Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,827 members, 7,844,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455870 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Bashtee,
A short white Lady in her late 40s or early 50s.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
@newacca
I believe each application is handled by different VOs. Are you going to ask for a new start date because if u are eventually called for medicals as the start date of 25th July is so close.
Re: Travelling To Canada by jonyjay(m): 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
@newacca. Just keep praying to God and be positive. when your case get to bank statements verification with canada embassy next is your medical. that is always the last stage before medical or before visa,been there done that. during our days they usually issued medical before they verify bank stament, then, there was no non appearance. everybody must be interviewed. non appearance started couple of month after i got my student visa. God almighty will issue your visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada by blackbreed: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
@newacca PLS I WISH U GOOD LUCK,, ALSO PLS TAKE A REVIEW TO MY QUESTIONS AND SEE IF U CAN HELP ME TO ANSWER IT IN ANYWAY

THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada by vkings: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
Delta007:

On the one hand, the fact that you returned from the UK after your Masters program counts for you. However, you'd have to explain why you need a second Master's program. I'd advice you include a letter in your application to buttress your point(s). Since I'm not in the VO's head, I cannot say for sure if you are going to be granted; it can go either way.

I'd think you have a better shot at obtaining a Visa for a PhD because it shows a progression in your education. It's another one month before Fall semester starts; most people are on vacations between May and August. You may be better of shooting for the Fall of 2012 and begin/resume your contact this Fall (2011) so that by January, you got everything wrapped up. Email and Phone are your only options unless you have someone in some particular institution that can meet the Professor on your behalf. Goodluck!!

Thanks Delta007.

Lately, I've been more or less inclined towards the PhD but now that you've given more light on the possible reasons for the lack of response, I think I'll keep trying peradventure my pull through someday.

Once again, Thanks Oshare.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Bashtee,
I really need advice from all u fellow nairalanders. School resumes on 25th July. and no medicals yet. In the event of call for medicals,I think I may need a new start date. I need to wait for call for medical test first. All the same,thanks 4 ur concern. how abt ur case? any response yet? when r u going to check on CDHC if no response yet.

@jonyjay,
Thank you so much for your detailed information and insight. it's really helpful. It sparks my light and increases my optimism. I will keep u posted of the response.

@blackbreed,
if you are to be called for interview,you shall be contacted through courier. Hope I answered ur question now. Ur application staying long at the CDHC office doesnt necessarily mean you shall be given the visa. I think it takes long time for them to verify some of the dox. More so,some institutions and facilities may be slow in responding to the inquiry of the embassy to the applicants case. Each application and applicant are treated independently and separately. are you okay with my response?
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2011
@newacca
You will definitely going to ask for a new date as your original date of 25th July is to short.I hope the college has alternate start date? Like my college gave me 2 start dates 2 August and 6 Sept.Inshalla on Monday I will visit them.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Bashtee,
I wish u well. I am waiting to receive response after d interview,then I will request for deferment letter. thx
Re: Travelling To Canada by blackbreed: 5:46am On Jul 07, 2011
@ EVERYBODY,,

THANKS NEWACCA,,PLS EVERYONE,,, HOW IS THE MEDICAL DONE,,,WILL IT BE DONE AT THE EMBASSY OR THE EMBASSY WILL DIRECT YOU TO SOME SPECIAL KINDS OF HOSPITAL TO TAKE IT AND WILL THE EMBASSY GIVES U A MEDICAL FORM OR WAT

THANKS BLACKBREED
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2011
@blackbreed
Just take time and go through the forum right from start,u will get most of the answers
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 10:32am On Jul 07, 2011
@acca

I'm really impressed. You aced it. Just stay positive and pray. Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2011
@cuddlemii i read in this thread you'll be going to SAIT this fall, i am also slated to be there since my course commences in september, how far gone is your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2011
IgweBLaze:

@cuddlemii i read in this thread you'll be going to SAIT this fall, i am also slated to be there since my course commences in september, how far gone is your application?

Yes but start date is October 11th.

