Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! (17454 Views)

» Join Mobile Phone Users BBM Channel Here For Tech Tutorials, Apps & More « / Collections Of Some Tecno Stock Roms & Back Up / HTC Desire S Owners Thread. ROMS, Updates, Apps & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
akwunmi: HI,
WHERE CAN I GET FAIRLY USE ONE x and LIK HOW IS D CURRENT PRIZE?
COZ I NEED AM QUICK....!!!

annastacie: please how much is it

Bwaal: Plz how much can i get 1 htc mobile i nid it badly

Visit the nearest phone dealer or phone store in your location for an accurate price for this smart phone but to have an idea go there http://www.slotlimited.com/products/HTC-One-X.html

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Reelsteel: 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Infoseye:

Welcome to my thread for HTC one X & HTC One XL, Yea Venom is the BEST Rom out there! I have used it and I cant stop loving my HTC One X everyday. I have been a fan of Apple products for years and decided to give android a try and seriously my iphone 4 feels like a heavy brick in my hand. Great device! Wonderful experience and user friendly not to talk about the specs damn!

Okay man get your HTC repaired and flash Viper Rom and join my dream grin in the mean time educate yourself about rooting,flashing of roms etc @ onexroot.com

Im really overwhelmed to see people who love htc products as much as i do. I can campaign for the company free of charge.I have succesfully converted two of my friends to strong htc lovers. This company makes very very brilliant phones, from the built to there htc sense customization which is very simple, easy to use and beats samsung touchwiz.
I got my htc one x tegra 3 two months after it launched, that around may last year after i sold my HD7. i have loved every moment of it.

I have my phone rooted, and bootloader unlocked with cwm, im running the custom Rom "Android revolution Hd 18.1 by mike1986" on it which look exactly like the stock rom.
IS venom Really the best Rom out there and what are the main features.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Reelsteel: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
Adanyebe: HTC ONE IS THE BOMB
Im Ready to sell my one x in a few months to come to get that devices.
HTC for Life
This my beloveth company needs more marketing strategy, I guess being scarce is one of the reason i love it.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
Reelsteel:

Im really overwhelmed to see people who love htc products as much as i do. I can campaign for the company free of charge.I have succesfully converted two of my friends to strong htc lovers. This company makes very very brilliant phones, from the built to there htc sense customization which is very simple, easy to use and beats samsung touchwiz.
I got my htc one x tegra 3 two months after it launched, that around may last year after i sold my HD7. i have loved every moment of it.

I have my phone rooted, and bootloader unlocked with cwm, im running the custom Rom "Android revolution Hd 18.1 by mike1986" on it which look exactly like the stock rom.
IS venom Really the best Rom out there and what are the main features.

Yea Venom is pretty cool and to me its the BEST out there, I dont know where to start is it customization? Additional features? or Batter life that last longer? I cant say it all but here are the updates, features and change logs below:

...presents you ViperX rom!

The Mother of One X ROMS's! It's the most featured and most innovative Sense ROM for the HTC One X.

Based on 3.14.401.31 release-keys
Multi-language
Aroma Installer v2.56
Deodexed & Zipaligned using SDK r21.0.1
Init.d support
Memory optimizations
Ramdisk Tweaks
Venom Tweaks - HUGE collection of customizable tweaks
Venom HUB - download themes/read news/send feedbacks directly from your phone
Venom OTA - receive automatic over-the-air updates
Venom SuperUser
Venom File Manager
Venom Equalizer
Custom Venom Package Installer
Custom Venom Download UI
Vertical Quicksettings
Horizontal Quicksettings
Advanced Power Menu
All Market apps updated to the latest version available
Latest hosts file (AdAway)

Statusbar:

Vertical quick settings
Horizontal Quicksettings
Rearrange Quicksettings
Statusbar theming support - theme each icon individually!
Hide specific notifications icons
Battery Tweaks/MIUI Battery bar with charging animation
Choose customclock color
Center/hide clock
Hide am/pm
Weather in notification area
Custom header Date/Time Tweaks
Custom app for clock/weather click on Sense Clock widget
Carrier logo for statusbar
Choose transparancy or background for notifications pulldown
CM brightness control
Customize your carrier drag handle
Choose between AOSP and Sense Recent apps dialog
Customize carrier caption
Show carrier icon
Hide settings icon
Run custom app when pressing settings icon
Choose between AOSP and Sense Recent apps dialog

Rosie Launcher:

Enable landscape rosie
Enable infinitive looping on Home
Lock/unlock workspaces
Transparent navbar
Rosie Appdrawer Border
Transparent Rosie app drawer!!!!
Choose icon packs for Rosie - Works also for most ADW Icon Packs!
Increase rows/columns in app drawer to 5x6 and 7x3
Rosie Scroll wallpaper!
Hide app labels on homescreen
Use custom background image in the app drawer
Custom app for press on clock of htc clock widget
Custom app for press on weather of htc clock widget

Lockscreen:

ICS AOSP Lockscreen
Toggle to immediatly unlock aosp lockscreen on incoming call
Custom carrier lockscreen text
Hide time on lockscreen
Hide apm/pm on lockscreen
Hide date on lockscreen
Disable vol keys on lockscreen
Custom lockscreen shortcuts
Custom app notifications on lockscreen
Custom lockring positions
Hide operator on lockscreen
Block notification pulldown on lockscreen
Choose back/home/menu to unlock
Slide 2 unlock: swype from back to menu key to unlock yor device

Buttons:

Custom 3 finger swype gestures! Remap 3 finger swype up/down right/left to 8 custom action or a custom app of your choice
Configure long press delay of buttons
Different capacitive backlight options to control when the leds shall turn off
Venom buttons manager
Longpress home on lockscreen toggles flashlight or camera
Music control with volume buttons
Disable volume keys on lockscreen
Use volume up to wake the device
Use volume down to shut screen off
Disable volume sound when pressing volume buttons

Others:

Access hidden phone menu
Lock GSM Auto PRL
Highly configurable autobrightness settings, with manual config of each sensor value
Hide different items on the APM
Mms screen on
Overscroll colours (choice of 10)
Disable pctool mount tweak
Select NFC restrictions
Carousel cube animation
Force enable Wifi N
CPU tab (no u/v for now)
Sony Bravia and Xloud
Transition animations
Custom HTC Car apps for Navigation, Phone and Music
Fast dormacy toggle
Disable HTC SmartSync

Advanced Tweaks:
Minfree configuration in tweaks
Fix permissions
Zipalign apks
Mount system rw/ro
Disable logcat
Wipe cache/dalvik

m0narx for being a java genius
My whole team, all awesome guys!
Beta tester team that found a bunch of small glitches!
amarullz for his Aroma Installer
Romanbb for the original tweaks mod idea
Lyapota for his Camera Mod
Cyanogen for the brightness mod idea
mwr666 for his original themes, most themes in the hub are based on his.
Fdb8231, mayfield, jeff, fisha and patensas for the or red venom theme
Jotha for the original battery mods
Patrics83 awesome widget_scanner tool on installing rom
Teambamf for the copy and paste hack for GTalk
brut.all for apktool - <3 (-:

For more details go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2087443
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by emmastace: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
Just did that and it ain't working.
Infoseye:

That's because the password is WRONG!

Goto your WIFI settings, scan and select the WIFI you want to connect. It will prompt for password. Type in the CORRECT password. Then hit connect!
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
emmastace: Just did that and it ain't working.

