Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart (10292 Views)

93-year-old Man Reunited With Lost Love After Over 70 Years / Couple Takes Pic At The Same Place 51 Years Apart. / Couple Pose For Picture In The Same Place, 51 Years Apart. Amazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by na2day(m): 11:36am On Feb 08, 2013
[size=13pt]A Russian couple were reunited after being separated for 60 years shocked. They were married for 3 days when the husband left to join the Red Army. They were unable to find each other until 60 years later when they randomly visited their hometown on the same day[/size]

When Anna Kozlov caught sight of the elderly man clambering out of a car in her home village of Borovlyanka in Siberia, she stopped dead in her tracks, convinced her eyes were playing tricks.

There, in front of her, was Boris, the man she had fallen in love with and married 60 years earlier. The last time she had seen him was three days after their wedding, when she kissed him goodbye and sent him off to rejoin his Red Army unit.

By the time he returned, Anna was gone, consigned by Stalin’s purges to internal exile in Siberia with the rest of her family as an enemy of the people. They left no forwarding address.

Frantic, Boris tried everything he could to find his young bride, but it was no good. She was gone.

Now, more than half a century later, they were reunited, an extraordinary coincidence leading them both to return to their home village on the very same day.

“I thought my eyes were playing games with me,” Anna said. “I saw this familiar looking man approaching me, his eyes gazing at me. My heart jumped. I knew it was him. I was crying with joy.”

Now 80 years old, Boris had returned to visit his parents’ grave. As he stepped out of the car, he looked up to see Anna standing by her old house, where they had lived for the few days after the wedding.

“I ran up to her and said: 'My darling, I’ve been waiting for you for so long. My wife, my life...’”

They stayed up all night, talking about everything that had happened to them and the cruel circumstances that tore them apart. They met when he was secretary of the Young Communists and had to make a speech in the village.

Afterwards, she was standing there in a circle of friends, but he had eyes only for her. Her father had been purged by Stalin before the war for refusing to work in a collective farm, but Boris did not care. She was too beautiful for words. “I loved her and would always defend her,” he recalled.

So the romance blossomed. When he came home from the front, she was always there, waiting. In 1946, they married. It was a hasty wedding; there was no time for anything else and they could not afford anything grand in those hard years after the war.

Three days later, he had to return to his unit. “We kissed goodbye - but I never expected we wouldn’t see each other for more than half a century,” Anna said.

A little while later, the state caught up with her. Like her father, she was branded an enemy of the people and forced with the rest of her family into internal exile in Siberia.

“I threatened to commit suicide rather than go because I couldn’t live without him,” she said, “but in the end I was forced to go. It was the most miserable time of my life.”

On his return, Boris was distraught. “She was always waiting for me when I came home, but this time there was no sign of her,” he said. “Nobody knew where they were, or what had happened to Anna. That’s how we lost any track of each other”.

In their new village, Anna’s mother resolved that the girl should remarry. She told her that Boris had remarried. “She said he had forgotten about me - that’s why no letters came.

“I didn’t believe it and I longed for him so much. But one day I got back home from work at a timber plant and my mum had burned all his earlier letters, poems and pictures - including our wedding photographs.

“She told me this other man was coming to meet me - and that I should go out with him, and if I was lucky, he’d marry me. I burst into tears and rushed into the yard. The world turned black for me. I wanted to die and I got a clothes line and went into the hayloft intending to hang myself.

“My mother came in and slapped me in the face and told me not to be so stupid. She persuaded me to go out with this man, Nefed, and gradually he and my mother persuaded me that this was where my future lay.”

Boris, too, finally gave in and re-married. He became a writer, penning a book dedicated to the woman he’d married as a young soldier but only ever spent three nights with.

In time, their respective spouses died. With the demise of the Soviet Union, Anna was once more able to travel home. Then came the chance reunion. “I felt the same when we met last year,” Boris said. “I couldn’t take my eyes off her. Yes I had loved other women when we were separated. But she was the true love of my life.”

He suggested they marry again. Anna resisted, but says he talked her round. “What’s the point, I said, we can just live together they rest of our lives? But he insisted. I never thought I’d be a bride at my age but it was my happiest wedding.

“Since we found each other again, I swear we haven’t had a single quarrel. We’ve been parted for so long and who knows how much is left for us, so we just don’t want to lose time on arguing.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1575382/Russian-couple-reunited-after-60-years-apart.html

5 Likes

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Dreal1247: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
Unbelievable, yet true. I wish dem well.

