Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (143642 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
Many have been deceived for too long. Read more genuine testimonies from ex-tithers below.

CAVEAT: I sincerely believe in giving to the work of God and helping those who are in need as I am led by the Holy Spirit.

How 14 years of religion almost destroyed my life.

Testimony of Frank Pecenka, Canada

Hi my name is Frank Pecenka and I have a testimony that 14 years within organized religion almost destroyed my life and my family. My wife and I started out with a sincere desire to know and to please God but something went terribly wrong over the years and in the end I turned my back on God, The Church and Organized Religion.

I finally came to that place where I found that I was emotionally, spiritually and financially bankrupt having exhausted all of my resources trying to make my skewed faith work.

I have come to the realization that the faith I had was in legalism and the formulas of men and their doctrines. Through much suffering, loss, adversity, pain and humiliation I discovered that I could not tip the hand of God and that my best efforts to adhere to the formulas and doctrines of men didn't matter one iota to God.

The milestone event that finally caused me to hit the proverbial wall happened after our family had gone through the loss of our home and bankruptcy. This took place as a result of more than 10 years of tithing, giving and supporting various ministries as well as doing "good works" besides. Since we were trying to raise a family on a single income while home schooling our 2 kids our finances were spread so thin that we had to constantly borrow to make up the shortfall.

After more than 10 years of this folly our debt load swamped us like a tidal wave. The underlying message we kept getting through these turbulent years was that there had to be something wrong with you or God would bless you and heal your finances since his own law binds him. Anyone who cannot make these laws, formulas and doctrines work soon finds themselves on the outside looking in as they are cast aside and rejected since it has to work, doesn't it?

While the pain from my own loss and resulting humiliation was still very fresh, I had to endure listening to a Christian businessman's testimony in our church. It turned out that he was facing personal bankruptcy over 1 million dollars in business debts which he was burdened with as the result of a chain reaction involving a client business that went bankrupt.

He tearfully shared that he had spent that week getting right with God and as a result God had seen to it that the consortium that he owed the money forgave his debt. Upon hearing that, I found myself filled with rage, bitter, disillusioned and feeling rejected by God. God allowed this man who has a home and lifestyle I could only ever dream of to keep his yet the personal sacrifices we made and the things we did without counted as nothing. We were not even empowered to continue what we were doing and there was no eleventh hour intervention on our behalf.

I thankfully came to the conclusion that I could probably never get right with God since my best efforts thus far were useless. Realizing that fact provided a sense of freedom from the bondage of performance to earn favor that is a common theme in organized religion. The time was right for me to hear a message of Grace and the unconditional love of God. This simple but timely message has helped me to put the shattered pieces of my life in perspective.

Since I am presently recovering from a deep depression I still have much anger to work through, primarily directed toward organized religion. Part of this process caused me to sit down and write a letter, which I actually had in a stamped and addressed envelope ready to mail the next day. Instead of the mailbox it ended up in the trash. I have decided to add that letter to this testimony to illustrate what emotional roller coaster ride people in organized religion can find themselves on.

My hope in writing this testimony is that it helps one single person to not go through that what I went through. If that is the case it will have been worth it.

Yours in Christ,
Frank Pecenka

Click on link for more: http://www.tithing.christian-things.com/testimonies.html
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
@JIL

Thought provoking testimonies, keep them coming smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
Pastor Kun: @JIL

Thought provoking testimonies, keep them coming smiley

Thanks. Its our duty as Christians to inform people of the gospel truth so that they are released from man-made shackles.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
useless testimonies, they don't even deserve that name. Folks are sharing testimonies of salvation from sin, overcoming temptation, wroughting righteousness, exceeding grace, standing up for Jesus, patience in tribulation, divine help, miracle and healing etc. Others are here glorifying poor financial management. You guys keep harping about giving more than 10% and even 100%. But your stories are tales of bitterness and great strain at giving away 10%. Giving out 10% is a burden and shackle for you but you're boasting of virtual reality giving to the poor. I'd have asked who is deceiving you, but i know. devil is deceiving you.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
And as i may so say levi also, who receiveth tithes payed tithes in Abraham.(heb 7:9).

