Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455039 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by literary: 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
Interesting post all through,
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
@epicwin
Thanks for ur concern
@All
I am still here o,I will neva leave nor forsake my fellow nairalander.today marks two weeks I did my medicals but I learnt dat it takes 2-4 weeks after medicals for CDHC to get back to someone.am waiting upon the Lord cos those dat wait upon,trust,hope,have faith in HIM will neva be put to shame.HE said HE will hasten HIS word to perform it in our lives.out of the mouth of babes and sucklings we have ordained strength so that we might silence all our enermy and avenger (VO,consular,medical practitional).I pray that this month is our month whether the devil like it or not,our mouth will feel with laughter,our tongue singing,our heart rejoicing,our hand claping,our leg dancing.God will turn again our captivity.more and more medical invitee's in the house.our time has come in the name of JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth amenmher the devil like it or not,our mouth will feel with laughter,our tongue singing,our heart rejoicing,our hand claping,our leg dancing.God will turn again our captivity.more and more medical invitee's in the house.our time has come in the name of JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth amenm
Re: Travelling To Canada by blackbreed: 5:26am On Jul 08, 2011
@longecity
which hospital do u attended for your medicals,and howmuch was the fees, what was the required documents from you and once done who will keep the result.

wish u good result

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by edmarkee: 9:44am On Jul 08, 2011
Hi Delta007,

The only advise is try and see some schools in the US but be ready to sit for GRE, so that you can sail smoothly in securing an Admission in United States. Best of luck! 
Re: Travelling To Canada by omosanyaolak(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
@EpicWin,thanks very much.i am still waiting.hopefully it'l nt blng 4rm nw b4 they gt back 2me.my applicatn is ova 9wks now.
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
@Blackbreed
I did my medical in one of designated hospital by CDHC in yaba (Dr marien hospital) at no 7 montgomery road yaba.I paid 30k altogether.the document u re going there wt will be sent to u by CDHC.after ur medical the result will be sent to paris in france for verification,after that the result will be sent from france to CDHC.
I hope I av answered your question.thank you for ur well wish.I pray that all of us will sing a new song this season.amen
Re: Travelling To Canada by henrywest(m): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2011
Wrong thread, wrong place, wrong time. We have reasonable expectant young brother and sisters here. I think God loves you. He's knocking. Open the doors of ur heart before its too late for you!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
@all,
I need advice from you. I was called for interview on 4th July and after the interview,I was only told that I will be contacted soon. My concern is this,my school resumes on 25th July. I havent heard from CDHC after the interview and I heard medical result normally come out after 2 to 4weeks.
I am in a cross road. Should I contact my school for deferrment letter or I should wait for CDHC's direction to request for the new start date letter. I need advice from all. Thanks.
Ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
@newacca, I want to believe the verification of the statement of acct which u presented went well.u av just two weeks to the starting of ur program.i advice u go to cdhc to remind them of the start date.u might to be instructed to go for medicals at the spot.give it a try ok
Re: Travelling To Canada by longecity: 10:31pm On Jul 08, 2011
@obietrex
Have u heard from dat ur lady friend whether CDHC has gotten back to her.the one that use maple.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 1:41am On Jul 09, 2011
@newacca
Just inform your school of the development, it is definte that you won't be fully set by 25th.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Jojo4: 1:47am On Jul 09, 2011
Guys help me out.
I want to apply for an international passport pls i need søme information aboút it asl where in ibadan and amount
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:50am On Jul 09, 2011
newacca:

@all,
I need advice from you. I was called for interview on 4th July and after the interview,I was only told that I will be contacted soon. My concern is this,my school resumes on 25th July. I havent heard from CDHC after the interview and I heard medical result normally come out after 2 to 4weeks.
I am in a cross road. Should I contact my school for deferrment letter or I should wait for CDHC's direction to request for the new start date letter. I need advice from all. Thanks.
Ciao
Dude, I believe someone has already told you that July 25th is not feasible if you were successful with your interview. You should ask the institution to mail you a new letter showing that your admission has been deferred and send that letter to CDHC asap. Infact, that is what you should have done when you went in for the interview. It takes 3wks to get the medicals sorted, so even if you did your medicals today, it aint gonna happen. Western institutions are not like Nigeria that you can resume one month after official school resumption. My 2 cents for whatever is worth!
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 4:19am On Jul 09, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 9:43am On Jul 09, 2011
@obietrix,
thx. I don't knw the outcome of the Bank statement verification yet. Though the Bank statement is genuine and certified. I want to wait till next week Monday before I contact CDHC to remind them of the resumption date. Though I already contacted the school of the situation of things.

@Bashtee,
Thx so much. I already informed the school of the development and I have told them I may need a defferment letter,depending on the response of CDHC. Meanwhile,I hope I'll be contacted next week.

