Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,919 members, 7,952,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (675582 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mologi: waoh!@oga i did dis wich vamoosed my money,wel i wl go abu dhabi tomorow.cus smbdy advisd me 2 go to 9ja embasy in dhabi.may dey cn help

Okay, good luck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hello House...Please I was issued a 1month dubai visa on the 30th October..but intend to travel to Dubai this week...So I have the following questions...1) Will my visa start reading on arrival..I mean will it expire on 30th November..or a month upon my arrival?.

2) Is it possible to get an instant accommodation in deira(having following this thread for a while)? or I will have to spend some days in the hotel before I could secure an accommodation?.

3) Lastly, I was first issued the visa in August which I didn't use till it expire, then I re-apply in October which was granted again and still valid. Does that mean I will not be able to apply for the one month visa extension after this one expire upon arrival. Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
michaelcu: Hello House...Please I was issued a 1month dubai visa on the 30th October..but intend to travel to Dubai this week...So I have the following questions...1) Will my visa start reading on arrival..I mean will it expire on 30th November..or a month upon my arrival?.

2) Is it possible to get an instant accommodation in deira(having following this thread for a while)? or I will have to spend some days in the hotel before I could secure an accommodation?.

3) Lastly, I was first issued the visa in August which I didn't use till it expire, then I re-apply in October which was granted again and still valid. Does that mean I will not be able to apply for the one month visa extension after this one expire upon arrival. Thanks

1. It will start counting upon your arrival in the UAE.

2. You can get shared accommodation on arrival depending on when your flight arrives either Dubai or Abu-dhabi, if it arrives early enough, you can quickly network around Deira area for assistance or alternatively if you have friends and family members in the UAE, you can call them before arrival to be on standby to get shared accommodation for you,but, if your flight arrives late, it means you will sleep at least 1 night in the hotel before you source for accommodation.

3. Yes, you can apply for another 1month extension if the visa you currently have now is the extendable one.

4. Tread cautiously as you arrive especially when you get to Deira, trust nobody, as Deira is a mixture of the good, bad & ugly.

5. Watch your personal effects (cash & passport) very well either in your hotel room and shared accommodation.

Goodluck and wish you safe arrival.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Mologi(m): 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
Wait o guy......ar u comin 4 holiday,to luk 4 job or to buy goods.also av u alredy booked 4 an hotel 4rm 9ja.(if nt).I cn provid a sharin acomodation(wit money)4 u,
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

1. It will start counting upon your arrival in the UAE.

2. You can get shared accommodation on arrival depending on when your flight arrives either Dubai or Abu-dhabi, if it arrives early enough, you can quickly network around Deira area for assistance or alternatively if you have friends and family members in the UAE, you can call them before arrival to be on standby to get shared accommodation for you,but, if your flight arrives late, it means you will sleep at least 1 night in the hotel before you source for accommodation.

3. Yes, you can apply for another 1month extension if the visa you currently have now is the extendable one.

4. Tread cautiously as you arrive especially when you get to Deira, trust nobody, as Deira is a mixture of the good, bad & ugly.

5. Watch your personal effects (cash & passport) very well either in your hotel room and shared accommodation.

Goodluck and wish you safe arrival.

Thanks Boss, I know I can count on you for a reliable response.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mologi: Wait o guy......ar u comin 4 holiday,to luk 4 job or to buy goods.also av u alredy booked 4 an hotel 4rm 9ja.(if nt).I cn provid a sharin acomodation(wit money)4 u,

I'm coming to look for job. And no I haven't booked an hotel yet..still planning to do that tomorrow. How much is the shared accommodation? and how many in a room if I may ask?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hello house, Please can anyone advice on another decent and affordable area I could stay or check-in for accommodation apart from the (famous) Deira
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:34am On Nov 11, 2013
michaelcu: Hello house, Please can anyone advice on another decent and affordable area I could stay or check-in for accommodation apart from the (famous) Deira

How much do you intend to spend? Cos one individual could say 500dollars per night is affordable while another individual would see it as very expensive. Some hotels you can check out are Holiday Inn express,richmond hotel apartments, Arabian hotel or preferably go to tripadvisor.com and you will see different affordable hotels in dubai and their prices. So go through it and make your choice. Since you dont want deira.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 11, 2013
michaelcu: Hello house, Please can anyone advice on another decent and affordable area I could stay or check-in for accommodation apart from the (famous) Deira

ln my personal and honest opinion, l will advise you start your networking from Deira, there are lots of cheap hotels in deira, you can get as cheap as 80 dhs per night, l have met several forumites who arrived of recent and paid 80dhs per night in a shared hotel room and just last week another forumite called me from deira in his hotel room, l recalled when he was discussing with me on the phone and l asked him how much he paid he told me 130 dhs per night in a single room, he only paid for one night and got accommodation the following day.

