Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,537 members, 7,865,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (144773 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam:
..just because it was recorded that Abraham tithed once doesn't mean He did not give to God at other times.The bible recorded Abraham as a friend of God(heavy statement).

Ask yourself, how Abraham could have tithed in the absence of a priest?we know Abraham had direct interaction with God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: look @ what Apostle paul taught "don't you know that those who work in the temple(levites) get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar (priests) share in what is offered on the altar? In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel. That was why i said the principle never changed...it was only the priesthood that did change.

Here you quoted 1 Corinthians 9:14 and paralleled it with the Old Testament Levites and Priests. The first question to you is, do you or your tithe teaching pastors practice today's tithing you paralleled with 1 Corinthians 9:14 according to or AS SPECIFICALLY COMMANDED IN THE LAW OF MOSES Look at how is was commanded in the LAW of MOSES,

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, [even] a tenth [part] of the tithe. And [this] your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though [it were] the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress. Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering to Aaron the priest. - Numbers 18:25-28

There you have it! The Levites gets the tithe and give TENTH PART of the tithe to Aaron the priest. Now, if you are telling us that what Paul was saying is SPECIFICALLY THE OLD TESTAMENT TITHING, then it will mean the in today's context, it is the workers like ushers, choirs, sunday school teachers, etc etc that will be the today's levites while the pastors will be the priest. So the workers gets the tithes and give tenth part to the pastors. NO

Two. When that scripture in 1 Corinthians 9:14 said "Even so has the Lord ordained that they who preach the gospel should live of the gospel". Your problem is you don't study in order to rightly divide the word of truth. Now, you need to go back to where the Lord ordained and gave the instruction that those who preach the gospel should live of the gospel and tell whether it means PEOPLE SHOULD TITHE TO THOSE WHO PREACH THE GOSPEL or it means something else. Now, here is where the Lord ordained those who preached the gospel should live of it,

New International Version (©1984)
Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house. "When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. - Luke 10:7-8

Again, DID YOU READ THE MENTION OF TITHE (10% of income) OF THOSE THAT WELCOMES YOU TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THEM IN THIS CONTEXT. It simply says "WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU" - This is further narrowed down to CHEERFUL GIVING OF THE PEOPLE WE'VE BEEN HAMMERING ON, IT IS A GIVING BASED ON GRACE AND WHOLE HEARTEDNESS. The Lord (Jesus) did NOT SPECIFICALLY mentioned tithing and Paul DID NOT MENTION TITHING ALSO.

Three. You said those who work in the temple are levites...and those who serve at the altar are priests. In the New Testament, do we have Levites and Priest AMONG the ministry gifts? Are Levites and priest among what Christ gave to the CHURCH in Ephesians 4:11? Need you be reminded that ALL Christians are NOW made kings and priests unto God?

Four. I AGREE with you that the CONCEPT OR PURPOSE (which you referred to as PRINCIPLE) for which the Old Testament levites and priests were taken care of is what Paul was referring to BUT SINCE THERE'S NO MENTION OF THE WORD "TITHE" IN THAT CONTEXT, and AS PAUL PARALLELED WITH WHAT THE LORD ORDAINED AS I SHOWED YOU IN LUKE, then we must rightly divide the word of truth that SUPPORT FOR THOSE WHO PREACH THE GOSPEL is what is taught by Paul WITHOUT COLLECTING 10% OF PEOPLE'S INCOME BUT AS TO "WHATEVER" THE PEOPLE GIVE TO THOSE WHO PREACH THE GOSPEL.....as seen in Luke.

Five. Your whole argument in 1 Corinthians 9:14 is flawed from your same argument in Hebrews 7:12. If you are saying what 1 Corinthians 9:14 is saying is that IT MUST BE BY TITHE that those who preach the gospel should live by, THEN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HEBREWS 7:12 SHOWS UP......THERE MUST ALSO BE CHANGED OF LAW ALSO. The law MUST change from receiving tithe to SOMETHING ELSE. What it has CHANGED TO is WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU which is Grace based giving so God can bless those who receive the gospel.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam:
..but one thing is certain in scriptures Abraham obeyed God in every aspect of the word(gen 12,gen14,gen15,gen17,gen18,gen22)..lesson learnt is i rather obey God than mere men.

