Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! (28343 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by ideee03(f): 10:04am On Feb 12, 2013
grin
oluwadare26: He shud thank his saviour dat he didnt waited long, he 4 c the Unemployed graduates get coaching skills
Prof. Dare

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by ochukoccna: 10:07am On Feb 12, 2013
It would have been naive to expect Keshi's resignation to be accepted
As 2015 approaches,Ebele Jonny no movement would use all what can sway emotions toward himself
In 2011,it was I had no shoes
For 2015,who knows for now
Also,knowing how things work in Nigeria,it was never in doubt NFF nor the Sports Ministry nor the Presidency would allow him resign
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Ivynwa(f): 10:12am On Feb 12, 2013
He pulled his tripled-up-worth swagga string on[color=00099] them and now they[/color] will all be tripping to do his biddings.
Nice!
He and the boys did us proud, I believed in them all the way. They should sit up in NFF, respect the talent we've got and quit getting us foreign coaches, the ones some countries brought to AFCON nearly had hypertension in the field on us. Lol grin

oluwadare26: He shud thank his saviour dat he didnt waited long, he 4 c the Unemployed graduates get coaching skills

grin grin
You ain't easy.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by awesomet1(m): 10:12am On Feb 12, 2013
ehis00: and how does this affect d fact dat ghana no dey reach finals
lolll
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by xxyz17(m): 10:14am On Feb 12, 2013
You're simply sense,less. Jealousy

seunblack: We all knw he can't resign,do u tink its easy earning 5m a month salary?how many coaches in africa are earning up to that?he only wants unnecessary attention and now he has gotten it .comfirmed ibo man
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by greaterlove(m): 10:16am On Feb 12, 2013
otipoju: Two times Amodu qualified nigeria for the world cup. The first was Korea Japan 2002, after Bonfere jo abandoned what seemed a hopeless situaition during the qualifiers.We disbanded a whole national team and called them "tired legs" doing away with a wealth of experience in Finidi, Oliseh, Tijani etc. Eventually we hired an Onigbinde whose players the great Taribo west described as "Junk players". We are just recovering from the consequences of that descision..Amodu again qualified for south africa 2010 and we decided to axe him and bring a lagerback who collected a huge sum of money and did not go beyond the first round.Like Bora militunovic in 1998 he did not even bother to return with the team to Nigeria. Keshi witnessed all these at close quarters and naturally would cringe in horror when he found out that his own FA had typed his sack letter and booked a return flight expecting him to lose against Cotedevoire. If he decides to resign, it would be the honorable thing to do. As most nigerian football fans are impatient and support their own team only when the going is good.( Yet we support Arsenal and Chelsea week in week out win or lose). Many envious journalists have this "pull him down at all costs" syndrome,and are incapable of an objective analyses of issues . There are trigger happy and kleptomaniac federation officials who will sacrifice any coach on the altar of convenience in spite of pledging their support for him publicly... Its not easy to coach Nigeria.Stephen Keshi the Big Boss I doff my hat for you. Respect.
You said it all. I doff my hat for keshi too and also for you.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by sojihandsome: 10:16am On Feb 12, 2013
Nice one from keshi just need to show them you have some integrity of your own some idiot can't just talk to you anyhow and he is a man we should all chrise in the Country just between some months he was able to bring happiness to the country while some fools have been their claiming to be the leaders while we the followers have been surfering no happiness and joy in the country i just love keshi as a man well thanks again to the super Eagles for the trophy love you guys and you really made my day in www.NaijaBet.com i did won great bet their men and it really working fine.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by HARDDON: 10:18am On Feb 12, 2013
that was too weak, too quick.

he had them by the balls and should milk them to the core.

stand on your grounds till all entitlement is payed both to you and your team.

stop hoping on promises cos that is what gov officials are gud @.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by GentleNaaz(m): 10:22am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi resigns, keshi no resign. Hw e take concern me? Politics..... politics....poooollllliiitttiiccsss... After God, na politics i fear die
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by greatgod2012(f): 10:22am On Feb 12, 2013
Im happy he withdrew d resignatin, at least, for d benefit of Nigeria.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by bendazum: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2013
It's been a long time we touched that cup.I would have critically reviewed my citizenship if the Presidency hadn't intervened.Atleast am glad the government still have intellectuals.Am optimistic Keshi will take us to FIFA world cup campaign.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by joskab: 10:29am On Feb 12, 2013
May Almighty GOD deliver Nigerian from all this Failure Leaders.God will not allow their dream to come to pass.They wanted to sack Home base coach in other to get foreign coach to enable them to chop up.BAD PEOPLE!!!!!
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by naptu2: 10:33am On Feb 12, 2013
Now I understand why Mike Adenuga said that he'll take over the responsibility of paying Keshi's salary from next month.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by nerodenero: 10:35am On Feb 12, 2013
Correct Nigerian,smart guy and good time to pull this kind of string.Now,everybody will listen to him and better package put together await him.In fact,he can even re-negotiate his contract.Nice to be a champion ooooo!
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 12, 2013
seunblack: We all knw he can't resign,do u tink its easy earning 5m a month salary?how many coaches in africa are earning up to that?he only wants unnecessary attention and now he has gotten it .comfirmed ibo man
You're wrong bro, keshi has very good reasons for taking the steps he took and it is to forestall future nonsensical behaviour of our football administrators!
Pls, keep your tribal remarks to yourself!

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 12, 2013
willyo: hmmmmm. he should reconsider his reconsidration o. think its better to quit when the ovation's loudest. better now or....... wish him all the luck he needs

You no want make him receive him salary backlog and official car?

Corrupt NFF officials. Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop. Nigerians' second name is corruption.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Paentera(m): 10:42am On Feb 12, 2013
executinal: He will now get direct contact with GEJ cool cool

NFF President will be sacked if Keshi terms and condition of service is not met.

