Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Let's Save Majek Fashek - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Let's Save Majek Fashek (30116 Views)

Save Majek Fashek / How Do You Perceive Bob Marley And Majek Fashek Music / Majek Fashek: A Rainmaker In Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by nyabingi(m): 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
musicwriter:
I' am a huge fan of troubled musician Majek Fashek. Long time ago (I think) in the early 90's when I heard he takes cocain and heroin I never believed it. I though it was a lie. But was shocked to see him looking so bad as the years go by.

Some of you may not know that Majek Fashek is one of the best raggae artiste of all time (a prophet is not honoured in his own town). Forget about his drug side. Nobody is perfect. He's in the league of Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Culture.

Are there fans of Majek Fashek out here?. I want you know that Majek is still our friend just that he's in trouble. Please let's do something for him now by raising awareness about the evil; hard drug.

I love writing songs, just a hobby. What I' am proposing here is we create awareness on Majek Fashek's deteriorating condition by releasing a ''save Majek'' song. I already wrote one and it's below, titled ''where's my hero?''.
.......................................................................................................................
WHERE'S MY HERO?

For many years
there've been news
Majek do drugs.
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero
For many years
there've been news
Majek do drugs
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero
There've been rumours
for many years
Majek do drugs
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero

It is true?
what I' am hearing
you take cocaine
you take heroin
I wanna know
Cause I feeling so sad
Lost my hero

If you making the mistake of doing drug o X3
Never forget it's the same drug'll kill you X2
If you making the mistake of doing drug o X2

Hey coming out ina Majek style
Let's do Majek Fashek
My hero where're you?. eh!
Historic Majek Fashek
Jah!.

Everybody dance
Come and lets's dance
Shake am your ass
Shubiduba de
Wake up and dance
Sit up and dance
We 're gonna dance
Follow me go dance
Come and lets dance

Where my hero? X3
I lost my hero
I love my hero

Free your mind from cocain my friend
Free your mind from heroin I say
Free your mind from ganja my friend
Free your mind my hero my friend
What will you gain when you lose your mind
What will you gain when you lose your soul

Everybody dance
Come and lets's dance
Shake am your ass
Shubiduba de
Wake up and dance
Sit up and dance
We 're gonna dance
Follow me go dance
Come and lets dance

Where's my hero? X3
I lost my hero
I love my hero
Majek Fashek
Where's my hero?

Let's raise awareness about the dangers of hard drug use. I believe Majek could still saved when he get to know this project. If he gets revived I will write him a full album for his next release. It's not yet late to save him.

Thank you and God bless.

ok brotherman how can we be part of this project, Majek is my hero and i can sing almost all his songs ofhand, from send down the rain, mother, iv got the feeling, our father, redemtion song, jah people, spirit of love, holy spirit to jobe lamantation>>>lets help majek!
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by RedCard1(m): 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
He now looks like the worse version of the once great Snoop Dogg. Drug is such a bad thing. These artists should always remember what happened to Whitney Houston, Brenda Fassie, etc. I know Majek Fashek has aged but he wouldn't have been this bad looking if not for drug. I still love his 'send down the rain' song. I don't know him that much cos he reigned while I was far less than 10years but I think he's worth some respect.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Damojo: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
Save Hanks Anuku 2. The guy don dey tow the way of Majek oh!

4 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by AORDMAYOR(m): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
[quote author=musicwriter]
I' am a huge fan of troubled musician Majek Fashek. Long time ago (I think) in the early 90's when I heard he takes cocain and heroin I never believed it. I though it was a lie. But was shocked to see him looking so bad as the years go by.

Some of you may not know that Majek Fashek is one of the best raggae artiste of all time (a prophet is not honoured in his own town). Forget about his drug side. Nobody is perfect. He's in the league of Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Culture.

Are there fans of Majek Fashek out here?. I want you know that Majek is still our friend just that he's in trouble. Please let's do something for him now by raising awareness about the evil; hard drug.

I love writing songs, just a hobby. What I' am proposing here is we create awareness on Majek Fashek's deteriorating condition by releasing a ''save Majek'' song. I already wrote one and it's below, titled ''where's my hero?''.
.......................................................................................................................
WHERE'S MY HERO?

