Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,475 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa (4434 Views)

New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose / Buhari Ally Abubakar Tsav Warns Him Against Sectional Appointments / My Prophecy 2011 : Sectional Rebellion Army from The Nigeria Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by dayokanu(m): 4:02am On Feb 11, 2013
Akin-Egba:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be'er Sheva, Israel), Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers)

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (SC Braga, Portugal), Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC, Israel), Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey), Efe Ambrose (Celtic, Scotland), Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves), Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands), Godfrey Oboabona (Sunshine Stars)

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis, Spain), Ogenyi Onazi (|Lazio, Italy), Obiora Nwankwo (Padova, Italy), Fegor Ogude (Valerenga, Norway), Gabriel Reuben (Kano Pillars)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa ( CSKA Moscow, Russia), Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Victor Moses (Chelsea, England), Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers), Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal, Spain), Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine), Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers)

So how many did you count 9 or 10 out of 23?

Thats the thing with Ibos always making noise There are proably equal or more South South people but you dont hear them making noise like these Ibos
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AkinEgba: 4:10am On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats the thing with Ibos always making noise There are proably equal or more South South people but you dont hear them making noise like these Ibos

10 Igbos (SE) out of 23. What is the percentage? (about 43.5%) + 1 Igbo from SS
1 Yoruba only (0.001% grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is a country of 250 ethnic groups, remember?

BTW South South is nOt an ethnic group. It is a region comprising more than 50 ethnic groups
By both ethnic group and region, Igbos of SE dominated the football.

1 Like

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by gratiaeo(m): 7:16am On Feb 11, 2013
pazienza: Good coach,good result. Now keshi must try to bring guys like anichebe and osaze into the fold,to strenghten this squad ahead of the fifa confederation cup. There is still room for improvement,tougher challenges lie in the future.
Osa what?? If i hear that name again!
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by 7842I: 7:28am On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu:

They deserve to make enough noise, 10 igbo and 1 yoruba in a team and shame still gree you talk?

1 Like

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by 7842I: 7:32am On Feb 11, 2013
Akin-Egba:

10 Igbos (SE) out of 23. What is the percentage? (about 43.5%) + 1 Igbo from SS
1 Yoruba only (0.001% grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is a country of 250 ethnic groups, remember?

BTW South South is nOt an ethnic group. It is a region comprising more than 50 ethnic groups
By both ethnic group and region, Igbos of SE dominated the football.

Dont mind the blind westerners, now IGBO donated 10 players out of 250 ethnic groups and nobody is shouting national character, tomorrow if 10 igbo men are promoted in the army you will start to see nothern lawmakers holding emergency midnight meetings.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by gratiaeo(m): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2013
Mod front page abeg oo
This victory has expose yoruba hypocrisy, i was very surprise hearing that noise from a man called him self a journalist, imagine the kind of hatred he have on Igbos that he couldn't control him self

1 Like

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by 7842I: 7:37am On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu: Keshi is from Delta, Ideye Brown is from Bayelsa, Victor Moses, Oboaboana, Enyeama from Cross River, Yobo from Rivers, Echiejile from Edo State, Efe Ambrose from Delta State, Fegur Ogude from Delta, Onazi from Benue State, Nosa Igiebor from Edo state

So how are these people Ibos

Maybe OP should remember when Christian Chukwu a full Iboman was coach and failed

I like what is happening now, you will be scared of watching the Nigerian matches so you dont get CHOKED with Igbo faces. In your face Dayo

4 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by 7842I: 7:39am On Feb 11, 2013
gratiaeo: Mod front page abeg oo
This victory has expose yoruba hypocrisy, i was very surprise hearing that noise from a man called him self a journalist, imagine the kind of hatred he have on Igbos that he couldn't control him self

They will not put this one on the front page, because it will glorify the south east and expose the lies of the west.

1 Like

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by gratiaeo(m): 7:40am On Feb 11, 2013
7842I:

They deserve to make enough noise, 10 igbo and 1 yoruba in a team and shame still gree you talk?
Don't mind him so now he knows that the team is equal..... He ll tell that to his brother Gbenga Odapotun, who tagged the team a sectional team
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 11, 2013
Bad belle is yoruba problem...... This is what we need to do to move this country forward, chose the best nomatter where they come from. Keshi you has made name for your self, sooner Ihejirika will join you
Yorubas your media propaganda and hypocrisy is setting this great country back. Shun hypocrisy, shun tribalism,
A man called him self chairman Oyo chapter of journalist going to the press and spite that venom have show how he hate Igbos. thanks God he has putting to shame, though he still need to apologize to southeasterns and Nigeria in general

3 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by KnowAll(m): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2013
keshi sef na lagos boy, he went to st finnbars, his parents might be delta but he himself na lagos he grew up making him a honourary lagosian.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by gratiaeo(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2013
KnowAll: keshi sef na lagos boy, he went to st finnbars, his parents might be delta but he himself na lagos he grew up making him a honourary lagosian.
Ok, am also a lagosian as i was born and brought up here in lagos..... Yoruba and double standard

