splashed the sum of N130 million on the Nigerian national team, Super Eagles for reaching the finals of the ongoing 29th Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in South Africa.The national team, Super Eagles reached the finals of AFCON 2013 by thrashing the Malian national team 4-1.

A statement from Dangote Group explained that the gesture is part of Dangote Group’s corporate social responsibility ( CSR ) to promote and encourage sports development in Nigeria. The donation is to acknowledge the exploits of the national team at the AFCON and stimulate them to bring home the coveted trophy.

Sports minister Mallam Bolaji Abudllahi speaking on the donation said: “Dangote has always demonstrated commitment to Government and people of Nigeria. We are happy over the gesture shown to the players and the coaching crew. It is an example for other well-meaning Nigerians to follow.”
Football enthusiasts are commending Aliko Dangote on the gesture describing it as a necessary tonic that would inspire the Super Eagles to win the final match on Sunday February 10 against the Stallions of Burkina Faso.

Ephraim Ubong, a football lover and Super Eagles supporter believes that the donation would spur the national team to win the trophy. Ubong, a staff of a creative agency in Lagos charged other wealthy Nigerians andorganizations toemulate Dangote by donating cash and materials to the national team.
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, also known as the Orange Africa Cup of Nations for sponsorship reasons, kicked off from January 19 while the finals will be played on February 10, 2013. The competition is organized by the Confederation of African Football (CAF). Starting from this edition, the tournament was switched to being held in odd-numbered years instead of even-numbered years so that it does not clash with the FIFA World Cup.

The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil as the representative from CAF

http://tundeola..com/2013/02/dangote-rewards-super-eagles-with-n130.html
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/02/07/dangote-rewards-super-eagles-with-n130-million-for-reaching-afcon-final/
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by outrage: 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by FXKing2012(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
That's less than $1million, how dem go share the money?
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by SamMilla1(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
We all buy spaghetti, Indomie, Cement and other Dangote things. So we all contributed that money to SE.

A man who wrote will to be read after his death is merely sharing what does not belong to him.

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by ebamma(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
While i'm here looking for just 50k to pay my rent,the are giving millions to people who dont really need it #kidnapping things on my mind

13 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2013
We know one of the players will send his share to TB Josh... The odas na ashawo and beer things.. Let's hope they wait till after the final....

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
outrage: .
Abeg, dangote dash dis guy small money, e no easy to book space for frontpage....

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by ab1x: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
FXKing2012: That's less than $1million, how dem go share the money?

at all at all na hin bad. Kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by 190: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
im the 24th man in that eagles squad

dancing alanta - am rich am rich grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by AjanleKoko: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
ebamma: While i'm here looking for just 50k to pay my rent,the are giving millions to people who dont really need it

Sorry mate. Way of the world. It shall be taken from those who have not, and given to those who have. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by tutu1: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
Nawa oh, where are the hard working graduates that earn 50k a month and have cheating girlfriend chei, make ona go play ball oh lol

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Iykebestbt(m): 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
Somebody should tell me why God will not bless this man the more....
God bless the super Eagles!
God bless Dangote!!
God bless Nigeria!!!

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by hoochay: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2013

na ur money

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by alaladakosta(f): 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
my problem is,when falconet impress,nobody is their to reward them,sad thing is they've been consistent eversince i know them at least in the african stage.only our super eagle na him dem dey take money entice to perform.SMH.

13 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Leadn(m): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Abeg, dangote dash dis guy small money, e no easy to book space for frontpage....

lmao grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by femmy2010(m): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
Good motivation buy Dangote and am pretty sure more would add similar goodies.
Up Eagles.
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by charlsecy4(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ichie Dangote Where Is My Own?
http:///Ichie_Dangote_Where_Is_My_Own
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
Dats a gud example of a rich man. May he continue to prosper in his business. Super Eagles should also nt to be complacent.
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Leadn(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
hoochay:

na ur money

I tire... as if he could do such if he had the resources...
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by mobiss(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
wt dt amount of money to share,I hope seniority and sentiment will nt bw involved? which can cause loss of concentration and focus..
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by tomsongz(m): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
Papa 2 good ooooo
E 2 good
E give us 130million
E 2 good
Dis moni big well we'll
E dey big♬

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by executinal(m): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
If semi-final should be like this, i wonder what will happen when they win the trophy.

On a second thought, how much does the trophy worth?
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by joek(m): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
Another M.K.O in the making.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by johnwizey: 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2013
I don talk am say na soccer i go use end my lyf

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by weezii(m): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Sorry mate. Way of the world. It shall be taken from those who have not, and given to those who have. undecided
thats just it ma brother. Sometimes life can be so unfair but believe me its all for good cos at the end, Good must always prevail
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by charlsecy4(m): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by sage2(m): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2013

If money no reach $1million e dey harder to share abi wetin?

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
johnwizey: I don talk am say na soccer i go use end my lyf
I no understand.

As in, person go shoot u ball for ur dololo?

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by yomip3t(m): 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
RUBBISH !!!!!!
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by idy15: 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
Globacom what re doing for ur darling team; me i gave them prayer; though they don't call my name
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by Olumikedos(m): 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
smileycheesy philaa
Re: Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final by hollandis(f): 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2013
Foolish Nigerians.Someone claims to be a philanthropist and giver whereas he is actually stealing from you.He is rich because of monopoly,the government has made him rich because jobs that could have been created for millions of people is created for just one person.Nigerians are the problems not the government ,I have always said this and will always say it angry

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Mikel Obi Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today! / Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.