@Delta007,
thx a lot. I already contacted the school for admission letter showing new start date,depending on the response of CDHC. I wanna wait till Monday to take my next step of action. The school's deferrment letter can get to me within 3days via courier. I
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by akinson77: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2011
Goodmorning to everyone in the house.
having read through the comments on this thread,i wish i could ask some few questions about life in Canada from the experienced people like Delta007,ayoade and whoever knows much about travelling and living in Canada.
I will be travelling to Canada in few weeks with 6months visa but I have the following questions:
1) How is life like for a Visiting Visa holder who might want to stay outhere?
2)Any possibility of getting jobs, if yes,what are the kinds of job that could be available and
3)Which part/state in Canada are such jobs much available with little or no immigration stress?
4) Do the immigration Officers at the POE request travellers to show the BTA on them, if Yes,like how much must I have to show as BTA at the POE?
5)Finally,I learnt that length of stay in Canada is being determined by the immigration officer at the POE and not necessarily the lenght indicated on the visa.I will therefore,like to know what determines their decision,especially in this my case of 6months visa.
Thanks for positive and constructive contributions as i look forward to responses from experienced hands.
Re: Travelling To Canada by dappyboy: 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2011
well Akinson am not in a position to answer ur questions because am hoping to also be in ur shoes, today makes it 21 working days that i have applied for a visiting visa, i sent it through DHL and have not heard anything from them although i confirmed the delivery of my application on the 10th of june, now am worried because am going there to attend a conference between 27th-30th of july, i seem not to know what to do anymore i thought they said the average processing times is 15days for a visitors visa!!!! house i need your suggestions.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2011
akinson77:

having read through the comments on this thread,i wish i could ask some few questions about life in Canada from the experienced people like Delta007,ayoade and whoever knows much about travelling and living in Canada.
I will be travelling to Canada in few weeks with 6months visa but I have the following questions:
2)Any possibility of getting jobs, if yes,what are the kinds of job that could be available and
3)Which part/state in Canada are such jobs much available with little or no immigration stress?
4) Do the immigration Officers at the POE request travellers to show the BTA on them, if Yes,like how much must I have to show as BTA at the POE?
5)Finally,I learnt that length of stay in Canada is being determined by the immigration officer at the POE and not necessarily the lenght indicated on the visa.I will therefore,like to know what determines their decision,especially in this my case of 6months visa.
Thanks for positive and constructive contributions as i look forward to responses from experienced hands.
1. Life is what you make of it, whether you are on a Visitor's visa or you are a citizen. Your stay in Canada depends on your intent.
2. It is a crime to work without the right papers. You will not be able to get a Social insurance number; so no employer will pay you unless you decide to go a crooked route for low-end jobs. I dunno if it's worth it; I doubt it. What are you aiming to achieve? $10/hr for how long?
3. The federal govt is responsible for immigration policies regardless of the city/state you intend to "visit".
4. BTA? What's that?
5. You are correct. Several variables and it depends on the border officer. Have your return ticket, hotel/residential address and intent of your visit very handy.

P.S. If I knew your intent, I may be able to give better answers. Goodluck with your trip!
Re: Travelling To Canada by nellydee: 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2011
n/a
Re: Travelling To Canada by shakers(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2011
Pls house is it too early now to submit application for someone that was offered january admission in canada? i was thinking about waiting till september, but if its ok to submit now i would rather do the submission now,,,
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2011
@ Delta

BTA is basic travel allowance, typically the amount of cash you have on you when you enter a country.

akinson77:

1. Staying permanently? Life can be quite hard. You can't get legal work and have to do jobs for cash and the like.
2. Low possibility, even menial jobs may not be available unless you get paid in cash by an employer who likes to take illegals and save on tax and insurance and the like.
3. If you want such jobs, you'd do well to stick to big cities with large immigrant populations - Toronto would be your best bet, though you might get away with it elsewhere like Ottawa.
4. Not usually, you may be asked to declare the cash you're bringing in, but they don't usually verify the amount. If you are picked for further scrutiny or checks then they might ask to see how much cash you have. My brother had this recent experience of being chosen for further scrutiny despite being an EU-passport holder and not requiring a visa.
5. Depending on the information you have available, but you are unlikely to be given more than 3 months at most on a 6 month visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2011
debosky:

@ Delta

BTA is basic travel allowance, typically the amount of cash you have on you when you enter a country.

1. Staying permanently? Life can be quite hard. You can't get legal work and have to do jobs for cash and the like.
2. Low possibility, even menial jobs may not be available unless you get paid in cash by an employer who likes to take illegals and save on tax and insurance and the like.
3. If you want such jobs, you'd do well to stick to big cities with large immigrant populations - Toronto would be your best bet, though you might get away with it elsewhere like Ottawa.
4. Not usually, you may be asked to declare the cash you're bringing in, but they don't usually verify the amount. If you are picked for further scrutiny or checks then they might ask to see how much cash you have. My brother had this recent experience of being chosen for further scrutiny despite being an EU-passport holder and not requiring a visa.
5. Depending on the information you have available, but you are unlikely to be given more than 3 months at most on a 6 month visa.
Chief, how far? Long time.

