Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! (28347 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Adurangba(f): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2013
How many of you here on NairaLand asked for him to be sacked after the first and second games? See hypocrites.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Adurangba(f): 9:07am On Feb 12, 2013
oluwadare26: He shud thank his saviour dat he didnt waited long, he 4 c the Unemployed graduates get coaching skills

You must be an un employed graduate with this your English. Na by force to write in English?
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by donphilopus: 9:07am On Feb 12, 2013
@op when did keshi withdraw his resignation? Because 8:am news said he's resigned.. How come they've not gotten the the news that he's not resigned? I've confirmed it nice..
Please it's high time we stopped encouraging ourselves..wrongly with fake news on this nair
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Next2Bezee(m): 9:07am On Feb 12, 2013
new maonza: [b]STEPHEN KESHI WILL FOREVER REGRET THIS MOVE cry....[/b]

Exactly, because of "Car" and how much again? If Nigeria falters in the future, The same people will eat him alive. undecided
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by supereagle(m): 9:08am On Feb 12, 2013
[size=18pt]Big Boss if I were you, I will bow out honorably: "It is good to bow out when the Ovation is high." the hawks in Glass house will do everything to rubbish your achievements. When Amodu qualified Nigeria for 2010 WC,they demoted him and went for "Lagerpay" that could not lead his country to SA 2010. When you and Amodu qualified Nigeria for 2002 WC. They dismissed you and went for Onigbinde that took Nigeria nowhere.
If you decided to stay, I wish you well, but beware of banana peels in Glass House. Don't say I didn't warn you . A word is enough for the wise.[/size]
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by DrDoGood1(m): 9:10am On Feb 12, 2013
Yes that is the new game plan that i told you before, I also learnt that Sephen Keshi just release a new song.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Giditinz(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2013
That's gud of him! He has shown what a true leader can do: Meet the target and yet not cling to power or personal achievement!GOVT OFFICIALS TAKE A CUE. Now the government will be ready to listen to him. I guess he can now get the perks of a descent home and a gud car. The good name is already there. Keshi, we are proud of you, keep the flag flying!
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by tbaba12345: 9:14am On Feb 12, 2013
donphilopus: @op when did keshi withdraw his resignation? Because 8:am news said he's resigned.. How come they've not gotten the the news that he's not resigned? I've confirmed it nice..
Please it's high time we stopped encouraging ourselves..wrongly with fake news on this nair

What fake news??

He resigned, the presidency intervened and he withdrew his resignation.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by gentlefada(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2013
i dont think his original interntion was to resign outrigthlyç i thing he is just using it to get a better offer from the NFF. He knows he has bargainning power since he won the nations cup and he is cashing in.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by gentlefada(m): 9:16am On Feb 12, 2013
i dont think his original interntion was to resign outrigthly, i think he is just using it to get a better offer from the NFF. He knows he has bargainning power since he won the nations cup and he is cashing in.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by searay(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2013
executinal: He will now get direct contact with GEJ cool cool

NFF President will be sacked if Keshi terms and condition of service is not met.

Some people wanted to loot the allocation meant for Keshi and his boys, official Car for paper, Salary for press, residential house for mouth. Keshi we thank you for coming back to continue were you stopped.

Our grass root football development must continue. Say no to bigger boys cool cool

Up Keshi Up Super Eagle, cool cool

[size=18pt]FUC,K NFF[/size] angry angry angry
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by unclenna(m): 9:20am On Feb 12, 2013
why is the NFF so wicked. Why will they not pay the man and his boys their alawi. I hate NFF.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by ichidodo: 9:20am On Feb 12, 2013
phew!
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by forkadict(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2013
Good thing he rescinded his decision to quit the job.

But NFF is just a subset of Nigeria where idio.tic and clueless clowns are in charge of affairs. Why cant we have an overhaul of that house of corruption called nff? they just run the nations football any how they deem fit and the sad thing is that they ALWAYS get away with it. This country is dooomed. Fork it!

By the way, thank God for me o. I am the 75th person to comment. e no easy
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by donphilopus: 9:25am On Feb 12, 2013
tbaba12345:

What fake news??

He resigned, the presidency intervened and he withdrew his resignation.

