Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (661432 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by uchman(m): 7:17am On Nov 14, 2013
Believe everybody must have heard my oga at the top's warning concerning NETWORKING...Network properly before going to dubai...it pays to do your networking properly @Ogakpatakpata,please can you break down the networking of an issue...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by uchman(m): 7:18am On Nov 14, 2013
Goodmorning all...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 14, 2013
uchman: Believe everybody must have heard my oga at the top's warning concerning NETWORKING...Network properly before going to dubai...it pays to do your networking properly @Ogakpatakpata,please can you break down the networking of an issue...

Networking is simple as doing the followings , but , not limited to the the list below, although, my opinions:

1. Arrive with enough cash

2. Prepare your CV in a simplified form, and enumerate all your skills,competencies, qualifications & experiences

3. Start submitting and posting them to different job portals in the UAE on or before arrival

4. liaise with sincere / honest Nigerians in the UAE on or before arrival

5. Dont come to the UAE with over the board expectations, that is dont expect when you arrive with your WAEC /NECO certificate you will be offered a job as a bank manager.

6. If you have a good job in Nigeria, don't just jump into the next available flight heading to the UAE and expect to get a fantastic job on arrival

7. If you desperately desire to leave Nigeria to work in the UAE,it is advisable you arrive during your vacation, scan around for jobs, compare/contrast and see if you can face all the competition and drama in the UAE.

8. As a fresh graduate from Nigeria with or without experience, be prepared to start with a low payed job.

9. Be prepared to face stiff competition in the UAE with the rest of the world.

10. Whatever qualifications you got from Nigeria, be prepared to see and compete with similar or better qualifications from different parts of the globe in the UAE.

11. If you are patient enough, you might climb your career ladder fast.

12. Dont arrive and be looking for white collar jobs alone, think outside the box, by this l mean don't arrive the UAE and expect to be employed immediately as a cashier, receptionist, administrative positions, accountant, Engineer, bank manager, customer service executive, medical professional etc, some of those jobs requires some kind of upgrading / bridging /new certifications obtained in the UAE to enable you stand a chance of been employed, again, most of the white collar jobs are also what Americans,Europeans,Asians, Middle Eastern countries are looking for, so it is damn competitive and it takes a big miracle to be considered for those positions, although, not impossible.

13. If you are business inclined and you are smart, you will break even within a short time in the UAE, so you can add business with your job.

14. Dont forget to network with the big and master of all networkers " GOD ALMIGHTY ""

This are my honest and personal opinions based on what l have seen here in the UAE.

Enjoy your day cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by azyaq(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

Networking is simple as doing the followings , but , not limited to the the list below, although, my opinions:

2. Prepare your CV in a simplified form, and enumerate all your skills,competencies, qualifications & experiences

3. Start submitting and posting them to different job portals in the UAE on or before arrival

5. Dont come to the UAE with over the board expectations, that is dont expect when you arrive with your WAEC /NECO certificate you will be offered a job as a bank manager.

6. If you have a good job in Nigeria, don't just jump into the next available flight heading to the UAE and expect to get a fantastic job on arrival

7. If you desperately desire to leave Nigeria to work in the UAE,it is advisable you arrive during your vacation, scan around for jobs, compare/contrast and see if you can face all the competition and drama in the UAE.

8. As a fresh graduate from Nigeria with or without experience, be prepared to start with a low payed job.

10. Whatever qualifications you got from Nigeria, be prepared to see and compete with similar or better qualifications from different parts of the globe in the UAE.

12. Dont arrive and be looking for white collar jobs alone, think outside the box, by this l mean don't arrive the UAE and expect to be employed immediately as a cashier, receptionist, administrative positions, accountant, Engineer, bank manager, customer service executive, medical professional etc, some of those jobs requires some kind of upgrading / bridging /new certifications obtained in the UAE to enable you stand a chance of been employed, again, most of the white collars jobs are also what Americans,Europeans,Asians, Middle Eastern countries are looking for, so it is damn competitive and it takes a big miracle to be considered for those positions, although, not impossible.

13. If you are business inclined and you are smart, you will break even within a short time in the UAE, so you can add business with your job.

