Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,809 members, 7,831,640 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans (15973 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 / Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by somegirl1: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2013
lapaz6410:

not only will u barbaric monsters lose. your players will return to no power in ur godforsaken stinky cesspool of a country. have u seen how malnourished and skinny ur players look? even with all your oil wealth ur govment cant afford to broadcast the match.

You mistake physical fitness for undernourishment, typical of your type.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by ameer2: 3:57pm On Feb 10, 2013
executinal: We are experience something different
see tyau... shocked shocked
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by vizboy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
we came we saw and we will conquer cause it has been writen

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Willgates(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2013
BurkinaBABES...u no hear d name? We go marry dem 2nyt! grin
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Gozzzy(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ada Nri1: has it occurred to you that not every1 is perversively into sex? Least of all doing it with a free for all commercial sex worker?it's just like everyother free commodity #worthless
Abeg talk to the perv, who has AIDS knocking at his door.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by marcyemi(m): 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2013
Jarus: Today is D-Day! Burkina Faso is gripped with fevered excitement hours ahead of their historic Africa Cup of Nations final against Nigeria at the Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg. Every two people you meet in the West African landlocked nation are sharing gossips about today’s clash. Joy, uncertainty, fear and fury can described how they feel about the fate of their team.

Supersport.com stormed the dusty streets of Ouagadougou on Sunday morning as locals bustled their kids on rusty and rackety motorbikes to church under the blazing tropical sun. Every face was smiling sweetly and everybody wants spare some time to talk generously about what will happen in South Africa today.

“Look, over confidence will kill Nigeria,” said Ahmed Issiaka, a 31-year-old roadside mechanic, who lives in the capital.

“When I read and hear what pundits are saying and how the Nigerians are reacting to these misleading and paper previews, I feel they’d collapse tonight if the trophy eludes them. As for us Burkinabe, we’ll play our game very relaxed and when you do any task that way, you are more inspired and creative because the pressure on you seems very less.”

Burkina Faso have close to 56% of practicing Christians and 37% of Muslims, who have been living side by side peacefully for decades, but the national cause of today will likely unite them more, as some Muslims implore their fellow Christian brothers to intensify their prayers for the Stallions.

“On Friday, we the Muslims had our general prayers for our team to win the Cup. Today is Sunday and it’s the turn of our Christian brothers to pray for the same purpose that is uniting the whole nation at the moment. We are all the same today, praying to the same God to help us overcome Nigeria in the Afcon final,” Ibrahima Ouatarra, a 42-year-old pharmacist said.

Burkina Faso women are traditionally cold to these kinds of football excitements, but that has changed. They say they are behind their team and will kiss every players once they arrive with the trophy.

“No other day in the history of this country has been greater than this. We are experience something different. My mother, grandmother and sisters are all excited about our team playing the Afcon final,” Sandrine Kabore said.

“I’m waiting for tonight to give my fiancée the answer whether I will marry him. He asked me for it last month and I have been thinking. However, if the Stallions win tonight I’ll call him and say I’ve agreed to marry him,” she said.

Mariame Coulibally, who runs a local restaurant in central Ouagadougou told supersport.com she’d offer free service two hours to the game and do the same till Monday evening.

“I have enough stock and I have cooked enough to feed people for free till tomorrow. This is my contribution to this cause. We have to unite, fight and do all we can to motivate fans till final victory.”

http://mobi.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations/news/130210/Over_confidence_will_kill_Nigeria_fans

Please Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo. Make una tell nigerians wey d̶̶̲̥̲̥̅̊̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ bukina faso no join talk rubbish against bukina Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo, coz if they manage loss, them go nearly...........
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Kezzy24(f): 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
Na wa ooooo!How does believing in your team,qualify as over-confidence bikoo nu?
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Asis(m): 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
We Will WIN,is it not same, over confidence that is making them feel,they have an edge over us,well de can have,the trophy in there DREAMS while we simply, retain and dwell with the,Trophy in NIGERIA our Fatherland..and that cannot be changed..up SE
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Capnd143(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
I refuse to comment!

SPOT Reserved till 9.30pm today after Afcon 2013 finals
|[DONT TRESPASS]|
BY ORDER: NPF
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Kezzy24(f): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
ifykole@yahoo.c:
We should not allow this fear-inspired comments about our confidence or over confidence from burkinabee fans put our victory in doubt,as we need nothing less than confidence and caution to lift d trophy.Besides,we have a team that is bent on making Nigerians proud today.All they need is our unwavering support.celebration mode already.

million likes!!!
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by lapaz6410: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2013
Kslib:
WTF!!!! Pls name them,you burnt yam..lol
gtfoh,you wakaso looking burnt ape... Pls go and ask CINE AFRIK to play back their tapes of recent weeks and you will see a particular programme on AFCON where these ghanaian girls were talking about how cute our players were and how horrible ghanaian players were looking esp vorsah.. Naija guys are very cute but our current players are average,but look better than the whole fine burnt dwarfs in ghana put together... Fact###
u sound like an immature homo. how old are u? guys discussing football dont comment on players attractiveness. u are definitely a faggott!! get d fak outta here before u start making a move on me d!kkface
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by drnoel: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2013
ayswags: god will punish u
punish u first..
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by jadakiss213(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2013
ideee03: *breaks bottle on thread* Where them dey?Who them be?Taaaaa!Ihe ge me for that field today.*sips appletiny*
ehn ehn.your Boyfriend/husband don suffer!
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by dabrake(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2013
But to be sincere, I'm scared of team burkinafaso. I hope we win them.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Kezzy24(f): 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2013
Kslib: Lies!!! Nigerians are not over-confident.. We were just using it as a defense mechnism when the ghanaians were attacking us.. And secondly,we were surprised about our teams sudden transformation,hence using their performance to give ourselves hope.. Any Nigerian that will write of the burkina babes must be simply mad..
What the burkina babaes are just trying to do is to make themselves look like under dogs so all the pressure will be on our head.. They want to use the ivory coast over-confidence saga on us not knowing that we are waaaay smarter than they are.. Afterall,we are NIGERIANS..
I repeat,we do not boast,we are not over-confident,we cant write off the burkina babes.. Afterall,we drew 1-1 with them.. They defeated ethiopia 4-1,but we defeated them 2-0.. We drew with zambia,and so did they.. They won theirimportant matches,so did we..
I repeat this reverse psychology will not work on us cos we are waaaay smarte than haters.. Afterall we are NIGERIANS..