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by oyinbogirl(f): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Must be fate
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Charlesnerd: 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmmmm...true love.happens once in a blue moon...Fate happened on their respective spouses,kept them single and brought them back to the village on the same day.Sometimes,the universe conspires to make things happen in favor of some people,this is a typical case.

3 Likes

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
How will this help Nigeria win Afcon

7 Likes

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Itunup(f): 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
Beyond what lyrics can explain.hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by SELFWORTH: 4:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
Genuine love does last!

If it was the fictitious (sex fuelled) 'love' of nowadays, it will burn out in no time.

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by topmostg: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
How can this change the fact that the price of garri is high.
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by touchmeder: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
Oh dear all those years spent apart embarassed embarassed Oh well better late than never
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Chegunn(m): 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
Touching and motivating!!
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by omiobo: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
It is that Lord's doing,

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Grendel(m): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
No be for Nija shocked shocked
The man for don marry anoda woman
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by TeeSeven(m): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
Amazing story! Even their other spouses had died!
I wish them the best.
Eyin iyawo k'o ni m'eni o!
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Asis(m): 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Charles.nerd:
Hmmmmm...true love.happens once in a blue moon...Fate happened on their respective spouses,kept them single and brought them back to the village on the same day.Sometimes,the universe conspires to make things happen in favor of some people,this is a typical case.
well said,but wouldn't agree with fact that,the universe "conspires" to favour some persons,wrong word to use I suppose,cuz the universe is never wrong..
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Sike(m): 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
Re-unite? After 60yrs?! For what again if i may ask? Why dem no kuku delay dat so-called ReUnion till dey meet in heaven. Na wa o!
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by doctorcollabo(m): 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
Will they still do wot they didn't do well in 3days : smiley)
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sooner or later,they will give birth and become the oldest parent in the world.nawao

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by ogele: 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
Tears just rolled down my chick. From now I will show more to my wife. God bless them both, n God bless my dear lovely wife

4 Likes

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by pekelepekele(m): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Now that the man joystick is probably failing and the woman has already passed her menopause they now reunited . Ogun afi akoko eni sofo ki Olorun bawa fibu
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by JallowBah(f): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sike: Re-unite? After 60yrs?! For what again if i may ask? Why dem no kuku delay dat so-called ReUnion till dey meet in heaven. Na wa o!

They are given a second chance to spend the rest of their life together. How that is a bad thing, I really can not see..
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Asis(m): 5:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
ogele: Tears just rolled down my chick. From now I will show more to my wife. God bless them both, n God bless my dear lovely wife
Amen
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by ANYPEN(m): 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
what a love story! this is more than super story o!
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by ANYPEN(m): 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
pekelepekele: Now that the man joystick is probably failing and the woman has already passed her menopause they now reunited . Ogun afi akoko eni sofo ki Olorun bawa fibu

Why can't you try and think outside the box even if it is gonna be for a second in the whole of your lifetime. Think outside sex when there is a talk about a male and female. this will help you!

2 Likes

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Pennywise(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
If life had taken a normal course, they probably would have been divorced by now or the man would have died from matrimonial related hypertension.

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by Geeeee3: 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
Izrhiell: How will this help Nigeria win Afcon
haba friend must u comment? Waka pass if u no get wetin 2 talk.

3 Likes

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by naijathings(m): 6:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
Imagine the terrible anguish that followed the first years of being apart.

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by slimyem: 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmn..
Reminds me of the movie "Letters to Juliet"smiley

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by PastorAji(m): 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
pekelepekele: Now that the man joystick is probably failing and the woman has already passed her menopause they now reunited . Ogun afi akoko eni sofo ki Olorun bawa fibu
Aaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeennnnnn fire!!!!!!
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by skales(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
Dis would make a good nollywood script I swear.... Dials emem isong's mobile p
Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by rodeo0070(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
Love will always find a way...
I'm happy for them. Very touching...

1 Like

Re: Russian Couple Reunited After 60 Years Apart by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sheeding tears.amazing love story

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Inside Luxurious Bus: Dirty Secret In Night Journey / Fvck Mates... Do They Really Exist Here. Share Your Experiences / Is It Right For A Woman To Kiss Her Son Like This (photos)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.