Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,902 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! (28352 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by kjhova(m): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
otipoju: - I am definitely not trying to potray Amodu as a fantastic and very technically sound coach. In fact have my very strong reservations about his mettle as a coach.But I will never hold him in contempt.Fact remains that he was unfairly treated...

You responded well to @fork_addict. However, i will like to also add, for both of you guy's consideration, that Mr. Shuaibu Ahmodu remains the most decorated Nigerian manager of all times till maybe Stephen Keshi. His honours include: winning 2 CAF Cup Winners Cups, winning the fore-runner of today's MTN-8 Cup with Mamelodi Sundowns, qualification for AFCONs 2002 & 2010 as well as FIFA World Cups 2002 & 2010, 3rd place in both AFCONs attended loosing to Senegal and Ghana in the semis (suffice to say that both countries subsequently went on to reach the quarter finals in both FIFA WC!!

If these achievements doesn't represent success to anyone reading this, i'd suggest you post your personal achievements in life herein before rendering an opposite response to my conclusion that Mr. Ahmodu is a TACTICALLY and TECHNICALLY gifted manager who we have all conspired to dehumanize unfairly!

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by Viktallbay(m): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
d guy had no intention of resigning anyway he probably just wanted to get a change of terms. i am sure he is now getting a better deal dan originally bargained. Smart man wink
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by ogayor: 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
I sincerely wish he should focus on building a great team now.
Nigerians and relevant authority should be patient with him also.
Best of luck in our next intercontinental games. ( Confederation cup.)
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by godman01(m): 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
That's a good news now because we need to continue to build the team ahead of Brazil 2014!
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by forkadict(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2013
otipoju: - I am definitely not trying to potray Amodu as a fantastic and very technically sound coach. In fact have my very strong reservations about his mettle as a coach.But I will never hold him in contempt.Fact remains that he was unfairly treated by not being allowed to reap the fruit of his labour and hurts more when his replacements were "baroof". Observe Keshi's stance He is against bringing "carpenter"coaches who have no track record of acheivement and have no intention to develop the local players to come and coach the giant of Africa.He believes we deserve better. Bring in a world class coach like Mourinho,Guardiola,Hiddink, Wenger or Sir Alex,Arigo Sachi or Scolari and Keshi will be glad to be an assistant because working with any of those guys will add value to him as a coach. Employing a foreign coach has become an avenue for NFF officials to siphon money by getting their own cut from the astronomical salary they will never offer a nigerian coach.

Now i get the message you were trying to pass across and i agree with you 1000000000000000000000000000%. take care bro
Re: Stephen Keshi Withdraws His Resignation! by forkadict(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
kj_hova:

You responded well to @fork_addict. However, i will like to also add, for both of you guy's consideration, that Mr. Shuaibu Ahmodu remains the most decorated Nigerian manager of all times till maybe Stephen Keshi. His honours include: winning 2 CAF Cup Winners Cups, winning the fore-runner of today's MTN-8 Cup with Mamelodi Sundowns, qualification for AFCONs 2002 & 2010 as well as FIFA World Cups 2002 & 2010, 3rd place in both AFCONs attended loosing to Senegal and Ghana in the semis (suffice to say that both countries subsequently went on to reach the quarter finals in both FIFA WC!!

If these achievements doesn't represent success to anyone reading this, i'd suggest you post your personal achievements in life herein before rendering an opposite response to my conclusion that Mr. Ahmodu is a TACTICALLY and TECHNICALLY gifted manager who we have all conspired to dehumanize unfairly!

LMAO! this is thej joke of the year.

First of, coaching the national team is a very different ball game than coaching a local club. so all that 2000 cup winners cup and 1000 MTN-8 cup, make he put am for him pocket. I will base my argument on his tenures as the coach of the national team.

I vehemently disagree with the content of the last paragraph in your post. ahmodu coached the eagles at a time when we had lots and lots of foreign based players such that even an ardent soccer enthusiast (I'm not even talking about a certified coach here) would have achieved at least the same results ahmodu achieved while he was the super eagles coach. to further burtress my point, mention just 3 games that werent going our way but which Ahmodu using his technical know how was able to turn around in our favour. i need you to mention just 3 out of the thousands of games the eagles played. My point is whatever we achieved while ahmodu was coach of the super eagles was largely attributed to the players we had.

second, Ahmodu kept on inviting the same set of players. No creativity in his list of invitees at any point in time. Just the same set of big boys that felt they could hold the nation to ransom whenever they felt like it. He never gave the home based players a chance. Mind you, i have always belonged to the school of thought that supported giving the local league players a shot at the national teams. Not because Keshi didt it and succeeded now o.

Ahmodu couldnt instill indiscipline into the ranks of the players. They disrespected him at will, they never played any game as if anything was at stake. Under ahmodu, every single match was a friendly as far as the super eagles were concerned. Ahmodu was everys takeholder in Nigerian football's toy. from the players to the corrupt and clueless and incompetent things at NFF, to the sports ministry, ahmodu unlike Keshi never asserted himself at any one instance. all he did was to lick NFF officials' ass in fact let me not say anymore abeg. ahmodu was a big joke. The most disgusting part of the whole saga was to think that NFF felt they had no choice other than ahmodu SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. / Nigerians Talk About The Craziest Thing They Have Done For The Love Of Football / Dettol Cool Announces Odion Ighalo As New Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.