Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,652 members, 7,851,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:28 PM

My Little Girl And Her Crush - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Little Girl And Her Crush (4278 Views)

This Little Girl Got Married In Northern Nigeria (Unconfirmed) / This Beautiful Little Girl, Zainab, Is Missing (Photo) / Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 09, 2013
grin Nigerians and dem overreactions to small things, 3rd mainland bridge is on the verge of collapsing ...I think that's a real problem and not a 5year old princess's kindergarten crush ...OP it happens all the time and as the matter of fact if you are the type that spend quality time with your girl and have those petty talks you'd find out she's not the only one in class that likes Matt grin.. blond hair blue eyes.. Beiber fever eh grin

My simple advice.. ALWAYS have a talk with her at the end of the day bout what's going on in school generally...they are innocent kids and always pour out their mind(chatterbox) especially when it's Daddy..Mine talked about a particular beiber too and she feels shy and runs away when I playfully tease her about it(my hubby doesn't like it one bit grin ), we talk a lot with no reservation. Keep the communication lines open, it builds a lot of self confidence in kids especially girls cos of thier vulnurability .

It is well, I hope you have a pitbull and/or a gun or you're planning to?grin
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by greatgod2012(f): 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
jidegirl12: grin Nigerians and dem overreactions to small things, 3rd mainland bridge is on the verge of collapsing ...I think that's a real problem and not a 5year old princess's kindergarten crush ...OP it happens all the time and as the matter of fact if you are the type that spend quality time with your girl and have those petty talks you'd find out she's not the only one in class that likes Matt grin.. blond hair blue eyes.. Beiber fever eh grin

My simple advice.. ALWAYS have a talk with her at the end of the day bout what's going on in school generally...they are innocent kids and always pour out their mind(chatterbox) especially when it's Daddy..Mine talked about a particular beiber too and she feels shy and runs away when I playfully tease her about it(my hubby doesn't like it one bit grin ), we talk a lot with no reservation. Keep the communication lines open, it builds a lot of self confidence in kids especially girls cos of thier vulnurability .

It is well, I hope you have a pitbull and/or a gun or you're planning to?grin

how you dey? My sis.....long time.........too busy to log on NL?
Love you!
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by greatgod2012(f): 1:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
@op, i think there is no big deal here, she might mean a best friend. There was a day my boy told me he have two girlfriends and one boyfriend in his class, and i asked why he chose to have two girlfriends and one boyfriend, he said, those two girls are always coming first and second in d class and he 3rd while d other boy 4th, so, they use to read together. I said, waoh!, at this age, so, there is actually no harm, especially at this stage.........her heart is still blank towards that area you are thinking about.
May God help us all.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by agiboma(f): 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
@jk my son was born in Canada and currently attending daycare there also.
@op like some other posters communted ask her who "matt" is if he's her age then np, if he a grown man then you need to investigate,
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2013
agiboma: @jk my son was born in Canada and currently attending daycare there also.
@op like some other posters communted ask her who "matt" is if he's her age then np, if he a grown man then you need to investigate,

Ok, I thought he was attending day care in Nigeria with all the little girls kissing and hugging him, I was just going to say I don't blame the girls, who would see a Canadian citizen and not work hard at trying to hook him first? First come first serve they say.

1 Like

Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by baby124: 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
Case asks: Can a 6-year-old commit sexual assault?

MAY 01, 2011 6:05 AM  •  SANDY CULLEN | SCULLEN@MADISON.COM | 608-252-6137
[size=18pt]Grant County authorities have accused a 6-year-old boy of first-degree sexual assault of a child for allegedly playing “doctor” with a 5-year-old girl in September[/size].
The case, which is plowing new legal ground in Wisconsin, calls into question when a child’s act can be considered criminal — particularly when it involves behavior some experts say is normal for children that age — and who makes that determination.
Under state law, the boy is too young to be charged with a crime or in a juvenile delinquency petition, the equivalent of a criminal complaint for juveniles. Instead, prosecutors have included the allegations in a petition seeking protection or services for the boy. Such petitions are typically used by parents or authorities to identify children under 10 who need services to change inappropriate behavior.
If a judge finds the boy committed a delinquent act, the court can order that he and his family receive services such as counseling or other treatment.
[size=18pt]A second petition accusing the boy of disorderly conduct alleges that last summer he repeatedly grabbed the breasts of two teenage baby sitters, took off his clothes and rubbed himself on their legs and tried to kiss them.[/size]
The boy’s lawyer, Stephen Eisenberg of Madison, called the allegations “crazy” and said he has never heard of a 6-year-old being accused of first-degree sexual assault. The boy is now 7.
At a court hearing last week, Grant County District Attorney Lisa Riniker said the case “isn’t about punishing (the boy); it’s about making sure he gets the help he needs.”
Riniker and county Social Services Director Fred Naatz declined to comment on the case outside of court, citing confidentiality rules.
Richland County Circuit Court Judge Edward Leineweber, who is handling the case, said during the hearing the case presents a thorny legal problem.
“You’re going to have to prove a criminal act. If he was 2, would we be here?” he asked the prosecutor. “How are we going to figure out what side of the line (the boy) falls on?”
Eisenberg said the boy, who has a developmental disorder for which he is receiving treatment, likely is below the maturity level of a typical 6- or 7-year-old.
Dispute over what happened
Earlier this month, the judge granted a State Journal request for access to juvenile court records and proceedings in the case. State law prohibits identifying the children or families involved.
[size=18pt]According to the petition for protection or services filed Nov. 12, the girl’s mother found her daughter in the boy’s yard “with her skirt and underpants around her ankles” and the boy sitting underneath her, penetrating her with his finger. The petition alleges the boy “did have sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 12.”
State law defines sexual intercourse, in part, as “intrusion, however slight, of any part of a person’s body.”
The girl told her mother they were playing “butt doctor” and told authorities the boy only touched her on the outside of her body, court documents state. A third child, a 5-year-old boy, also was with them, but he did not touch her inappropriately, the girl said[/size].