For many years
there've been news
Majek do drugs.
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero
For many years
there've been news
Majek do drugs
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero
There've been rumours
for many years
Majek do drugs
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero

It is true?
what I' am hearing
you take cocaine
you take heroin
I wanna know
Cause I feeling so sad
Lost my hero

If you making the mistake of doing drug o X3
Never forget it's the same drug'll kill you X2
If you making the mistake of doing drug o X2

Hey coming out ina Majek style
Let's do Majek Fashek
My hero where're you?. eh!
Historic Majek Fashek
Jah!.

Everybody dance
Come and lets's dance
Shake am your ass
Shubiduba de
Wake up and dance
Sit up and dance
We 're gonna dance
Follow me go dance
Come and lets dance

Where my hero? X3
I lost my hero
I love my hero

Free your mind from cocain my friend
Free your mind from heroin I say
Free your mind from ganja my friend
Free your mind my hero my friend

Everybody dance
Come and lets's dance
Shake am your ass
Shubiduba de
Wake up and dance
Sit up and dance
We 're gonna dance
Follow me go dance
Come and lets dance

Where's my hero? X3
I lost my hero
I love my hero
Majek Fashek
Where's my hero?

Let's raise awareness about the dangers of hard drug use. I believe Majek could still saved when he get to know this project. If he gets revived I will write him a full album for his next release. It's not yet late to save him.

Contious article me brethren song Writer. Him Pupa majek Fashek is a reggea artical all time. Its a whole up of pity dat d rain maker is down. But Jah lives he is gonna bounce back to his feet cos jah never leaves on of his own. Mean while songwriter ar positive thinker u be. Keep up d pace no babylon can tess.Gbooooooom

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Aromas: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
pheesayor: Threads like this should Make the front page, let's support Majek. We shouldn't wait till he dies before rolling out drums

I don't wish him bad but my questions is that back in the day's wot meaningful things i.e investments or buying shares in bank as he done during his youthful age? This a man that reigns more than our present Wizkid, Olamide etc when he was still in active in his career as a musician. Sometimes you might be thinking that you won't live long but to God who has the grace we keep you till old-age, if you made a mistake for not doing proper things at the right time it we surely bounce back. Ayinla Omowura is the only Nigeria indigenous that play for Queen Elizabeth when she visited Nigeria in 1957. Majek Fashek(MF) was invited by Queen to her palace in 1960s to perform during for her during her birthday. So much life n enjoyment, this a man(MF) that when ever he landed @MMIA in Lagos, it we be as if a president or a high personality is around. But despite the fames n wealth then!!!!!!!! Where it is now to support him??
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by guiddoti: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
"I don't wish him bad but my questions is that back in the day's wot meaningful things i.e investments or buying shares in bank as he done during his youthful age? This a man that reigns more than our present Wizkid, Olamide etc when he was still in active in his career as a musician. Sometimes you might be thinking that you won't live long but to God who has the grace we keep you till old-age, if you made a mistake for not doing proper things at the right time it we surely bounce back. Ayinla Omowura is the only Nigeria indigenous that play for Queen Elizabeth when she visited Nigeria in 1957. Majek Fashek(MF) was invited by Queen to her palace in 1960s to perform during for her during her birthday. So much life n enjoyment, this a man(MF) that when ever he landed @MMIA in Lagos, it we be as if a president or a high personality is around. But despite the fames n wealth then!!!!!!!! Where it is now to support him??" cry majek why?
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Stunner1(f): 10:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
haaaaa shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by jutino(f): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
israel007: After person don drink and smoke him life out, used him hand dey kill himself, you expect people to come contribute.

Mtcheeew
nobody forced u to contribute ok so speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Jbluv55(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Birth name: Majekodunmi Fasheke
Born: Benin City, Nigeria
Genres: Roots Reggae
Occupations: Singer, songwriter
Years active: Early 1980s—
Labels: Interscope Records
Associated acts: Jastix

Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly known as Majek Fashek, is a Nigerian reggae singer and
guitarist. Various translations of his name Fasheke (Ifa-kii-she-eke) include "high priest who
does not lie", "powers of miracles" and "(system
or medium of) divination does not lie".

Early life
Fashek was born in Benin City, Nigeria to an Edo
mother and a Yoruba father.

Musical career
Fashek first gained national fame on a television
show in the early 1980s as a member of Benin-
based reggae group Jastix. His bandmates
included Ras Kimono and Amos McRoy Gregg.
They toured for many years with fellow reggae
group The Mandators. In 1988, shortly after Jastix
disbanded, he began a solo career and quickly
became the best-known reggae artist in Nigeria.
[7] His song "Send Down The Rain" was a hit, and
he won six US-based PMAN Music Awards.