Okay if you have a profile saved for that WIFI, delete it and try connecting again. If still it does not work I suggest you review your WIFI setting on both your mobile and WIFI device.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by doziej84: 5:51am On Mar 02, 2013
how do i install ice cream sensation on my htc desire hd that came with gingerbread OS.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by ewizard1: 9:04am On Mar 02, 2013
Nice thread. anyone knws if theres a thread for DESIRE S? Cos i want to start it. Thanks
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 11:07am On Mar 02, 2013
ewizard1: Nice thread. anyone knws if theres a thread for DESIRE S? Cos i want to start it. Thanks

That will be nice, go ahead.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by ImpactWorld(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
Really enjoying my HTC One X
Nice thread
Hope to learn more from u guys
Thanks
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
ImpactWorld: Really enjoying my HTC One X
Nice thread
Hope to learn more from u guys
Thanks

Welcome....can you share with us here what you enjoy doing on your HTC apart from making phone. I mean your favourite games, apps or anything you like in particular. smiley
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by doziej84: 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
doziej84: how do i install ice cream sensation on my htc desire hd that came with gingerbread OS.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=doziej84][/quote]

Honestly I dont know about HTC desire, I use HTC One x and all that I post on here has been tried on my HTC before posting but in the main time go here https://www.nairaland.com/1212468/htc-desire-owners-thread-roms

Post your question there while I search online for a guide for you.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 12:47am On Mar 04, 2013
Hello guys visit blog @ http://android1x..co.uk/ For games, Apps and many more, I cant upload large files and also go against forums posting so much external links.

So I have decided to make a blog for games and apps downloads, other discussions will be done here on NL smiley I would be updating weekly....Please subscribe,comment, request and share my blog link with friends and android fans.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by TOXTOX: 10:46am On Mar 05, 2013
Thx Seye. I believe battery is not the problem here. I charged it for over 12 hrs before it was powered on. I even changed the battery to be sure it's not battery issue but the behaviour remains thesame. Could there be other problems? what can I do? It's permanently plugged to my system via USB cord and the momment it's removed (even when I close for the day usually at night) it will show "battery low". I need help!!!!
Infoseye:

Hi Tox, welcome to my thread. What kind of phone are talking about here? How many hours did you charge the phone on first use?

My advice to you and others in this situation, please read the manual of the phone you just bought. Some manufacturers state charge for 8 to 12hours depending on phone brand, I personally power off my phone and charge for 24hrs even if the phone says its fully charged.

alright then drain out the battery as in use it until it dies completely, now charge your phone while its off. When charged use this phone again drain it out again and charge again.

Do this twice or thrice, the aim is to try to reset the battery cells this works on smartphones. After then use the phone normally but do not let the battery die before you charge it again.

Most phones batteries do not last longer maily beacuse users are at fault of not charging when due or charged properly on first use.

When poorly charged or used at 20 or 50% on first use the mobile phone assume that's its fully charged level point, that's why even if you charge for 72hours you just how barely 20 to 30mins battery life.

Except the battery itself is totally bad and needs replacing! Hope you find this info useful.

Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
S-on finally here on onexl. no more fastboot in flashing boot.imgs grin

still got months for me to leave this baby, by that time hope HTC one price would have reduced undecided
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
TOXTOX: Thx Seye. I believe battery is not the problem here. I chargreplacement ver 12 hrs before it was powered on. I even changed the battery to be sure it's not battery issue but the behaviour remains thesame. Could there be other problems? what can I do? It's permanently plugged to my system via USB cord and the momment it's removed (even when I close for the day usually at night) it will show "battery low". I need help!!!!

When your device refuses to retain power what does that mean? Bad battery, needs replacement its Common knowledge, but if you still insist its not your battery then take your phone to an engineer let him pull your device apart and see what's causing the battery to discharge.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
My Top 10 android app for 2012:

ES File Explorer File Manager - This file explorer is simple to use, no ads, and root supported. Price: Free

Evernote - I use this app everyday for note taking. Simple to jot down notes in my phone on-the-go, tasks, to-do, etc. Price: Free

Flipboard: Your News Magazine - A magazine app. Add news, entertainment, and other media to your magazine collection. Flip-up scrolling makes it feel like you're holding a magazine in your hands. Price: Free

reddit is fun - Dev is active in the Android community, fast updates, simple ui, and doesn't have ads. Price: Free

Google Play Music - 20,000 uploaded songs free, access across devices, and integrated into Android. Price: Free

