Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON (21818 Views)

Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms / Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match / Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Reference(m): 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
Babamide: We could blame the coach for including him in the team, but I guess he was indispensable for him to have played 90mins. The main controversy is why the nations cup is played in January considering that most leagues are on at that time and even the transfer window is open. The nations cup should be played in the summer!

Really. And why can't European leagues play out in the summer instead. Must we always be subservient. CAF has already bowed to FIFA and shifted to odd years'.

The Nation's Cup is held in January because it offers the best weather in much of Africa where infrastructure is deficient.

The match meant more to Celtic than Efe. It is they who should have thought it through. It was a bad gamble and they lost. Smacks of unprofessionalism and arrogance. Sorry.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Reference(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
Tstark: Ask yourselves if you would still be saying the same thing if Celtic had won the match and Efe had scored the winning goal.Celtic pay this guy's salary and not the NFF, his first priority should always be his main source of income [Celtic] and not you Nigerians or the NFF.

Be real. There is NO WAY the disaster will have been prevented with Efe playing CB. Take it from me. You cannot cheat nature. Players who play Saturday & Wednesday qualifiers never return the same thoughtless of a full tournament. He's been away for over a month playing with an entirely new team, a new coach, in a different position, against different opponents, in a different competition and an alien soccer culture. Heck, it is summer in South Africa and bleeding winter in Europe. Freezing in Glasgow and he should excel within 12 hours after a 10 hour flight. Haba Celtic. You had it coming.

I said same immediately on this forum when his name popped up and woke up this morning to see 0-3.

Don't worry Celtic. Efe the defender will score 4 in Turin.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Desdola(m): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
Honestly the coach I think should be blamed. A guy that finished a tournament on sunday, took a 10 hour flight to Scotland, received on tuesday morning and was started in d evening in a match of such calibre. The guy no be jerky
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by uzo4real(m): 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Wonder who is brainless now.
ROSSIKE: You're a retar.ded fool. Stup.id brainless idio.t.
@Rossike, I see you are a kid, allow men talk b4 you start misbehaving.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by sweetgala(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
According to reports he only landed in Scotland on Tuesday morning. Why he agreed to play shocks me. And that young lad Kris Commons that has never achieved anything significant in his career has come out pointing fingers.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Babamide(m): 12:13am On Feb 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

The AFCON can't be played in the summer because it's going to clash with World Cup any year there is one.
The AFCON has been shifted to odd years so it can never clash with the world cup
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Babamide(m): 12:17am On Feb 14, 2013
Reference:

Really. And why can't European leagues play out in the summer instead. Must we always be subservient. CAF has already bowed to FIFA and shifted to odd years'.

The Nation's Cup is held in January because it offers the best weather in much of Africa where infrastructure is deficient.

The match meant more to Celtic than Efe. It is they who should have thought it through. It was a bad gamble and they lost. Smacks of unprofessionalism and arrogance. Sorry.
It is not bowing to FIFA, it is doing things the right way. Every league in the world is supposed to end in may and begin in september. Even SA had to put their league on hold to allow for the AFCON. Summertime would provide a suitable weather for football and football pitches in Africa
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by mbulela: 12:27am On Feb 14, 2013
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/13/celtic-kris-commons-ambrose-juventus

Efe should give this Kris boy a very good hot slap. How do you disrespect your teammate like that in public?
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Phinity: 5:47am On Feb 14, 2013
mikeyhernadez: U dey ask me_you blooddy fool_i be like Niel Lenon for your eyes?
lol are u a learner? as i always tel my fwend folks"u win some u luz some..."
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by AjanleKoko: 8:22am On Feb 14, 2013
mbulela: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/13/celtic-kris-commons-ambrose-juventus

Efe should give this Kris boy a very good hot slap. How do you disrespect your teammate like that in public?

No be the guy fault. Na Barcelona dey responsible. Showed too much respect for them, and now they think they're world beaters.
The Old Lady has put them out of their misery anyways. Efe won't be short of offers should they make the mistake of asking him to go.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Profibus: 11:24am On Feb 14, 2013
Of all the comments about whom to blame for Celtic loss, no one ever directed blame on the attackers. The attackers were not deadly, very weak shots on two occasions, they had bad finishing. If they had scored it could have been a different story. I felt sorry for Efe immediately the first goal came because he could have done better. I think he was fragged out. Celtic team could have taken it as fate and forged ahead rather than destroying a player's morale.
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by ideylaff: 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
Jarus: It is a plus for him and for African football. It shows he is indispensable. To be indispensable in a club as decent as Celtic is an achievement.

Person wey play 15 games out of over 30 games + dey indespensible.. LOL very LOL
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
uzo4real: Wonder who is brainless now.@Rossike, I see you are a kid, allow men talk b4 you start misbehaving.

You call yourself a man?

Here's what you said:

uzo4real: He played on sunday and so? Na I'm fly the plane? He wld have been probably in the bussiness class and enjoyed himself all thru the flight. Abeg jet lag no dey work 4 we africans. He should be blamed joor.

These are the words of an im.becile, not a man.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by tonididdy(m): 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
Truequest: I watched with utter disbelief the inclusion of Nigerian international Efe Ambrose in the Celtic squad that lost to Juventus on Tuesday in Uefa Champions League. Ambrose was not only included in the squad but the lad was played all through the duration of the match. And commentators and analyst took turns to blame him for mistakes that lead to two of the goals conceded.

This is a lad that has just ended a gruesome tournament on Sunday night in far away South Africa, he may have possible arrived Scotland on Monday, then Tuesday he was in the starting eleven for a game against the Italian giants.

My questions are; Is it fair to blame this lad for being tired?

for more go to:
http://africanquarters.com/index.php/component/k2/item/6130-efe-ambrose-a-case-of-european-clubs-disregard-for-afcon.html
did efe ambrose complain to you?...and what is this part''...european clubs disregard for afcon''.you dont know what a job is,when the boss says jump,u say how high?
Re: Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON by uzo4real(m): 9:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
@Rossike, I pity 4 u. May God deliver u
ROSSIKE:

You call yourself a man?

Here's what you said:

These are the words of an im.becile, not a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o: I Prefer Mourinho's Style To Guardiola's / Benjamin Mendy Granted Bail, Awaits Trial For Rape & Sexual Assault Charges / Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.