Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON (21819 Views)

Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms / Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match / Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
henryblaze25: He needs not to be blamed, that dude was ectremely tired and if he complains it night sound disrespectful to the club. We shouln't forget that if he had stayed behind 4 the victory party with MR President he would be given a fine by the club.
Why? If he was English and England won the euro cup would he be fined for visiting Cameron in downing street on a victory tour? Would he be ordered to play the next day? Some of you just think like slaves. Sadly, ambrose thinks like a slave too, else he would have asked them to go to blazes.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by supaeagles(m): 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

The AFCON can't be played in the summer because it's going to clash with World Cup any year there is one.

Actually AFCON is now taking place on odd number years and so there will be no clash with world cup which takes place on even numbered years. I think the issue of not having this AFCON played in the summer is that the many countries have very oppressive weather then and so we may not have enough countries to host then.

2 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by omar22(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

The AFCON can't be played in the summer because it's going to clash with World Cup any year there is one.

No they wont thats why the moved it 2013, 15, 17... it would clash with the conferation cups but the only problem is the monsoon raining season which could be a problem.... or for north Africa it could be too hot to play footie
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by omar22(m): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
fili24: @ poster
Forget about rushing him back or something
this guy is not good enough, he gave Juventus 2 away goals and also missed a free header angry

Do you think if it was John Terry do you think he would be cruxified like you lot
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by alorauzoms(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2013
mikeyhernadez: U dey ask me_you blooddy fool_i be like Niel Lenon for your eyes?

hw old are u
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2013
uzo4real: He played on sunday and so? Na I'm fly the plane? He wld have been probably in the bussiness class and enjoyed himself all thru the flight. Abeg jet lag no dey work 4 we africans. He should be blamed joor.
You're a retar.ded fool. Stup.id brainless idio.t.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
omar22:

Do you think if it was John Terry do you think he would be cruxified like you lot
Not in a million years. Sad thing is, these fools here actually accept second class status. They know full well terry would never be treated like that.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by born2boink(m): 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
I think the coach shouldn't have use him, the position he played in nation cup is total different and level of that tournament can't be compare to that of Europe, different orientation, different perspective, from rightbackk to straight centre back, different ecosystem, all within 24 hrs. Even if player is senseless to play, the coach should be sensible to access him with training first before playing . .... Even Yaya Toure don't know what he was doing at southampton 3 one lost.... If at worst he want to manage him, he should first apply position of that of nation cup which is right back but the truth is, he should have been rested and assessment on training first, I doubt if he even train before training, this is all about one whole month tornament

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by fili24: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
@ ROSSIKE OMAR22
I'm not here to insult or argue,
FYI Tottenham chattered a private plane for Adebayor so he wouldn't miss the match against Newcastle
He played and they won so what are u talking
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
fili24: @ ROSSIKE OMAR22
FYI Tottenham chattered a private plane for Adebayor so he wouldn't miss the match against Newcastle
How many matches did Adebayor play at afcon? Why should ambrose be "afraid of losing his starting position"? If terry had won the euros with England would he have had similar fears of losing his starting position at Chelsea for taking a couple of days break after the tournament? Until Africans insist on equal treatment they will continue be treated as mugs.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by julioralph(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Kx: In an era of match fixing,
should nt the top mgt of Celtic be investigating Celtic manager Neil Lennon for fielding a tired, exhausted,sleep deprived and jet lagged Efe Ambrose especially in a central defensive-more like the last man- role?

God bless you.
Exactly what's been going through my mind!
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by omar22(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
fili24: @ ROSSIKE OMAR22

So....They only Chartered a plane when they realised that Defo would be out for 6 months, but Adebayor was meant to go back with his team-mates to Lome, Adebayor said no and he chartered a private jet to carry him and his team-mates back to Lome, he is not getting on the Airforce plane provided by the Togolese FA and thats why he was late....

Togo played on the 3rd his next game for Spurs was on the 10th, he has ample time to rest.... the same for Yaya Toure, Gervinho, Tiote etc..... No sane manager would attempt to do such thing, by playing a player who had a 10 hours flight, who just played at high altitude in the southern hemisphere, and played till late in the night 2 days ago.... why do you think Arsene Wenger ripped into the England Manager for using Jack Wilshire for the whole game against brazil last wednesday?