After leaving Tabansi Records, he was signed to
CBS Nigeria in the early 1990s before moving to
Island Records' Mango imprint, a label more
accustomed to marketing reggae internationally.
His first album for the company included a cover
version of Bob Marley's "Redemption Song". In
1990 he was signed to Interscope Records and
released the critically acclaimed album Spirit Of
Love, produced by "Little Steven" Van Zandt.
Flame Tree released The Best of Majek Fashek in
1994. He has recorded several albums for various
labels since, including Rainmaker for Tuff Gong
(1997) and Little Patience for Coral (2004).
Fashek is one of the increasing number of African
artists to be drawn to the music of the Caribbean, specifically reggae, rather than indigenous
hybrids such as fuji, jùjú, or highlife. Having
grown up in a fervently religious and musical
family, he was exposed to the imported sounds of Bob Marley at an early age, alongside the
innovations of local stars such as Fela Kuti.
Fashek's major influences are Bob Marley (whom
he strongly resembles vocally, Fela Kuti,
and Jimi Hendrix.

Discography

Studio albums
Year. ** Title. ** Label
1989.** Prisoner of Conscience.**Mango Records
1991.** Spirit of Love. ** Interscope Records
1997. ** Rainmaker. ** Lightyear Entertainment
2005. ** Little Patience. ** Coral Music Group

[url=en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majek_Fashek]Wikipedia[/url]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1395582_MajekFashek_jpgcd925d1f3550f029e296c9c632c664dd

Its really a pity that he has become this damaged. Anyone out there still into drugs shud pls reconsider and 'do the needful' b4 its too late. sad

May God send down the good rain 4 Majek Fashek. Amen.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Incrizz(f): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
Majek Fashek ma sweet..
Aspiring music artiste please don't do drugs, fame is fleeting.
*Singing* justa likkle likkle patience..(echo)likkle likkle patience..
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
#1-stunner:
haaaaa shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wetin hook u for mouth?
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Opiosko: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
rasojie: I will love to add, Please no one should categorize Ganja as a hard drug. Never!!!!!! Majek is not in his state cos he smoked a natural Herb, Marley smoked, culture and all the roots reggae kings (except for Dube) all smoked the herb. Majek used Cocaine and other Hard man made drugs which caused his present mental state. Please DONT MIS INFORM PEOPLE. GANJA CAN NEVER MAKE YOU RUN MAD!!
Really? Park well joor i don use my krokro eyes see peeps whn ganja make dey kolo, and i believe say majority of dis Nlder forumites don see am too. If u talk say Majek issue no be ganja, fine but no come here come preach ur ganja cus we dey cry 4 d peeps whe ganja don useless.

7 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by OCcool: 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
E no go beta for hard drugs, I swear!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Opiosko: Really? Park well joor i don use my krokro eyes see peeps whn ganja make dey kolo, and i believe say majority of dis Nlder forumites don see am too. If u talk say Majek issue no be ganja, fine but no come here come preach ur ganja cus we dey cry 4 d peeps whe ganja don useless.

how come you spit trassh. I still repeat Marijuana can never drive you mad. , those you see mad either mixed their weed with other hard drugs or simply a spiritual problem. It is natural. The fact that you dont use it do not mean you should give it a bad name. i still repeat. WEED CA NEVER DRIVE YOU MAD

3 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Swagztv(m): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
U wan save majek,abi u wan release song which?

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by ayos82: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Please where is fashek living?still in New York.oh jah send down the rain.can't believe this man is a junkie,he needs help really.Rehab help cool
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by matty1024: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
rasojie:

how come you spit trassh. I still repeat Marijuana can never drive you mad. , those you see mad either mixed their weed with other hard drugs or simply a spiritual problem. It is natural. The fact that you dont use it do not mean you should give it a bad name. i still repeat. WEED CA NEVER DRIVE YOU MAD

Hahahahahahaha, Igboooo, marijuana,Awulu, kanja call it any name will make you 100% MAD period!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by aaidel(m): 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
rasojie: I will love to add, Please no one should categorize Ganja as a hard drug. Never!!!!!! Majek is not in his state cos he smoked a natural Herb, Marley smoked, culture and all the roots reggae kings (except for Dube) all smoked the herb. Majek used Cocaine and other Hard man made drugs which caused his present mental state. Please DONT MIS INFORM PEOPLE. GANJA CAN NEVER MAKE YOU RUN MAD!!

keep misinforming people, probably advocates like you for cocaine and heroin got majek into the situation he is in.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by doopsy(f): 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
rasojie:

I beg to differ,weed can actually make one mad,especially light headed people,I have witnessed a course mate who ran bunkers after taking a few drags..he was a learner though..

