Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,406 members, 7,864,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (144761 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
christemmbassey: Paul pleaded ignorance, i wonder wha Bidan et al will plead, GREED? Stiff neckedness or bandwagon effects.
can you show us the scripture where paul pleaded ignorance?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This is the arguments charlatans put forward when they have been cornered to the wall and they can't prove that their tithing scam is scriptural.

The next thing will be to say it is a mystery.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam: yeah..the priesthood changed...but the principles never did.

The apostles knew the principle is fulfilled in our faith in Christ, that is why they did not teach Christians to tithe. Don't you think so?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
Boomark:

The apostles knew the principle is fulfilled in our faith in Christ, that is why they did not teach Christians to tithe. Don't you think so?
what is the difference between laws and principles?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
Boomark:

The next thing will be to say it is a mystery.
Godliness is mystery.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam: what is the difference between laws and principles?

Did God called tithe A LAW or A COMMANDMENT or A PRINCIPLE Which one please. I ready for you now o. grin And please, give scriptures for your answer
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
Make una no vex..the will that i had in mind to accept Jesus Christ came from God the father. The ability and performance that i had to do "His good pleasure(tithes) also was motivated by the work of God. My work on its own cannot get me one inch closer to the kingdom of God. It is God working in me to will and to perform His good pleasure. So goshen and co don't be angry and judge a broda ok?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:34am On Feb 23, 2013
JIL:

Cherry picker, I agree that tithing is a biblical principle given to the Jews so are the ones listed below among many others.
Where do you stand really, why do you halt between two opinions? You said/implied tithe is doctrine of men. now you are agreeing it is a biblical principle. Which one make we take? Are you not aware that i am a Jew and a child of Abraham?
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
i need to advice you. Always pray to God to give you understanding instead of trying to fight a Bible passage with another. You may end up disoriented and an unbeliever.

Kindly read through and tell us which ones you have kept and vehemently defended.
all, though i don't know the meaning of vehemently defended. i've just been here having fun on this thread, you are one of those trying to spill blood here.

Not adding to the Torah commandments — Deut. 13:1
Deu 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
The dishonest folks who liked your post failed to correct you or read what you wrote whether these things were so. They were only trigger happy to click 'like' on any question by an anti-tither. Kindly elucidate on the above quoted.

Saying the Shema twice daily — Deut. 6:7
Deu 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Any sane christian should do this. i thought this was frosb's signature or so? Now itstithe-talk time and the meaning flew out of your head? Of course, teach your children the Word/law of God everytime, diligently. Your interpretation showsyou are only interested in playing religion like those your rabbi friends.

Wearing tefillin (phylacteries) on the head — Deut. 6:8
Putting a mezuzah on the door post — Deut. 6:9
Deu 6:8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
Deu 6:9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

i do this also. Unfortunately, you like the pharisees of Jesus time are only following and understanding the Word religiously and traditionally, instead of righteously. It is the Spirit that gives life. Jesus never broke the law, but your friends always thought He was breaking it. This is symbolic.
Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
Pro 6:21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
Pro 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
Pro 7:3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

It means to keep God's words close, dear and in constant remembrance. i do that.

Not walking outside the city boundary on the Sabbath — Ex. 16:29
Exo 16:29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
How does this translate to not walking outside the city boundary?
Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
BTW, i ensure that i take my proper Sabbath(rest).

Afflicting oneself on Yom Kippur — Lev. 16:29
Lev 16:29 And this shall be a statute forever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:
Read the verse in context and observe that it is talking about offering a sin offering. That Jesus has taken care of. Fortunately, He did not pay my tithes for me, neither did He praise God for me. i do those ones.

Not eating or drinking on Yom Kippur — Lev. 23:29
Lev 23:29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
How do the verse relate with what you said?

