Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Let's Save Majek Fashek - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Let's Save Majek Fashek (30118 Views)

Save Majek Fashek / How Do You Perceive Bob Marley And Majek Fashek Music / Majek Fashek: A Rainmaker In Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Spambot: 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
He looked 77years old...... Wtf!!! Happy 72nd birthday BTW.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by tabletop(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
Darnnel: You absolutely right.....saw him last time in october this year during my home towns festival 'Ine festival'. He was looking very terrible....he couldnt even sing to his own songs....i felt like giving him some money or just anything to lighten him up. wish there was a remedy to his case cos the way i see it,Majek Fashek is almost gone.......am open to helping him more wit prayers and am sure heavens will help him too.
are you from delta?, sounds like our festival to
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Musaspp(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
He sure needs help. He was mismanaged at his peak. NDLEA can rehabilitate him by invoking the relevant law.

But it is a lesson to current "celebrities" to manage their stardom.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Sagamite(m): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Musa spp: He sure needs help. He was mismanaged at his peak. NDLEA can rehabilitate him by invoking the relevant law.

But it is a lesson to current "celebrities" to manage their stardom.

He was "mismanaged" by who?
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
ignorance is a bliss.... smoke weed everyday.... we do forgive little children when they are scared of the dark... but the only tragedy in life is when grown ups are scared of the light.
ignorance is a bliss.... smoke weed everyday.... we do forgive little children when they are scared of the dark... but the only tragedy in life is when grown ups are scared of the light.

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by LadyH(f): 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
redsquare: Oh my God! What happened to this guy? A once handsome and healthy young man is now looking like a ghost. Youth should stay away from drugs.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
Where are his children undecided are they doing drugs too
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Revolva(m): 8:20am On Nov 06, 2013
rasojie: I will love to add, Please no one should categorize Ganja as a hard drug. Never!!!!!! Majek is not in his state cos he smoked a natural Herb, Marley smoked, culture and all the roots reggae kings (except for Dube) all smoked the herb. Majek used Cocaine and other Hard man made drugs which caused his present mental state. Please DONT MIS INFORM PEOPLE. GANJA CAN NEVER MAKE YOU RUN MAD!!

help me tell them....ignorant folks

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by fyneboi79(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2013
musicwriter:
I' am a huge fan of troubled musician Majek Fashek. Long time ago (I think) in the early 90's when I heard he takes cocain and heroin I never believed it. I though it was a lie. But was shocked to see him looking so bad as the years go by.

Some of you may not know that Majek Fashek is one of the best raggae artiste of all time (a prophet is not honoured in his own town). Forget about his drug side. Nobody is perfect. He's in the league of Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Culture.

Are there fans of Majek Fashek out here?. I want you know that Majek is still our friend just that he's in trouble. Please let's do something for him now by raising awareness about the evil; hard drug.

I love writing songs, just a hobby. What I' am proposing here is we create awareness on Majek Fashek's deteriorating condition by releasing a ''save Majek'' song. I already wrote one and it's below, titled ''where's my hero?''.
.......................................................................................................................
WHERE'S MY HERO?

For many years
there've been news
Majek do drugs.
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero
For many years
there've been news
Majek do drugs
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero
There've been rumours
for many years
Majek do drugs
I never believe it
Cause, He's my hero

It is true?
what I' am hearing
you take cocaine
you take heroin
I wanna know
Cause I feeling so sad
Lost my hero

If you making the mistake of doing drug o X3
Never forget it's the same drug'll kill you X2
If you making the mistake of doing drug o X2

Hey coming out ina Majek style
Let's do Majek Fashek
My hero where're you?. eh!
Historic Majek Fashek
Jah!.

Everybody dance
Come and lets's dance
Shake am your ass
Shubiduba de
Wake up and dance
Sit up and dance
We 're gonna dance
Follow me go dance
Come and lets dance

Where my hero? X3
I lost my hero
I love my hero

Free your mind from cocain my friend
Free your mind from heroin I say
Free your mind from ganja my friend
Free your mind my hero my friend
What will you gain when you lose your mind
What will you gain when you lose your soul
What will you gain when you lose your mind
What will you gain when you lose your soul

Everybody dance
Come and lets's dance
Shake am your ass
Shubiduba de
Wake up and dance
Sit up and dance
We 're gonna dance
Follow me go dance
Come and lets dance

Where's my hero? X3
I lost my hero
I love my hero
Majek Fashek
Where's my hero?