Cerberus anti theft - Simply the best anti theft app. App is stealth, share up to 5 devices, and the web command interface to control your phone is stunning. Price: $3.99 (1 week free trial)

Android Tuner Free - The Essential AIO Non-root/Root app. Back up apps/sms/calls/mms, one-click optimization, root explorer, and many more unique features. Price: Free

AdFree Android - Easy to use adfree app. Removes all ads via your browser, but app ads remain. Price: Free

Facebook - Yes, the app remains flawed, but is much faster and the new layout is quite nice. Easier to access Facebook via an app than go to the browser and navigate to Facebook.

AOSP Browser - Fastest browser for Android and flash supported. The original browser included with android devices before shipped with Chrome and AOSP based roms. Not available in the Google Play Store - you'll have to do a google search for it. Price: Freee

What's yours?
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
joeydozzy: S-on finally here on onexl. no more fastboot in flashing boot.imgs grin

still got months for me to leave this baby, by that time hope HTC one price would have reduced undecided

I find flashing more fun doing wink
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Updated my blog with more games, visit http://android1x..co.uk/ smiley
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
Infoseye:

I find flashing more fun doing wink

still have to flash through TWRP just ain't got time to load up cmd on a pc and type those commands.

on a more positive note,I get more splash screens cheesy
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
joeydozzy:

still have to flash through TWRP just ain't got time to load up cmd on a pc and type those commands.

on a more positive note,I get more splash screens cheesy

lol....sorry you still living in the past bro smiley I dont use all those jargon's commands and its time consuming, Google Hasson2000's HTC One X All In One Tool kit. 3 clicks of my mouse and am done with this bad boi! grin

Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
Whoops! Looks like MR Spambot got you.
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
Good news for Venom Rom Users like myself version 3.3.8 has been released grin Here are the change in log below:

Team Venom has released an OTA update for 3.3.8! Yeah!!!

OTA Updates:

Flashable OTA updates, if you didn't get OTA update, you can download it below and install it manually. These are incremental updates, please flash them starting from bottom to top, one by one. Recommend using TWRP recovery 2.4.3.0 for OTA TWRP by Dees_Troy

YOU MUST DELETE THE OTA ZIP FROM /SDCARD/DOWNLOAD/VIPER*.ZIP OTHERWISE RECOVERY GOES SPASTIC

ON OTA 3.2.3 - 3.2.4 ONWARDS IT SHOULD SELF DELETE OFF YOUR SDCARD NOW ( I HOPE )

ViperX OTA 3.3.7-3.3.8 downloadlink http://venomroms.com/fota/endavourU/ViperXOTA_3.3.7-3.3.8.zip Please note: Do a FULL BACKUP!!!This is for Viper rom users on 3.3.7 previous versions you will need to flash 3.3.7 first!

Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
blog updated @ http://android1x..co.uk/ For games, Apps and many more,
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Posman(m): 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
I was able to root and flash viperrom on my htc sensation, thanks for d links.
htc sensation running ics 4.0.3 on sense 4.1 ViperS ROM 1.6.3
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2013
Posman: I was able to root and flash viperrom on my htc sensation, thanks for d links.
htc sensation running ics 4.0.3 on sense 4.1 ViperS ROM 1.6.3

You welcome...tell us your experience of using Vipers Rom cheesy
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Posman(m): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2013
ViperRom is coool, and d fact dat it incoporatd d htc sense made it feel like buyin a brand nu phone... another thing i enjoy bout it is d tweak i can do anyth wif my statusbar, notifications, icon packs etc. jelly bean wif sense 4.5 is comin soon according to d news on d viper hub.... CANT WAIT!
Re: HTC One X & XL Owners Thread Roms,Updates, Apps & More! by Infoseye(m): 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Its the best Rom out there! Visit my blog for games too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

₦500M Copyright Suits: Appeal Court Affirms Davies Iyiegbu’s Victory Vs Glo / Why Is It That People No Longer Care About Changing Ring Tones? / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.