Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,363 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 (2286 Views)

Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain / Golf3 Differences / How Much For Golf3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by Pacesetter2: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
I want to thank those who replied my last topic in this section...it has really helped in selecting the best car but now it is my mum's turn...she was wondering which will be more economical between GOLF3 and this GOLF1.6...i will like to know the real amount,tokunbo & even the most encountered problem...i will be happy at the house's response to this my request
Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 09, 2013
Pace$etter:
I want to thank those who replied my last topic in this section...it has really helped in selecting the best car but now it is my mum's turn...she was wondering which will be more economical between GOLF3 and this GOLF1.6...i will like to know the real amount,tokunbo & even the most encountered problem...i will be happy at the house's response to this my request

What exactly are you comparing? You're comparing VW Golf III and a VW Golf 1,6. There's no basis for comparison, as III refers to the platform (third generation VW Golf) while VW Golf 1,6 simply refers to the engine size. 1,6 is available in VW Golf I-VI. We've discussed the VW Golf in great detail (in the other thread you opened).

As for fuel consumption, I can't see what you're comparing. Does the VW Golf III have an engine? And the VW Golf 1,6 - what generation is it?
Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by talktimi(m): 8:18am On Feb 09, 2013
Siena:

What exactly are you comparing? You're comparing VW Golf III and a VW Golf 1,6. There's no basis for comparison, as III refers to the platform (third generation VW Golf) while VW Golf 1,6 simply refers to the engine size. 1,6 is available in VW Golf I-VI. We've discussed the VW Golf in great detail (in the other thread you opened).

As for fuel consumption, I can't see what you're comparing. Does the VW Golf III have an engine? And the VW Golf 1,6 - what generation is it?
there's actually a volkswagen golf 6, he's not talking about the engine size here.
Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
talktimi: there's actually a volkswagen golf 6, he's not talking about the engine size here.

I'm well aware there's a Volkswagen Golf VI - I attended the launch back in 2007, before it hit the streets in 2008.

The OP was referring to engine size, not the platform. It's obvious, because it makes no sense to compare running costs differences between the VW Golf III that was launched late 1991, to the VW Golf VI That was launched almost 17 years later. It's like comparing a 1983 Honda Accord's running costs with one that was launched in 2002. There's no basis for comparison.

We all make mistakes, and learn from them. We won't learn anything if we defend errors. VW Golf 1,6 is very different from VW Golf VI.

@ Pace$etter: There are more than enough threads on the VW Golf III, I would suggest you do a search, and read. And one more thiong - there's no such thing as a "new" Volkswagen Golf III. How can it be new, when the last ones rolled off the production line in 1998 (or 1999 for the estate)? You're looking at a car that's at least 15-years-old.
Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by talktimi(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
I didn't concentrate on the thread title until after I had made my post, I'm sorry. The OP should have bEen clearer about what he wanted.
Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by Pacesetter2: 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
Siena:

I'm well aware there's a Volkswagen Golf VI - I attended the launch back in 2007, before it hit the streets in 2008.

The OP was referring to engine size, not the platform. It's obvious, because it makes no sense to compare running costs differences between the VW Golf III that was launched late 1991, to the VW Golf VI That was launched almost 17 years later. It's like comparing a 1983 Honda Accord's running costs with one that was launched in 2002. There's no basis for comparison.

We all make mistakes, and learn from them. We won't learn anything if we defend errors. VW Golf 1,6 is very different from VW Golf VI.

@ Pace$etter: There are more than enough threads on the VW Golf III, I would suggest you do a search, and read. And one more thiong - there's no such thing as a "new" Volkswagen Golf III. How can it be new, when the last ones rolled off the production line in 1998 (or 1999 for the estate)? You're looking at a car that's at least 15-years-old.

I'm sorry for that new issue...but i mean running costs....i'm a greenhorn in car matters...vw golf1,6 & golf 3
Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by Pacesetter2: 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2013

Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by talktimi(m): 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
Pace$etter:

I'm sorry for that new issue...but i mean running costs....i'm a greenhorn in car matters...vw golf1,6 & golf 3
is it golf 3, golf 4, golf 5 or golf 6. 1,6 is just the size of the engine not a model . The higher the model spec, the more expensive the parts especially 5 & 6, fuel economy is generally fair especially on a 1,6 litre engine so u shouldn't have problems just take care of the car very well especially servicing aspects and know the kind of "mechanic" you allow near the car
Re: Which One Is Easy To Maintain-golf3(new) & GOLF1.6 by DisGuy: 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
cant even believe you have a car!!

i mean you souldnt even have a drivers license at this rate lol

some naija car owners sha

(1) (Reply)

/ 2001 Toyota Highlander OR 2006 Nissan Pathfinder / Rough Terrain Roads.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.