Let's raise awareness about the dangers of hard drug use. I believe Majek could still saved when he get to know this project. If he gets revived I will write him a full album for his next release. It's not yet late to save him.

Thank you and God bless.
God bless ‎u!I am so interestedgringringrin
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2013
fyneboi79: God bless ‎u!I am so interestedgringringrin

in the weed or the saving part grin
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Wahala90: 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
rasojie: I will love to add, Please no one should categorize Ganja as a hard drug. Never!!!!!! Majek is not in his state cos he smoked a natural Herb, Marley smoked, culture and all the roots reggae kings (except for Dube) all smoked the herb. Majek used Cocaine and other Hard man made drugs which caused his present mental state. Please DONT MIS INFORM PEOPLE. GANJA CAN NEVER MAKE YOU RUN MAD!!
Thanks, Ganjaman!

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Wahala90: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kidstell: ... If When he was suppose to give mentoring and morale to well meaning people he ended up mis directing them why should the public help him. When we help him, more of him will arise and ask for help ...

You mean like Amnesty?
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2013

Please stop misleading people. I'm an MSc student in Pharmacy at the University of Nottingham and I can tell you categorically that Cannabis can make you go "CRAZY".

I am not saying this from a theoretical point of view but as a student who in collaboration with 2 other MSc students and a supervising professor has researched and published a scientific paper on the HIGH INTAKE or LONG TERM effect of Tetrahydrocannabinol.

There are many scientific journals out there, and I'm sure your conclusion is not researched based but an assumption. If it's research based please let me know your methodology and procedure as I will be compelled to re-verify my thesis.

STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS

2 Likes

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Dhotseal(m): 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Aromas:

I don't wish him bad but my questions is that back in the day's wot meaningful things i.e investments or buying shares in bank as he done during his youthful age? This a man that reigns more than our present Wizkid, Olamide etc when he was still in active in his career as a musician. Sometimes you might be thinking that you won't live long but to God who has the grace we keep you till old-age, if you made a mistake for not doing proper things at the right time it we surely bounce back. Ayinla Omowura is the only Nigeria indigenous that play for Queen Elizabeth when she visited Nigeria in 1957. Majek Fashek(MF) was invited by Queen to her palace in 1960s to perform during for her during her birthday. So much life n enjoyment, this a man(MF) that when ever he landed @MMIA in Lagos, it we be as if a president or a high personality is around. But despite the fames n wealth then!!!!!!!! Where it is now to support him??

Ok, I'm sure others saw what I saw....but I say it the way it is: Dude, ur grammar knocked me off my donkey!

Again, did I hear u say the queen of England invited Majek Fashek to perform at her birthday in the 60s? That must be Majeks grandpa ur talking abt.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by MrAboki: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
rudedough:

Please stop misleading people. I'm an MSc student in Pharmacy at the University of Nottingham and I can tell you categorically that Cannabis can make you go "CRAZY".

I am not saying this from a theoretical point of view but as a student who in collaboration with 2 other MSc students and a supervising professor has researched and published a scientific paper on the HIGH INTAKE or LONG TERM effect of Tetrahydrocannabinol.

There are many scientific journals out there, and I'm sure your conclusion is not researched based but an assumption. If it's research based please let me know your methodology and procedure as I will be compelled to re-verify my thesis.

STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS

Clap for yourself.

Extensive research how?!

Please can you explain you us the resources you employed for this research, your case studies and all that went into this research and in what medical or pharmaceutical journal your findings were published. Also provide us a copy here as well.

For every research you bring to support your claims, there are also hundreds out there to refute it.

[b]Legalaize the Herb..

#Team 4:20

1 Like

Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Dhotseal(m): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
rasojie:

see all a them. Ignorant and they wont love to learn.
You saw someone on the streets with rags and holding a joint, then you conclude ganja drove him mad.
I do not advocate weed for anybody. you are free to make your own decisions. I am only telling you guys not to paint a bad picture of it. thats all. I still repeat...WEED IS NATURAL. IT CAN NEVER DRIVE YOU MAD. A JOINT A DAY........KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY cool

Weed is natural, and so is snake venom and cyanide. Dude are u for real! Are u aware that the deadliest poisons are in their natural state?
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by MrAboki: 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dhotseal:

Weed is natural, and so is snake venom and cyanide. Dude are u for real! Are u aware that the deadliest poisons are in their natural state?

Its funny how you guys throw up funny comparisons to drive home your point.

Weed is not poison.

