Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,481 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony (21134 Views)

Video : D'banj's Performance At Global Citizens Earth Day 2015 In D.C / Rate Dbanj's AFCON Closing Ceremony Performance / Dbanj's Performance At AFCON 2013 Closing Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by ninamyers: 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
watch the video again, D'Banj lip sync his songs, n i thot it was boring, i like him , i expected more but after the TOP of the world song, i was like is that it? It was boring for me. *thumb's down*

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by ideylaff: 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
ifihearam: Anytime anyday,banj is the best in africa not even tuface can stand I'm not to talk of psquare. I know he will never go down and sorry for jazzy may God bless his new loya milk selling trade.

Why are you guys trying to stare up whats not

Don Jazzy did big things as well for AFCON, he's a producer, you dont expect to see him sing live, Do you

Every time this tune was played its Jazzy behind it. They are not enemies, they just parted ways simple

Samsung To Release Official AFCON 2013 Anthem Produced By Don Jazzy

This premier competition will bring together Africa’s most talented football players, and is estimated to attract more than 6.6 billion cumulative TV viewers and 87,072 hours of TV exposure.

http://showbiz.peacefmonline.com/music/201301/152722.php

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by niggaman(m): 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
uihebom: Dbanj might be paid up to N10million. But all dis people shouting hatazz hatazz u should be more worried about your life. Una don chop?
and ur point exactly is? u dey sell pof-pof for go slow?
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by tintingz(m): 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
D'banj killed the show...... Kokomaster noni cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by banjula(m): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
Performance solid, dbanj is really on top of the world meanwhile I heard don jazzy produced the track, is this true or false
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Larrey(f): 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
dbanj is not my favorite(i love tuface) but i loved his performance on that day

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
Fash The Gem: By the way, safari girl?
Even if dbanj win grammy safari girl go still yab am.
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
I didn't feel his first performance, except for when the dancers where doing d 'shake bum bum', he was busy messing up the lip syncing thing. But thankfully he got the second performance right and he killed it with the 'top of the world' track.
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by olly4life: 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
franchizy: But Dbanj didn't participate in AFCON closing ceremony cos I watched d ceremony Live on AIT. How come we are rating him. Mtcheeeeeew
Hmmm, ur AIT tv was on NigSat abi. Dey will b showing d Champion League tomorrow btw Super Eagles & Manchester United by 8:45pm.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Fesisko(m): 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
One word to describe him:Awesome.he killed the show with his superb performance.indeed,he is ontop of the world!

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by yogun(f): 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
Omo!!! His performance was very point...
Oshe!!!!!!!!!
i LOVED IT
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by gordonsmat(m): 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
D Banj! He shld b giving d best hipop star in Africa. d guy tried... There Gbosa!!! for him.
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
Wow Almost eveyone on nairaland knows dat safari gurl is a dbanj hater thought it was only me
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ada Nri1: rule which Africa? How myopic. As a paid performer he is expected to deliver 110% anything short of that is mediocre
haters are liable to die poor
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Awake9ja(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
dbanj song is not good for an occasion like this.

his performance is ok but the song is no no.
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by snthesis(m): 2:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
DBanj try
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by airmark(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
...... Moving forward, that's what is left.
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Hardfact: 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
ideylaff: I was live @ d show, not a bad performance but he was playing catch up with the background music they were pumping out

Thats not what I call a grand performance, unless u cant hear D'banjs voice trailing behing the music.

Any1 can mime... please lets be objective for once Nigerians....

id score it a 5/10.....

Not a Dbanj hatter, just telling it like it is....

Bros na lie. You be "h8ter".
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by enemmo(f): 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
I will give him 60 percent and that is being very lenient.Maybe 50 percent but his back up dancers helped him a lot.
Before that day I was never really a fan on South African Music,but three ladies sang live before him,and one white guy,those people really raised the bar,and then Dbanj came out,I was like,this guy has a lot to do o,and than scape goat again,and he mimed it!!.It was okay,just there,nothing spectacular,on top of the World was just okay too.He tried sha o. Sixty percent B

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by babaireti(m): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
samm_miey: Tried

Stupid
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Limaoscar: 3:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
will give him 60 percent and that is being very lenient.Maybe 50 percent but his back up dancers helped him a lot.
Before that day I was never really a fan on South African Music,but three ladies sang live before him,and one white guy,those people really raised the bar,and then Dbanj came out,I was like,this guy has a lot to do o,and than scape goat again,and he mimed it!!.It was okay,just there,nothing spectacular,on top of the World was just okay too.He tried sha o. Sixty percent B

Absolutely Spot on!