Judge Leineweber refused to dismiss the petitions, saying the relevant part of the sexual assault allegation is the mother’s observations.
The boy needed only to have penetrated the girl and known she was under a certain age, he wrote, adding, “Even the most immature 6-year-old could appreciate these two concepts.”
Last week, Leineweber found probable cause to proceed with the petitions and ordered a competency evaluation to determine if the boy can understand the allegations and assist in his defense.
But Leineweber also questioned how it could be determined that the 6-year-old was capable of committing a criminal act.
Riniker said she made that determination using her discretion as a prosecutor. She also said she has more information about the boy’s actions than she included in the complaint.
“I’m not so sure that’s how it should work,” Leineweber replied.
Eisenberg told the judge small-town furor “just exploded this thing that never should have gotten off the ground,” saying, “It’s over the top and it really is absurd.”
He said the boy had several enemas and other procedures for a medical problem before the incident with the girl. He also questioned whether the girl’s mother could actually see if penetration occurred, as well as the accounts of the baby sitters.
Sexual exploration normal in young
Dr. Lucy Berliner, director of Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress in Seattle, Wash., said it is “completely outside” accepted medical practice to characterize a 6-year-old’s actions as sexual assault.
Berliner, responding after the State Journal described the allegations, called the charge “very unusual” and equated it to charging a 6-year-old with physical assault for hitting another child.
“Sexual exploration, curiosity and play among children is common,” Berliner said. “Even if there was an attempt to penetrate, it’s still a 6-year-old doing it.”
If a child has no history of other behavioral problems, just talking to him and making sure there are no other issues that need to be addressed would be an appropriate response, she said.
[size=18pt]But Mike Walsh, Dane County deputy district attorney in charge of juvenile cases, said even very young children can engage in “extreme victimizing behaviors.” The youngest child Walsh brought a petition against for sexual assault was an 8-year-old boy who repeatedly raped his 5-year-old sister.[/size]
In most cases, however, police deal with the families involved and the matters never reach court, he said. In some cases, if he believes the child needs treatment beyond what a family obtained on its own, he would pursue the matter in court.
In the Grant County case, Walsh said, the boy’s alleged actions reflect sexualized behavior more advanced than his level of development.
Families tried alternate solutions
In a letter to the State Journal, the boy’s parents said they have taken “all steps necessary to make sure our six year old has received all the services he needs.”
They said they forwarded that information — along with written confirmation from the boy’s school and day care providers that he has never engaged in inappropriate conduct at those facilities — to the district attorney’s office and the Grant County Department of Social Services.
Yet both insisted on pursuing court action, they wrote. They said authorities even raised the prospect that the boy be evaluated as a potential sexual predator and suggested he not be allowed to have any unsupervised contact with children.
The girl’s parents said they initially sought to settle the dispute without involving the authorities but were unsatisfied with the response by the boy’s family.
“From the beginning, it was our hope and our goal to work this out between the families and to talk and figure out what was happening privately,” the girl’s father told the State Journal. “We were not given that opportunity by the (boy’s) family.”

http://m.host.madison.com/news/local/crime_and_courts/case-asks-can-a--year-old-commit-sexual-assault/article_c13c6a62-72b8-11e0-8659-001cc4c03286.html

