Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (456966 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
@snuteria
check your mail.the affidavit covers sponsorship letter.
U can always ask questions if you need further help.
Re: Travelling To Canada by SeriaBravo: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
@debosky tanx,Am actually tilted towards research,also gettin fund is one of d motivation though cos I might not be able to handle d financial overhead personally.Am checkin those sch on AUCC ,wil kip u posted.tanx once again
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2011
@snuteria
he should send it directly.he should also include your following info:
NAME:
FILE NUMBER:
CONTACT NUMBER:
PASSPORT NUMBER:
VISA TYPE:STUDY PERMIT
DATE OF SUBMISSION:
DATE OF BIRTH:
cdhc e-mail is:lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca.That is if he will also send it through e-mail.he should include the above information even if it is through e-mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
@bullstriker, thanks man. just got it, i used a courier service so i dont know my file number. how can I get it.
Also. is it necessary for my cousin to send a photocopy of his passport along with the other documents to cdhc?
Re: Travelling To Canada by vic4vi(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2011
Just wondering how people cope with the cold in canada.
I am considering Uvictoria BC or Mcmaster Hamilton for Msc Biochemistry next year fall.
Lived all my life in temperature of about 28'C to 40'C (in the north).
Naijans who are in canada how easily can one adjust to extreme temp of below 10'C to -10'C because the tought of this really scares me.
Also what is the postgraduate employment scenario for some one with a research based Msc Biochemistry from Uvic or Mcmaster,
finally is it possible to get job at a province different from the province of your university.
Thanks all in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2011
@snuteria
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2011
@snuteria
use the waybill number.if it is dhl,u will see it on top of the receipt.
Anytime dude
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2011
snuteria:

@bullstriker, thanks man. just got it, i used a courier service so i dont know my file number. how can I get it.
Also. is it necessary for my cousin to send a photocopy of his passport along with the other documents to cdhc?

if the photocopy of his passport is readily available,he should put it to give more credibility.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
@bullstriker, @ all

thanks for your timely replies, i am very grateful, pls can u give me the address of the police headquarter (alagbon) at ikoyi, i want to get the police clerance certificate.
2) what other pension documents can i use to boost my application since my dad retired from NNPC
3) i wonder if my dad has C of O of his properties, can the embassy still accept the properties doc even though it does not have C of Os
thanks again, all contribution is appreciated,
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
@bullstriker @all
pls i am still waiting for your response to the above question o, in addition pls can anyone forward me a sample of letter of consent and sponsorship from sponsor which is different from affidafit of sponsorship, i already have sample of affidavit of sponsorship
thanks my mail ids is samtack77@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
Dont know what the situation could be i submitted my application last week i was just called up now that my application has been returned,
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2011
@cyline404,
Probably you have applied shorter than the speculated 3mths minimum processing time of the CDHC or you have failed to fill one of the forms or even maybe you did not include some dox.
stay calm,it is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
newacca:

@cyline404,
Probably you have applied shorter than the speculated 3mths minimum processing time of the CDHC or you have failed to fill one of the forms or even maybe you did not include some dox.
stay calm,it is well.

tHANKS BRO MY START DATE IS JAN 12TH AND I SUBMITTED LAST WEEK 22ND,
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
maybe one of the forms is faulty. u still have time to send d package again when u receive it. u can still make Jan.2012 intake.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
newacca:

maybe one of the forms is faulty. u still have time to send d package again when u receive it. u can still make Jan.2012 intake.

okay bro, would check on it tomorrow @ ups
Re: Travelling To Canada by vic4vi(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2011
I am considering Uvictoria BC or Mcmaster Hamilton for Msc Biochemistry next year fall.
Naijans who are in canada how easily can one adjust to extreme temp of below 10'C to -10'C because the tought of this really scares me.
Also what is the postgraduate employment scenario for some one with a research based Msc Biochemistry from Uvic or Mcmaster,
finally is it possible to get job at a province different from the province of your university.
Re: Travelling To Canada by isOSavvy(m): 12:06am On Sep 28, 2011
Mennnnn am still seeing some old user names on this forum. CHDC no dey try o.

@chukie O boy wetin dey happen na

@vic4vi speaking of Cold, Alberta(the province i am in) can drop as low as -30degrees and counting. That is on a good winter day o. Up North Alberta goes way beyond that. However there are thermal clothings over here which could cushion the frosting effect 2 a great extent. Indoors there are heaters and all to make one Cosy in such times.

As for the post grad question,  i Can't authoritatively speak on that. Probably someone else in that province will. U could also Google it. But its a good thing your doing your research o. Research very very well. I was in Toronto for 2 days, and i was shocked when i knew the qualifications of some persons doing menial jobs. These guys were speaking sharp, polished English and yet some of them were Restaurant attendants, cleaners e.t.c Some other guys i met were doing really well, making good cash. But one thing is for sure,  there is a lot of hard worked involved and you have to ask the right questions before you step out of Naija, just like your doing now.

