Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In (12490 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by DeHero1: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2013
val_dubem: B/Faso will trash nigeria today

Congrats! You'v successfully joined the list of those to cry after the match...!

2 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Willgates(m): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2013

y God gave dis kinda retards life beats me!
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by kaydwutang(m): 11:31am On Feb 10, 2013
All I knwo is that super eagles can break ur heart at any time. So for that,I will sit on the fence jianyim, if they win fine, if they don't fine.ekwugom ka oham nonu.

1 Like

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by tessyade: 11:34am On Feb 10, 2013
I also remember that every other time Nigeria got to the Nations cup final without winning the cup (aside Algers '90), it's cameroun that stopped us.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by odohemma(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2013
Sad memories
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Loveaflame(m): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders and Nigerians,fear not.The game has been won in the spirit realm already.We are only waiting to watch it by 7pm today.Relax your mind o people for great shall be your joy tonight.Prepare to celebrate for your heart shall not be broken tonight.Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Dygeasy(m): 11:40am On Feb 10, 2013
De-Hero:

Congrats! You'v successfully joined the list of those to cry after the match...!
Willgates:

what if he is a citizen of Burkina Faso?

Abi?
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by 1miccza: 11:40am On Feb 10, 2013
In your dreams. Fubu like you. embarassedIn your dreams. Fubu like you.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by olumidazz: 11:47am On Feb 10, 2013
How can I ever 4get that day, we had walked with some many other fans from victoria island all through bonny camp and eko bridge to the stadium to watch the match. I remember VP Atiku fought back tears himself as he consoled Oliseh who was weeping like a baby. Watching the Cameroonians train on the sandy bar beach the previous day gave me a scary feeling the trophy was far from us. Rigobert Song's legs were like yams from benue state.

3 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by valdubem(m): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2013
Willgates:

Why God gave ur fada life amazes me. Eediot

1 Like

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by naptu2: 11:54am On Feb 10, 2013
tessyade: I also remember that every other time Nigeria got to the Nations cup final without winning the cup (aside Algers '90), it's cameroun that stopped us.

1984, 1988 (Henry Nwosu), 2000 (Victor Ikpeba).
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Reference(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
tessyade: I also remember that every other time Nigeria got to the Nations cup final without winning the cup (aside Algers '90), it's cameroun that stopped us.

Yes. When it comes to the Nation's Cup Cameroun is our perenial nemesis not Ghana or other overhyped entities. 84 with Clement Temile as top ace. Keshi made a stand for Nigeria at that tourney. 88 in Maroc even after Henry Nwosu magical headed opener. Then 2000 in Lagos. But we've had good success against the Lions as well. Incidentally the football fortunes of both countries declined about the same time though we have recovered faster.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by naptu2: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2013
Reference:

Yes. When it comes to the Nation's Cup Cameroun is our perenial nemesis not Ghana or other overhyped entities. 84 with Clement Temile as top ace. Keshi made a stand for Nigeria at that tourney. 88 in Maroc even after Henry Nwosu magical headed opener. Then 2000 in Lagos. But we've had good success against the Lions as well. Incidentally the football fortunes of both countries declined about the same time though we have recovered faster.

The allegation then was that Nwosu's goal was disallowed because Isa Hayatou wanted Cameroon to win
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Libkid(m): 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2013
ur fada.na ur type dey give ppl poison 4 village
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by mikeuz(m): 12:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
oolumide: @CFCFAN
I don't know y some of u are quick to correct others and u always end up showing ur foolishness. At no where did the poster mentioned teslim balogun in his post. But u conjure it in ur mind and mention it claiming u are correcting him. I think u should read the post again. I wish u better understanding

Shei people get mouth.you dey wish am better undastanding.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Adexchelsea19(m): 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2013
CFCfan: Actually, the game was played at the National Stadium in Lagos, not the Teslim Balogun stadium.

Anyway, that match was heart-breaking; Ikpeba's penalty 'miss' still rankles me anytime I remember it.
No wonder he dey alws cal han penaity 4 supa sport.Na him lose our penalty then ba??
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by valdubem(m): 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2013
Libkid: ur fada.na ur type dey give ppl poison 4 village

just keep ur fingers crossed. U must take that poison today undecided
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ikpeba's penarity (penalty) was a goal. But Ikpeba himself didn't know it scored. Maybe that's what convinced the ref to rule it out. But sumtin tells me dat ref jst do us ojoro point blank.
atimes, u just chose 2 b abnormal. Swear if wetin u type reach d bottom of ur heart. Yeye boy.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by mikeuz(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
Gwekzy: Its now 13 yrs ago at the National Stadium, Lagos where the rugged indomitable lions of cameroun broke so many hearts..

Its still fresh in my memory. I remember Eto'o scored first and a terrible mistake by Ikesherunmu(not sure of d spelling) gave them a two goal lead courtesy of Patrick Mboma..