Some people wanted to loot the allocation meant for Keshi and his boys, official Car for paper, Salary for press, residential house for mouth. Keshi we thank you for coming back to continue were you stopped.

Our grass root football development must continue. Say no to bigger boys cool cool

Up Keshi Up Super Eagle, cool cool

[size=18pt]FUC,K NFF[/size] angry angry angry

No president can sack the NFF officials.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by TheEnforcer: 10:46am On Feb 12, 2013
For Keshi was absolutely amazing in south Africa.Winning the nations cup via a bunch of 'rookies' is absolutely phenomenal
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by naptu2: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
There are so many parallels between now and the golden era of Nigerian football.

Westerhof resigned after Senegal '92. Even the sports minister (I think it was Alex Akinyele) wanted him to go, but Aikhomu said no. We went on to win the Nations Cup and perform reasonably well at the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by medoha(m): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Bt why NFF doing like dis? Wel sha its also path of politics
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
boron10: He is not a man of his words. Thought he said he was never going to comeback?
Typical Nigerian, always wanting to display pride with any given opportunity.

Very useless comment from you.

We know how to insult people but never know how to put ourselves in their shoes. What would you do in Keshi's shoes?

Someone's salaries are being owed and his car hasnt been delivered and you tell him to lose all and eat ''honour''. Yet you jumped up rejoicing at the victory of his team when Nigeria won the tournament.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by TheEnforcer: 10:56am On Feb 12, 2013
Adura_ngba:

You must be an un employed graduate with this your English. Na by force to write in English?
lol
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by benpuzzy(m): 11:04am On Feb 12, 2013
This one is called pure politics. Keshi, i love ur style just keep it up.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by forkadict(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2013
otipoju: Two times Amodu qualified nigeria for the world cup. The first was Korea Japan 2002, after Bonfere jo abandoned what seemed a hopeless situaition during the qualifiers.We disbanded a whole national team and called them "tired legs" doing away with a wealth of experience in Finidi, Oliseh, Tijani etc. Eventually we hired an Onigbinde whose players the great Taribo west described as "Junk players". We are just recovering from the consequences of that descision..Amodu again qualified for south africa 2010 and we decided to axe him and bring a lagerback who collected a huge sum of money and did not go beyond the first round.Like Bora militunovic in 1998 he did not even bother to return with the team to Nigeria. Keshi witnessed all these at close quarters and naturally would cringe in horror when he found out that his own FA had typed his sack letter and booked a return flight expecting him to lose against Cotedevoire. If he decides to resign, it would be the honorable thing to do. As most nigerian football fans are impatient and support their own team only when the going is good.( Yet we support Arsenal and Chelsea week in week out win or lose). Many envious journalists have this "pull him down at all costs" syndrome,and are incapable of an objective analyses of issues . There are trigger happy and kleptomaniac federation officials who will sacrifice any coach on the altar of convenience in spite of pledging their support for him publicly... Its not easy to coach Nigeria.Stephen Keshi the Big Boss I doff my hat for you. Respect.

I'm not sure i got the point you were trying to pass across in your post but i'll try to make as much sense of it as i can. If you are trying to emphasise the cluelessness, gross incompetence and corrupt character of our NFF officials, displayed by their going back and forth with the nation's football management by hiring and firing Ahmodu at will, then i agree with you 100%. I also agree with you that Keshi has successfully navigated a very difficult terrain by managing those id.iotic so called football administrators and helping us to win the AFCON after 19 yrs. However if you were trying to potray ahmodu as a good coach, FA FA FA FOUL. I dont want to dig up ahmodu's list of countless trangressions when he was the coach of the national team cos I am not sure you were trying to convince us he was a good coach. But if you were and you confirm it, then I'll be back with ahmodu's head on a plastic plate.

**** I have as much contempt for Ahmodu as i have for Berti Vogts, lars lagerbak, Bora Milutiwhatever.***

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by ceejay80s(m): 11:08am On Feb 12, 2013
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF CORRUPTION the colour of of our flag should be RED, BLACK, RED coat of arm horse should have a gun and the eagle should have a sack of looting money
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by AkoEja: 11:11am On Feb 12, 2013
The NFF is full of corrupt officials. They expect to be bribed before they pay out allowances.
I have always respected Stephen Keshi since the glory days of Nigerian football, when they won the 1994 nations cup and performed well in the world cup, which culminated in being awarded the most entertaining team of the tournament that year.
Keshi should use the leverage he now has to force the hands of these pot-bellied bellicose NFF officials to do the right thing. This team performed well because Keshi is known to be good at motivating his team
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 12, 2013
Etumgbe: why did he resign before? abi he wan creat attention?

Use your brain. Abi u be wicked nigerian?
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by fonssy(f): 11:24am On Feb 12, 2013
I just lost my respect for him.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Saliman22(m): 11:28am On Feb 12, 2013
Akshow: He wan start feel like king kung fu abi? Abeg mind yourself o.

What are u talking about .......... NFF deserve to tender an apology to him ... For now is the best coach in Africa. thank u
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by sammmiey1: 11:28am On Feb 12, 2013
No mind ham,becos dey don dey praise ham make e big head dey swel like local pig....5million per month,e easy?Go ahead&dnt bring world cup home,u'l stil be replaced.
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by forkadict(m): 11:32am On Feb 12, 2013
ceejay80s: FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF CORRUPTION the colour of of our flag should be RED, BLACK, RED coat of arm horse should have a gun and the eagle should have a sack of looting money

I love you man. No homo. Naija is a HOPELESS situation and SHALL ALWAYS remain so if nothing is done about corruption. Funny enough, some maggots do not see anything wrong about nigeria. what a shame!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. / Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.