@CHDC Abeg na Let my people Go!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by sovpounds(m): 12:31am On Sep 28, 2011
you can apply with the same passport. afterall with the new ecowas passport it should be impossible to get another passport unless your passport has expired or is missing. the amount in the statement should be enough to cover the cost of the programme.
Re: Travelling To Canada by fagbs: 5:02am On Sep 28, 2011
Please can somebody send me a sample of affidavit of sponsorship. The email address is fagbsbayo@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by dotman2(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2011
Hello house, pls how can someone pay for the application fee of the ( federal skilled worker scheme), pls its urgent, i need someone to pleaaaase answer, thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada by vic4vi(m): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2011
@iso-savvy thanks for your reply. Did you say -30 and counting hmm thats terrible oh, i have actually researched on the two cities am considering and since 1994 the temperature hasn't gone below -10'C but the thought anything minus still scares me. Anyway thanks once again for your response.
Other vetran in house please here is the question.
vic4vi:

Re: Travelling To Canada by seedgie(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2011
@isO_Savvy, hw is alberta? hope cool, pls I like to talk to u off d forum. I finished from uniport 2. guess u are in SAIT. dis is my email add ; seedgie@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2011
cycline404:

okay bro, would check on it tomorrow @ ups

@cyline,
pls let us know why they returned it because am just planing on applying my start date is january 9. i am still waiting for final decision and admission letter from my school SAIT, i just hope they didn't returned it because u applied late, this my SAIT school is really fucking up o, just pls let us know y.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2011
vic4vi:

In terms of weather, you probably won't get any better than UVic - it rarely goes below like 0C and if it does, rarely below -10C. Don't worry you'll adjust - everyone does eventually. grin

In terms of getting jobs with MSc Biochemistry, I have to say I don't know too much about this - you may want to do some research and speak to your prospective school about what jobs their graduates eventually go on to do. I would guess you could get a job with a research institute such as the National Research Council of Canada (I worked there for 18months during my MSc) or with pharmaceutical companies and the like - do your research properly so you know what options will be available to you before you leave.

In terms of jobs, the fact that McMaster is located closer to the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) may mean you have a better chance of getting a job after graduation, but then again there are no guarantees.

It is very possible to get a job in another province different from the province of your university, but it can be difficult - imagine you are living in Lagos and are applying for jobs in Dubai - it will cost you money and time to fly between those places, and sometimes the recruiters may only call people living in that province for interviews. However if the recruiter came to your university for example, then it's very possible to get a job in another province.

When I was in University in British Columbia, I did get a job in Ontario through a company I met at a university recruitment fair. It took them over 4 months to get back in touch with me, but I did get the job so it does happen, although not very frequently.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vic4vi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
Mazi Debo (aka the man who invented grammar), you have really lightened my mind with your reply, it was so extensive oh i forgot you invented grammar lol.
Thank you very much, how Arsenal thread and Dayo' lol, I know you there oh though i come in there once in a while, i am a through and through arsenal fan ooh just than Arsene has turned me into a laughing stock in my area, well in Arsene i still trust, please this isn't to derail the thread oh just the joy of who i know from another thread.
May be i should chip this in, what is it like commpeting with a PR or a citizen for the same job on a postgraduate work permit.
What comes into play here, qualification? Grades? Experience? Any general insight is also welcomed.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
vic4vi:

Mazi Debo (aka the man who invented grammar), you have really lightened my mind with your reply, it was so extensive oh i forgot you invented grammar lol.
Thank you very much, how Arsenal thread and Dayo' lol, I know you there oh though i come in there once in a while, i am a through and through arsenal fan ooh just than Arsene has turned me into a laughing stock in my area, well in Arsene i still trust, please this isn't to derail the thread oh just the joy of who i know from another thread.

No worries bro - always good to see a fellow Gooner. wink

May be i should chip this in, what is it like commpeting with a PR or a citizen for the same job on a postgraduate work permit.
What comes into play here, qualification? Grades? Experience? Any general insight is also welcomed.

It all depends - strictly speaking, it doesn't/shouldn't matter what your status is, be it PR citizen or work permit. What the employers are required to ask is whether 'you have legal authorization to work in Canada'. Once the answer to that is yes, then the specifics are not important.

Some employers will extend that to do you have 'unlimited/unrestricted' authorization to work in Canada, but that's quite rare.

In terms of competing though, it often comes down to something known as 'Canadian experience' - if you haven't worked in Canada before, even though you as an MSc were competing with a BSc who has done an internship in Canada, the BSc may have an edge over you.

The employment market is quite reliant on these types of contacts - internships, previous jobs, etc. Many/most jobs tend to get given out this way. This is not to say you can't get jobs without internships and the like, but if you can secure an internship during your study, DO IT!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by shakers(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2011
PLs house i submitted my package since sept 2nd 2011 thru fedex and i did not get any confirmation that it has been delivered or not, please is that normal with submitting by courier and they told me there at fedex that if the package is returned they will call me to come pick it up instead of delivering to my address,
are these normal,
thanks for your replys in advance,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2011
shakers:

PLs house i submitted my package since sept 2nd 2011 thru fedex and i did not get any confirmation that it has been delivered or not, please is that normal with submitting by courier and they told me there at fedex that if the package is returned they will call me to come pick it up instead of delivering to my address,
are you these normal,
thanks for your replys in advance,

Baby, its too early to start worrying about anything grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Travelling To Canada by joeburster: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
@vic4vi, i feel u worry more about things that are secondary to you at this moment, climate, job prospect n so on. I think you should be more concerned about securing an Msc biochem admission which is quite tough since its research based n next ur visa to leave the country when you get there you can relocate to anywhere that suites you
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
@all
pls am still waiting for SAIT final decision on my admission and my admission letter for Jan 2012 intake.pls @all can i still apply for the visa towards the end of october my start date is January 9
pls i need your contributions.
Re: Travelling To Canada by vic4vi(m): 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2011
@Debosky thanks mehn, you are simply the best.

@joeburster please don't mind me, just that i like geting informed before anything i do no matter how trivial or secondary it is.

@all best luck in all your pursuit both those still waiting for their permit and those already in Canada. Will join you guyz hopely next fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada by ntwk: 2:44am On Sep 29, 2011
@bullstricker & Sunetra, kindly forward a sample of d letter of sponsor and other required docs to segmato@gmail.com
your quick response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (189)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.