I applied on the 16th of May so I'm still chilling

What program are u going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Yes but start date is October 11th.

I applied on the 16th of May so I'm still chilling

What program are u going for?
11th of october!!! still a lot of time for u to chill, i applied for the BAPT program, it seems i will have to go prepare the grounds for your safe arrival!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
IgweBLaze:

11th of october!!! still a lot of time for u to chill, i applied for the BAPT program, it seems i will have to go prepare the grounds for your safe arrival!!!

Ok, have u gotten ur visa
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2011
By God's grace everything is set, the high commission in ghana is quite fast with student apps, 3weeks including medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
IgweBLaze:

By God's grace everything is set, the high commission in ghana is quite fast with student apps, 3weeks including medicals
Really Good for you. So have you gotten your visa or you have just applied?
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
Dont get me wrong though.the CHC in ghana is the strictest.they refuse visas left right centre and so people dont bother to apply at all therefore they processs relatively few applicants as compared to the US and UK embassies.this allows for same day processing.you submit your app. (in person) in the morning and you're told whether you qualify for medicals in the afternoon.apps sent by courier though takes almost 2months including medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
Dont get me wrong though.the CHC in ghana is the strictest.they refuse visas left right centre and so people dont bother to apply at all therefore they processs relatively few applicants as compared to the US and UK embassies.this allows for same day processing.you submit your app. (in person) in the morning and you're told whether you qualify for medicals in the afternoon.apps sent by courier though takes almost 2months including medicals assuming nothing goes wrong
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
Sir. Its simple U get visa or you just one apply which one
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
@cuddlemii,
Thx. so much. I have remained silent in the recent time. what's up? how far have you gone?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
newacca:

@cuddlemii,
Thx. so much. I have remained silent in the recent time. what's up? how far have you gone?

I didn't want tension or nerves, so I distracted myself and stayed away. I applied May 16th so do the maths cos I don't want to.

My start date is October 11th though. In btw I am good dear
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Sir. Its simple U get visa or you just one apply which one
 sorry madam, i thought you caught my drift earlier. I got the visa
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2011
Lolz. Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
@cuddlemii,
alright. I wish u all d best.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Lolz. Congrats
Thanks, would it be possible if we could chat 'off air'
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2011
I want to wish all those waiting for updates on their apps all the best. Make sure you pray everyday and if you forgot yesterday, pray twice today AND for those who have not sent theirs,make sure you read the whole thread before you do so as to cover every minute loophole. PEACE!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
IgweBLaze:

I want to wish all those waiting for updates on their apps all the best. Make sure you pray everyday and if you forgot yesterday, pray twice today AND for those who have not sent theirs,make sure you read the whole thread before you do so as to cover every minute loophole. PEACE!!

Amen. Are you going to stay in one of the school's residence. Did you pay for the accommodation deposit?
Re: Travelling To Canada by IgweBLaze: 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Amen. Are you going to stay in one of the school's residence. Did you pay for the accommodation deposit?
The school's residence for me is a no go.imagine paying almost 500k for four months and then paying the same amount b4 the next sem begins, except my sponsor is a senator with money to throw away, there are a lot of moderately priced apartments close to the school.i'll go for one of them at least i'll be able to know the town and system better than being locked up in those super expensive suites
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2011
@kingsley2007
Oga, how far? After you spoke about your interview, u disappeared? Hope nothing oh. Any news.

@Longecity
Our ever present motivational speaker in times of "waiting torment". Tell us wats up. Has CDHC gotten back to you after the medicals?

@all
Pls, if anyone else had to get multiple police certificates done (especially) a german one, please holla at me oh, I need help.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
IgweBLaze:

The school's residence for me is a no go.imagine paying almost 500k for four months and then paying the same amount b4 the next sem begins, except my sponsor is a senator with money to throw away, there are a lot of moderately priced apartments close to the school.i'll go for one of them at least i'll be able to know the town and system better than being locked up in those super expensive suites

Ok. I will just chill for CDHC
Re: Travelling To Canada by EpicWin: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2011
@omosanyaolak
How u dey? Any news?

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.