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
Image123: useless testimonies, they don't even deserve that name. Folks are sharing testimonies of salvation from sin, overcoming temptation, wroughting righteousness, exceeding grace, standing up for Jesus, patience in tribulation, divine help, miracle and healing etc. Others are here glorifying poor financial management. You guys keep harping about giving more than 10% and even 100%. But your stories are tales of bitterness and great strain at giving away 10%. Giving out 10% is a burden and shackle for you but you're boasting of virtual reality giving to the poor. I'd have asked who is deceiving you, but i know. devil is deceiving you.
You failed to include testimonies relating to deliverance from the doctrines of men.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
JIL:
You fail to include testimonies relating to deliverance from the doctrines of men.
you're preaching doctrines of men. Tithing is a Bible doctrine. When you become delivered, feel free to include it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
Image123:
you're preaching doctrines of men. Tithing is a Bible doctrine. When you become delivered, feel free to include it.

Cherry picker, I agree that tithing is a biblical principle given to the Jews so are the ones listed below among many others.
Kindly read through and tell us which ones you have kept and vehemently defended.

Not adding to the Torah commandments — Deut. 13:1
Saying the Shema twice daily — Deut. 6:7
Wearing tefillin (phylacteries) on the head — Deut. 6:8
Putting a mezuzah on the door post — Deut. 6:9
Not walking outside the city boundary on the Sabbath — Ex. 16:29
Afflicting oneself on Yom Kippur — Lev. 16:29
Not eating or drinking on Yom Kippur — Lev. 23:29
Not eating fruit of a tree during its first three years — Lev. 19:23
Not eating untithed fruits — Lev. 22:15
Separating the tithe for the poor — Deut. 14:28
Carrying out the procedure of the burnt offering as prescribed in the Torah — Lev. 1:3
Burning incense every day — Ex. 30:7
Bringing a sin offering (in the temple) for your transgression — Lev. 4:27
Paying wages on the day they were earned — Deut. 24:15
Not lending to others with interest — Lev. 25:37
Not borrowing from others with interest — Deut. 23:20

I am very certain that you don't even know what Shema or Mezuzah means, but you understand tithing even more than the Israelites because it involves money.

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2013
Bidam: And as i may so say levi also, who receiveth tithes payed tithes in Abraham.(heb 7:9).

you people will just post a verse from the bible to show activity angry if levi payed tithe in Abraham, what has that got to do with christians paying tithe? or you want us to pay tithe in Abraham as well?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2013
Zikkyy:

you people will just post a verse from the bible to show activity angry if levi payed tithe in Abraham, what has that got to do with christians paying tithe? or you want us to pay tithe in Abraham as well?
everything my friend it has a spiritual connotation..but since you don't understand the principle behind tithing you have a choice not to...free will my friend...no one is pointing a gun to your head to tithe.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Bidam: everything my friend it has a spiritual connotation..but since you don't understand the principle behind tithing you have a choice not to...free will my friend...no one is pointing a gun to your head to tithe.

Are you sure? Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLsDNxZcOa8

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
Bidam: everything my friend it has a spiritual connotation..but since you don't understand the principle behind tithing you have a choice not to...free will my friend...no one is pointing a gun to your head to tithe.

This is the problem i have with you guys. anytime you find you've been boxed into a corner, you begin to speak in meaningless tongues angry oya tell us the spiritual connotation in levi paying tithe in Abraham angry ...or maybe that was just you making a dash for the emergency exit grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Zikkyy:

This is the problem i have with you guys. anytime you find you've been boxed into a corner, you begin to speak in meaningless tongues angry oya tell us the spiritual connotation in levi paying tithe in Abraham angry ...or maybe that was just you making a dash for the emergency exit grin
lol, na you sabi...ever heard of ordered generations? We are not trying to establish constants by misapplying scriptures here. God uses natural acts of obedience on earth to connect us to heavenly blessing and purpose. Marriage, worship, clothing, tithing, human government, and other foundations all have their beginnings in the Book of Genesis.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
Bidam:
God uses natural acts of obedience on earth to connect us to heavenly blessing and purpose. Marriage, worship, clothing, tithing, human government, and other foundations all have their beginnings in the Book of Genesis.