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by emmabest2000(m): 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
madridsta007:

He returned to Scotland Tuesday morning. The match was Tuesday night.

It was senseless starting him, wonder what Neil Lennon was thinking?
you are on point all blames shuold go to the coach simple
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
I just saw an alert saying Kris Common s blames Ambrose. ...Common s should blame the msnager that picked Ambrose for a game 48 hours after a cup final. .. what a farcical team and league where Celtic and Rangers gave won the league for at least 20 years shio angry
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by vandarsar(m): 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
Honestly both efe and neil should be investigated. Its rather absurd to field such a player in such a high profile match. I really didn't see the match but if Efe played as CB then that nails it ! Because this is a player that's been training and playing as a) for 3 weeks, u would have think he needs time to adjust his mentality towards playing in his fav position..... As for neil, he's totally crazy! Over reliance on black players is worrying him.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by vandarsar(m): 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
Chris is an overrated average English player so don't take him seriously. He knows efe is one of the stars of the team and on a day when he didn't deliver like he did against Messi, primarily because of his boss's dumbness the only thing he and his overrated boss can do is to lunch a series of abuse on a champion! Meanwhile efe is a low lifer dude, he should have be in Abuja not Glassgow .

toksesho: I just saw an alert saying Kris Common s blames Ambrose. ...Common s should blame the msnager that picked Ambrose for a game 48 hours after a cup final. .. what a farcical team and league where Celtic and Rangers gave won the league for at least 20 years shio angry

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
The Efe Ambrose i watched last night didnt show any sign of jet lag or tiredness,it think its a case of bad decisions from him,he went forward and got caught in a counter for the first goal,he wouldnt have put in much effort to prevent that had he been present when juve attacked.

He missed a clear chance to score with a header even when he was unmarked.

The third goal was totally avoidable if he had passed the ball instead of holding onto it for too long.i think he has this tendency to take some risks when he wasnt supposed to.That was totally poor decision on his part,he did same thing against ethiopia in Adis Ababa with siasia which resulted in one of the goals scored against Enyeama,he nearly did same in the friendly against cape verde before AFCON 2013.he tried to flick the ball over the head of one of their forwards in a very dangerous area.

He is such a brilliant footballer but he needs to know when not to play like an attacking midfielder when he is playing in the central defence.Mikel or celtic Mayanma can lose such ball in the midfield without causing any havoc but not a central defender who loses the ball thereby exposing his goal keeper.

For the past 2 weeks he has been playing and adjusting to the right full back position which he did very well at AFCON,celtic manager should,ve taken that into considerations that he hadnt played in the central defence for some time and also with his team mates,he should,ve given him time to adjust to that position.With the eagles,he was well adjusted after some awkward moments in the first match against Burkina fasso,he moved forward with ease and dribbled at will and his mates covered and mopped up certain errors.He shouldnt have moved like that last night,and a good coach should,ve warned him at half time.

3 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Tstark(m): 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ask yourselves if you would still be saying the same thing if Celtic had won the match and Efe had scored the winning goal.Celtic pay this guy's salary and not the NFF, his first priority should always be his main source of income [Celtic] and not you Nigerians or the NFF.

2 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ddippset(m): 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
i really dont get what all the fuss is about. i have seen footballers play two tough consecutive away games in 3 days and perform excellently and have also seen footballers have one whole week of rest and still make defensive blunders like that. efe had a bad game, he had a bad game! no one is to blame. the club pays him thousands of pounds every weekend, so they should leave him in Abuja for a gala night when they feel he could help in a champions league game?
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Tstark(m): 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
ddippset: i really dont get what all the fuss is about. i have seen footballers play two tough consecutive away games in 3 days and perform excellently and have also seen footballers have one whole week of rest and still make defensive blunders like that. efe had a bad game, he had a bad game! no one is to blame. the club pays him thousands of pounds every weekend, so they should leave him in Abuja for a gala night when they feel he could help in a champions league game?

