Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,107 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

New Web Series: GIDI UP - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / New Web Series: GIDI UP (10862 Views)

Between Shuga And Gidi Up, Which Do You Fond More Interesting? / Ndani TV’s Gidi Up, Episode 1, 2 & 3 / Part 1 - 3 (funny Naij Web Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
This new web series is set to release on 20th Feb 2013.

Gidi Up is a thrilling adventure centered around the lives of four friends in pursuit of happiness, success and independence. However, a few wrong choices quickly turn their Lagos dreams into a Gidi nightmare.

Watch this 8-part webseries to see how Tokunbo (Deyemi Okanlawon), Eki (Oreka Godis), Yvonne ( Somkele Iyamah) and Obi (Karibi Fubura) deal with love, sex and making a living in one of Africa's biggest cities.

Also staring Lynxxx, Burna Boy, Bimbo Manuel, Segun Arinze, Temi Dollface and Daniel Effiong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14CbdAnvKc

Written and Directed by Jadesola Osiberu
Director of Photography: Muhammad Atta Ahmed
Producer: Jadesola Osiberu
Associate Producer and production manager: Toyin Fajusigbe
Casting Director: Kemi 'Lala' Akindoju
Sound: Leke Awoyinka
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Okay
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
The trailer is okay. I will watch if I have extra time to spare
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 7:10am On Feb 21, 2013
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 8:17am On Feb 21, 2013
Episode 2: Lights, Camera, Cougars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUkAbHKs-nE

1 Like

Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by VillageBoi(m): 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
Very nice, well done to the whole team!
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Mynd44: 4:21am On Feb 22, 2013
Nice
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by lynx200(m): 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nice show. Well paced, nice opening, great music. Well done Ndani you ve given us up coming producers a standard not only to look up to but surpass. I'm already excited bout d future. grin Can't wait to show the pilot episode of my TV series "inspired" here.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 24, 2013
Looks like something Nigerians can relate to.
Looking out in the cinemas.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 10:15am On Mar 08, 2013
Episode 3: Keeping Up Appearances
In this episode of Gidi up Tokunbo and Eki make a connection, while Obi and Yvonne share a lot but don't realise how much they have in common, and Folarin gets desperate.

Music by:
1) Temi Dollface - The Box
2) Falz - 1, 2, 3
3) Ajebutter22 - Serenre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rt2ncPgPF8
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Judging from the comments...I will watch it when the series is concluded.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ok sir
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
ijebabe: Ok sir

angry sounds more like fvck you! undecided
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 4:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Your mind is dirty o
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
ijebabe: Your mind is dirty o

Hey I didn't mean the post was se/xual ooooo.

Just that the 'ok sir' sounded more like 'suit your self' OR 'who cares?' OR 'go fvck urself' grin. I can read it cry
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by knzguru(m): 2:18am On Mar 21, 2013
GIDI UP EPISODE 4: Frenemies
In this episode of Gidi Up Tokunbo meets up with old friends, Monye discovers Eki's crush and Obi reveals a secret.

Music by:

1) Black Coffee - Turn Me On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3rYLeSe6Q
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 21, 2013
Ijebabe sef don forget grin

Meanwhile, Semid4lyfe. Considering the low views these nice nigerian series get, I think they should also get to frontpage; and not just once....I think they should be hitting frontpage each time an episode is uploaded (the link on the frontpage will directly lead to the new episode). So anyone who happens to have just seen the link for a particular episode on fp might want to also scroll up and watch the previous ones. This will make the series have more views (ås web series need all the publicity they can get). This can even make nl more interesting (getting to watch series every few weeks. Makes me remember super story grin). This is just an opinion wink. its better than 'girls in the mood poster' thread grin.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 7:42am On Mar 21, 2013
I didn't forget! Episode 4 wasn't out yesterday smiley
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Mynd44: 3:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is that all you have? I want 6 ooo
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Mynd44: 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is that all you have? I want 6 oo
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 9:18am On Mar 22, 2013
Episode 5: Beautiful Sweetness
In this episode of Gidi Up, Tokunbo and Eki discover they have quite a bit in common and bond over cocktails while the consequences of Obi's poor decisions begin to catch up with him.

Music by:
1) DRB-LasGidi -- Selecta ft. Shank
2) Bemyoda - Faded Grace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhoratbLn_o
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by lynx200(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2013
Nice one from ndani TV. Couldn't get d concept at first though I loved d pictures and the music. But the story is now opening up. Obi being the typical chap who gets a loan to keep up d lifestyle and now things are going wrong, The burgeoning closeness between Eki and Tokunbo and Yvonne trying to escape the clutches of an elderly man who helped set up her biz and now wants payback. Nice story. Its encouraging to see that producers are putting their shows on d web though I wish they could optimize for mobile phones. With all this I am seriously looking at putting up my own series on the web. Watch out for INSPIRED.Nice work ijebabe for bringing this to our attention. Makes my net connection worthwhile.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 10:32am On Mar 22, 2013
^ Its a very well done series, in terms of production, sound and picture quality. Story is very intriguing you don't see the next move coming. Too bad its only 8 parts.

Putting your series on the web is a good start for a beginner who wants to draw attention to his work before cashing in on future projects. Good luck with that, I hope you share it here with us.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Ignatio(m): 4:16am On Mar 24, 2013
Wow good work. From the sound to pic quality to dialogues and editing is nice. Will take my time with the episodes. Done with one today. Tomorrow will be on 2. Inspiration to upcoming film makers.This should be on frontpage.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Briareos(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
And the acting - oh, the subtle acting. there is hope for nollywood, afterall.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by semid4lyfe(m): 9:02am On Mar 25, 2013
speedyboi: Ijebabe sef don forget grin

Meanwhile, Semid4lyfe. Considering the low views these nice nigerian series get, I think they should also get to frontpage; and not just once....I think they should be hitting frontpage each time an episode is uploaded (the link on the frontpage will directly lead to the new episode). So anyone who happens to have just seen the link for a particular episode on fp might want to also scroll up and watch the previous ones. This will make the series have more views (ås web series need all the publicity they can get). This can even make nl more interesting (getting to watch series every few weeks. Makes me remember super story grin). This is just an opinion wink. its better than 'girls in the mood poster' thread grin.

I'm keeping tabs on the thread. . . .
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2013
'Special appearance from Segun Arinze' was supposed to go in this post https://www.nairaland.com/1190850/new-web-series-gidi-up#14853192 not the title. Thanks smiley
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
semid4lyfe:

I'm keeping tabs on the thread. . . .

Thanks......and please not only this one. There's one sitcom thread like that as well; 'how she left my brother' I think. That has been concluded. And I think there should be other nice nigerian web series too on nairaland, but they all always die due to low views.
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
Episode 6: Snakes and Ladders

In this episode of Gidi Up, things are looking up for Tokunbo, we finally get to meet Sharon, Chief's daughter and Obi's life is spiraling into a Gidi nightmare.

Special appearance by Lynxxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrIlRJRhoY4
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 1:21am On Apr 19, 2013
Episode 7: Breaking Point

In this episode of Gidi Up, things fall apart when Folarin reaches breaking point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6CNV3e8hrY
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by ijebabe: 1:22am On Apr 19, 2013
Episode 8: Dark as Knight

In this final episode of Season 1 of Gidi Up, things take a dark and unexpected turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfCWjb5YETY
Re: New Web Series: GIDI UP by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
I can now grab my popcorn grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zee World Twist Of Fate Teasers (september 2017) – Ends This Month / Why Are Central African Actors & Actresses More Bold Than Other African Actors? / NTA on the internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.