14. Dont forget to network with the big and master of all networkers " GOD ALMIGHTY ""

This are my honest and personal opinions based on what l have seen here in the UAE.

tnx man am planin of leaving naija by dec for Qatar. Am presently a clerk in a university and i Bsc in electronics n computer engineerin, am also very good in welding ie ( i learn welder) any hope for me if i eventually make down.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
azyaq: tnx man am planin of leaving naija by dec for Qatar. Am presently a clerk in a university and i Bsc in electronics n computer engineerin, am also very good in welding ie ( i learn welder) any hope for me if i eventually make down.

There is hope for you or anybody as long as you do all that has been suggested to you, l am also glad to hear you have additional skills like welding + your Engineering degree, all things being equal, you might see light at the end of the tunnel, as long as you prepare very well and do all the needful, when you have done your best, consult your "" CREATOR "" for direction and his blessings/favour on your trip, then you are good to go. lastly, take your time and read from page 1 of this thread to the end, with a pen & paper and write down all the wisdom tips littered everywhere in this thread by different experts based in Qatar & Dubai, follow religiously every advise given. Goodluck.

Notice: before you leave for Qatar, make sure you consult with your friends & family members based in Doha, seek their opinions as regard the kind of visa you require to have a good chance of securing a job, also compare and contrast salaries/benefits in Qatar with what you are currently earning as a clerk in the University in Nigeria, then make an informed decision.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by azyaq(m): 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2013

There is hope for you or anybody as long as you do all that has been suggested to you, l am also glad to hear you have additional skills like welding + your Engineering degree, all things being equal, you might see light at the end of the tunnel, as long as you prepare very well and do all the needful, when you have done your best, consult your "" CREATOR "" for direction and his blessings/favour on your trip, then you are good to go. lastly, take your time and read from page 1 of this thread to the end, with a pen & paper and write down all the wisdom tips littered everywhere in this thread by different experts based in Qatar & Dubai, follow religiously every advise given. Goodluck.

Notice: before you leave for Qatar, make sure you consult with your friends & family members based in Doha, seek their opinions as regard the kind of visa you require to have a good chance of securing a job, also compare and contrast salaries/benefits in Qatar with what you are currently earning as a clerk in the University in Nigeria, then make an informed decision.
tnx man i'll do as Ɣΰ've said. Pls can Ɣΰ contact me @ yakazeez@gmail.com for som private discussion. Thnx Ɣΰ Sir
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
azyaq: tnx man i'll do as Ɣΰ've said. Pls can Ɣΰ contact me @ yakazeez@gmail.com for som private discussion. Thnx Ɣΰ Sir

You are welcome, dropping of e-mail & phone contacts is against the rules of the forum, if you so desire to talk to me, my contacts is on my signature profile.Enjoy your day.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
azyaq: tnx man i'll do as Ɣΰ've said. Pls can Ɣΰ contact me @ yakazeez@gmail.com for som private discussion. Thnx Ɣΰ Sir

Stop acting mumu now. BTW, his contact is right there in his signature.
How on earth do you expect someone who wants to help you to be the one
looking for you?

justi4jesu:

Am very fine Mr suxes2005, hope you are doing great also..

Yes I am.

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ogakpatakpata, send e-mail o grin
People can be quite funny. U will sing the same tune everyday yet some people will still come and ask strange questions.

@ Azyaq
What type of welding are u into? Is it the usual local roadside welding thing or an industry based one? Even if it's the roadside welding skills u have, u already have the foundation to build industry based welding skills on. There are a set of courses that u can take here that will help u get into the oil & gas industry without much stress. Only snag is that these courses don't come cheap >sad
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2013

12. Dont arrive and be looking for white collar jobs alone, think outside the box, by this l mean don't arrive the UAE and expect to be employed immediately as a cashier, receptionist, administrative positions, accountant, Engineer, bank manager, customer service executive, medical professional etc, some of those jobs requires some kind of upgrading / bridging /new certifications obtained in the UAE to enable you stand a chance of been employed, again, most of the white collars jobs are also what Americans,Europeans,Asians, Middle Eastern countries are looking for, so it is damn competitive and it takes a big miracle to be considered for those positions, although, not impossible.