What we are debating is how dangerous is it to you and your health.

The same cannabis has been said to have some health benefits such as suppressing cancer causing cells, reducing blood pressure, turrettes syndrome, e.t.c.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Clap for yourself.

Extensive research how?!

Please can you explain you us the resources you employed for this research, your case studies and all that went into this research and in what medical or pharmaceutical journal your findings were published. Also provide us a copy here as well.

For every research you bring to support your claims, there are also hundreds out there to refute it.

[b]Legalaize the Herb..

#Team 4:20

I see your mind is already made up so there's no point trying to convince someone who's already bent on refuting your claim.

But I'll advice you to keep your topic discussions related to football where you'll be more comfortable and stay off of complex topics like medicine. The compositions of Cannabinoids can make your type go crazy already. My 2 cents
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
You have no point. Just shut up bro
rudedough:

I see your mind is already made up so there's no point trying to convince someone who's already bent on refuting your claim.

But I'll advice you to keep your topic discussions related to football where you'll be more comfortable and stay off of complex topics like medicine. The compositions of Cannabinoids can make your type go crazy already. My 2 cents
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Its funny how you guys throw up funny comparisons to drive home your point.

Weed is not poison.

What we are debating is how dangerous is it to you and your health.

The same cannabis has been said to have some health benefits such as suppressing cancer causing cells, reducing blood pressure, turrettes syndrome, e.t.c.

It's true it does have some medicinal properties but not without the cross breeding of different selected cannabinoids (Cannabis Satilva, Cannabis Indica, etc.) to achieve a higher concentration of CNC, CBD and CBN and a reduction in THC toxicity content which has psychoactive properties of about 17%.

The Cannabis that gets you the high you so crave for is very dangerous to your health and can make you go crazy. I bet you don't know that there are different species of cannabis.

Medicinal Marijuana is different from your "Weed/Pot/Igbo/whatever" you get from your dealer.

Take note and PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 07, 2013
rasojie: You have no point. Just shut up bro

I'll shut up but I'll be at the hospital when you get admitted and I'll remember your ID. grin
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by MrAboki: 8:14am On Nov 07, 2013
rudedough:

Hahahaa

So you are the worlds foremost researcher and leading authority in matters relating to cannabis so what you say should be taken as law abi?! Lol..
All I asked you to do is the same thing any sane person would ask you to do;

1. Provide us the details of your research.
2. Show us your case studies
3. Show us your findings
4. Since you said you have researched and published your findings, provide us the journal or magazine that published your findings (with your name on it)

How hard can this be?! If you are so proud and confident in your research, you shouldnt be afraid to show it here.

Abi did you think that this was your local beer palour where you can just come and say anything you like and people will swallow it hook|line|& sinker..

Lol @ your football comment.. Nice deflection.. But we are all waiting for this your ground breaking research on Cannabis.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Musaspp(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Sagamite:

He was "mismanaged" by who?

By his record label, producers, markers, managers, etc. Then he was over engaged. There was no way he would meet up with layed down engagement without being overtly induced. His case could be likened to that of late michael jackson.
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 07, 2013
We all know what happened to Majek Fashek... He could not handle the Fame and Fortune.. greed got the better of him when he demanded more than his proposed contract fees and was let go to fend for himself in the streets of New York.. when you piss of Promoters, you get the boot in yo arsse.. he got depressed, ashamed to come back, started doing drugs and weed. that is the result
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
voltron: We all know what happened to Majek Fashek... He could not handle the Fame and Fortune.. greed got the better of him when he demanded more than his proposed contract fees and was let go to fend for himself in the streets of New York.. when you piss of Promoters, you get the boot in yo arsse.. he got depressed, ashamed to come back, started doing drugs and weed. that is the result

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

At least we can all see the drugs ended up making him happy and "gloriously" coming back to Nigeria. grin grin grin

Musa spp:

By his record label, producers, markers, managers, etc. Then he was over engaged. There was no way he would meet up with layed down engagement without being overtly induced. His case could be likened to that of late michael jackson.

Really?

Can you tell me how many engagements he was having a year?

And how old he was that he did not have a brain to control his own life?
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Saga is in here already...Yoll are in for it grin grin grin
Re: Let's Save Majek Fashek by Sagamite(m): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
Booty butt chic: Saga is in here already...Yoll are in for it grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV6DFmPWoeU

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New Waves (dready Boys) / Is Ja Rule A Gangsta Or A Wanksta! / Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.