Sooo, are you saying levi paying tithe in Abraham was a 'natural act of obedience'? grin please confirm.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
Zikkyy:

Sooo, are you saying levi paying tithe in Abraham was a 'natural act of obedience'? grin please confirm.
Zikkyy:

nope...that is to establish proper father/son order....understanding of the "power of the tithe" connect us in order through Abraham. Levi, the fourth generation of Abraham's family was connected through the tithe. This has great significance to the order of the Church.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Boomark:

Where was it commanded that new converts from other nations(former Gentiles) or Christians to pay tithe?

Seems this JAMB question no get answer?

SMH
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
^^^ Do you expect him to answer the question....even with scriptures? Because there's none! But maybe we can wait for him to show his skillfulness (and honesty) in handling the word of truth. grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Boomark:

Seems this JAMB question no get answer?

SMH
Just like saying where is it written that the christians are commanded not to tithe? "This mystery is that through the gospel the gentiles are heirs together with ISREAL, members together of one body and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.( eph 3:6).

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Bidam: Just like saying where is it written that the christians are commanded not to tithe? "This mystery is that through the gospel the gentiles are heirs together with ISREAL, members together of one body and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.( eph 3:6).

So as ISRAEL was SPECIFICALLY commanded; The two (Israel and Gentiles) were forgotten to be commanded or instructed UNDER THE NEW COVENANT You can as well tell us to follow Israel to obey sabbath and other Jewish regulations that they still hold unto.

You can then further show us where BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES are NOW commanded to tithe SINCE THEY ARE NOW ONE IN CHRIST UNDER THE NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT or remain guilty of twisting scriptures
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
Goshen360:

So as ISRAEL was SPECIFICALLY commanded; The two (Israel and Gentiles) were forgotten to be commanded or instructed UNDER THE NEW COVENANT You can as well tell us to follow Israel to obey sabbath and other Jewish regulations that they still hold unto.

You can then further show us where BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES are NOW commanded to tithe SINCE THEY ARE NOW ONE IN CHRIST UNDER THE NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT or remain guilty of twisting scriptures
don't be puffed up bro..be careful..the Jews are still God's people.. No be me talk am na bible. "ALL ISREAL WILL BE SAVED"( ROM 11:25-32).

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 12:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam: don't be puffed up bro..be careful..the Jews are still God's people.. No be me talk am na bible.
^^^
Goshen360:
Show us where BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES are [size=20pt]NOW[/size] commanded to tithe [size=20pt]SINCE THEY ARE NOW ONE IN CHRIST UNDER THE NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT[/size] or remain guilty of twisting scriptures
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2013
Goshen360:

we all know there is no verse where christians are commanded to tith and the tiths collectors know the truth, but my brother many ppl called themselevs into the ministry because of tiths and you expect them to just walk out on tith? No sir, these are businessmen and will rather embrase measures that will increase their profits eg 1st fruits is now the new way to flow, where you must surrender ur january salaries every year.. Now watbh out for part2(nollywood) will be to surrender ur complet salaries every month and lay @ the apostles' feet and each man will be given according to his need(s). I wonder why they never thought of this all these years. I don give them expo , abi?. Remain blessed, sir.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam: And as i may so say levi also, who receiveth tithes payed tithes in Abraham.(heb 7:9).
who is a Lrvi in the church today?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2013
who is a Livite in the church today?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2013
JIL:

Cherry picker, I agree that tithing is a biblical principle given to the Jews so are the ones listed below among many others.
Kindly read through and tell us which ones you have kept and vehemently defended.