5 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by litetias(m): 11:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
Lakmd. Conscience dey judge my guy. You're right though when you say mary jane is not a hard drug. Of course world people will keep saying trash about the greatest herb God ever gave man. #Legalizeit

2 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by sugaarbear(m): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Am wondering what is families are doin to help out.....
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
I salute Majek, I was stage side at his show at Key Club Hollywood when my road dawg Pius (Kunle) and Higher Lion opened for him.

That being said never ever equate him to Bob Marley, Rodney WInston or any memebr of Culture in the same sentence, ever.

Sacriledge.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by iluvweed(m): 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2013

Correct Guy!

15 Yrs of weed smoking has only made me RICHER AND SMARTER AND CALMER! not MADDER LOL....

SMOKE TILL LUNGS COLLAPSE!....ehehehe.... grin grin grin grin

We all die oneday anyways so who gives a F+ck?

But my strong advise is that Smoking pot is not healthy for poor people!.... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by rush2mac(m): 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
redsquare: Oh my God! What happened to this guy? A once handsome and healthy young man is now looking like a ghost. Youth should stay away from drugs.
eleyi gidi gan

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Sagamite(m): 12:06am On Nov 05, 2013
Save ko, cave ni.

Support ko, puff puff ni.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! Wetin consign me with a person.

All you fucktards that want to show the world you are baddos by taking some ish into your body (including weed), good riddance to you. Na so I go dey watch una when una lose am and enter market.

Continue saying you are enjoying your lives. Awon baddos! grin

I have no patience for fucktards and fucktardism. undecided

If I see this foool for road and im approach me, I go karate kick am into gutter.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by maninmood(m): 12:16am On Nov 05, 2013
smiley
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Sagamite(m): 12:18am On Nov 05, 2013
maninmood:

Well what may I call this? These cannot be ever written by a level-headed person. Igbo pass igbo, I suppose.

You are a pure person!

Whatever you are taking has damaged your brain to the point you quote things and it will not make sense to you.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Elxandre(m): 12:19am On Nov 05, 2013
rasojie:

dont misinform the public!
Weed is a powerful stimulant which can knock you off your senses!
Not to even talk about the effect on the lungs.
You mean this is all the advice you can give to younger folks?
To smoke a stimulant which drives them toward misdeeds?
Do you know what even alcohol does to some light headed people? For God's sake it makes them silly as babies!
Not to talk of weed.
And I insist weed is capable of making a man permanently crazy!
Enjoy your addiction and the possible effects yourself, but trying to drag/deceive others into it is madness

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Sagamite(m): 12:21am On Nov 05, 2013
Elxandre:
dont misinform the public!
Weed is a powerful stimulant which can knock you off your senses!
Not to even talk about the effect on the lungs.
You mean this is all the advice you can give to younger folks?
To smoke a stimulant which drives them toward misdeeds?
Do you know what even alcohol does to some light headed people? For God's sake it makes them silly as babies!
Not to talk of weed.
And I insist weed is capable of making a man permanently crazy!
Enjoy your addiction and the possible effects yourself, but trying to drag/deceive others into it is madness

No worry!

Later someone would be coming to tell you to help hold him down and donate to help him. grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Kidstell: 12:25am On Nov 05, 2013
OLODO... Please everybody this guy needs help as well. Contact his people ASAP. If you take weeds one day you boost your dosage and gradually you will begin to add nonsense. Many people drifted from ciga to weed not because of money or environment but because they want to go more high or ciga can't hold them like before. You better port to better life

5 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Ayorh4you(m): 12:35am On Nov 05, 2013
nacosprof: So seconded,. I u are heal with preasures blood of Jesus,.go an sin no more..

you alright? shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by 9jauk: 12:57am On Nov 05, 2013

bro you are promoting bullshit, 9 out 10 people that takes weed for years end up looking like weed,it makes them ageing fast,Yoyuare defiantly a bad mentor,absolute terrible,and to kill it all some lunatics likes your summation..u deserve to be locked up,shame on you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New Waves (dready Boys) / Is Ja Rule A Gangsta Or A Wanksta! / Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.