The South African Artiste and Choreographers killed it! Dbanj only did well with His "Top of the World" Performace...plus He had stage presence apart from this nothing wow really (IMHO)

1 Like

Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Maxivalue(m): 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
SamConquer: D'banj is an Entertainer While 2BABA is both an Entertainer and a Preacher.....
grin grin grin That's way too funny
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by SURYSuri(f): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
Whether D'banj lip synch or not the performance was superb and I still love him he made me proud. After all Beyonce also lip synch the American National anthem.
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Awake9ja(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
how can you appear at a crowd like this and beging to sing "shake bum bum",
guys that is crazy, com'on we are not in a club. that atmosphere deserve a good music devoid of vulgar nonsense.

anybody in his right senses that says dbanj song is alright in this occasion is a tribalist,

i mean what is the meaning in that song that suits the event?
lyrics "i love beyounce, i love omotola, i love genevive, then shake bum bum" what an insult to the event.
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by Awake9ja(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
who even suggest dbanj for occasion like this. if that ocasion need vulgar song from naija artist dbanj shouldnt be the one ofcourse,

that bad guy flavour nabania and even timaya does vulgar worst than dbanj.

TerryG would have been ok or better still
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by kala111: 3:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
olly4life: Hmmm, ur AIT tv was on NigSat abi. Dey will b showing d Champion League tomorrow btw Super Eagles & Manchester United by 8:45pm.

Badt boi grin grin grin grin
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by kala111: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
Awake9ja: how can you appear at a crowd like this and beging to sing "shake bum bum",
guys that is crazy, com'on we are not in a club. that atmosphere deserve a good music devoid of vulgar nonsense.

anybody in his right senses that says dbanj song is alright in this occasion is a tribalist,

lyrics "i love beyounce, i love omotola, i love
genevive, then shake bum bum" what an insult to the event.

I hope you knew Dbang didn't begged before coming to perform at the closing ceremony, he was rightly choosed by those organizers who already knew is style of music. I wondered on what u really expected of him. Were u actually expcting him to do Apala song abi on a cool Indian love song
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by kala111: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
Awake9ja: how can you appear at a crowd like this and beging to sing "shake bum bum",

lyrics "i love beyounce, i love omotola, i love
genevive, then shake bum bum" what an insult to the event.

I hope you knew Dbang didn't begged before coming to perform at the closing ceremony, he was rightly choosed by those organizers who already knew is style of music. I wondered on what u really expected of him. Were u actually expcting him to do Apala song abi on a cool Indian love song?
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by dinachi(m): 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
enemmo: I will give him 60 percent and that is being very lenient.Maybe 50 percent but his back up dancers helped him a lot.

Which one did your Godfather Don Jazzy do? All these Don Jazzy bootlickers should take their heavily biased comments to their oga Don Loya whose graph of success has been on a downward spiral! Very soon he will stop producing music entirely and focus on his first love milk! You should leave Dbanj alone, Dbanj should be competing with international music legends like Michael Jackson and co,While Don jazzy should be compared to other milk producers like Cowbell and Miksi! Thats the unfortunate truth! Meanwhile, Dbanjs performance was Supa Dopa! Haters smile and say cheese! Our ship is sailing away to global success better jump ship now!Even Don Loya has been Nicodemously seeing Dbanj for reonciliation! Dbanj is not just a brilliant entertainer hes also highly favoured by the most high! Check this out: first Musician to interview Mr President in person, The President Won his election hands down.Only Nigerian Artist to perform at the closing ceremony of AFCON 2013, the eagles went on to win the cup! Thats what i call a man with a midas touch. Don Loya: first producer to sell sorry dash a few recharge cards on Twitter. lol
Re: How Will You Rate D'banj's Performance At AFCON Closing Ceremony by dgb4(m): 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
franchizy: But Dbanj didn't participate in AFCON closing ceremony cos I watched d ceremony Live on AIT. How come we are rating him. Mtcheeeeeew
u no say u get eye problem, why u no wear ur eyeglasses watch the closing ceremony? angry

sorry, i understood AIT didnt show the full stuff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things An Up And Coming Nigerian Artist Must Know! / Download Zip. Future HNDRXX Full Album Direct / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.