Deira is also the place you will meet people who will assist you to network very well for cheap accommodation.Another forumite that arrived few days ago called me on phone, his brother is also a forumite and asked him to call me, l saw him few days ago and he got a nice place off Deira with few people, so Deira to me should be your port of arrival and from there you can get accommodation anywhere. Despite all the negatives about deira, it is still a bubbling zone, it has the good, bad and the ugly.

Lastly, l will advise you relax your mind as regard cheap hotels/shared accommodation, it is not a big issue and should be your least worries, your major concern should be to arrive and secure a job within weeks.l understand your fears especially as a newbie, besides, we have sincere forumites/members you can always count upon to assist you, so you can always contact them before your arrival to give you some assistance,so look beyond accommodation/cheap hotels and allow your subconscious mind to start preparing you for a job on arrival. Goodluck

Notice: shared accommodation should be from $200 upwards depending on the number of guys in the room, if you want like 3 or 4 guys in a room, you might pay more than $200,since you are coming to look for a job, l think you should not spend too much for hotel/shared accommodation, your key/motto should be spend less and secure a job and move to company provided accommodation.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by irayson: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2013
what is ethihad office is or emirate Please help
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Mologi(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2013
guy it s as if u av plenty money(y cum uae).wel wen i arivd i ws stayin wit almost ten guys in a room(fully air conditioned).and i paid 200usd.The fact iz if u dnt stay in deira or any place around deira u might regret it,cus no matter wat u wl stl b cumin 2 deira.i wuld advice u nt to tink of lodgin into an hotel.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 7:36am On Nov 11, 2013
irayson: what is ethihad office is or emirate Please help
go to TT service 111, obafemi awolowo rd.ikeja lagos phone....+23412120231 +2348099122384 dont go to emirate bcus u can't meet der terms nd conditions..bcus hav called them for visa services dey said dey we counts d day i we use nd dey r d one who we book hotel for me...emirate is own by private seector in dubai why etihad r own by national airlines...so for etihad
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2013
irayson: what is ethihad office is or emirate Please help

Emirates office in Lagos

Churhgate building, 4th floor
Plot PC 30, Afribank
Victoria Island, Lagos
Tel: +234 1271 7600

Working Hours: Mon to fri 9.00 to 16.00
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 11, 2013
dapelua: go to TT service 111, obafemi awolowo rd.ikeja lagos phone....+23412120231 +2348099122384 dont go to emirate bcus u can't meet der terms nd conditions..bcus hav called them for visa services dey said dey we counts d day i we use nd dey r d one who we book hotel for me...emirate is own by private seector in dubai why etihad r own by national airlines...so for etihad

Very Very correct and spot on, l totally agree with you Dapelua, l will certainly go with Etihad any day, majority of our forumites whom l have met in Dubai for business /Job said same thing to me, Emirates are too rigid with their conditions while Etihad is flexible.

@Dapelua, how are you . Quite a while; l hope you are fine
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2013
Wassup in the building?

How y'all keeping it real in Dubai?

Might ballin soon !

SHALOM
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2013
suxes2005: Wassup in the building?

Might ballin soon !

SHALOM

You are always welcome, hope your day is going on fine?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
suxes2005: Wassup in the building?

Might ballin soon !

SHALOM

Keep ballin....we are expecting you..lol
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2013

Very Very correct and spot on, l totally agree with you Dapelua, l will certainly go with Etihad any day, majority of our forumites whom l have met in Dubai for business /Job said same thing to me, Emirates are too rigid with their conditions while Etihad is flexible.

@Dapelua, how are you . Quite a while; l hope you are fine
tanx @ ogaphatapata...am stil in my father's country...bcus i lost my visa last month due to high price in flght....but hav apply 4 anoda visa sha...nd it we cumout very soon...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
dapelua: tanx @ ogaphatapata...am stil in my father's country...bcus i lost my visa last month due to high price in flght....but hav apply 4 anoda visa sha...nd it we cumout very soon...

Really , sorry about that, good to know you have applied for another one, thanks for your wonderful contribution on this thread, please always chip in your suggestions it does help newbies avoid mistakes on or before arrival, l shall be expecting you soon in the emirates, cheers my brother.

Notice: try and look out for promotional fares for your tickets and book ahead of time, it does help,but, make sure you travel on the said date of departure. Goodluck & wishing you safe arrival.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by goodtalk(m): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
grin Peeps in! Notices iqwe has retuned from temporary vacation! cool and peeps out again! Una wel don o!! grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
@goodtalk, welcome my brother, how is everything generally with you?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by olamitunde(m): 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2013

Which embassy?.............read backwards on this thread, we have given the phone contacts of both Etihad & Emirates airlines who will sponsor your visa applications, take your time and read.........goodluck.