Its all cute till its not funny anymore. You have a girl child, take care of her. There was even a case of a boy being rap*ed by fellow boys. Times have changed. Just prepare your girl child. ITs a rough world out there. A lot of sick people that should be confined or chained to asylums are having babies and raising them.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by baby124: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
I even wonder how parents can say having their friends termed boyfriend and girlfriend is okay. Do we actually think these kids don't see what boyfriends and girlfriends do? There is so much public display these days. Some even have sex in public.Where did they even hear the term boyfriend sef. I would not find it funny at all, I believe children should grow at the pace expected of them. I remember seeing a mum who was so upset at the hair salon, she was talking about when her son, a 6yr old boy came home and said a little girl wanted to be his girlfriend. She and her son actually met with the girls mum and the girl and warned her, that her son was too young to be thinking of such a term. Which I agree.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by freecocoa(f): 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
I'm with Baby_123 on this one o, omo nothing like too small for this matter o, children of nowadays are something else undecided.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
@baby darling wink ... I'm speaking for girls with good upbringing and environment , I'm not gonna act like a nuisance and fight every mums cos my daughter have a crush, it's normal ... As long as you have good rapport with your girls , I don't see why she will keep secret from moi .. grin she doesn't lack anything and she's a good Christian too.
fiyen le jo grin

@greatgod long time my sweet sister, I thot I should slow down on NL these days unless its very I see important Topic, my regards to all yours smiley

1 Like

Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by baby124: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
jidegirl12: @baby darling wink ... I'm speaking for girls with good upbringing and environment , I'm not gonna act like a nuisance and fight every mums cos my daughter have a crush, it's normal ... As long as you have good rapport with your girls , I don't see why she will keep secret from moi .. grin she doesn't lack anything and she's a good Christian too.
fiyen le jo grin

@greatgod long time my sweet sister, I thot I should slow down on NL these days unless its very I see important Topic, my regards to all yours smiley

What you wrote is for older kids. These ones are too young. Boundaries should be in place, and its up to parents to teach them as early as possible how to react to certain situations they may find themselves. They don't know what is going on, until it happens. Most of these kids after playing these games never forget, and may go on to be taunted by their abusers when they get older for having sex with the whole class. Most kids abused never talk about the matter anyway. A little girl is too young to even be allowed to think about boyfriend and girlfriend. It should not be encouraged.
I don't want to hear boyfriend till my kids are 17.

I know of a story a 7yr old had a breakup with her boyfriend, she went to stand outside of his house in his favorite outfit on her, crying. Like WTF?! That is too much, too soon.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
@baby, they don't have dirty brains like some other kids and yeah I'm talking bout 5yrs and up, they do have friends of different gender and its no big deal as long as they're just friends,

And for you to say a kindergartener don't know anything is unbelievable coming from you, and as per molesters and all that, well it's the parents priority to ensure their kids safety.

And the 7yr old example is very scary, shows she doesn't have good rapport with her parents and low self esteem is in play thus a disaster .

To each and his owns . how your end?
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by baby124: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2013
jidegirl12: @baby, they don't have dirty brains like some other kids and yeah I'm talking bout 5yrs and up, they do have friends of different gender and its no big deal as long as they're just friends,

And for you to say a kindergartener don't know anything is unbelievable coming from you, and as per molesters and all that, well it's the parents priority to ensure their kids safety.

And the 7yr old example is very scary, shows she doesn't have good rapport with her parents and low self esteem is in play thus a disaster .

To each and his owns . how your end?

My end is great o, how your own? kiss.

What kind of rapport are we talking about? How to handle their boyfriends? Is that truly what 7yr olds should be thinking about? No matter what rejection hurts at any age, and kids should not be dealing with such emotions.

Of course the victims dont know what is going on, until it happens. That is what innocence causes. The abuser though has lost that innocence and knows exactly what he is doing.

That 6yr old above that did those things to his nannies, do you want to tell me you dont know he is simulating sexual acts he has seen? What makes you think he has not tried it on the small girls around him, if he is bold enough to do that to the nanny? There is a thread here about people that were abused when they were little, none of them told their parents. And they remember all the details at their age. We hear about kids committing suicide after being taunted for doing s*exual acts. Prevention is better than cure. Nothing cute about kids having boyfriends. But what ever works for other's, will not work for me. As for me, that aint happening. I will severely warn such a parent and the child too.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by agiboma(f): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
jennykadry:

Ok, I thought he was attending day care in Nigeria with all the little girls kissing and hugging him, I was just going to say I don't blame the girls, who would see a Canadian citizen and not work hard at trying to hook him first? First come first serve they say.

lol I agree and he real cute to so its a little easier, but im his mommy so im bias, but some other NL have seen his pictures on other forums i post regularly on so they can definetly back up my statement.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Mrsmansson(f): 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
agiboma: @jk my son was born in Canada and currently attending daycare there also.
Have you gone back to canada.thought you were in ph.hope you are not their alone.just asking.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
Thanks y'all, I appreciate your contributions smiley
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Meegadough: 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2013
onila: NL Whorez be hating on my V-status
Don't mind 'em haters, just keep the V 4 me. Lol
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Ilekokonit: 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2013

baby_123:
I know of a story a 7yr old had a breakup with her boyfriend, she went to stand outside of his house in his favorite outfit on her, crying. Like WTF?! That is too much, too soon.