At this point everyone was stunned not until Chukwu gave us hope with a well taken goal..Offcourse i ll never forget that piece of brilliance from our ever entertaining Austin Jay Jay Okocha that drew the game level at the stroke of half time...I remember me screaming my heart out..i'll never forget that Goal..

the 2nd half came and one thing still baffles me its how Aghahowa missed from a close range with just seconds remaining..Truth be told those Hulks from cameroun gave us a terrible time in extra time..although i remember papilo getting past Rigobert Song with an unbelievable piece of skill...

Then came the penalty shoot out that completely broke me..I remember papilo and Ikpeba missing from the spot.. Immediately Rigobert song scored the winning penalty kick i burst into tears..I still remember Oliseh crying like a baby and so many others..

13 years after and it still hurts me...But I know come sunday this set of Clique ll make us Proud..I really cant wait to celebrate..Burkina babes cant stop us..Super eagles till Jesus Comes

That day was terrible.I can remember having the same sad look like ikpeba when he took that penalty,it hit the inside top of the post and came out.and I felt it hit the bar ,but the replay showed otherwise.that was the day I stopped watching SE matches with passion,make I nor go die before my time.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by hollandis(f): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
Adexchelsea19: No wonder he dey alws cal han penaity 4 supa sport.Na him lose our penalty then ba??

i swear you dey craze grin lwkmd
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by yokiti: 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
And the name OLEMBE OLEMBE never cease from the Commentator's mouth till the end of the Match. Not forgetting Ikpeba / Papilo's Penalty that hit the goal post and pass the goal line but was disqualified.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Benaig(m): 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ikpeba put his hands on his head in despair thinking the shot didnt enter.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by LEXYCOM: 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
God showed me in my dream dat one of the two team go win the match......

2 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Tolexander: 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
Na Laugh: I hope i have time to watch this at work today o.

Random: Who remembers the old legendary tale from when we were kids; about Nigeria's final match with India,
which ended 100 - 1 coz of their potent magic which kept turning the ball into a lion each time it headed for Nigeria's post. grin and how Okwaraji managed to score 1. Haaha grin . Those were the days.
actually it wasn't 100-1 but 99-1 and the indians promised us we would win the match if we scored a goal. Anyway, many version of the story exist but desame story. Some even said segun odegbami was the one that scored the ball and had his leg twisted after the ball turned into a big stone when he got to the box of the indians. And even the ball turned to arrow each time it got to our keeper and lion whenever our players wanted to kick the ball.
I pity the man that formulated that story cos e be like say God no fit forgive am. Till eternity, our children will be hearing and passing the story to their next generation. I remember one of my younger neighbours still asked me if i watched the match recently.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by metti(m): 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
tongue tongue
CFCfan: Actually, the game was played at the National Stadium in Lagos, not the Teslim Balogun stadium.

Anyway, that match was heart-breaking; Ikpeba's penalty 'miss' still rankles me anytime I remember it.
Where was Teslim Balogun mentioned in the thread?? Read well!!!!!!!
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by metti(m): 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
grin grin
tweetobyte: Where was I 13yrs ago? I can't remember watching that match but whatever happens, I'm sure I'll watch today's final cos it promises to be a wonderful game.
Where you born 13years ago??
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by spicyJ(m): 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2013

Random: Who remembers the old legendary tale from when we were kids; about Nigeria's final match with India,
which ended 100 - 1 coz of their potent magic which kept turning the ball into a lion each time it headed for Nigeria's post. grin and how Okwaraji managed to score 1. Haaha grin . Those were the days.
. Abeg I no fit laugh o! Wonderful story that most of all narrated as if we watch it.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Tolexander: 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2013
metti: tongue tongue
Where was Teslim Balogun mentioned in the thread?? Read well!!!!!!!
have you forgotten their is a modify button?
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by guardian09(m): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2013
cheesy

And I tot I was d only one that was told this gist during my nursery school days lols
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Skoopy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
pendusky:
My mum refused us food that night...it was sad.
Wat a MUM..

1 Like

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by sobastical: 1:32pm On Feb 10, 2013
Real back in the day, I can remember vividly how I cried after seeing sunday oliseh shedding tears.... But today's victory will wipe and dry those tears. By God's grace.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by sobastical: 1:32pm On Feb 10, 2013
oolumide: @CFCFAN
I don't know y some of u are quick to correct others and u always end up showing ur foolishness. At no where did the poster mentioned teslim balogun in his post. But u conjure it in ur mind and mention it claiming u are correcting him. I think u should read the post again. I wish u better understanding

Can't you see his name CFCFAN, one of the chelsick people....na God go help dem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sophia Omidiji Signs For S.B.V Excelsior Target Super Falcons For 2019 World Cup / Jossy Lad, Is Dead (Ex-super Falcons Coach) / Birmingham 2022: Elizabeth Oshoba Wins Silver In The Women's Boxing Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.