Good comments; however, 6 months stay is quite the norm; the shorter stays are the exceptions. It does not matter the Visa expiration. I've seen individuals given very short stays on a 1-2 yr visa and I've seen other individuals given 6mths (max) on a 1 month visa.

My additional response to "akinson" will be along the lines of legalizing his stay if he comes in on a visitor's visa. If his intent is to stay more permanently, I'd advice him to apply to a few institutions so that he can convert his visitor's visa to a study permit. This way, he does not run out of status and he "prepares" himself for the job market. Quite frankly, I do not think it is worth it to risk your future to work for peanuts with no end in sight.
Re: Travelling To Canada by akinson77: 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2011
@ Delta007 AND @debosky
I must express my gratitute for the sense of belonging given to my questions through your comprehensive and positive contributions.

@ Delta 007 AND @debosky,
I have HND in Elect/Elect Engineering and had done NYSC some years ago too.Will it be possible to enrol in any school on getting there cos i hav a limited time now to do that from here(Nigeria)?
As per my intention,i wish I could have my stay extended and,possibly,made it permanent with supporting jobs that offer reasonable pay.
Kindly put me through on this or possibly forward your mobile number or email add via SMS so that i can call you or add you on Ymessenger for comprehensive discussion. My mobile is 08064759576.Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
Delta007:

My additional response to "akinson" will be along the lines of legalizing his stay if he comes in on a visitor's visa. If his intent is to stay more permanently, I'd advice him to apply to a few institutions so that he can convert his visitor's visa to a study permit. This way, he does not run out of status and he "prepares" himself for the job market. Quite frankly, I do not think it is worth it to risk your future to work for peanuts with no end in sight.

@akinson77; conversion of status from "Visitor" to "Student" is not permitted after you have arrived Canada, especially for passport-holders of nationalities that require a visa to enter Canada. You can extend your stay as a "Visitor".

Also, forget about jobs on a visiting visa. It's against the rules of your visa. Few nationalities are eligible for working-holiday visit visas. If you have a Nigerian passport, you are currently not eligible.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 12:13am On Jul 12, 2011
Hello house,i must confess that i am very impress with the contribution of all the members of this house,especially delta007 and co, towards achieving each other's goal.i will be pleased to receive same advice from the members of the house.pls i need answers to the questions below as i want to apply for study permit;my program starts in january.
1)where should my birth certificate comes from:local govt/court or NPC(NATIONAL POPUATION COMMISSION).
2)i have been working for my maternal uncle after ss3 for 5yrs;and he is my sponsor.please what do i submit to prove that i have been working for him,since it is just a private business(we deals on hospital equipments).
3)The date of birth on my waec is different from that on my passport and admission letter.i need the one on my passport and admission letter.pls how do i tackle this?
All advice are needed.thanks in advance.Hello house,i must confess that i am very impress with the contribution of all the members of this house,especially delta007 and co, towards achieving each other's goal.i will be pleased to receive same advice from the members of the house.pls i need answers to the questions below as i want to apply for study permit;my program starts in january.
1)where should my birth certificate comes from:local govt/court or NPC(NATIONAL POPUATION COMMISSION).
2)i have been working for my maternal uncle after ss3 for 5yrs;and he is my sponsor.please what do i submit to prove that i have been working for him,since it is just a private business(we deals on hospital equipments).
3)The date of birth on my waec is different from that on my passport and admission letter.i need the one on my passport and admission letter.pls how do i tackle this?
All advice are needed.thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
Rare:

@akinson77; conversion of status from "Visitor" to "Student" is not permitted after you have arrived Canada, especially for passport-holders of nationalities that require a visa to enter Canada. You can extend your stay as a "Visitor".
This is absolutely[b] not true[/b]. With the required documents, a "visitor" can apply for a study permit thru Buffalo. The visitor will have to undergo medicals and when granted, he/she will flagpole to get his study visa. I have gone this route for a few of my clients and it is absolutely legal.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2011
@all
Still on waiting oh,this is 3months 2 weeks nothing yet oh.I was at the CDHC yesterday 11 jul, this is what I got from them and I quote "Pls wait a bit, we are still processing".House what do you see from this? Any chance for me as my Resumption date is 2 Aug.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
bashtee:

@all
Still on waiting oh,this is 3months 2 weeks nothing yet oh.I was at the CDHC yesterday 11 jul, this is what I got from them and I quote "Pls wait a bit, we are still processing".House what do you see from this? Any chance for me as my Resumption date is 2 Aug.
Have you done your medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
@delta007
No I haven't done Medicals, the alternate resumption date is 6 Sep
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2011
bashtee:

@delta007
No I haven't done Medicals, the alternate resumption date is 6 Sep
Aug 2 is not possible. September 6 is a possibility provided you do your medicals by early August.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.