Are you saying you call only apply for visa through Etihaad and Emirates?
Please,i need more explanation because i need a visa to Dubai to buy stuffs. thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
olamitunde:

Are you saying you call only apply for visa through Etihaad and Emirates?
Please,i need more explanation because i need a visa to Dubai to buy stuffs. thanks

Not really, there are other Airlines, 5 star hotels in the UAE & tour agencies , that can also sponsor your visa applications,but, the 2 airlines you mentioned in your questions are both based here in the UAE, so it is better to use them, but, you can also try other Airlines and see which one suit your taste.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by olamitunde(m): 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2013

Not really, there are other Airlines, 5 star hotels in the UAE & tour agencies , that can also sponsor your visa applications,but, the 2 airlines you mentioned in your questions are both based here in the UAE, so it is better to use them, but, you can also try other Airlines and see which one suit your taste.

thank you for your quick response. what are the requirements including fees involved?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
olamitunde:

thank you for your quick response. what are the requirements including fees involved?

Can you read back- wards, the contacts for both emirates & etihad airlines has been provided today in the forum, copy the numbers and call both airlines, they will tell you their requirements & fees.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Jubby(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
@ogakpatakpata and others already based in d UAE,I must say am happy for u guys bt sad that u had to find a better life outside your home country,but wat can man do wen GOD rules.PLZ brodas wld like to knw if its best to come to UAE by self or an agent aspa JOB tinz cos I have an agent dat said he can get me a Job,accomodation,ticket nd stuff all in one thru a company in UAE dat I don't need to stress my self.But all hv read frm u guys it seems u did it ur self by going to see d place 1st hand nd lookng 4 jobs ur self.So plz advice me ma fellow brodas
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jubby: @ogakpatakpata and others already based in d UAE,I must say am happy for u guys bt sad that u had to find a better life outside your home country,but wat can man do wen GOD rules.PLZ brodas wld like to knw if its best to come to UAE by self or an agent aspa JOB tinz cos I have an agent dat said he can get me a Job,accomodation,ticket nd stuff all in one thru a company in UAE dat I don't need to stress my self.But all hv read frm u guys it seems u did it ur self by going to see d place 1st hand nd lookng 4 jobs ur self.So plz advice me ma fellow brodas

Yes, l am glad you have read through, it is better you arrive, be on ground and search for job yourself, all you have read on this thread is nothing but the truth, l will also add that you take a pen & paper, write down all the tips we have given here, it will guide your journey from Nigeria to the UAE, and it will tell you all you have to do to secure a job. Goodluck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
@Jubby.........................Honestly, phone contacts and e-mail address is highly prohibited from been displayed in the forum, you will be attracting sanctions from the moderators, the PM & contact details is always at the signature profiles of every forumite, so make use of it and avoid dropping your contacts openly, it is against the rules of the house.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Jubby(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Wow am vry sorry house didn't mean any harm,my sincere apologies to he house.So my bro am a graduate frm d uni nd I majored in building construction,can I get a well paying job based on a 9ja certificate or its only regular jobs dat I can get nd lyk hw much can d salaries b plus wch areas r best in UAE to get good jobs nd accomodations. @HOUSE am so sorry once again for putting up my details
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jubby: Wow am vry sorry house didn't mean any harm,my sincere apologies to he house.So my bro am a graduate frm d uni nd I majored in building construction,can I get a well paying job based on a 9ja certificate or its only regular jobs dat I can get nd lyk hw much can d salaries b plus wch areas r best in UAE to get good jobs nd accomodations. @HOUSE am so sorry once again for putting up my details

lt means you haven't read the thread, if you really do, you must have noticed/observed that your questions has been addressed several times in the forum, but for emphasis sake,let me give you few tips:

1. Only God can guarantee that you will secure a job within the validity of your 1 month visa+ another 1 month if the need arises for you to do extension, l might not be able to hazard a guess as regard the time frame for you to get a job.

2. Your salary can only be determine by whoever employs you

3. All the 7 emirates in the UAE are good,but, most people seem to prefer dubai because it attracts more tourist than other emirates, as for jobs you can equally be employed in any of the emirates.

4. Come with enough cash, it has been recommended for those arriving dubai to hold a minimum of $2000, the UAE is very expensive, you need money and proper networking with friends and family members to be able to survive the competitive environment of the UAE.

5. Be prepared psychologically, mentally, spiritually and financially to navigate the UAE, especially when you arrive, attend several interviews and it seems there is no way out for you to secure a job, it can be frustrating and depressing.

6. Lastly, take your time and start from page 1 of this thread to read, it will pay you big time, asking one questions or same questions that has been answered already will not do you much good, so enjoy a robust reading and gather all the wisdom tips littered in the thread.

Goodluck with your plans.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by verocharles(m): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
My people I greet. All existing protocols observed Igwe and co. I stormed this thread a week ago and I devouted time to read from 1til 189. I finished going through it. I am highly informed, impressed, motivated on what is going on. More grease to your elbows. I have started processing my cousin's visa who finished service this year with the information I gathered. U made me to get registered in Nairaland just to commend you guys. I have been a guest in Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.