Her parents and the boys parents should be flogged to regain their lost common sense. What arrant nonsense and carelessless on the parents part. Some parents are leading their children astray with their own hands. Ile la tin kesho rode (Charity begins from home).

Some parents don't realise that a childs brain is not fully developed even in their early teens and the reason the age of criminal responsibility worldwide is 10yrs and above is because at lower ages the law deems that children do not realise the full consequences of their actions.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by baby124: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ilekokonit:

Her parents and the boys parents should be flogged to regain their lost common sense. What arrant nonsense and carelessless on the parents part. Some parents are leading their children astray with their own hands. Ile la tin kesho rode (Charity begins from home).

Some parents don't realise that a childs brain is not fully developed even in their early teens and the reason the age of criminal responsibility worldwide is 10yrs and above is because at lower ages the law deems that children do not realise the full consequences of their actions.

The person who told me is a friend to this girl's parents. He was relating the story out of shock. The girl's parents had to be called to come and pick their child from the boy's parents steps. As she won't leave, crying for the boy. Parents don't realise kids copy behavior a lot. I bet they thought it was cute when it all started. Who knows if she learnt the behavior from aunties and uncles who had girlfriends or boyfriends around her. By the way, it was a swimsuit she wore to his house. Her parents were soooo ashamed.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2013
How and when did she get there? Play date ? It's kinda odd ... My kids are moi watch 24/7: school -home- after school - activities - ALL under very close supervision.
It's the parent 's fault simple. Swimsuit kę lipsrsealed, going for lessons? grin
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by baby124: 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
jidegirl12: How and when did she get there? Play date ? It's kinda odd ... My kids are moi watch 24/7: school -home- after school - activities - ALL under very close supervision.
It's the parent 's fault simple. Swimsuit kę lipsrsealed, going for lessons? grin

I really don't know how she got there. But I will assume they live in the same neighborhood. It was the boys favorite swimsuit she had on. Maybe she thought he would want her and change his mind, seeing it on her.hahahahaha. Even the guy that told me kept saying "Can you imagine?". Cause he has kids too. I don't think the parents knew she was there. Until they got the call. Its 3rd hand gist, me sef was too shocked to comprehend the whole matter.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
baby_123:

I really don't know how she got there. But I will assume they live in the same neighborhood. It was the boys favorite swimsuit she had on. Maybe she thought he would want her and change his mind, seeing it on her.hahahahaha. Even the guy that told me kept saying "Can you imagine?" I don't think the parents knew she was there. Until they got the call. Its 3rd hand gist, me sef was too shocked to comprehend the whole matter.

That one pass me o I swear lipsrsealed ... how did she get out of the house? 7years old? It's quite disturbing ! Very bad bad parents!
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by baby124: 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
jidegirl12:

That one pass me o I swear lipsrsealed ... how did she get out of the house? 7years old? It's quite disturbing ! Very bad bad parents!

I really don't know myself. The person relating the story was more concerned about how hard it is to raise girls. Me, I was too shocked. shocked
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by agiboma(f): 11:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
Mrs mansson:
Have you gone back to canada.thought you were in ph.hope you are not their alone.just asking.

Naw, Im not alone I got all my family here with me. Baby due in a few weeks will spend some more time here then return to PH together.
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Boss13: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
onila: i had my first boyfriend when I was just 4 years old
he was in my class
we kissed everyday before our first morning class

This gal lies dey itch my ears
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Mrsmansson(f): 12:13am On Feb 10, 2013
agiboma:

Naw, Im not alone I got all my family here with me. Baby due in a few weeks will spend some more time here then return to PH together.
Wish u safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by onila(f): 12:18am On Feb 10, 2013
Boss13:

i was born in the UK...BUSH rat
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 10, 2013
Boss13:

lol na 2 day?
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Boss13: 12:23am On Feb 10, 2013
onila: i was born in the UK...BUSH rat

Now your comment shows how low life you are. Do you know that a baby was just born in the UK?
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by onila(f): 12:30am On Feb 10, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

lol na 2 day?
mess off, dirty who..re
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by onila(f): 12:34am On Feb 10, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

lol na 2 day?
Bleep off, dirty who..re
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 10, 2013
onila: i am more behaved than that brat called ikele idi

lol
Re: My Little Girl And Her Crush by Boss13: 12:39am On Feb 10, 2013
onila: Bleep off, dirty who..re

You are a woman you should act decently and stop the cursing. Women with class do not engage in such activity. It is a shame you were born in UK and you don't know this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘I Thought My Husband Was Too Handsome To Marry Me’ / My Home Is Collapsing / The 'me And My Husband Alone" Sydromne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.