Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? (9735 Views)

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Should Muslims Celebrate Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
Exponental: "To avoid being banned, pls ensure your post is not offensive to Islam."

@above
why not close d thread instead! I have never seen this on a christian thread before......why

I reserve my comment till d rainy day!!!
i wonder why we dont have the same thing for christianity too. Islam is so protected in here and i think it is a problem. This goes to show that muslims need reformation to understand that they do not have to take evry thing said against their religion seriously.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by usayab(m): 6:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
Islam is a religeon of peace. If it can promote peace in where you are carry on! "....Actions are judge according to intention.....". by buhari and muslim. Christians do come out to celebrate sallah with us in our place.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by BetaThings: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
souldust: i wonder why we dont have the same thing for christianity too. Islam is so protected in here and i think it is a problem. This goes to show that muslims need reformation to understand that they do not have to take evry thing said against their religion seriously.

Why do we not ask people to repress the urge to insult others
That is easier to accomplish than to ask the offended to ignore insults

2 Likes

Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by BetaThings: 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
9icest: Islam has been turned a religion of DONTS, HARAM, and other loads of abominations....
If you keep living your life on such concepts, then you definitely arent ALIVE....
If celebrating lovers day is a sin: then I think God shouldnt have created mankind at all....

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

This is an opinion surely
Muslims believe that God created us and gave us guidance and we believe God's guidance should be weightier than the opinion of a human being
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by BetaThings: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
iv4fb: well, to be realistic, i've seen muslims celebrate christmas. in fact in my hood, all the 'knockouts' and 'bangers' during xmas were from them. that said, i believe most of them will celebrate valentine's day
So what were they celebrating?
And Christians were keeping quiet when Muslims were celebrating Christmas with "Bangers"?
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by abarry001: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
SlyIg: Why not ...
If not ...
What was Amina to Mohammed SAW.

Do u knw what u re saying at all? If u don't know islamic ruling on some issues, its beta u keep mute than using ur instinct to judge,
Amina was prophet muhamed's mother not a wife.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by walelamina: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
We don't need a Valentine's Day. Because Allaah has given us everyday to love our partners."NO V̶a̶l̶e̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶D̶a̶y. I want to love my future wife everyday, not once a year."
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by survival1(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
SlyIg: Why not ...
If not ...
What was Amina to Mohammed SAW.
MOTHER.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by CGKing(m): 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lai la hi lala
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by gseintegrity(m): 10:17am On Feb 09, 2013
scribble:

Very astute observation. After all xmas is all about knockout, banger and eating chicken
Either you celebrate valentine or not,either you're a religionist being a muslim,christian,pagan or not, except you repent, You shall all likewise perish!

1 Like

Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by Tijanik: 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
I believed valentine celebration is not a matter of being a muslim or a christian. It's neither Biblical nor Quranic but a true life story of two lovers. However, i dont believe in a special day for celebrating one's love. Rather, our love should be CELEBRATED every day.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by hadbak: 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
BetaThings:

This is an opinion surely
Muslims believe that God created us and gave us guidance and we believe God's guidance should be weightier than the opinion of a human being
they don't know d purpose of life n y God created them..I really pity them.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by Paschal007: 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2013
^^@hadbak what's up? Will you be my Val? grin grin
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by hadbak: 12:32am On Feb 10, 2013
Paschal007: ^^@hadbak what's up? Will you be my Val? grin grin
OMG! Yeas, I will be ur val...
in ur dreams!!!
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by Paschal007: 1:17am On Feb 10, 2013
hadbak: OMG! Yeas, I will be ur val...
in ur dreams!!!
Hey c'mon, it's just exchange of gifts or something like that. I possibly can't see any harm done. What do u say? smiley
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by Sexxydivaa: 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2013
mutaalim: No, a sincere Muslim should not celebrate valentine

By the way what is the meaning of valentine from their mouth ( a day to show love)

But in islam everyday of your life you have to show love, expression, devotion, partiality, emotion, enchantment, pash, adulation and enjoyment to your beloved wife/ husband not boyfriend / girlfriend.

Regards
So valentine day shouldn't be an exception
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by Sexxydivaa: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
I love D Islam section on Nl.. More lik my lil candle.
Now I know better!!!

Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by tpia5: 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
@ thread

this same discussion was held at christmas. I think the bone of contention is, muslims should or should not be celebrating or acknowledging holidays celebrated by christians.

its a topic for debate.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by hadbak: 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
Paschal007: Hey c'mon, it's just exchange of gifts or something like that. I possibly can't see any harm done. What do u say? smiley
my dear, I don't celebrate val I'm a muslim sorry.
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by hadbak: 1:02am On Feb 11, 2013
@ OP...valentine has nothing to do with Al-Islam, therfore it should have nothing to do with muslims..its an Eid celebrated by non-muslim that promote infatuations which calls for the heart to be pre-ocupy with haram matters dat leads to immorality(haram relationship)
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by ChristKid1: 10:32am On Feb 11, 2013
Sexxydivaa: I love D Islam section on Nl.. More lik my lil candle.
Now I know better!!! www.nairaland.com/attachments/983345_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687
hehehe all this while you were doing val you didn't know you are a muslim? Either your bf is broke or you were dumped. No wonder you are doing all this repentance stuff. Lil candle ni, biggie candle ko
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by vedaxcool(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
^
If u got banned now, u will shout intolerance, yet how does your personal attacks adds any value to the thread? Eh? Is this how christ will behave if addressing issues? Mr. Christ"kid"?
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by Desloaaa(f): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
Chris†Kid:
hehehe all this while you were doing val you didn't know you are a muslim? Either your bf is broke or you were dumped. No wonder you are doing all this repentance stuff. Lil candle ni, biggie candle ko
so only d broke n dumped do not celebrate valentine.u must really be a KID!
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by ChristKid1: 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
vedaxcool: ^
If u got banned now, u will shout intolerance, yet how does your personal attacks adds any value to the thread? Eh? Is this how christ will behave if addressing issues? Mr. Christ"kid"?
Don't worry about that if i wanna get banned i know what to say besides you have no moral right to preach to me about personal attacks or intolerance. About my name maybe i should change it too holy for me. Change it to something like kidaxcool?
Re: Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? by olawalebabs(m): 9:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
If he or she celebrates you only on val day, know that you never reach bus stop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Menses And Ramadan / Du'a When Stopping Or Lodging Somewhere / Polygamy As An Advantage To Innocent Women By Taofeek Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.