Thank you for your analysis- When he gets paid thousands of pounds weekly the word 'slave' is not mentioned, but when its time to fulfill his obligation to his employers all of a sudden the word slave is thrown around. This a typical example of why the nigerian infrastructure is decaying daily. Nobody wants to work, they want to get paid for doing nothing!

3 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ayusco: 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
I totally blame the jerk of a coach. The coach himself knows efe is a kinda guy who wants to play all the time but do you need a phd to know that a player who has been with his national team four like five weeks(meaning style of play would be different) playing as a right-back, playing five solid games against tough opponents, played on sunday at high altitude, travelled 10 hours from joborg to Glasgow, arrived tuesday morning then expect him to be both physically and mentally fit to face seria a champs juventus who knocked out holders chelsea? Smh the coached should be fined
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ayusco: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
@tstark u don't expect someone who has been away with his NT for five weeks playing as a right-back to arrive barely one day after the final on the morning of the game against juventus to play as a centre back and perform miracles
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ddippset(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
ayusco: I totally blame the jerk of a coach. The coach himself knows efe is a kinda guy who wants to play all the time but do you need a phd to know that a player who has been with his national team four like five weeks(meaning style of play would be different) playing as a right-back, playing five solid games against tough opponents, played on sunday at high altitude, travelled 10 hours from joborg to Glasgow, arrived tuesday morning then expect him to be both physically and mentally fit to face seria a champs juventus who knocked out holders chelsea? Smh the coached should be fined
and how does all this essay of yours stop him from preventing the first bounce of the ball for the first goal, and kicking out the ball instead of holding on to it for the second goal?( even someone who travelled 10 straight days by jet knows he shouldnt let the ball bounce as the last man). why are you guys trying to give unnecessary excuses for his blunders?
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ddippset(m): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
blunders are blunders, that's why they are called blunders. defensive blunders are defensive blunders! they are different to having a potent attack come at you and beat you for pace or for skill. a blunder is a blunder.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ayusco: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Guy u yourself go and play a high intense game for 90 minutes at onikan after that enter plane travel to spain and immediately come down and face barca nansense so u pple think playing football is a easy abi? Yaya toure with more days rest messed up against Southampton now u expect ambrose to be ready for juventu smh
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ddippset(m): 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
ayusco: Guy u yourself go and play a high intense game for 90 minutes at onikan after that enter plane travel to spain and immediately come down and face barca nansense so u pple think playing football is a easy abi? Yaya toure with more days rest messed up against Southampton now u expect ambrose to be ready for juventu smh
what do you mean yaya tuore messed up? yaya tuore went for AFCON, but what about gareth barry? did he go for AFCON as well? did you see his 2 blunders? and now yaya tuore is reponsible for that?
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ayusco: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
Where in my post did I mention yaya toure caused BArrys own goal? That's y u fail comprehension in school then blame jamb afterwards. I mentioned yaya toure because I was trying to highlight how a top player like him is finding it difficult to readjust to the man city set up even with days rest. Go to work in another company perform work functions different from previous place then on the day of resumption be expected to close a deal your more experienced glamorous competitors are after
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Lamasta(m): 7:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
mikeyhernadez: U dey ask me_you blooddy fool_i be like Niel Lenon for your eyes?

my brother no be fight o......
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by pakinboye: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
You said he made a bad call to accept? Do U think they give U chance to say U don't want to? They want to stress him they did and got the result.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ridgeman: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
Let them blame Ambrose all they want!
The Celtic coach is at fault for even picking him in first place, gross inexperience is what he displayed, next time he will know better. Wonder why fifa doesn't have a rule against such stupid decisions
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by merengue: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
born2fuck: you don't just come here and talk jagons, did you watched him play against barcelona, why did he not made such mistake?

Because against Barcelona, Celtic defended with ten men and at the AFCON, he came up against mediocre opposition. Bosingwa also defended well against Barca last season, does that mean he was a fantastic player?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o: I Prefer Mourinho's Style To Guardiola's / Benjamin Mendy Granted Bail, Awaits Trial For Rape & Sexual Assault Charges / Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.