Tell them ooo...
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by KokoBeware: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2013
“I’m waiting for tonight to give my fiancée the answer whether I will marry him. He asked me for it last month and I have been thinking. However, if the Stallions win tonight I’ll call him and say I’ve agreed to marry him,” she said.

Am i the only one that saw this line..... Dem ask you one month ago and the baeb is hinging it on SE loss... kaii someone will remain single oooo...
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by manmustwac(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2013
Our Eagles who art in AFCON.

Victory be thy name, thy trophy come.

Thy cup be brought to us, as it was in the past.

Bring us this trophy, our Eagles coach and forgive those who killed Victor Moses' parents, as we forgave those who stole our subsidy funds, and lead us not not into extra time, but deliver us in 90 mins.

For thine is the trophy, the title and the reward, as 2013 is concerned the year of restoration and settlement.. .. ..AMEN !!!!

1 Like

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Kslib(m): 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
lapaz6410: u sound like an immature homo. how old are u? guys discussing football dont comment on players attractiveness. u are definitely a faggott!! get d fak outta here before u start making a move on me d!kkface
You were the one who was saying our players looks malnourished and ugly and i was trying to prove to you that your girls love us more than you ugly burnt dwarfs and here you're trying to call me gaaaay?? Well,you are a product of a dwarf nation so its no surprise that your sense of reasoning is dwarfish in nature.. The creativity of an average ghanaian can never exceed 1cm on a good day,first law of dwarf science...

1 Like

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by dabrake(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
Kslib:
You were the one who was saying our players looks malnourished and ugly and i was trying to prove to you that your girls love us more than you ugly burnt dwarfs and here you're trying to call me gaaaay?? Well,you are a product of a dwarf nation so its no surprise that your sense of reasoning is dwarfish in nature.. The creativity of an average ghanaian can never exceed 1cm on a good day,first law of dwarf science...
jeez! Brutal technical knockout.

1 Like

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by babyboy3(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
Its at the beginning we looked like a team who struggles to string 3 passes together all of a sudden the over confidence is now becoming worrying......

Someone might commit suicide if we dont win
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by lapaz6410: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
i cant wait to experience the mood on nairaland after bf trashes u to kingdom come. for now go ahead and post pics of ur white european looking jesus. i doubt he gives a shit about ur black or bleached azsses
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by jude33084(m): 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2013
grin grin cool

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by onila(f): 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2013
nigerians are not that confident either.....we r all hoping on luck n God
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by dabrake(m): 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2013
lapaz6410: i cant wait to experience the mood on nairaland after bf trashes u to kingdom come. for now go ahead and post pics of ur white european looking jesus. i doubt he gives a shit about ur black or bleached azsses
you go dey here cry. Jealous gaynaians who will die early due to depression. Yesterday, I was reading comments from a blog owned by a 4ft black polish fool where you guys openly expressed envy over the black corpse's inability to play like the super eagles. That's how you guys won't stop hating zambia just because they defeated you guys last year in the semis. By 2130HRS today, I will be waiting for your giant mouse self.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by mars123(m): 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2013
Somebody fit die today...Monday vanguard fit bad o
God abeg mk I nor cry o.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by babyboy3(m): 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2013
Can you imagine if Ghana had won? kai!!

I would have had to move to planet Mars or Saturn to avoid the whining and bragging of the Koffi fan boys you would think the retained the world cup
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Oluesther(f): 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
Havilah93: so if we win, that girl down there will say no to her man? grin

Exactly what I wanted to ask.

1 Like

Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by ayusco: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2013
Hmmm guys we need to stay humble we don't have a divine right to win anymore than the burkinabes do but my prayer is that God will reward our efforts GO SUPER EAGLES!
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Adekdammy: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2013
But d truth is dat our comments as fans have nothing to do with wat will be done on d pitch, idajo ori papa ni now, all d same by God's grace we shall win IJN,AMEN.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by Mafun: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
tbaba1234: The most important thing is that the players themselves are not overconfident.... Focus and determination!!

God bless you dear. Yah, I read an interview granted to our keeper and I was highly impressed with his response.
Our players left for south Africa with one faith, despite all that was said about them at the group stage, the Lord was on their side. I still believe in that God, He will not let them down.
Let's keep praying for them.
Re: Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans by imperiouxx(m): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2013
Burkina fans should sharrrrrrrap! Nigeria isn't Ghana who keeps hailing pregnant players till their yansh was exposed by underdogs angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Obiozo Accused Of Taking Bribe To Lose Match In Cup Final / Kanu Nwankwo Assures Heartland FC On Ihedioha's Promise / Samuel Kalu Replaces Malcom At Bordeaux

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.