Succinctly written. UAE adventurer should take that as their Bible.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Dr.Dre..................send e-mail to who/whom ...........you know l dont do private e-mails for long in this forum. cool grin cheesy cool
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
naijamark:

Succinctly written. UAE adventurer should take that as their Bible.

Thanks for your comments, they are indeed valuable, hope your day went well
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by azyaq(m): 6:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
suxes2005:

Stop acting mumu now. BTW, his contact is right there in his signature.
How on earth do you expect someone who wants to help you to be the one
looking for you?

Yes I am.

SHALOM
its good to always ask b4 Ɣΰ act, always watch tongue
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @Dr.Dre..................send e-mail to who/whom ...........you know l dont do private e-mails for long in this forum. cool grin cheesy cool
Someone that needs ur assistance asked u to send him an email for private discussion cheesy
How have u been? Hope u are back from the desert grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dr. Dre:

Someone that needs ur assistance asked u to send him an email for private discussion cheesy
How have u been? Hope u are back from the desert grin

l think he must have gotten the message now, l don't do e-mails from this thread, l am fine, is just that l am swamped with work & business, but, l am trying to relax well to avoid been stressed out, although, it is getting colder here which l really like compared to the hot weather some couple of months ago, l am back from the desert, but, since the cold weather began, l have stopped drinking palm wine, l have Irish & Scottish blend of fine spirit l use to wind down in the palace daily, would you mind l DHL (2 bottles) to you in Qatar....lol.....l also hope you are doing fine with work and life generally in Doha.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by uchman(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ogakpatakpata thanks for your response...@blend scottish package,dhl to nigeria for me now!..Abi you don forget your brothers for nija here?..Hope you are good my man?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
uchman: Ogakpatakpata thanks for your response...@blend scottish package,dhl to nigeria for me now!..Abi you don forget your brothers for nija here?..Hope you are good my man?

grin grin l am good and fine, dont worry, count it done & delivered grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 6:49am On Nov 15, 2013
justi4jesu:

Yes we always advice them not to expect so much when coming down here because it is not easy and if they would read through this thread from pages 1 to the end, am sure everything will be self explanatory by then. So dont do away with your good position in Nigeria only to come down here and be disappointed.

Hi Justi, I think another factor that makes many Nigerians coming here with good degrees and experience to take up menial jobs in the fact that they are desperate to obtain any available employment letter before the expiration of the one/two months tourist visa. smiley
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 9:10am On Nov 15, 2013
monchouchou:

Hi Justi, I think another factor that makes many Nigerians coming here with good degrees anxperience to take up menial jobs in the fact that they are desperate to obtain any available employment letter before the expiration of the one/two months tourist visa. smiley

Yes sure monchouchou, thats just the fact about it. There is nothing wrong in accepting a menial job and at the same time keep looking for a better job that suits your degree and experience.. because you will be At more advantage than people applying from far countries but its not advicable to leave your well and better paid job back home and come to Uae and be eventually disappionted. But if you insist then you can take the menial job and keep searching for better opportunities. So thats life.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jerrymania(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
justi4jesu:

Yes sure monchouchou, thats just the fact about it. There is nothing wrong in accepting a menial job and at the same time keep looking for a better job that suits your degree and experience.. because you will be At more advantage than people applying from far countries but its not advicable to leave your well and better paid job back home and come to Uae and be eventually disappionted. But if you insist then you can take the menial job and keep searching for better opportunities. So thats life.

to be quite safe and sure,how much higher do i need to carry on myself to survive in the 2 months in dubai before i can get a job God willing?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
jerrymania:

to be quite safe and sure,how much higher do i need to carry on myself to survive in the 2 months in dubai before i can get a job God willing?

It was suggested some weeks back that due to the general cost of living in the UAE, accommodation, food, transportation, extension of your visa if necessary and sometimes brown envelop issues, $2000 will be ideal, l will personally recommend you hold at least $2000 to be on the safe side because you cannot predict the direction the pendulum might swing to in your job search, so it is good to be over prepared for the unexpected.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jerrymania(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2013

It was suggested some weeks back that due to the general cost of living in the UAE, accommodation, food, transportation, extension of your visa if necessary and sometimes brown envelop issues, $2000 will be ideal, l will personally recommend you hold at least $2000 to be on the safe side because you cannot predict the direction the pendulum might swing to in your job search, so it is good to be over prepared for the unexpected.

wow you mentioned brown envelop issues? does this happen in dubai? when finding work?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
jerrymania:

The least I would advice you to come with is 2000dollars cash or more because like I have suggested that if you don't eventually spend all the money, it is still yours to do away with. So come with as much as you can and since you would be staying for 2months but be prudent in your spendings.