Not eating fruit of a tree during its first three years — Lev. 19:23
Lev 19:23 And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall it be as uncircumcised unto you: it shall not be eaten of.
This was an instruction to be obeyed when the Israelites entered Cannan. It's a one time thing like God telling them to go round Jericho and shoult. i wonder how you interpreted it to mean not eating fruit of a tree during its first three years . you need the real Holy Spirit.

Not eating untithed fruits — Lev. 22:15
Lev 22:15 And they shall not profane the holy things of the children of Israel, which they offer unto the LORD;
Yet another scripture just quoted and attached to your idea. It mentions nothing about fruits or tithes.

Separating the tithe for the poor — Deut. 14:28
Deu 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
i do this, and i also give God His tithe.

Carrying out the procedure of the burnt offering as prescribed in the Torah — Lev. 1:3
Lev 1:3 If his offering be a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD.
Jesus did this already.

Burning incense every day — Ex. 30:7
Exo 30:7 And Aaron shall burn thereon sweet incense every morning: when he dresseth the lamps, he shall burn incense upon it.
My High Priest Jesus does it for me.

Bringing a sin offering (in the temple) for your transgression — Lev. 4:27
Lev 4:27 And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
i do this and every believer should if he sins. Bring your sin offering Jesus to God, instead of covering it up.
Paying wages on the day they were earned — Deut. 24:15
Is this a question? Are you not supposed to pay people their wags again because you are now in the NT? Who is this wicked person?

Not lending to others with interest — Lev. 25:37
Not borrowing from others with interest — Deut. 23:20
Done in its proper context.

I am very certain that you don't even know what Shema or Mezuzah means, but you understand tithing even more than the Israelites because it involves money.
The love of money is the root of all evil, have you learnt from that correction Ola gave?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 23, 2013
Boomark:

look @ what Apostle paul taught "don't you know that those who work in the temple(levites) get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar (priests) share in what is offered on the altar? In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel. That was why i said the principle never changed...it was only the priesthood that did change.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 23, 2013
Goshen360:

Did God called tithe A LAW or A COMMANDMENT or A PRINCIPLE Which one please. I ready for you now o. grin And please, give scriptures for your answer
lemme quote your favourite scripture you always use to tell us tithing is abolished."for when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.(heb 7:12). So what law do you think that scripture meant?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 23, 2013
christemmbassey: pls my brother ask Bidam, how many times or how often did Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the children of Isreal paid tith and to whom? Appart from the once in a life time which Abraham gave to Melchizedeck. When Isreal was in Egypt did they pay tith? This pre-tith stuff i want to know.
they gave to God...just becos it was recorded once in scripture doesn't mean it wasn't a consistent life style they indulge in.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 6:35am On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: they gave to God...just becos it was recorded once in scripture doesn't mean it wasn't a consistent life style they indulge in.

Assuming it was a consistent lifestyle(which it was not) is there any where in the bible we are told to copy their lifestyle?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: lemme quote your favourite scripture you always use to tell us tithing is abolished."for when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.(heb 7:12). So what law do you think that scripture meant?
the new law is the law of christ which exclude tithe or did christ say we should pay tithe
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Assuming it was a consistent lifestyle(which it was not) is there any where in the bible we are told to copy their lifestyle?
yes heb 11.4, we give to God by faith not by law.heb 13:7..we are to remember our leaders and imitate their faith.1cor 9:13.1cor10:18 we are to honor God with our tithes and offerings by our contributions to the household of God.(1 tim 5:17-18).

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 23, 2013
Segeggs: the new law is the law of christ which exclude tithe or did christ say we should pay tithe
where is it specifically written in scriptures that the new law of Christ exclude tithes? Yes Christ did say so..mat 23:23.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 8:10am On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: yes heb 11.4, we give to God by faith not by law.heb 13:7..we are to remember our leaders and imitate their faith.1cor 9:13.1cor10:18 we are to honor God with our tithes and offerings by our contributions to the household of God.(1 tim 5:17-18).