Abraham obeyed God. Did God tell Abraham to tithe? Nobody is saying you should not obey God, when did God say you should tithe? You have only succeeded in obeying your pastor.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
christemmbassey: I THANK God this is an open forum and I believe a lot of decent ppl are following this thread. You asked for bible portion where Paul pleaded ignorance for persecuting the church, i quoted 1Tim1:12-13, a very clear scripture and you went ahead to bring in unrelated verses and you say i twist scriptures? let decent ppl look at 1Tim1:13 and see between you and I who is a twister of the word. GOD bless you.
and i still maintain there is a difference between PLEADING IGNORANTLY AND ACTING IGNORANTLY...pls humor me and google the phrase..stop bastardising scriptures..Paul knew the law..what he didn't know was the REVELATION OF CHRIST...so NOT knowing the law is pleading ignorantly and reading the bible like a newspaper without a revelation of its proper application in Christ is ACTING IGNORANLTY.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

Abraham obeyed God. Did God tell Abraham to tithe? Nobody is saying you should not obey God, when did God say you should tithe? You have only succeeded in obeying your pastor.
this tithing issue is making you judge a brother erroneously..are you saying am not able to hear clearly from God on what to do and what not to do? Are you the Holy Spirit? For your info my pastor never told me that..It was a conviction from my heart after i gave my life to God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ Bidam,

You have been quoting "levi paid tithe IN Abraham..." Hebrews 7:9. Did you read the next verse in context? Did Levi PAID TITHE PHSYICALLY, LITERALLY

New Living Translation (©2007)
For although Levi wasn't born yet, the seed from which he came was in Abraham's body when Melchizedek collected the tithe from him. - Hebrews 7:10

The spiritual meaning is like that of the same argument that when Adam sinned, we all sinned because the whole human kind was IN Adam - That is what is called rabbinical hermeneutics or exegesis. So also, when Christ did a redemptive work on Calvary, we are ALL made righteous IN Christ. Whatever Christ did is what made us who we are as Christians IN CHRIST, NOT BY FLESH ACCORDING TO THE WORKS OF ABRAHAM BUT BY FAITH IN CHRIST. Levi was Abraham's seed ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, we are ABRAHAM'S SEED ACCORDING TO FAITH THROUGH CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
Goshen360: @ Bidam,

You have been quoting "levi paid tithe IN Abraham..." Hebrews 7:9. Did you read the next verse in context? Did Levi PAID TITHE PHSYICALLY, LITERALLY

New Living Translation (©2007)
For although Levi wasn't born yet, the seed from which he came was in Abraham's body when Melchizedek collected the tithe from him. - Hebrews 7:10

The spiritual meaning is like that of the same argument that when Adam sinned, we all sinned because the whole human kind was IN Adam - That is what is called rabbinical hermeneutics or exegesis. So also, when Christ did a redemptive work on Calvary, we are ALL made righteous IN Christ. Whatever Christ did is what made us who we are as Christians IN CHRIST, NOT BY FLESH ACCORDING TO THE WORKS OF ABRAHAM BUT BY FAITH IN CHRIST. Levi was Abraham's seed ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, we are ABRAHAM'S SEED ACCORDING TO FAITH THROUGH CHRIST.
Yes...Faith through Christ is the word and that was why i said it is a spiritual principle that connects us back to the first man(Adam)..remember i said God uses natural acts of obedience on earth to connect us to heavenly blessing and purpose...and i still believe that things like marriage, worship,clothing,tithing, human government, and other foundations all have their beginnings in the Book of Genesis.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: this tithing issue is making you judge a brother erroneously..are you saying am not able to hear clearly from God on what to do and what not to do? Are you the Holy Spirit? For your info my pastor never told me that..It was a conviction from my heart after i gave my life to God.