Good luck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
jerrymania:

wow you mentioned brown envelop issues? does this happen in dubai? when finding work?

YES, YES, AND YES, in capital letters, those of us who reside here know what is happening, don't get it twisted, you might arrive here and not give any brown envelop to anybody,but, from what l have seen so far, the guys from this forum who secured jobs and what they confided in me, and my close friends/associates working in the UAE in diffferent sectors of the economy, majority gave brown envelops, l guess you might be new here, l will suggest you try and read backwards on this thread,the issue has been dealt with extensively.

Again, one of my very close friend on this thread by name ( Optimisticgondy ) whose siblings arrived about a month ago, 3 of them all gave brown envelops before they secured jobs, click on his signature profile and read what he said about his siblings, one good thing l have vowed to always do on this thread is to report issues the way they are, l would have mentioned some names on this thread who also gave various envelops to secure jobs,but, l will like to protect peoples privacy in an open forum, so prepare your mind towards it.The UAE is very expensive, the Indians seems to run/control the economy and their second name is CORRUPTION. Enjoy your day.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by jerrymania(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2013

YES, YES, AND YES, in capital letters, those of us who reside here know what is happening, don't get it twisted, you might arrive here and not give any brown envelop to anybody,but, from what l have seen so far, the guys from this forum who secured jobs and what they confided in me, and my close friends/associates working in the UAE in diffferent sectors of the economy, majority gave brown envelops, l guess you might be new here, l will suggest you try and read backwards on this thread,the issue has been dealt with extensively.

Again, one of my very close friend on this thread by name ( Optimisticgondy ) whose siblings arrived about a month ago, 3 of them all gave brown envelops before they secured jobs, click on his signature profile and read what he said about his siblings, one good thing l have vowed to always do on this thread is to report issues the way they are, l would have mentioned some names on this thread who also gave various envelops to secure jobs,but, l will like to protect peoples privacy in an open forum, so prepare your mind towards it.The UAE is very expensive, the Indians seems to run/control the economy and their second name is CORRUPTION. Enjoy your day.

Boss, i'm going to read back and take notes as you said. Now i know there will be help. Thank You.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
jerrymania:
Boss, i'm going to read back and take notes as you said. Now i know there will be help. Thank You.

You are always welcome, take your time to read and gather relevant informations,by the time you are through with reading, you might not ask further questions again,the thread is loaded with wisdom tips, enjoy a robust reading. Goodluck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by AreaFada2: 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
Igwe, J4J and all the good people here more grease. Very educative thread.

@J4J it appears you have abandoned your francophone thread. Lol. cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
@Area-Fada..................thanks.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2013
Area-Fada:
Igwe, J4J and all the good people here more grease. Very educative thread.

@J4J it appears you have abandoned your francophone thread. Lol. cheesy

Hahahah...Area-Fada are you one of my participants? Am on it asap.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Ogarj(m): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2013
Plz i would like 2 knw how long(days) n how much it will cost me 2 get a Visa to Dubai 4 d following:
Resident Permit.
Visitation
Tourist
and plz does age matters when goin 2 Dubai to buy Goods? Plz an Urgent reply is needed cuz a friend of mine is abt 2 be SCAMMED
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 16, 2013
Ogarj: Plz i would like 2 knw how long(days) n how much it will cost me 2 get a Visa to Dubai 4 d following:
Resident Permit.
Visitation
Tourist
and plz does age matters when goin 2 Dubai to buy Goods? Plz an Urgent reply is needed cuz a friend of mine is abt 2 be SCAMMED

Read backwards on this thread, your questions have been answered several times,pick a pen and paper, start from page 1 of this thread,by the time you are through,both you and your friend wont be scammed. Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.