I just confirmed the withdrawal of his resignation.. Apart from, this many of my cahoots on nairaland used to encourage us wrongly with fake news..
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by adexsimply(m): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2013
you don dey PROUDING mode abi?
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by 5much(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2013
d incentives nd spoils of office where too much for him 2 reject.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi's decision might guarantee him a direct access to the top officials in the Sports ministry and Aso Rock.
But he has to lead the team to a creditable outing in Brazil this June, in order for him to escape the vendetta of the NFF.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2013
5much: d incentives nd spoils of office where too much for him 2 reject.

5 million Naira per month no be beans oh. grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Panter215: 9:29am On Feb 12, 2013
igbsam: NFF is the problem in Nigeria football. They need to do away with those old mongrels who calls themselves NFF officials and bring in those knows it.

Oboy after the first two matches, talk true, you no follow talk sey Keshi don fail?
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by donphilopus: 9:34am On Feb 12, 2013
I'm not perplexed because the full meaning of "nff" is "no football fee" non payment of promised allowance to players and..coach
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by alaoeri: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2013
Know from inception say na 'shakara oloje ni'
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by akatonero(m): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2013
Parabulating grin grin grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by otipoju(m): 9:45am On Feb 12, 2013
Two times Amodu qualified nigeria for the world cup. The first was Korea Japan 2002, after Bonfere jo abandoned what seemed a hopeless situaition during the qualifiers.We disbanded a whole national team and called them "tired legs" doing away with a wealth of experience in Finidi, Oliseh, Tijani etc. Eventually we hired an Onigbinde whose players the great Taribo west described as "Junk players". We are just recovering from the consequences of that descision..Amodu again qualified for south africa 2010 and we decided to axe him and bring a lagerback who collected a huge sum of money and did not go beyond the first round.Like Bora militunovic in 1998 he did not even bother to return with the team to Nigeria. Keshi witnessed all these at close quarters and naturally would cringe in horror when he found out that his own FA had typed his sack letter and booked a return flight expecting him to lose against Cotedevoire. If he decides to resign, it would be the honorable thing to do. As most nigerian football fans are impatient and support their own team only when the going is good.( Yet we support Arsenal and Chelsea week in week out win or lose). Many envious journalists have this "pull him down at all costs" syndrome,and are incapable of an objective analyses of issues . There are trigger happy and kleptomaniac federation officials who will sacrifice any coach on the altar of convenience in spite of pledging their support for him publicly... Its not easy to coach Nigeria.Stephen Keshi the Big Boss I doff my hat for you. Respect.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by inspirenet: 9:45am On Feb 12, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Good move

smiley
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Igwe9(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2013
Every dog has it's own day. In as much as I do not blame Keshi for his resignation threat , I also would not blame the sport minister for his initial quest for a capable replacement. If Keshi hadn't performed, I wouldn't have supported his stay, nobody would like to associate himself with failure.
All parties are right, B.T.W, it's all about the theory of the demand and supply!
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by NaLaugh: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2013
I'm sure many saw this coming.

In addition, i'd like to use this medium to announce that i am FULLY resigning from Nairaland.

Okay, i change my mind. I'll stay.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Ejine(m): 9:49am On Feb 12, 2013
oluwadare26: He shud thank his saviour dat he didnt waited long, he 4 c the Unemployed graduates get coaching skills

I swear to God, you no get brain, kai my brother, you dull no be small.
If you don't know, there are already talks of other African countries trying to approach him for a coaching job.
If you also don't know, Keshi didn't even recieve his salary before going for the AFCON because the shamelessly corrupt and grossly inept NFF was only busy paying him in the pages of newspapers. The so-called 15,000 dollars they promised them, dem still never recieve am reach today.

Once again bros, you are a dullard.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by stancoreal: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2013
boron10: He is not a man of his words. Thought he said he was never going to comeback?
Typical Nigerian, always wanting to display pride with any given opportunity.

You must a poor man, he used what he has to gain what he wanted
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Francuiz: 10:01am On Feb 12, 2013
South africa already offered him a 15mil job
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by olempe(m): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2013
[quote author=Akshow]He wan start feel like king kung fu abi? Abeg mind yourself o. [/quote
He won the Nations Cup, he deserved it...]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Talk About The Craziest Thing They Have Done For The Love Of Football / Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. / Dettol Cool Announces Odion Ighalo As New Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.