As usual like your fellow cohorts you are quoting the scriptures out of context. I need specific scriptures not just bible quotes that have no relevance to the subject matter.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

As usual like your fellow cohorts you are quoting the scriptures out of context. I need specific scriptures not just bible quotes that have no relevance to the subject matter.
are you really a christian? The scriptures have every relevance to the subject matter..except u re blind to see it or you want to deliberately ignore what it says.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 9:24am On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: are you really a christian? The scriptures have every relevance to the subject matter..except u re blind to see it or you want to deliberately ignore what it says.

I am used to hearing this kind of thrash from false brethen and professional manipulators of the scriptures like you. The scriptures you quoted have absolutely no relevance to the subject matter. remember you are on NL and not in your church that you can stand on the pulpit and teach all sorts of thrash without anyone questioning you. The onus is on you to show us how the scriptures you quoted are relevant to the subject matter.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 11:14am On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: can you show us the scripture where paul pleaded ignorance?
Yes Sir, pls read 1Tim 1:12-13, And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, whn had enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry. 13: Who was befor a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious,.. But I obtained mercy BECAUSE I DID IT IGNORANTLY in unbelief. (kjv) So you that is collecting abolished tithes KNOWINGLY, what will you plead, GREED? remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2013
christemmbassey: Yes Sir, pls read 1Tim 1:12-13, And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, whn had enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry. 13: Who was befor a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious,.. But I obtained mercy BECAUSE I DID IT IGNORANTLY in unbelief. (kjv) So you that is collecting abolished tithes KNOWINGLY, what will you plead, GREED? remain blessed.
he said he Acted ignorantly...he never pleaded ignorantly..two diffrent things...ur subtle twisting of scripture reminds me when Jesus was tempted by the devil in luke 4:10-11...compare that with psalm 91:11-12.Two different things..don't forget paul still justified himself righteous and blameless before the law.(phil3:4-6).
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 11:59am On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: they gave to God...just becos it was recorded once in scripture doesn't mean it wasn't a consistent life style they indulge in.

They gave to God. How? Which temple or priest received their tithe on a regular basis? You no think that part before you post.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: he said he Acted ignorantly...he never pleaded ignorantly..two diffrent things...ur subtle twisting of scripture reminds me when Jesus was tempted by the devil in luke 4:10-11...compare that with psalm 91:11-12.Two different things..don't forget paul still justified himself righteous and blameless before the law.(phil3:4-6).
my prayer is that God deliver you from the demon of insincerity, dishonesty, lfilthy lucre, unbelieve and falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: he said he Acted ignorantly...he never pleaded ignorantly..two diffrent things...ur subtle twisting of scripture reminds me when Jesus was tempted by the devil in luke 4:10-11...compare that with psalm 91:11-12.Two different things..don't forget paul still justified himself righteous and blameless before the law.(phil3:4-6).
wonders shall neveer end. This ur post is pathetic, wetin person no go hear/see from tith scamers, are you sure u're a christian? Or you are in the 'church' because of tith? Its a pity.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by brilapluz(m): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: yeah..the priesthood changed...but the principles never did.
hahahahahah..pls sir,where in d bible was it stated dat as d priesthood changed,d principles also did not change..i wud like 2 know..
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

They gave to God. How? Which temple or priest received their tithe on a regular basis? You no think that part before you post.
bro wetin person no go hia from tithes scammers. They believe in money more than God, thats why they've moved from tiths tro seed sowing to 1st fruits, sacrifice and partnership. Now watch out for part2 (as nollywood will say) its going to be 100% of ur salary every month. Its a pity.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