No vex. It's not my fault na. You did not explain that your tithing was a direct instruction from God. It's because you have been trying to justify it with the bible. And I will respond if you continue to quote the bible.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

Ask yourself, how Abraham could have tithed in the absence of a priest?we know Abraham had direct interaction with God.
priests are meant to offer sacrifices as a mediator between God and man...Abraham offered sacrifices to God even though God never instituted the office of a priest at that time...look @ God's intent and purpose even before the levi came on the scene..."you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation."(exodus19:6).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: Yes...Faith through Christ is the word and that was why i said it is a spiritual principle that connects us back to the first man(Adam)..remember i said God uses natural acts of obedience on earth to connect us to heavenly blessing and purpose...and i still believe that things like marriage, worship,clothing,tithing, human government, and other foundations all have their beginnings in the Book of Genesis.

Have told you before, this copy and paste approach will take you nowhere. The post above is meaningless. What has connection to Adam or marriage, clothing & tithing having beginnings in Genesis got to do with Christian tithing? If you must quote someone teachings, first understand what that person was trying to achieve.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: priests are meant to offer sacrifices as a mediator between God and man...Abraham offered sacrifices to God even though God never instituted the office of a priest at that time...look @ God's intent and purpose even before the levi came on the scene..."you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation."(exodus19:6).

My question was who received Abrahams tithe. was God collecting Abraham's tithe himself? In what form was the tithe rendered? Since you are so sure that Abraham tithed, you can tell us how.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: and i still maintain there is a difference between PLEADING IGNORANTLY AND ACTING IGNORANTLY...pls humor me and google the phrase..stop bastardising scriptures..Paul knew the law..what he didn't know was the REVELATION OF CHRIST...so NOT knowing the law is pleading ignorantly and reading the bible like a newspaper without a revelation of its proper application in Christ is ACTING IGNORANLTY.
my brother, is it ur cognition or you delibrately want to be mischievous? Now i said "Paul PLEADED IGNORANCE", I never said- "Paul pleaded IGNORANTLY", OMG, I dont even know who am conversing with, if you cant understand this very simple statement, what will you understand? I've been wasting my time all these while. Wetin i no go see 4 NL..
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
THIS WAS MY POST - .[/quote]Paul pleaded ignorance, i wonder wha Bidan et al will plead, GREED? Stiff neckedness or bandwagon effects.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
AND THIS WAS URS
Bidam: can you show us the scripture where paul pleaded ignorance?
pls show me where you got the word 'IGNORANTLY' ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
1Tim1:13
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
AND THIS WAS URS
pls show me where you got the word 'IGNORANTLY' ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: Yes...Faith through Christ is the word and that was why i said it is a spiritual principle that connects us back to the first man(Adam)..remember i said God uses natural acts of obedience on earth to connect us to heavenly blessing and purpose...and i still believe that things like marriage, worship,clothing,tithing, humanLLPgovernment, and other foundations all have their beginnings in the Book of Genesis.

Bidam, nobody here is arguing whether tithing or giving IS NOT A SPIRITUAL PRINCIPLE OR NOT. The point here is, IF THE PRIESTHOOD (of those commanded to TAKE TITHE) CHANGES, and scriptures says THE LAW ALSO MUST CHANGE. The question you asked was, what law was it that MUST CHANGE? You need not go to far, read with the context of Hebrews 7, that law includes the requirement for priesthood + commandment to TAKE TITHE ACCORDING TO THE LAW, verse 5 + every other law regulating the priesthood.

It is very clear change of priesthood EQUALS CHANGE OF THE LAW - THE ENTIRE LAW. You agree the priesthood is CHANGED but you don't agree the PERCENTAGE OF OUR GIVING IS CHANGED TO ANYTHING AS A MAN PURPOSE IN HIS HEART. You still argue the percentage MUST be 10. There's nothing like that in the New testament bro.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
Goshen360: Bidam, Bidam....I dey feel your groove o. grin But wait for me....I dey come grin The ONLY thing I beg of you is, please stay with this thread because your other colleagues has vacated even the one that started the tithe thread. But make sure you still till the end so we/I can expose you properly..... grin
i dey here na, you no see me? are you no more enjoying bidam my brother's company? He's capable of handling all the darkness here with his light, don't you think? i answered your pikin's copy and paste and he almost died.Don't send weaklings to me please, send me honest people ehn or come in person.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
Image123:
i dey here na, you no see me? are you no more enjoying bidam my brother's company? He's capable of handling all the darkness here with his light, don't you think? i answered your pikin's copy and paste and he almost died.Don't send weaklings to me please, send me honest people ehn or come in person.