1 Like

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Iykopee(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2013
gratiaeo:
Ok, am also a lagosian as i was born and brought up here in lagos..... Yoruba and double standard

Dont mind dat rapscallion.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Abagworo(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2013
If you observe what Igbos preach for is equal opportunity and competition while most other ethnic groups preach quota. One can never develop with quota system(national character) especially when the aim is to avoid Igbo or Yoruba domination because the best hands are lost. What Soludo did for our banking is unimaginable, Akunyili in NAFDAC, Nnaji in power, El-Rufai in FCT, Ndukwe in communication etc is a good lesson for us to allow the best hands.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by ak47mann(m): 9:56am On Feb 11, 2013
https://www./B.F.Association/

UP BIAFRA FOOTBALL TEAM, THE NATION BUILDERS cool

1 Like

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by bokohalal(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
Duduknight:

Don't pretend not to know that some Igbo sons were tagging it a Biafran team even before the first ball was kicked in anger. I don't particularly care who started it. The facts remain that a worthy achievement is being tainted by idiots. This is not Nigeria's first nations cup; Nigeria has won in the past with more balanced representation.

Keshi was appointed to pick a team and he has done well for Nigeria. End of story.
You are right on this. When sometime ago I tried to show that the team was not an Igbo team some Igbo posters insisted it was 90% Igbo.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Igwe9(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
dayokanu: Keshi is from Delta, Ideye Brown is from Bayelsa, Victor Moses, Oboaboana, Enyeama from Cross River, Yobo from Rivers, Echiejile from Edo State, Efe Ambrose from Delta State, Fegur Ogude from Delta, Onazi from Benue State, Nosa Igiebor from Edo state

Maybe OP should remember when Christian Chukwu a full Iboman was coach and failed
What makes one an Igbo?
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by ikeyman00(m): 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
^^

i tell u wat makes one an igbo

if he was involve in drugs trafficking to coup

then he is igbo from oduduwa-arewa perspective naw

by the way igwe where have u being hiding self

u went jail?
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Noiseless2: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
Trying to play it smart right, as if you are not aware when your Yoruba brothers who claimed the are "ACTIVIST" screaming how the money meant for players allowance would enrich the "Igbo nation", because coach KESHI applied nepotism and selected only his Igbo brothers so that only them could get the money?

Anyway, who expects a Yoruba not to do what they are best known for, ran into a bush to beat a gong then apear down the road screaming and asking who was beating the gong.

0lumide: I will like to see who started the entire "it's all Igbo team, super eagles of Biafra" crap first....

I will like to see where it all came from because everything is beginning to look like a made up story to get more glory.

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by pluto04(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
Super chickens of Biafra won. So what?
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Obiagu1(m): 6:36am On Feb 12, 2013
1994 Squad.

Coach: Clemens Westerhof

Wilfred Agbonavbare
Alloysius Agu
Peter Rufai
Augustine Eguavoen
Benedict Iroha
Stephen Keshi (c)
Uche Okechukwu
Isaac Semitoje
Nduka Ugbade
Uche Okafor
Mutiu Adepoju
Fuludu Edema
Efan Ekoku
Finidi George
Jay-Jay Okocha
Thompson Oliha
Sunday Oliseh
Daniel Amokachi
Emmanuel Amuneke
Victor Ikpeba
Samson Siasia
Rashidi Yekini

2013 Squad:

Coach: Stephen Keshi

Vincent Enyeama
Joseph Yobo (c)
Uwa Elderson Echiéjilé
Nwankwo Obiorah
Efe Ambrose
Azubuike Egwuekwe
Ahmed Musa
Brown Ideye
Emmanuel Emenike
Mikel John Obi
Victor Moses
Reuben Gabriel
Fegor Ogude
Godfrey Oboabona
Ikechukwu Uche
Austin Ejide
Ogenyi Onazi
Ejike Uzoenyi
Sunday Mba
Nosa Igiebor
Juwon Oshaniwa
Kenneth Omeruo
Chigozie Agbim

Can anyone spot the difference in the 2 squads?
With all the attacks Keshi got and none to Westerhof, it's obvious that Nigeria is more racist than we've ever been.

4 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Awake9ja(m): 6:48am On Feb 12, 2013

going by the information you provided, then the team is 90% Biafran team.
almost all the state you mention was in the old eastern block.

my benue state has only one player in the team, anyway am happy of that bcuz its clear that old eastern block are gifted in sports.
until nigeria will learn to give honor to whom honor is due.

by the way why is it only yorubas contesting about igbo this igbo that in super eagles.
i dont knw yoruba prob with igbos but if they will come and change location
with my home state and stay with hausa/fulani's in one region since they prove time again to love fulanis and hate igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Awake9ja(m): 6:57am On Feb 12, 2013
if it will take only old eastern block plus edo and delta to make nigeria a super power in sports am voting it.

i blv every body has his/her area of specialization,
we in the belt are very good in agriculture.
the core north is good in animal farm
yorubas is good in media
old eastern block own sports

my point is that its high time we uphold credibility in this nation in other to maintain our glory.