ok. Did the OT ever quote the Levi payed tithes in Abraham?(heb7:9)..just because it was recorded that Abraham tithed once doesn't mean He did not give to God at other times.The bible recorded Abraham as a friend of God(heavy statement). When you visit your friend in the natural do you go empty handed? Customs may differ..but one thing is certain in scriptures Abraham obeyed God in every aspect of the word(gen 12,gen14,gen15,gen17,gen18,gen22)..lesson learnt is i rather obey God than mere men.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
christemmbassey: my prayer is that God deliver you from the demon of insincerity, dishonesty, lfilthy lucre, unbelieve and falsehood.
my prayer is that God deliver you from scripture twisting and doctrines of devils..ayam not surprised when caught the devil always resort to false accusations and allegations.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam, Bidam....I dey feel your groove o. grin But wait for me....I dey come grin The ONLY thing I beg of you is, please stay with this thread because your other colleagues has vacated even the one that started the tithe thread. But make sure you still till the end so we/I can expose you properly..... grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: my prayer is that God deliver you from scripture twisting and doctrines of devils..ayam not surprised when caught the devil always resort to false accusations and allegations.
I THANK God this is an open forum and I believe a lot of decent ppl are following this thread. You asked for bible portion where Paul pleaded ignorance for persecuting the church, i quoted 1Tim1:12-13, a very clear scripture and you went ahead to bring in unrelated verses and you say i twist scriptures? let decent ppl look at 1Tim1:13 and see between you and I who is a twister of the word. GOD bless you.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bidam: ok. Did the OT ever quote the Levi payed tithes in Abraham?(heb7:9)..

...this statement has no relevance to the practice of tithing. It was never a basis for the Jewish tithing practice. The Hebrew writer saying this was just showing the superiority of Melchi's priesthood. For e.g. if you are a king of village and your grandfather was houseboy to the king in the next village, it simply means that other king is superior cos you served that other king as houseboy in your grandfather I.e you were in your grandfather's loin when he served that other king. You don't need to be in a trace to interpret something that simple smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Mr cherry Picker, took you a while to reply. Did you pass it to your senior pastor to do it for you? I asked you a very simple question and you took days to produce a poor response and failed terribly to give a simple answer.

Image123:
Where do you stand really, why do you halt between two opinions? You said/implied tithe is doctrine of men. now you are agreeing it is a biblical principle.

Are you trying to confuse yourself here or is it an issue of comprehension.
I want to reiterate myself to make this clearer. Tithing is a biblical principle in the law of Moses. It becomes a doctrine of men when that same law is radically modified and presented as mandatory to Christians.

Image123:
Are you not aware that i am a Jew and a child of Abraham?

You are not a Jew period. Don't quote any verse to deceive yourself. This is clearly symbolic as Paul was talking about being a Jew in the heart.
One who is circumcised in the spirit does not live a double life in Nairaland. We raised certain questions about your alter ego, potentpraise and since then we haven't heard from him. This speak volumes about your character, what your motives really are and the extent you are willing to play dirty inorder to continue to keep people in bondage.

Image123:
I need to advice you. Always pray to God to give you understanding instead of trying to fight a Bible passage with another.

I don't need advice from you or your ilk; those who peddle the word of God for profit by using the old law to gain legitimacy.

Image123:
i've just been here having fun on this thread, you are one of those trying to spill blood here.

So trying to show biblically that tithing is not a law for Christians amounts to spilling blood.

Image123:
The dishonest folks who liked your post failed to correct you or read what you wrote whether these things were so. They were only trigger happy to click 'like' on any question by an anti-tither. Kindly elucidate on the above quoted.

You have the temerity to tag others as dishonest because they agreed to something that does not align with your level of greed and you call yourself a Christian.
You are asking me to 'Kindly elucidate on the above quoted' while you totally ignored my original question. If you need answers, please ask your senior pastor.

Image123:
Your interpretation showsyou are only interested in playing religion like those your rabbi friends.

Every single item I listed is part of the law. If you don't know, find out from your pastor.

Image123:
Unfortunately, you like the pharisees of Jesus time are only following and understanding the Word religiously and traditionally, instead of righteously. It is the Spirit that gives life. Jesus never broke the law, but your friends always thought He was breaking it. This is symbolic.

I think I have had enough. There is no point in continuing to reason with hypocrites like you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.