grin grin grin You! I can't but love you naw. Abi wetin you think? So my anointed challenge don call you to come back abi? grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 24, 2013
Five. Your whole argument in 1 Corinthians 9:14 is flawed from your same argument in Hebrews 7:12. If you are saying what 1 Corinthians 9:14 is saying is that IT MUST BE BY TITHE that those who preach the gospel should live by, THEN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HEBREWS 7:12 SHOWS UP......THERE MUST ALSO BE CHANGED OF LAW ALSO. The law MUST change from receiving tithe to SOMETHING ELSE. What it has CHANGED TO is WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU which is Grace based giving so God can bless those who receive the gospel.
[/quote

Try and simplify your quotes...i tend to get bored if you go lengthy in your exegesis..but from what i gathered from your post..i will respond the best way i can..sorry i had a network difficulty and am not on a computer.....Paul wrote heb7 to show that the money the church was entitled to included the tithes that previously had the been paid by the levited...(1tim5:17-18)the expression DOUBLE HONOR refers to salary/wages...my question is does God expect christian to give LESS THAN carnal isrealites? And i still maintain my stand taht the levitical priesthood was changed and the LEVITICAL SACRIFICES becos of the sins of the people..the principles never did...Jesus offered himself as the sacrificial Lamb for our sins...look @(jer 7:22-26) it gave a clear example of what God wanted which is OBEDIENCE..ISREAL REFUSED TO OBEY GOD CONCERNING THE LAW(10 commandments). He now instituted sacrifice..so it wasn't the Law that Jesus came to Abolish rather He came to fufill them..cos on that hangs the Law and prophets..remember that the commandments were given even before the levitical priesthood came on the scene..isreal disobedience necessitated a NEW CONVENANT(JER 31:31-33)...AND ALSO TITHES IS NOT LIMITED TO AGRIC PRODUCE(PROV3:9-10,HEB 7:4,LUKE 18:12) Don't forget God owns everything(haggai 2:8,ps 24:1)that reminds me if you say ALL THE LAW IS ABOLISHED then presnt day male circumcision(which medical experts approved) should be abolished..or are you telling us you are uncircumcised?It is the keeping of the commandments that God is after.Jesus says obedience must be from the heart rather than technical observance of the Law(mat 5:21-23,27-28,31-32;33-34;38-42;43-47)..since we are not under the law but under grace Christians are encouraged to give tithes and offerings to the Church(Christ body) so the church will lack nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by brilapluz(m): 2:05am On Feb 24, 2013
Bidam:

[/quote

Try and simplify your quotes...i tend to get bored if you go lengthy in your exegesis..but from what i gathered from your post..i will respond the best way i can..sorry i had a network difficulty and am not on a computer.....Paul wrote heb7 to show that the money the church was entitled to included the tithes that previously had the been paid by the levited...(1tim5:17-18)the expression DOUBLE HONOR refers to salary/wages...my question is does God expect christian to give LESS THAN carnal isrealites? And i still maintain my stand taht the levitical priesthood was changed and the LEVITICAL SACRIFICES becos of the sins of the people..the principles never did...Jesus offered himself as the sacrificial Lamb for our sins...look @(jer 7:22-26) it gave a clear example of what God wanted which is OBEDIENCE..ISREAL REFUSED TO OBEY GOD CONCERNING THE LAW(10 commandments). He now instituted sacrifice..so it wasn't the Law that Jesus came to Abolish rather He came to fufill them..cos on that hangs the Law and prophets..remember that the commandments were given even before the levitical priesthood came on the scene..isreal disobedience necessitated a NEW CONVENANT(JER 31:31-33)...AND ALSO TITHES IS NOT LIMITED TO AGRIC PRODUCE(PROV3:9-10,HEB 7:4,LUKE 18:12) Don't forget God owns everything(haggai 2:8,ps 24:1)that reminds me if you say ALL THE LAW IS ABOLISHED then presnt day male circumcision(which medical experts approved) should be abolished..or are you telling us you are uncircumcised?It is the keeping of the commandments that God is after.Jesus says obedience must be from the heart rather than technical observance of the Law(mat 5:21-23,27-28,31-32;33-34;38-42;43-47)..since we are not under the law but under grace Christians are encouraged to give tithes and offerings to the Church(Christ body) so the church will lack nothing.
*shakes head* where in d scriptures,in d new covenant,was it stated dat christians r'encouraged' 2 pay tithes and 2 who?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 24, 2013
christemmbassey: my brother, is it ur cognition or you delibrately want to be mischievous? Now i said "Paul PLEADED IGNORANCE", I never said- "Paul pleaded IGNORANTLY", OMG, I dont even know who am conversing with, if you cant understand this very simple statement, what will you understand? I've been wasting my time all these while. Wetin i no go see 4 NL..
the bacslidder is full of his ways..the key word is pleaded..pls show us another translation where it is used in that context..mr christemmbassy or whateva ur name implies.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 24, 2013
brilapluz:
*shakes head* where in d scriptures,in d new covenant,was it stated dat christians r'encouraged' 2 pay tithes and 2 who?
you pay your tithes to Jesus(He is our High priest).heb7:21..the church is the body of Christ(your local assembly)I Tim 5:17-18.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 24, 2013
brilapluz:
brilapluz:
you pay your tithes to Jesus(He is our High priest).heb7:21..the church is the body of Christ(your local assembly)I Tim 5:17-18.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 24, 2013
Zikkyy:

Have told you before, this copy and paste approach will take you nowhere. The post above is meaningless. What has connection to Adam or marriage, clothing & tithing having beginnings in Genesis got to do with Christian tithing? If you must quote someone teachings, first understand what that person was trying to achieve.
i said before father/son relationship maybe u refuse to see that or ignored it when you started preaching your logical sermons..and yes Adam was the first human creation so evrything goes back to him cos we are from him or do you have a contrary opinion?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:15am On Feb 24, 2013
Zikkyy:

No vex. It's not my fault na. You did not explain that your tithing was a direct instruction from God. It's because you have been trying to justify it with the bible. And I will respond if you continue to quote the bible.
am not justifying anything..the bible is explicitly clear on tithes..Jesus even went further to tell you guys it shuldn't be a difficult thing to practise since the hypocritical pharisee made it their lifestyle(mat 23:23)..He said your righteousness shuld exceed the pharisee..The only requirement i can see so far concerning the teachings and saying of Jesus and others is that it is not mandated to follow OT rules about crimes and punishments, warefare, slavery, diet,circumcision, sacrifice, feastdays, sabbath observance,ritual cleanness(john1:16-17;acts 13:39; rom2:25-29;8:1-4; 1 cor9:19-21;gal2:15-16;eph2:15)..but NOT on tithes and offerings.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by brilapluz(m): 3:37am On Feb 24, 2013
Bidam: you pay your tithes to Jesus(He is our High priest).heb7:21..the church is the body of Christ(your local assembly)I Tim 5:17-18.

ok..heb 7:21 ordains jesus as the new high priest by oath from God,there was no place in the entire hebrew 7 where jesus was to be given tithes or made to prepare any burned offering on to God,infact tithes and sacrifices were actually given to priests and levites who were still alive..it was also given inorder to care for their well-being(food and water)numbers 18:21-27 in the time of the old covenant[b](since they had no inheritance in that land and were also strangers)[/b] but jesus is a high priest by heb7:23-27,jesus is unlike the other priests of the old covenant who still received tithes(a tenth of everthing from the land lev 27:30)..secondly,1 tim 5:17-18,paul said the 'elders' in church deserve double "honour"(great respect, regard, esteem) and also,like every diligent worker, deserves wages but there was no hint or talk about tithes in dat scripture..
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 24, 2013
Goshen360:

Bidam, nobody here is arguing whether tithing or giving IS NOT A SPIRITUAL PRINCIPLE OR NOT. The point here is, IF THE PRIESTHOOD (of those commanded to TAKE TITHE) CHANGES, and scriptures says THE LAW ALSO MUST CHANGE. The question you asked was, what law was it that MUST CHANGE? You need not go to far, read with the context of Hebrews 7, that law includes the requirement for priesthood + commandment to TAKE TITHE ACCORDING TO THE LAW, verse 5 + every other law regulating the priesthood.