Not adding to the Torah commandments — Deut. 13:1
Saying the Shema twice daily — Deut. 6:7
Wearing tefillin (phylacteries) on the head — Deut. 6:8
Putting a mezuzah on the door post — Deut. 6:9
Not walking outside the city boundary on the Sabbath — Ex. 16:29
Afflicting oneself on Yom Kippur — Lev. 16:29
Not eating or drinking on Yom Kippur — Lev. 23:29
Not eating fruit of a tree during its first three years — Lev. 19:23
Not eating untithed fruits — Lev. 22:15
Separating the tithe for the poor — Deut. 14:28
Carrying out the procedure of the burnt offering as prescribed in the Torah — Lev. 1:3
Burning incense every day — Ex. 30:7
Bringing a sin offering (in the temple) for your transgression — Lev. 4:27
Paying wages on the day they were earned — Deut. 24:15
Not lending to others with interest — Lev. 25:37
Not borrowing from others with interest — Deut. 23:20

I am very certain that you don't even know what Shema or Mezuzah means, but you understand tithing even more than the Israelites because it involves money.
yes, pls tell us how many times you have shared the tith with STRANGERS.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
I believe that the principles of tithes and offerings are legitimate kingdom dynamics and their practice must be based on the principles of LOYALTY AND CONVENANT rather than blind obedience...thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2013
bro, who are the LIVITES IN THE CHURCH TODAY?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam:
nope...that is to establish proper father/son order....

come o, this stuff you are dropping here, is it from ya pastor? which one be 'proper father/son order' again Abraham blood dey flow for Levi vein na, abi Abraham no be Levi great grand papa again? maybe you are talking about a spiritual father/son relationship which i don't understand.

Bidam:
...understanding of the "power of the tithe" connect us in order through Abraham. Levi, the fourth generation of Abraham's family was connected through the tithe.

you don come with this your connection talk again angry Soooo, tithers are not just connected through Abraham,they are connected in 'order'. if tithers are routing their connection through Abraham, just help me with this one question please; what are tithers connecting to?

Bidam:
This has great significance to the order of the Church.

Even the church get 'order'. is it tithing 'order'? grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
Over the years as I looked CAREFULLY into the 'institutionalized' church gathering. I came to conclusion there're many things to up-root from that institutionalized gathering - 1. Ignorance 2. Unbelieve 3. Disbelieve.

The most dangerous is disbelieve - This is as a result of erroneous and wrong teachings which church folk have 'traditionalized' and they won't let go even at the glaring face of the truth and sound doctrine. Imagine someone telling people "levi paid tithe in Abraham" and yet, he doesn't even understand the meaning of that scriptures in context. Are Christians levites? Do we have levites within the church today?

Assume we say levite still exist. They will mean the 'workers' e.g ushers, choirs, Sunday school teachers etc etc NOT the pastors of our present. In the Old Covenant, the levites will take tithe and confirmed in Heb.7:5 and given 'tenth' part to the priest; the priest will represent pastors of today. The whole argument of tithe is flawed because ALL CHRISTIANS are NOW MADE KINGS AND PRIESTS unto God. What then is this argument that 'levi paid tithe in Abraham'? - such argument is scripturally not balanced.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2013
^^^
And as a result of being entitled to collect tithes, these church workers would not be allowed to do any other work or even own property if the levite system is to be applied to the church today and they must also be able maintain the exclusive blood line of the levites as instructed by God. Any thing short of this would amount to hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Zikkyy(m): 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam:
I believe that the principles of tithes and offerings are legitimate kingdom dynamics and their practice must be based on the principles of LOYALTY AND CONVENANT rather than blind obedience...thank you.

You have reduced your tithing practice to 'belief' now. that's good grin

Bidam:
I believe that the principles of tithes and offerings are legitimate kingdom dynamics and their practice must be based on the principles of LOYALTY AND CONVENANT rather than blind obedience....

hmmmm, no be small thing. which one be 'legitimate kingdom dynamics'? na my friend Bidam dey 'blow' grammar like this? grin i don see where you do the copy and paste for here ---->( http://www.kingdomnetwork.org/quienes_en.php ). This copy and paste approach will not help you. anyways, since i like the grammar, i decided to copy & paste the part you left out (see below) grin

"The contribution of financial resources must be activated by the discernment of prophetic purpose and the nature of our mission". grin

You see why i said you were speaking in meaningless tongues, am sure you don't understand what you posted above.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.