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Awake9ja(m): 7:03am On Feb 12, 2013
its time we learn from the europe:

country like england lobbys and do anything possible to get a good player from any country to play for them no matter your color,
tell me why a sports commisioner in yoruba land will bring confusion and hatred in our national team just bcus they are made of almost one region.

for our information, most (80% - 90%) of the spanish national team are catalanians yet none complain, they choose glory rather than sentiment.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Yeske2(m): 7:04am On Feb 12, 2013
Obiagu1: 1994 Squad.

Coach: Clemens Westerhof

Wilfred Agbonavbare
Alloysius Agu
Peter Rufai
Augustine Eguavoen
Benedict Iroha
Stephen Keshi (c)
Uche Okechukwu
Isaac Semitoje
Nduka Ugbade
Uche Okafor
Mutiu Adepoju
Fuludu Edema
Efan Ekoku
Finidi George
Jay-Jay Okocha
Thompson Oliha
Sunday Oliseh
Daniel Amokachi
Emmanuel Amuneke
Victor Ikpeba
Samson Siasia
Rashidi Yekini

2013 Squad:

Coach: Stephen Keshi

Vincent Enyeama
Joseph Yobo (c)
Uwa Elderson Echiéjilé
Nwankwo Obiorah
Efe Ambrose
Azubuike Egwuekwe
Ahmed Musa
Brown Ideye
Emmanuel Emenike
Mikel John Obi
Victor Moses
Reuben Gabriel
Fegor Ogude
Godfrey Oboabona
Ikechukwu Uche
Austin Ejide
Ogenyi Onazi
Ejike Uzoenyi
Sunday Mba
Nosa Igiebor
Juwon Oshaniwa
Kenneth Omeruo
Chigozie Agbim

Can anyone spot the difference in the 2 squads?
With all the attacks Keshi got and none to Westerhof, it's obvious that Nigeria is more racist than we've ever been.

Spot on.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Awake9ja(m): 8:38am On Feb 12, 2013
by the way i can see that hausa/fulani's is comfortable with 1 or 2 hausa man in the team,
its only yorubas i see that has prob with biafran domination in sports.

onething is certain in life "you can't be good in everything" you can only dominate one or two things.

fifa can never adopt 250 players in a field bcus nigeria cannot manage their diversity
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by achi4u(m): 9:01am On Feb 12, 2013
Same thing they dished out during Super Falcons outings.Let it be know that we all need each other for this nation to move forward.

up WAZOBIA

1 Like

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Awake9ja(m): 9:10am On Feb 12, 2013
by achi4u(m): 9:01am
Same thing they dished out during Super Falcons outings.Let it be know that we all need each other for this nation to move forward.
up WAZOBIA

exactly my point. we need one another.

i dont knw why the major tribes like hausa/yorubas always tribalize everytin,
wat did they espect us the minority to do.

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by bokohalal(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2013
Yeske!:
Spot on.

It is not. Thompson Oliha (De boy) is a proper Edo from the family that is the head of the Uzama n Ihinron.

Oliseh, Ekoku and Ugbade might not be the Igbo-claiming Aniomas. Okocha and Keshi might be.Though Stephen Keshi has been adopted by the Edos.
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AndreUweh(m): 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
bokohalal:

It is not. Thompson Oliha (De boy) is a proper Edo from the family that is the head of the Uzama n Ihinron.

Oliseh, Ekoku and Ugbade might not be the Igbo-claiming Aniomas. Okocha and Keshi might be.Though Stephen Keshi has been adopted by the Edos.
Oliha--Edo.
Ekoku--Delta Igbo. His father was a founding member of Onu Anioma and Ohanaeze in the U.K
OLISEH: Delta Igbo and proud Igbo. His mother plays an active role in Ohanaeze women's wing Lagos chapter.
Okocha a proud Igbo and from the same community as Okonjo and Uwechue-prominent Ohanaeze chieftains.
Nduka-though Igbo, but I don't know much about him.
Okechukwu Keshi, from Oshimili in Delta state. The same community that produced some of Biafra's best fighters, Nwawo, Achuzia, Onwuatuegwu etc.

2 Likes

Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by Malawian(m): 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2013

i thought these two were igbos all along. how come they have igbo names?
Re: Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa by AndreUweh(m): 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
Malawian: i thought these two were igbos all along. how come they have igbo names?
Uwa Echiejile is Igbo while Enyeama is Ibibio.
Echiejile, Chiejine, Echiejine all mean the same thing. Echiejile in English means let 2morrow not come to an end. The actual meaning is let the world continue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

is lagos helping the patronage for Yoruba Goods, Services And Products / Pictures Of Terrorists In Their Camp / The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.