It is very clear change of priesthood EQUALS CHANGE OF THE LAW - THE ENTIRE LAW. You agree the priesthood is CHANGED but you don't agree the PERCENTAGE OF OUR GIVING IS CHANGED TO ANYTHING AS A MAN PURPOSE IN HIS HEART. You still argue the percentage MUST be 10. There's nothing like that in the New testament bro.
you still keep on harping that the law has changed..and i still repeat that the summary of the two comandments by Jesus still validates the 10 God gave moses..If u love the Lord a mere 10pcent should be a starting point..God owns the earth(ps24:1)..because we are in a dispensation of grace doesn't give us license to give God less but the Best(heb11:4).it shudn't also give us that license to treat the household of God in contempt and mockery like some of u guys are doing by your post."if we deliberately keep on sinning after we have receivedthe knowledge of the truth no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgement and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. HOW MUCH MORE SEVERELY DO YOU THINK A MAN DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED WHO HAS TRAMPLED THE SON OF GOD UNDER FOOT. WHO HAS TREATED AS AN UNHOLY THING THE BLOOD OF THE CONVENANT THAT SANCTIFIED HIM AND WHO HAS INSULTED THE SPIRIT OF GRACE?(HEB10:26-29).

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 24, 2013
brilapluz:

ok..heb 7:21 ordains jesus as the new high priest by oath from God,there was no place in the entire hebrew 7 where jesus was to be given tithes or made to prepare any burned offering on to God,infact tithes and sacrifices were actually given to priests and levites who were still alive..it was also given inorder to care for their well-being(food and water)numbers 18:21-27 in the time of the old covenant[b](since they had no inheritance in that land and were also strangers)[/b] but jesus is a high priest by heb7:23-27,jesus is unlike the other priests of the old covenant who still received tithes(a tenth of everthing from the land lev 27:30)..secondly,1 tim 5:17-18,paul said the 'elders' in church deserve double "honour"(great respect, regard, esteem) and also,like every diligent worker, deserves wages but there was no hint or talk about tithes in dat scripture..
it is just pathetic...that the pple in the house are ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of Christ..i know of heathens that make large unsolicited donations to the household of God..ever wondered why unbelivers get blessed more than christians?? God always take care of His Own.anytime i read the cornelius connection i understand why God is no respecter of persons but a respecter of principles.(act10).

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by brilapluz(m): 4:35am On Feb 24, 2013
Bidam: it is just pathetic...that the pple in the house are ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of Christ..i know of heathens that make large unsolicited donations to the household of God..ever wondered why unbelivers get blessed more than christians?? God always take care of His Own.anytime i read the cornelius connection i understand why God is no respecter of persons but a respecter of principles.(act10).
is ur statement a reply to my comment or sometin else...?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 24, 2013
brilapluz:
is ur statement a reply to my comment or sometin else...?
ok..look at it this way since u already accept Jesus as ur high priest..he said whateve you do to the least of my brethren you have done to me..the money you give to church is not for only the salary/wages of pastors..it is also for the homeless,widows,orphans, brthrens in NEED..also the paying of church rents,billboards,electricity etc.because some charlatans have cirmvemted the purpose of tithes and is not clearly stated by paul in his epistles doen't negate the fact that it shuldn't be practised by Christians..the principles are ok..and i don't agree it is legalistic..i believe it is a systematic and consistent way of seeing that the body of Christ does not lack funds for the efficient running of the gospel..act5:1-11 and 6:1-7 is a blueprint we christians should emulate..if u guys are saying otherwise then suit yourself..u re not undercompulsion..it is free will my friend.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 24, 2013
Image123:
bro..no mind this tight fisted antithers jare..God don bless them but wen e come to pay back time na wahala..the unrighteous mammon strong o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.